Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Taking Advantage Of Quiet People - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taking Advantage Of Quiet People (5871 Views)

Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / Take Advantage Of Bazouka To Solve Ur Joystick Size Problem / Are Quiet People Really Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Jman06(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
My dear, that's how terrible people can be. Once they think you're quiet they'll start scheming for how to outsmart and use you. They mistake your quietness for foolishness and throw all sorts of rubbish at you until the day you'll react and boom! They'll start gossiping and demonizing you.

I've had similar experiences. When I meet people for the first time, I like to play the naive and foolish character in order to get to know the other persons better, and trust me, the result has always been the same. They'll try all their possible best to exploit my "naivety" until they push me to the wall and I react, ehn! The narration will now change with them gossiping about me and making others see me as the bad one.

People hardly use their discretion to treat good guys with equal measure of goodness. They'll always want to take advantage of you. It's a dog-eat-dog society out there!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 25, 2023
PROPEACE:

Reminds me of the movie "The Count of Monte Cristo", if you haven't watched it, please do and see how a good man was turned to a wicked one. Most Nigerians are naturally sadistic, they get their kicks from being wicked and quite sadly, they prey on gentle people.

You mean, Satara?
I watched the count of Monte Cristo in 2006. One of my favourite movie. I long to watch it again.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by poshestmina(f): 1:19am On Jun 25, 2023
I have a calm appearance and I hardly talk .

There was this agent that showed me an apartment that I liked ,he insisted on collecting Agent and agreement together (after paying 10k to show me the available apartments under him ) ,I said I would pay everything with the rent when I meet the landlord .

He insisted and I paid .I went behind to investigate and try to find out about the house ,why 4 flats were vacant in such fine building and environment in LAGOS!! because it wasn't adding up ,got stories of how previous tenants were not progressing , occultist landlord .

I called the agent that I wasn't interested,take 30k out of the money and refund the rest .I don't want the house again.
I called for weeks,I went to his office severally ,the beriberi secretary will say he's not in .

The day my head full ,I went to Ojo cantonment and explained myself to a friend . He said immediately I'm sure the agent is in his office,I should call.

Long story short ,na me and 5 Army officers drag the werey out .I collected the full money . Told him the 30k I wanted to give him will replace the transport fare and airtime I'd been wasting.

My debtor customers nko ?
They just always take quietness for stupidity ๐Ÿ˜‚.

One was owning me money for two bags of rice for months and she was getting and posting her different catering events .I went to her house one early Saturday morning ,she started insulting me with Yoruba ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm a quiet lane minder but don't push my patience.

"I'm from Port Harcourt no be introduction ,na warning"

6 Likes

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by nnamdi640: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2023
Rosaline5000:
Why do most people like taking advantage of quiet people, as if they think if someone is quiet they see them as "mumu" because it's really frustrating.

Someone been quiet doesn't mean the people dont know anything or can't handle situation.

Take for example, there is one neighbour I have, she has been looking for a house girl for months now and she was willing to pay 25k for it, she has even paid an agent for it.
So one day she met this house girl that was living in the same street with her friend and asked her if she can find a girl for her, the house girl said she has a Sister that she can bring for her.
So this my neighbour gave her 15k to bring the girl, then the girl came and start working for her, the girl was very quiet and humble, she can tell the girl to run up and down the street and the girl will do it without complain.

My neighbour have a shop so the girl was going to the shop and doing Sales girl and also doing house girl at home, after one month my neighbour didn't pay the girl saying the 15k she use to bring the girl is her first month salary.
The girl didn't say anything because she is a quiet person and my neighbour like telling everyone that this girl doesn't know anything and she is the one teaching her everything.
So after second month of working my neighbour finally paid the girl and guess what she paid her 10k, imagine in this economy she is paying someone that is doing sales girl and house girl together for her 10k and the funny thing was she paid the girl once the girl told her, her period have come and she should buy pad for her, then she gave her her salary and tell her to buy pad from it.

It's just funny how some people thinks they are so smart they can take advantage of people, anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her own mind of making that decision.
Now she is looking for a new girl and anybody she met they are telling her 25k and more, funny thing was that the old housegirl could have accepted 15k only of she didn't try to be smart about the situation.
Honestly some people are so wicked and heartless.

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by PROPEACE: 6:38am On Jun 25, 2023
eDarlling:

You mean, Satara?
I watched the count of Monte Cristo in 2006. One of my favourite movie. I long to watch it again.
I too need to watch it once more.

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by kunchi(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2023
For some people is hard for them to keep their promise
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Blake755: 11:02am On Jun 25, 2023
Fear those quite ones ooo
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Aklee4994(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Badmashii:
Omor you can't be meek and survive peacefully in the street of lagos. You need to be LOUD AND BOISTEROUS. In other words, you need to dey change am for people steady steady anytime they Bleep up. Lasgidi guys fit relate with me.
All this am meek still have many factor to be considered the way you have said it if you live in Lagos and you Dey show the quiet one and no any form of brutality or ruggedness in you even your close ally go show you Shege or snitch on you..

Be capable to harm other to save yourself from being prey on..Am quiet ๐Ÿค but I will never create familiarity facially even to cut the story short my face will make you think all evils is in me but if will try to get along each other I gat you for life...Never you play with my intelligent or what am capable of doing that is my principle and I will never deny you of the latter also..Iโ€™m born and cultivated in Ajegunle city not introduction Na warning โ›”๏ธ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
Plenty married woman are like that woman.
Woman have plenty issues, they like taking advantage
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
I'm quiet when I'm in public or with the people I'm not used to, but don't take my silence for granted because you'll regret it.

I remember when I just finished with my varsity education and was about to pack my things and go home, my friend's boyfriend asked that I borrow him my fridge until he finish his masters program, he was only left with one year... He assured me that he'll take good care of it and that I should come fetch it the following year in September.

He asked for the fridge through my friend, I thought about it and agreed to borrow him the fridge... I met him a few times and he saw me as this nice person who doesn't like any trouble.

Time went by and September, no one contacted me to tell me to come and fetch my fridge, I kept quiet for the whole of September... Around October, my friend told me that her boyfriend wanted to buy the fridge from me and asked me to name my prize, but I told her that I'm not selling it... Already I had promised someone else that I was going to give him that fridge... The guy called me and tried to plead with me, but I had already made up my mind and I was not selling it.

I told him that our agreement for me to borrow him the fridge had lapsed and I wanted to come and fetch the fridge because my eldest nephew who was doing his first year in varsity had already asked that I give him the fridge... This guy just said okay and I never heard from him again.

I called my friend and told her that I wanted to come and fetch my fridge... This friend of mine just started pleading with me and apologising because she knows the kind of a person I can be when I'm pissed off.. grin grin grin.. I'm nice, but I don't like being taken for granted or being played with.. She told me that her boyfriend completed his masters program two months ago and he left with my fridge.

I told her to make a plan since she's the one who came to me and asked for the fridge on his behalf, else she'll have to pay me the same amount that is equivalent to that of the fridge... She tried talking to him but the guy didn't take her seriously, I also called him, but he didn't take me seriously either, he was busy laughing.

I gave him a month to bring back my fridge and my friend told me that if he doesn't bring back the fridge within that month, I should get him arrested because she was really disappointed in him and she didn't care anymore.... A month passed by and nothing happened... I got some details of his whereabouts, even though it wasn't the exact location, which was far, but I traveled to that place and upon getting there, I went to the nearest police station that was working under the jurisdiction of that location, I opened a case of theft and thankfully, I still had my fridge receipts as proof that it is mine, and I traveled back home afterwards.

After two weeks, they called me and told me that they managed to locate and arrest the guy... Honestly, I wasn't expecting the police to solve the case that quick, I had my doubts.. grin grin grin.

He had just gotten a new permanent job when he got arrested and they immediately suspended him until further notice.. grin grin grin... I later ended up dropping the charges after a couple of months because things were just not working out properly during the lockdown and I got my fridge back... grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Starboytwo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2023
I donโ€™t understand you guys quietness in the face of oppression.

Iโ€™m very chilled but highly observant. No try film beside me.

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by almarthins(m): 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rosaline5000:
Why do most people like taking advantage of quiet people, as if they think if someone is quiet they see them as "mumu" because it's really frustrating.

Someone been quiet doesn't mean the people dont know anything or can't handle situation.

Take for example, there is one neighbour I have, she has been looking for a house girl for months now and she was willing to pay 25k for it, she has even paid an agent for it.
So one day she met this house girl that was living in the same street with her friend and asked her if she can find a girl for her, the house girl said she has a Sister that she can bring for her.
So this my neighbour gave her 15k to bring the girl, then the girl came and start working for her, the girl was very quiet and humble, she can tell the girl to run up and down the street and the girl will do it without complain.

My neighbour have a shop so the girl was going to the shop and doing Sales girl and also doing house girl at home, after one month my neighbour didn't pay the girl saying the 15k she use to bring the girl is her first month salary.
The girl didn't say anything because she is a quiet person and my neighbour like telling everyone that this girl doesn't know anything and she is the one teaching her everything.
So after second month of working my neighbour finally paid the girl and guess what she paid her 10k, imagine in this economy she is paying someone that is doing sales girl and house girl together for her 10k and the funny thing was she paid the girl once the girl told her, her period have come and she should buy pad for her, then she gave her her salary and tell her to buy pad from it.

It's just funny how some people thinks they are so smart they can take advantage of people, anyway the housegirl shocked her last week and pack her things and left, she was so surprised saying it people around that have spoiled the girl for her because she can't believe someone quiet like that can have her own mind of making that decision.
Now she is looking for a new girl and anybody she met they are telling her 25k and more, funny thing was that the old housegirl could have accepted 15k only of she didn't try to be smart about the situation.

Woman wickedness to woman

Wey @jennyclay come and see Ur kind o
If na man now, u go dey talk like jakata tsunami.
Just come and see Ur gender.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by hosemujica: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rosaline5000:

If sheโ€™s still available for work and you have her contact please let me know .
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Edipet(m): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
GodWrites:

She is not quiet, she's a mumu. I am a very quiet person and reserved, but that doesn't mean I can't talk when the need arises. If you behave anyhow, I will change it for you immediately.
she not mumu. She is quiet and not troublesome. She 8s a type that avoid problem, she only act when the thing affect her badly, and was unable to manage it again.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Edipet(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
chinae:

Everything isn't violence or screaming onto you voice because "you want change am for the person head". One can achieve same result in quietude via other means.
thanks
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Edipet(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
JayromWrites:
If there is anything I pray to God for every night. It is to take this quietness from me.

Like, I find it hard to talk, no matter how hurtful it is to me. And people have treated me like trash because of it.
same here with me. I hate myself because am too quiet, I'm not outspoken, people have hurt me badly for that. But what i know is that am not dumb

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Badmashii(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Aklee4994:
All this am meek still have many factor to be considered the way you have said it if you live in Lagos and you Dey show the quiet one and no any form of brutality or ruggedness in you even your close ally go show you Shege or snitch on you..

Be capable to harm other to save yourself from being prey on..Am quiet ๐Ÿค but I will never create familiarity facially even to cut the story short my face will make you think all evils is in me but if will try to get along each other I gat you for life...Never you play with my intelligent or what am capable of doing that is my principle and I will never deny you of the latter also..Iโ€™m born and cultivated in Ajegunle city not introduction Na warning โ›”๏ธ

Big ups bro. Your face show and you be correct manchi
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by henndukwe18: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
Candidlady:
We the quiet ones
aswr, if they knew wt WS going through our minds at DT moment they will just keep quiet
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by henndukwe18: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2023
chinae:

Everything isn't violence or screaming onto you voice because "you want change am for the person head". One can achieve same result in quietude via other means.
DTS just me, I use my brain more dan my mouth
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by henndukwe18: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
kkins25:
Yeah! Just like how I'm always spending more anytime i go to market. Once they detect your nature, then, booom... inflation... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ I sometimes know that's not the price but... i hate myself sometimes..

Quietness has its disadvantages and advantages. The advantage, for me, is that no one ever suspect i can do evil. The disadvantage being unable to voice out during time of need and distress..
lol, omo DT ur advantage is also my advantage, pple go look me com b like D's boy dey quiet, e no fit do D's kind tin, just wait until u pour fuel in a small quiet fire n see wt happens nxt, personally I don't even want pple to see me as a good person because they always take advantage of it, they try to use it to their own favour, thereby crossing d line, BT wen u show them d dark side of u, the respect u more, they mind their boundaries n make sure they don't cross Dt line, I respect pple, and in return, I want to b respected, I don't like pple crossing my boundaries, DTS y am always quiet n mind d way I talk to avoid insults n embarrassments

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Aklee4994(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Badmashii:

Big ups bro. Your face show and you be correct manchi
I gat you brother man๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
I don't borrow and forget... grin grin grin and when I get into an agreement with someone, I like to honour it.
GreatVocalist:

Lol dude probably thought that if you could do without your fridge for one year, then you could do without it forever. In his mind, one year would be enough for you to forget about the agreement. Perfect scenario of simplicity and generosity taken for granted.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by ChuksHills(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Candidlady:
We the quiet ones

You a quiet person?
Somebody that is not quiet in nairaland.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Exceed15: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Show your other side sometimes. It will caution them henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Lady97: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hello people
I want to create a circle of friendsโ€ฆWhat am I saying more than friends but familyโ€ฆFamily that have each otherโ€™s back, a family that show genuine love, affection, care, support. I know most of us crave for such. Most of us have been hurt by people will love and care about. Some of us are looking for closureโ€ฆwe need someone to talk toโ€ฆ A circle of like minds.
Trust me Guys, I have a strong feeling that we can achieve this.
If you are judgmental please you arenโ€™t needed
If you arenโ€™t a born again Christian please donโ€™t come close

We will be doing a lot :
Movie Night
Games
Talk show
Heart to heart talk
Hangout etc

So if you are interested you can reach me on WhatsApp via 07047991156 / 07065616074
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Dybala11(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
GodWrites:

She is not quiet, she's a mumu. I am a very quiet person and reserved, but that doesn't mean I can't talk when the need arises. If you behave anyhow, I will change it for you immediately.
Not necessarily everytime o, most times I'll give the person a few opportunities to pass hin boundary before I do what's on my mind. And doing what's on my mind doesn't involve screaming or talking back o. Imagine going AWOL on the overbearing boss or individual.
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Dybala11(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
ChuksHills:

You a quiet person?
That doesn't mean o, some people are online warriors online. Offline like this they're as meek as a dove and quiet as a sheep. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by Dybala11(m): 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
ChuksHills:

You a quiet person?
That doesn't mean o, some people are online warriors online. Offline like this they're as meek as a dove and quiet as a sheep. Being quiet doesn't mean that you're not a bad person sha, some quiet people have a damaged soul. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by XMetroboom(m): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't borrow and forget... grin grin grin and when I get into an agreement with someone, I like to honour it.
Why are u obsessed with my country forum, go and create xenophobicland forum or hivforum, pls leave this forum for us. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by ghettochild(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nigerians and greed are inseparable..

Before u got a maid...
You were willing to pay 25k
U got 1 n the rescinded on ur offer..
She get luck the girl no carry her properties
Re: Taking Advantage Of Quiet People by seniorgozman(m): 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
The last set of people to mess up with are quiet people. You don't know their next line of action

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do Girls Feel About Hairy Men? (girls Only Pls :) ) / How To Tell When A Woman Just Had Sex / Weakness Of Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.