Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? (30480 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

See the attached picture for clarification.

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by sketcherJ(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hmmn. It’s not supposed to be this difficult. Normally banks would check and if it actually failed they would refund it to your acccount.

The money gotta land somewhere. I’d say it is in the POS Guy’s account. Either he is being dubious or his bank got issues. Advise the POS person to go to the bank too.

If he insists, then just forget the cash. And don’t carry out transactions there anymore.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OkayDaddy: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Not a problem.

Tell your bank to provide you with the session code of the transaction. Once given to you, give the receiver to share it with his/her bank.
That way, they can pull the transaction and it will drop in the receiver's account.

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by NaijaCover(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
IS HERE And Following The Thread

7 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by sholamat: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
K
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by SpatialKing(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Both

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ArewaNightmare: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin take heart 😆 Nigeria don happen to u

I once had similar case when I normally noticed unnecessary withdrawal and shortage of my money without me getting alerts bcuz u normal delete alert without reading until one night I made transfer to my brother and I noticed again that almost 2k gone 🙆

I had to send email to my bank ASAP and next day they told me eeeh it was for ATM 🤣

I had to visit their branch to get the NEW ATM, they still charged me 1100 😜I had to finish them with emails until they were honest to refund me all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by morikee: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tell am to print or show you his statement of account.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by NapoleonHill: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Ekejoestar(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
If I were you, I'll ask the pos guy to prove his innocence by printing out his account statement from the day of the failed transaction to when you showed him your banks notice of debit

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by soloehis(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Naija

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Freeko4: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
The Pos operator should make available is account statement, only then can you know if truly he received the money or not

17 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by clearcrystal: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
So pe o ti lor grin
E don go
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by allen113: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
@Op your bank is a stone stroll from your house but you decided to patronise pos agents 🤔

The pos guy should go to his own bank and confirm too. Issues like this is why I avoid anything pos, unless is the last option available.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Bluezy13(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
L
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Boogyman557: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Holly Gram cool That POS guy 1 shine DISCO LITE for ur matters..

If u get KALA, carry ur KALA JAZZ in the POS guy shop..

Point am the KALA for BLOKOS, em go confess..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by AmazingELixir: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by fawaz050(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ask the guy for the statement of account of his POS terminal. from the transaction date till date.

If it's not on has bank statement, then ask him to make complaint to his bank and get a Ticket ID for his complaint.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by phemmyfour: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
The pos guy is lying . If bank tell you that it's successful, then it's successful cos computer no dey lie

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by domack99(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Did you get a print out receipt from the POS that shows declined?

4 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Candidlady: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Because of 2100 undecided

Na WA o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by blaquemyc: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by NapoleonHill: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Why are you covering the response code? If I see the response code, I can tell you who to hold response. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by GeneralPulal: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
One of the reasons I don’t use Atm card, especially on Pos..

This your issue is going to be from the Pos & not bank..

Ever since I got to know the software inside Pos can be tampered with for fraud, I stopped trusting it..

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Bacteria8: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
The Bank have a lot to answer.

I mean the girl at the bank said she has entered the complain and that you should wait 7 days... If it was successful she would have seen it immediately instead of entering the complaint. And would have directed you back to the POS.

Except ofcos the bank girl is just plainly incompetent!!!

6 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by gift01: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Otilor
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Ademola47(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
I think the problem is with the POS guy. Tell him to show you the transaction history on the particular POS machine he used for the transaction. Check the date and time if you'll see the transaction as "successful".

If not, my guy, e be like say your money don hang o
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by LexMcquinn: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
You should hold the POS guy,the money would have been successful else your bank won't tell you otherwise
Promicah:

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by chris4gold(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
Okay na
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Bishop1monte(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
I am a POS agent, I want you to know the money was successful on that day. There are instances whereby POS shows declined and when you check in app on phone you realise it's successful. Tell the POS agent to show you details of his transaction on that fateful day

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Cutezt(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
OP just forget that money, the same thing happened to me with Wema bank about 2 months ago. I went to the fuel station to get fuel and used my card to pay, it was declined but i was debited 4200, i was given the POS slip with declined boldly written on it, just in case i need it, so we tried another POS and this one went through. I sent a mail to Wema customer care about it and they replied after a whooping 27 days saying the transaction was successful. Thank God i had the transaction slip showing declined, so i snapped and mailed it back to them, it took another 3 weeks for them to reply, saying the transaction was successful and i should go back to the fuel station and ask for the money. Something that was almost clocking 2 months already, they wont even remember me, moreover, it was not even close to my house, it was just a roadside station far from me. I mailed them back saying i want a chargeback and they were telling me there was nothing they could do. These banks are thieves now. As for that wema bank, since that day, they have not seen my 1 naira in their bank again.

This country is useless, i thought all failed debit was supposed to be settled with our banks? so what exactly is our business with POS agents? These people are being dubiouse. So if i am traveling to Enugu and all this happened while on transit, does that mean i should travel back to the state to ask for my money?

7 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
At this point it is only the declined print out slip from the POS agent that will save you

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Become An Agent For Baba Ijebu, Nairabet, Mendibet Etc / The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.