Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar (26416 Views)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Pictures From My First Boat Cruise Experience / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Dshocker(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Just last week, over 200 wedding guest also drowned
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by KingsCity: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Too bad
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by ozo13(m): 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:
You don't know how to swim, you wanna travel by water and you don't have a life jacket!.. What is wrong with us in this country?
Tor I no just understand Sha.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by OSESUNATE(m): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
nairalander2020:
Where the not giving life jacket? how can the be risking peoples life like that.

This is tragic may God console their family for their lost.

There were life jackets given to every one on board, but obviously some were faulty
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by falcon01: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
judatech:
Titanic
Migrants
Medical students
All water mishap...
Trying to connect the dots🤔
Poseidon is Angry

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by JuanDeDios: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
nairalander2020:
Where the not giving life jacket? how can the be risking peoples life like that.

This is tragic may God console their family for their lost.
Yes, questions should be asked and an investigation should be carried out to unravel things. If safety laws were broken, those responsible should be punished.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Funflipper: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Hmm..... talking about life jacket reminded me of how my cousin who I always advise to fatten the car seat belt especially when traveling got saved simply because when they were traveling and were about to approach where Nigeria Road safety had chosen to stay along the road my cousin fattened the seat belt, didn't come across them and that was how the car Tyre bursted and tumbled on motion. The car, has brand new tyres to our surprise. My point is that, very simply safety measures like the life jacket as you have said would have really been so helpful.

You fasten a seat belt not fatten.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by OSESUNATE(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:
You don't know how to swim, you wanna travel by water and you don't have a life jacket!.. What is wrong with us in this country?

Always jumping into conclusion.

Who told you there were no life jackets?

Even if you know how to swim, can you swim thru that kind of water body, have u seen the volume of water?

If you can't empathize with them, just slide instead of making useless accusations
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Karemarealty288(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Last week was Titanic 2....now MEDTANIC..thank God for those that survived and the swiftness of the rescue boat. Rip to the dead.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by abobote: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
God knows I can't enter water for fun.

If its the only available means of transportation, fine. Coz I have crossed borders through water so many times, especially during covid 19 restrictions, when land borders were closed.

Does it mean that these learned medical students, do not know the dangers of entering water without life jackets and other safety measures
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Chno: 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
The only time i dey near water na when i dey bath i dey fear water pass anything
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by abobote: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
OSESUNATE:

Always jumping into conclusion.

Who told you there were no life jackets?

Even if you know how to swim, can you swim thru that kind of water body, have u seen the volume of water?

If you can't empathize with them, just slide instead of making useless accusations
We can't keep empathizing without asking the necessary questions.
Sympathy can not bring back the lost lives, but asking the necessary questions and taking appropriate measure can save the next victim

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by immortalmortal: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
I wonder why they weren't wearing life jacket, even speed boat from Calabar to Oron would give you life jacket, even though it's old and worn out.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by ComeToJesus: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
jswitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJ5MHmtn2E

https://dailytrust.com/medical-students-on-boat-cruise-drown-in-calabar

Certain adventures shouldn't be undertaken in Nigeria because there is zero regards for safety.

Last year, I did one marine operation on that same Calabar channel. The current was so strong that we had to suspend the operation until the tide changed. The self propelled boat suffered some damages. While chilling out on that same resort, the boat guys asked if I'd fancy a boat ride and I told them to vamoose.

In such a terrain, it was so unsafe for the operator to have loaded 14 adults unto a rickety fibre boat for a cruise. Don't even start with life jacket thing. Most of the life jackets handed over to passengers on board boats on Nigerian waters are untested, below specifications and even expired. These useless sub national governments should know that they have a role to play in regulating the activities of these merchants of death.

Until safety is given premium, incidences like this will remain common placed.

Terribly sad. My heart goes out to the families of the lost ones.

The ill fated Titan submarine on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by zumbigbo(m): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Even Lucifer get security protocols for Naija
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by OSESUNATE(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
abobote:

We can't keep empathizing without asking the necessary questions.
Sympathy can not bring back the lost lives, but asking the necessary questions and taking appropriate measure can save the next victim

If you had asked questions I wouldn't have answered you the way I did
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by grandstar(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
Why will people not use life jackets on a boat? It's just toooooooooo risky.

Government must make it mandatory and it should be enforced.

Nigeria is a country where a fisherman does not how to swim. angry angry angry
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by CartelKenneth: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Doctors in hell😂
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by CartelKenneth: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Doctors in hell😂
anyway the burn victims down there need them
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Ate247(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
ManWater:
Like jackets could easily have prevented this tragedy.
Someone suppose face manslaughter charges.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Bobxin: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Era of water killing people.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Alliswell248: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
May their souls rest in peace.
Comfort to the bereaved parents.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Funflipper:

You fasten a seat belt not fatten.

Thank you. I didn't even realize. That's one challenge with auto correct when you type. One will keep proof reading and am lazy at proof reading. Thank you.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Agugbadin: 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
jhonaustin412:
I am deeply saddened to hear about the tragic incident involving the medical students in Calabar. It's a devastating loss for their families, friends, and the medical Remote Teams community. My thoughts and condolences go out to everyone affected by this heartbreaking event. May they find strength and support during this difficult time.

Sad indeed,questions will be asked such as were they wearing life jackets.
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Yankee101: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
No life vests or how?
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by shineeye1: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
jswitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJ5MHmtn2E

https://dailytrust.com/medical-students-on-boat-cruise-drown-in-calabar

The entire story could not tell whether or not the students were with life vests
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Bluntemperor: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
ManWater:
Like jackets could easily have prevented this tragedy.
Someone suppose face manslaughter charges.

•Those who are working there should be arrested - for not doing there job! Dereliction of duty!
•Were they informed of turbulence Ocean ahead( no forecast) and thereby cancel the journey for another days?
•What about Life-Jackets that should have saved the urgly situations?
It's shameful of a Nation, without Characters or how do you feel that Young Medical Officers died in this kind of situation?
•In this Country,we care less about Human Lives and until some people are made to face the music,we can't get it right!
What a Waste!

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by Aareakinwunmi(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ki le jeyo
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by tunize(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rip to them make God nor let person use e money pay for enjoyment when go kill am
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by bionixs: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
Please seriously, could someone tell me the code of a life jacket. Thanks
Re: Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar by HeDied: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
Avoidable situation. I learnt the boat was over loaded with no life jacket. No value for human life. Crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad / Bauchi State: A Land Of Tourism And An Amazing Serene - Photos / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.