Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? (1676 Views)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? / How To Start The Okada Or Motorcycle Spare Parts Business In Nigeria / Sell Your Okada or Keke here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
I am tired of my teaching job, so I want to do something else that will fetch me more money, since I've not been able to get a good job since I graduated 4 years ago. Please I need your advice, which one is better? Please state your reason. Thanks

Mod please help me post on homepage, I need people's opinion

3 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Badabada(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
9ja! Survival of the fittest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by HeartlessMan: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Idleness abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by IntelligentGoat: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Do Pos o. Except you want to be crying for your bike while another man gets the money and tell you stories. Except its for higher purchase

Pos is better for me
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by IntelligentGoat: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
grin
Verywickenman how far na
HeartlessMan:
Idleness abeg.
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Puss360(f): 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Na wa ooo.... People are really passing through hard times oo.... Which kind option be dis Pos or Okada... Oluwa ooo... If safety matters to you, then choose POS.... But if Marginal Profit is very important, then go for Okada.....
Above all, put God first... Coz your condition needs to change oo...

3 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by talented321: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ama you funny small o
Puss360:
Na wa ooo.... People are really passing through hard times oo.... Which kind option be dis Pos or Okada... Oluwa ooo... If safety matters to you, then choose POS.... But if Marginal Profit is very important, then go for Okada.....
Above all, put God first... Coz your condition needs to change oo...
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Puss360(f): 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
talented321:
Ama you funny small o
I just weak ....
As e dey so, Nigerians need everyday Palliative till further notice....
Coz people are passing through a lot daily...
It is well....
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by talented321: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Puss360:
I just weak .... As e dey so, Nigerians need everyday Palliative till further notice.... Coz people are passing through a lot daily... It is well....
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by NobleSeed(m): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
pos will be okay since you will be doing it yourself.
Find a good location for it, maybe Keke junction that filling station is far from, and as time goes on add fuel to it.
You are good to go ✅
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Pk01(m): 5:05am On Jun 26, 2023
Selfless1:
I am tired of my teaching job, so I want to do something else that will fetch me more money, since I've not been able to get a good job since I graduated 4 years ago. Please I need your advice, which one is better? Please state your reason. Thanks

Mod please help me post on homepage, I need peoples opinion
boss I like ur courage..go for okada. Don't go for any POS. That 200k at hand ...use it buy fairly used Bajaj..3k/day is sure... good luck..and don't think twice about this..

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 6:05am On Jun 27, 2023
IntelligentGoat:
Do Pos o. Except you want to be crying for your bike while another man gets the money and tell you stories. Except its for higher purchase

Pos is better for me

I want to ride it myself

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2023
Pk01:
boss I like ur courage..go for okada. Don't go for any POS. That 200k at hand ...use it buy fairly used Bajaj..3k/day is sure... good luck..and don't think twice about this..

Thanks
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by BabaCommander: 6:49am On Jun 27, 2023
POS is your only option here.
With 200k, you can only get a bike that has been used for 3yrs years or more. And it's also a rainy season.....

So the 200k is too small for even a used bike, except you want to spend all your earnings and time in mechanic workshop.

If you are really keen on the okada, source for more funds AND WAIT till November before venturing into it.

Please, don't borrow to start a business in Nigeria, it will set you back

2 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by IntelligentGoat: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Better
Best
Selfless1:

I want to ride it myself
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
BabaCommander:
POS is your only option here.
With 200k, you can only get a bike that has been used for 3yrs years or more. And it's also a rainy season.....

So the 200k is too small for even a used bike, except you want to spend all your earnings and time in mechanic workshop.

If you are really keen on the okada, source for more funds AND WAIT till November before venturing into it.

Please, don't borrow to start a business in Nigeria, it will set you back

I can get a good bike for 200k sir
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by sonssyo: 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
Selfless1:

I want to ride it myself

I have gone through ur trend to even know what you studied all to no avail,well the amount of money you have may not lead you anywhere in Abuja city. I stayed there before relocating to the east.Huzzle more and raise the capital so that you buy a better okada before mechanics will liquidate that money and you sell off everything, as for POS businesss, 200k will only make you to be an inconsistent vendor full of stories,eg someone can come and make a transfer of 50k, you charge like say 300 naira, next another will withdraw like 20k,30k,50k,60k, the 200 don go down u will run to the bank to withdraw again by the time you are back, you have missed 2-5 clients,next they will say that POS man there no dey dey.
But you can still try it out,e no easy
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by sonssyo: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Selfless1:

I can get a good bike for 200k sir
Please don't be deceived, you can't, Nigeria used items are near to grave,eg when I bought my first car because of emergency (had accident) need to return to work driving this time ,I used 850k and bought Nigeria used, believe me I changed all the tyres, changed power steering,changed alternator etc before the car came back to life,thou it's been serving well even more than the newer cars self but I spent good money.
If you are still managing you can't venture into any misery of repairs, please,I hope you get flavoured sha
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
sonssyo:

Please don't be deceived, you can't, Nigeria used items are near to grave,eg when I bought my first car because of emergency (had accident) need to return to work driving this time ,I used 850k and bought Nigeria used, believe me I changed all the tyres, changed power steering,changed alternator etc before the car came back to life,thou it's been serving well even more than the newer cars self but I spent good money.
If you are still managing you can't venture into any misery of repairs, please,I hope you get flavoured sha

I know people that bought a good bike with 170-200k. Getting a good bike is not the problem, I can even buy one that is slightly above 200k. My main issue is the one I should go for, whether POS or Bike business

2 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by sonssyo: 6:18am On Jun 28, 2023
Selfless1:

I know people that bought a good bike with 170-200k. Getting a good bike is not the problem, I can even buy one that is slightly above 200k. My main issue is the one I should go for, whether POS or Bike business

Get bike then,the money their is more, good luck

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by coputa(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2023
Selfless1:

Mod please help me post on homepage, I need peoples opinion
why don't you add a side hustle to the teaching job, like tutorials instead of leaving it outrightly.

For a graduate to ride okada is bad because it diminish your self worth and confidence, your intellect, your physique and expectations.

POS is better if you have made up your mind, look for a good location close to a bank or a busy market

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2023
coputa:
why don't you add a side hustle to the teaching job, like tutorials instead of leaving it outrightly.

For a graduate to ride okada is bad because it diminish your self worth and confidence, your intellect, your physique and expectations.

POS is better if you have made up your mind, look for a good location close to a bank or a busy market

Adding tutorial would have been better, but it's not suitable for my location. To pay school fees sef na wahala let alone tutorial fee.

Forget about being a graduate ridding Okada. There are lots of people building houses doing these businesses you think is diminishing. All in the name of am a graduate you go wear shirt and trouser tired for 40k salary.

POS would have been better, but getting a location here is very difficult as the business is saturated already. Na every angle POS dey.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2023
sonssyo:

Get bike then,the money their is more, good luck

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by coputa(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2023
Selfless1:

Adding tutorial would have been better, but it's not suitable for my location. To pay school fees sef na wahala let alone tutorial fee.

Forget about being a graduate ridding Okada. There are lots of people building houses doing these businesses you think is diminishing. All in the name of am a graduate you go wear shirt and trouser tired for 40k salary.

POS would have been better, but getting a location here is very difficult as the business is saturated already. Na every angle POS dey.
POS business is not saturated,is like you saying that banks are too many, humans carrying out transactions outnumbered the banks

Nobody want to go to the bank to waste his time before carry out a transaction except an important one.

Create a niche round the business and before you know, you will stand out.

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Aurelius1(m): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2023
Pk01:
Have you used a fairly used bike/Keke for transport business before? I have.I have used a used Keke before. The thing nearly killed me. I usually make up to 5k per day only for the Keke to get spoilt the next day. I ended up spending everything I saved in repairing the Keke. If you fix one problem today another one pops up the next day. I had to sell it for 100k. This was something I bought for 290k.
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2023
Aurelius1:
Have you used a fairly used bike/Keke for transport business before? I have.I have used a used Keke before. The thing nearly killed me. I usually make up to 5k per day only for the Keke to get spoilt the next day. I ended up spending everything I saved in repairing the Keke. If you fix one problem today another one pops up the next day. I had to sell it for 100k. This was something I bought for 290k.

You sef go buy Keke 290k, the Keke go don old na. My neighbour bought a bike last year 170k, it's a year old now and he never repair am for once, he only service it
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
coputa:
POS business is not saturated,is like you saying that banks are too many, humans carrying out transactions outnumbered the banks

Nobody want to go to the bank to waste his time before carry out a transaction except an important one.

Create a niche round the business and before you know, you will stand out.

I said it's saturated in my place. You don't live in my place sir, so you can't say otherwise.

Hardly will you walk for 1 minute without seeing POS here.
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2023
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Gentleswift(m): 3:30am On Jul 01, 2023
The details you put up there is quite sketchy. You didn't indicate your state of residence and who will be in charge of the business. For the pos business, if you're in a remote area, you can quite make something out of it. Okada business is quite better profit wise, and quite risky too. It also require alot of manpower too. So know your strength, and choose what's best for you. All the best in your endeavors.
Note: if you settle for the okada business, make sure you get a sound bike.
Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gentleswift:
The details you put up there is quite sketchy. You didn't indicate your state of residence and who will be in charge of the business. For the pos business, if you're in a remote area, you can quite make something out of it. Okada business is quite better profit wise, and quite risky too. It also require alot of manpower too. So know your strength, and choose what's best for you. All the best in your endeavors.
Note: if you settle for the okada business, make sure you get a sound bike.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Okada Or POS Business, Which One Is Better? by Selfless1: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Do U Have In Ur Bank Account Now? / What Business Do Nigerians Do In India / Order From Jumia And Get It Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.