Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church (1719 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Nwanna2588: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
Early last year the brother all of a sudden became mad. This is a brother that was very active in the evangelism department. He was even going alone to evangelise without waiting for others. The air of mystery still surrounds what made him mad.
The Church in an attempt to restore him to his former self responded immediately. He was rushed to a psychiatric hospital where he was taken care of. After one month, he was restored but not without being prone to occasional outbursts. The church also sponsored his deliverance program to one of the Church branches but he did not go. This was after the church gave him money for the deliverance.
Today, the church was tired of his occasional outbursts and asked him to stop coming. It should also be known that the church has been feeding him all this while but his outbursts were embarrassing to the Church.
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by MatrixReloaded: 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Early last year the brother all of a sudden became mad. This is a brother that was very active in the evangelism department. He was even going alone to evangelise without waiting for others. The air of mystery still surrounds what made him mad.
The Church in an attempt to restore him to his former self responded immediately. He was rushed to a psychiatric hospital where he was taken care of. After one month, he was restored but not without being prone to occasional outbursts. The church also sponsored his deliverance program to one of the Church branches but he did not go. This was after the church gave him money for the deliverance.
Today, the church was tired of his occasional outbursts and asked him to stop coming. It should also be known that the church has been feeding him all this while but his outbursts were embarrassing to the Church.
See format wey Benin boys dat year dey use wash church.

6 Likes

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by chigoziri2403(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:
What do you mean by outbursts
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by judedwriter(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:

First and foremost, evangelism is not something that you do mechanically.

It involves a lot prayers, fasting.

The devil doesn't joke with evangelists. They need to live extra holy to wade off spiritual attacks.

The church shouldn't just discard him as a rag in the dustbin.

Love is patient.

6 Likes

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Nwanna2588: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
chigoziri2403:

What do you mean by outbursts
At a time he would confront a person sitting for no apparent busy. Sometimes he would utter invectives. Too many that I cannot express them in words.

1 Like

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Absuchat(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
Church should be the ultimate solution to problems. Just like police telling someone to stop reporting a particular criminal to them because he keeps robbing him. It's very wrong of the church. I'm sure it must be a pentecostal church

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by PlayerMeji: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
And by bringing such a scenario to be pilloried by all and sundry on Nairaland is the best decision you think you just took?

Read 2 Samuel 1:20 and you will understand that not everything that happens mainly in the holy house of God should be for public consumption.

Nairaland which is full of kids, degenerates and pseudo-identities is where you seek the brightest opinions.

2 Likes

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
see how quickly these DEMONS IN ROBE gave up on the poor fellow.
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Lance008(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
judedwriter:

The devil doesn't joke with evangelists. They need to live extra holy to wade off spiritual attacks.

Love is patient.
Bro truth be told before u pick up mic know you win or lose the battle because devil is also fighting
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by LordReed(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:

SMH. So sad.
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Nebes: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
He must have prayed open a portal that was too much for his mind.
I think saturating the mind with the scriptures serves as a guide beyond this realm. Without enough scriptural backup you journey at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:
■ The Church in an attempt to restore him to his former self responded immediately. He was rushed to a psychiatric hospital where he was taken care of. After one month, he was restored but not without being prone to occasional outbursts. The church also sponsored his deliverance program to one of the Church branches but he did not go. This was after the church gave him money for the deliverance.
■ Today, the church was tired of his occasional outbursts and asked him to stop coming. It should also be known that the church has been feeding him all this while but his outbursts were embarrassing to the Church.
People don't suddenly run mad. You brother refused to heed the many warning signs. He probably convinced himself those warning signs from his brain were instead spiritual signals to indicate he was going on spiritually, not realizing it was his brain sending him signals that something was, in fact, wrong, and treatment was necessary.

2. Money for deliverance again after Psychiatric help? Why didn't the church simply urge him to continue psychiatric treatment? Treatment for such things takes years, not weeks. So why deliverance and from what exactly? undecided

3. You that you came to tell us the story, do you have any idea what the diagnosis from the mental hospital was? undecided

2 Likes

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:
■ At a time he would confront a person sitting for no apparent busy. Sometimes he would utter invectives. Too many that I cannot express them in words.
So, is the church not looking to send him back to the psychiatric hospital? undecided
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
PlayerMeji:
■And by bringing such a scenario to be pilloried by all and sundry on Nairaland is the best decision you think you just took?

Read 2 Samuel 1:20 and you will understand that not everything that happens mainly in the holy house of God should be for public consumption.

Nairaland which is full of kids, degenerates and pseudo-identities is where you seek the brightest opinions.
Lol..... you folks think that by hiding these things you help your gods of men, right? undecided
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by LikeAking: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:

Life, every thing na hype..

Use ya head.
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by KingPure(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
judedwriter:

Love is patient.

You talk what you don't know....

Mark 16:15-20 will give you all that you need to know about going out for Jesus. Ignorance is more dangerous than all demons and the devil put together Isaiah 5:13.
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by McStoic(m): 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
PlayerMeji:
And by bringing such a scenario to be pilloried by all and sundry on Nairaland is the best decision you think you just took?

God bless you for this comment. They don't understand that the negative attention is not good at all
Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by judedwriter(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
KingPure:

You talk what you don't know....

Mark 16:15-20 will give you all that you need to know about going out for Jesus. Ignorance is more dangerous than all demons and the devil put together Isaiah 5:13.

Don't you know evangelism is spiritual warfare?

You can't live anyhow life when you're preaching the gospel. You must live holy to avoid intense spiritual attacks.

Don't misquote me. We all must evangelize and win souls. But we must be careful to do it in holiness and fear of God.

1 Like

Re: See Why A Brother Was Asked To Stop Coming To The Church In My Church by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
judedwriter:
Don't you know evangelism is spiritual warfare?
You can't live anyhow life when you're preaching the gospel. You must live holy to avoid intense spiritual attacks. Don't misquote me. We all must evangelize and win souls. But we must be careful to do it in holiness and fear of God.
Is that why the church in question knew to send the man to a mental health hospital then knowing he required the help of professionals and not their deliverance room? grin

(1) (Reply)

Divine Revelation: Fela Kuti Laments Agonizingly From Hell. / You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! / A Call For Prayer For These Nairalanders- Huxley, Nimshi, Krayola Etc:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.