Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1283082 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
@Pm05337, congrats, may the good Lord keep her.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
Oga PM big congratulations to you and your household. We thank God for safe delivery. Our love to madam and the little princess.

A big welcome to all our newbies. I pray your stay here as a waiting mother will be very short as this is the season of testimonies. Am glad you guys are talking about surrogacy and adoption in the open. People hardly comment on these threads for reasons best known to them. I pray God who answered our prayers after several attempts will come to your aid pretty soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Congrats sir ,Ur little princess will be a source of joy to u and ur entire household ijn

Just got this on doctor google and decided to share as it will be help someone
IVF TIPS, CYCLE DO’S AND DON’TS

Always consult with your physician or RE before during and after an IVF cycle. IVF.ca accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained herein. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by your own physician/Doctor. Readers/members are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources. 

BEFORE you start your IVF Cycle:

Eat a balanced diet.
Exercise in moderation.
Reach a healthy weight. A BMI over 30 could affect the outcome of your cycle in a negative way. An ideal BMI is between 20 and 25.
Speak to your RE about all the medications, vitamins and/or herbs you’re taking. This is very important and unusual interactions between prescribed drugs and others will be more easily identified.
Try to avoid caffeine or reduce it to 1-2 caffeinated beverages a day.
Do not smoke. 
Avoid alcohol or limit your alcohol intake to ½ a glass of red wine a day maximum.

DURING your IVF Cycle: 

Continue eating a well balanced diet.
Try to reduce caffeine to 1-2 caffeinated beverages a day.
Make sure you get adequate sleep: a minimum of 8 hours.
Continue light to moderate exercise.
Don’t smoke (male and female).
Don’t drink alcohol (male and female).
Don’t diet during treatment (losing 10% or more of your body weight can compromise the end result of your cycle). But do diet before if your BMI is greater than 30.
Always avoid fish high in mercury. 
Don’t take any medication, even over-the-counter drugs like allergy or cold medication, without talking to your RE about it. 
Extreme heat can reduce fertility in both partners. 
Drink lots of water, especially during stimulation.
In case of OHSS, drink lots of fluids. Drink Pedialyte instead of Gatorade. It’s just better for you! Drinking 3-5 liters of water per day can prevent OHSS is some cases.
Speak to your RE about baby aspirin. It’s a blood thinner that increases blood flow to the uterus to improve implantation.
Last but not least, try not to stress and be positive. High stress levels are known to reduce fertility in both men and women and compromise the outcome of an IVF cycle.

AFTER the Embryo Transfer:

Don’t eat food older than 12 hours. 
Don’t eat fish high in mercury.
Avoid excessive exercise. Don’t over do it.
Moderate walking is a great exercise during the 2 week wait. Helps to keep stress levels low.
Make sure you get adequate sleep.
Do not lift anything heavy. Some professionals believe anything over 2 pounds is too much; others, anything over 10 pounds. Bottom line: everything in moderation.
Drink lots of water to prevent constipation. Water is also crucial for cell development.
Extreme heat can reduce fertility in both partners.
Practice relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, acupuncture or yoga postures that improve fertility. What’s important here is to do what you enjoy and what helps you relax. Some research suggests that lowering stress levels may improve IVF success rates.
Think POSITIVE!!!!

Tips for Male Factor Infertility & IVF

Speak to your urologist about Serophene (Clomid). It helps improve sperm count and quality in 30% of males. Please keep in mind that this only applies in certain cases.
Vitamins and supplements which may improve male fertility: (note: speak to your urologist or physician before starting anything)
A good multi-vitamin
Vitamin E
B12
Selenium
Zinc
Flax oil
Fish oil
Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Reducing the stress in your life is very important. Practice relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises and/or acupuncture. Walking is also a great way to help you relax. De-stress in whatever way is good for you.
Get adequate sleep. 
Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. 
Reach a healthy weight. A BMI over 30 could affect your fertility. An ideal BMI is between 20 and 25. 
Don’t drink or smoke.
Take it easy, don’t over do it, and think POSITIVE!!!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
@pm05337 congrats
so happy for you
may she grow in the fear of the lord
kiss wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Congratulations @ pm05337. May almighty God bless the baby forever. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 8:36am On Nov 25, 2013
This week we shall testify
It shall be fruitful
Its remaining 36 days to the end of the year
We shall all live and celebrate also, cos God will put a new song in our mouth
Have a blesseded week all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2013
Amen and Amen!!! Thank you all for prayers, love and care.....princess and mother are fine by His grace

They came back home last night to His glory

Good morning fams....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Hmmmm, I have missed so much, Congrats my one and only brother here. To think that I was monitoring this thread to know the arrival of that special one but for some days now I had not visited the thread. Am so happy for you my brother, may God continue to bless and keep you, May He cause the baby to grow in stature and wisdom, and in favor with God and men, she will always make you proud in Jesus name......Amen. My regards to the family.

To all the newbies, I trust God to bring solution to all your challenges, you have had enough suggestions made already so I don't have anything to add for now. God bless you real good.

To you my sisters: Abibby, Venus, Safe06, Honeybony, CharisJaden, and the rest I can't mention now, remember God is not done yet with you people. Even with the few days remaining for this year to pass by, I believe God that testimonies will still come out from amongst you people. He is a faithful God. keep trusting Him to help you out and please do the needful and leave the rest for Him. God bless you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2013
@ multiply.....you have come a long way but I know the Lord will hear your cries soon. I just wanted to add another info to the ones u got on the ttc thread that you should try 2 dietary supplements i have been on in the past few days Preginitude(inofolic) and femaprin (vitex) if you can lay your hands on them. I also have PCOS and i have verrrry irregular periods. ( sometimes up to year interval if it is not induced) someone recommended this supplements a while ago and i got them some weeks back.( i also saw various reviews online for them) In less than one week on using them i saw af! and am positive about them. you can also check http://www.pcosdiva.com/2012/07/de-mystifying-myo-inositol/ for more info. Baby dust to us all!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by multiply: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2013
@kings daughter you are a̶̲̥̅ darling. Thanks for the info. Pls where can i get the supplements you mentioned? Anxiously waiting for your prompt ans. You can also email me on increasenmultiply@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
@pm05537, big congratulations o. Regards to madam and ur girl.

@myzone, congratulations. Wish u a stress free pregnancy. Thanks for sharing d tips.

@all newbies, welcome. May God grant our heart desires.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by harbiee: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hello everyone been a while, and it feels so good to be bak and meet good news upon good news, I say a very big congrats to those that have gotten results and to those of us still waiting the remaining days in dis year will not pass us by in jesus mighty name!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2013
wazoboy: OK,
Total motility = 30%
rapid forwad progress = 34%
sperm count =8
total sperm count = 12
normal form = 20%
dat test was on 14th of October 2013.

But earlier this year(20/05/2013) this was d result:
Total motility = 56%
rapid forward progress = 40%
sperm count = 20
total sperm count = 42
normal form = 28%

@Wazo, you can confidently do an IUI. the semen analysis is not that bad. I advise you go for IUI which is usually between 200-250k in most of the clinics. Also, in some clinics, the sperm could also be treated to boost result. You may try this before going into ICSI. ICSI is usually for semen analysis of 2-10% motility with relatively low forward progress.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2013
redeemersave: @Wazoboy, just relax first of all. had this issue, hubby doest smoke , no drinking, no womanisig but his count as even lower than yours!!!! puting those factors aside, there are plenty plenty cause of low sper.m count in men. life style is most important and you being here means you are closer your solution, why did i say this? in most cases men see themselves as the god that can never have fertility issue. so going for count test and taking fertility drugs most times is wahala for them.

going back to your test result, did you ask your self why your previous count was better than the later? am seeing 20million for the previous one and then 8million(i asume its in million) on the on you did lately. hmmmmm, was the test cultured to check for infection? pls check for infection, infection kills sper.m faster than anything, if you confirm infection, you need to treat the infection first of all. then you can talk of boosting it.

now on your IUI, where there is male fertility issue, IUI is not the answer at allllllll. @egariyi, guys are advising him to consider ICSI because of what he tendered, IUI, which based on experience and knowledge he was asked to considered so that he wont waste the huge sum of 500k, 500k is alot of money that is enough to try a better option than IUI.

@Wazoboy, pls read more on ICSI, IVF, IUI, know the one that is most preffered for your case. 500k for IUI is on the high side, if you have 500k now then save up and add a little to it for ICSI which is more reliable.

Above all, God can give you a big surprise this season. Look on HIM.

I am talking from experience. In 2010/11 when i wanted to do ICSI, hubby fluid was 10%, 20% progress, 50 normal, 50% dead cells. I requested that I wanted IUI but was told that IUI can only work when the motility is from 15%. I ended up iwth ICSI first attempt and had a baby girl. If he makes a few life changes with proper diet and some multivitamins, and wifey uterus is ok, they might even get natural conception. during my ICSI, about 4 couples had natural conception just by the folic acid we were asked to take for the few two months!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2013
redeemersave:

now you know why you have the bad result.

let me give you some thing you may need.

fertilaid for men
count boost(ffertil aid product)
vitamin E
CAC1000
Vitamin C
selenium
clomid (since it worked for you you can try it again)
will post more when i remeber
ACV(applle cider vineger mixed with honey) buy the organic one with murder look for bragg brand.

fruits-----

cucumber
cashew nuts
g.nuts
carrot
g.egg
one boiled egg
tiger nut
that what i remember for now.

for you wife (since you said she is ok), let her take ACV as well with honey, vitamin E (there is this miracle one being discussed on ttc thread), she can take Vit c too.

see, try out this with your wife, i feel if you can achieve 20million you can do it again, and you guys can sing a new song soon. pray with her like never before too.

In addition, madam must be on FOLIC ACID too. Its a must for every woman within child bearing age to take it regularly and when ttc, it msut be taken religiously.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Nogen:

In medicine , it is also right not to experiment with someone whose medical case has been examined and established. Why allow him to waste money for a IUI and the amount they are asking from him is also high. His case is not for iui, he will be wasting his money and time. He should rather save up like Blendy said and go for ICSI. He is not a candidate for IUI and am speaking from experience . My one kobo advise though.

Both ICSI and IUI are God's hand work. There is no 100% guaranty that ICSI or IUI is a one off. What am saying is that his semen analysis is not that bad. i have had friends whose analysis were worse off slightly and with little treatment on the man achieved natural conception not to talk of IUI (giving the semen a little push to get to its desired destination). His case is not that bad. Its just my 2cent. the final decision lies on Wazo n wifey to take.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2013
pm05337: Everybody join me sing hallelujah!!!!! Jehovah Jireh has done me well!!!!

To God be all the Glory.....Destiny child (Baby girl) has been born....

Thank you all for all your prayers, love and support.....

I pray for all my sisters in the waiting room dat u will all sing a new song in Jesus' name...Amen

bros...how una dey?

Congratulations and welcome lil angel.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hi Ayaosagie/Smiler,
Surrogacy is possible in Nigeria and I know of someone who has done it once and is on her 2nd. You can send me a private message for more info

ayaosagie: Hello all . I am new to this forum and I was super excited when I saw all the post from such a courageous group of people, its amazing. Its soul releasing to know that there are people I can relate with and we all kind of understand each other's desire to become parents. Married 12 years no biological children of my own , I have a wonderful stepson but you feel half fulfilled without children of your own. I live in Tampa and I have been through so many fertility issues that I don't even know where to begin cry. But I am thinking of coming home to Nigeria to see DR EMEKA based on the wonderful recommendations about him and the fact that I just can't go through anymore emotional drama, I need results asap. Surrogacy is an option that I may explore as well.
But I love all your inputs and if anyone has any recommendations, please let it roll. Lol
Congrats to everyone who has achieved success and God will guide and be with all of us as we wait for His miracles from above.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
my people,

pls put me in prayers oo.
Have been spotting brown since 3days , Dr said to increase pressaries,
am not feeling BFP symptoms again.

what a short lived dream will dis be.
still holding on to God.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
It might just be spotting. Ask for a scan. Don't give up yet people have bled and still gone ahead to carry their babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Myzone, in the name of Jesus Christ, your joy will never be cut short. please rest well, get hold of supernatural child brith and read it day and night, carry your bible and read psalms, carry your hymnal and sing hymns, sweet heart, hymns work wonders.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ bros inwangobio, no be like this we plan am oooo...
@pm congrats
@nogen nd redeemersave,not fair ooo,u gals dint answer my queshun#crying#.
@ myzone,its well with u nd lo,keep ur faith strong.
@ all,hailings..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by myzone: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
my sisters, Amen to your prayers.

it is well with me,.

went for TVS today, Flattened gestational sac with no embryo within the gestational sac,
conclusion: incomplete abortion.

what can i say after this, waiting game by the Dr.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
safe06: @ bros inwangobio, no be like this we plan am oooo...
@pm congrats
@nogen nd redeemersave,not fair ooo,u gals dint answer my queshun#crying#.
@ myzone,its well with u nd lo,keep ur faith strong.
@ all,hailings..

My darling sister, pls what was the question again? I didn't know you asked a question, pls forgive.
@ my zone, relax , it could be implantation bleeding dearie. It is well with you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
i asked about mama helen,her method of treatment and price range,is she negotiable? D money she call for me when I call her ehn,i no know when I commot shoe wey I wear ,dey run, forgetting na fone I dey...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
@myzone,incomplete abortion?May God be your strenght.I pray/hope there is at least one heartbeat.Lets hear frm d doc.My sister,pls stay calm,The Almighty God is with u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Myzone it is well. Remain calm, there's nothing God cannot do. Did the scan pick more than one sac in the first place? How many weeks gone were u bfore the spotting? We have seen situations on this thread where people who had spotting still went ahead to deliver life babies so keep praying and dont give up too soon.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
safe06: i asked about mama helen,her method of treatment and price range,is she negotiable? D money she call for me when I call her ehn,i no know when I commot shoe wey I wear ,dey run, forgetting na fone I dey...

It depends on what she's treating and you can negotiate. Whatever you pay there can never be up to one tenth of the IVF money. Her method is herbs (very very bitter, I must say) and you might get a tummy massage from her machine. Women scream a lot whenever they go through the machine. It is not painful but pinches. Been there and I was happy I went through it. My dear, give it a trial, it is worth it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
thanks dearie.. #hugs#

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ese144: 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Does any IVF center do embryoscopy?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 6:26am On Dec 06, 2013
Very Big Congrats@ MyZone o, God is really faithful. I envy you o though positively, I wish you a itch free 9 months course and pray God will bring to perfection that which He has started. Congrats again.

pls dearest sisters,I'm so sorry for always coming with one proplem or the other,pls the fear of age catching up with me is slowly killing me. I'm 38 and I tried my first ivf at 38 which came out neg. it took 3 years to save up for it and the money just went like that. there's no money to try again immediately so at my next attempt I would have been about 40,I read that its not advisable for age 40 up to try,according to findings my two tupes are completely damaged so natural conception is ruled out for me except by special miracle. pls by next year I intend taking a loan to go for my 2nd attempt that's why I cannot afford to gamble with it.knowing what to do inorder to maximize my chances cuz I can't afford to fail again is what is almost getting me insane with thoughts,worries, restlessness and confusion, dont know whether to just throw it to fate again or to just go for surrogacy.pls can any one help advise on what to do that will get me sure results cuz I can't afford to fail again cuz if it fails again at what age will I finish repairing the loan and start saving up again for another attempt. Baby dust to all .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2013
@arisolama,u shall bear forth the fruits of your womb Insha Allah, amin.
Me think you should go to a fertility hospital with good success rate,and talk with the doctor,he/she should be able to advise medically the best way out.
pray very well,cry out to the lord,eat healthy foods/fruits,and most of all calm down,let yr mind be @ peace,cos nothing can stop you from having your baby when God says it's your set time, ,not even the bad tubes can stop your eggs from implanting in your womb.
Be positive babes. Its well with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.