Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes (6463 Views)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / Native Doctors Storm Imo Govt House For Cleansing Over Alleged Coffin / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 2:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
solaugo:

My brother love knows no tribe as a matter of fact we met during youth service while serving in the camp choir of NCCF,

Do you by any chance work at the NRCRI?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
Pukkah:
This does not make it right.

Of course it does not. But we know the underlying reason is based on indigeneship.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Are these the same people we are supposed to live together in a southern Nigeria ? Where is the unity among ibos themselves talkless of unity with other tribes ?
Yorubas,y'all should better ronu before you form any alliance with the real enemy !

Do these names mean anything to you? Oyo, Osun, Lautech university?? If so, what does it mean?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

Pukkah:Of course it does not. But we know the underlying reason is based on indigeneship.
But if this had happened in lagos,you would have been making noise up and down ! For crying out loud,ibos are supposed to be united across state boundaries,why not emulate the yorubas for once ?

1 Like

Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

Do these names mean anything to you? Oyo, Osun, Lautech university?? If so, what does it mean?
Lautech issue is about who controls the school and not a discriminatory one as this.Do you think Aregbesola would have served as a commissioner in lagos if yorubas are discriminatory as ibos ?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Lautech issue is about who controls the school and not a discriminatory one as this.Do you think Aregbesola would have served as a commissioner in lagos if yorubas are discriminatory as ibos ?

But those people (including a Yoruba, as we read in the paper) sent out of Abia have been working in Abia for ages unmolested. So is it Igbo discriminating now or the Gov of Abia discriminating for hi sown selfish reason? Can you be clear in your head for once?

Kanu Nwankwo and one other girl in Imo cabinet are Abians? Your tribalism will always blinden you to any good reasoning.

As for Lautech, it was not only about who controls, it was also about who is employed. Stop living in denial, for once.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

But those people (including a Yoruba, as we read in the paper) sent out of Abia have been working in Abia for ages unmolested. So is it Igbo discriminating now or the Gov of Abia discriminating for hi sown selfish reason? Can you be clear in your head for once?

Kanu Nwankwo and one other girl in Imo cabinet are Abians? Your tribalism will always blinden you to any good reasoning.

As for Lautech, it was not only about who controls, it was also about who is employed. Stop living in denial, for once.
Stop finding excuses to cover up the biggest disunity among ibos.You don't like yourself if not anambra ibos wont be attacking imo ibos even here on nl.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by mekaboy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
[b]   I THINK NIGERIANS TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED, THIS GOVERNOR HAS VIOLATED HUMAN RIGHTS, AND WHAT HE HAS DONE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

DOES NIGERIAN LABOUR CONGRESS LOOK INTO SUCH ISSUES FOR THE WELFAIR OF NIGERIAN WORKERS?

WHY HAVENT THESE PEOPLE SUED THE GOVERNOR FOR SUCH DECISIONS?

THEY SHOULD MOBILIZE WORKERS FROM OTHER STATES TO ABUJA, FOR A PEACEFUL PROTEST. SO THAT GEJ WILL LOOK INTO THE SITUATION.

NIGERIA IS ONE COUNTRY AND EVERYONE HAS EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITY , NOBODY OWNS NIGERIA, WE WERE BORN INTO THE LAND AND WE WILL ALL DIE AND LEAVE IT. NOBODY WILL TAKE ANYTHING AWAY.

THIS ISSUE HAS TO BE RAISED.

I THINK NL MEMBERS SHOULD STAND UP AGAINST THIS INJUSTICE FOR ONCE. I AM SURE THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD BY THE PRESIDENT. LET US TAKE THIS CASE UP AND SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO. NL IS NOT ALL ABOUT FIGHTING TRIBAL WARS, ITS TIME TO ACT,

NL RISE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP AND SAY NO TO THIS INJUSTICE , WE ARE GREATER THAN ANY GOVERNOR OR GOVT IF WE UNITE WE CAN TAKE BECOME A FORCE TO BE RESPECTED IN THIS NATION  cry cry

[/b]
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thief T. A Orji of a man did not think through this decision. It is very unpopular thing to do. This move will be very sadistic. Our country is fast trying to grow out of this kind of primordial cleavages and supine consideration. Sadly, this rogue called T.A who came to power with the help of election rigging by the military headed and championed by Chief of Army Staff Ihejirika, is trying to draw back the hands of the clock. It is a decision capable of polarizing the country. The decision is very ill- conceived.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
mekaboy:

I THINK NIGERIANS TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED, THIS GOVERNOR HAS VIOLATED HUMAN RIGHTS, AND WHAT HE HAS DONE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

DOES NIGERIAN LABOUR CONGRESS LOOK INTO SUCH ISSUES FOR THE WELFAIR OF NIGERIAN WORKERS?

WHY HAVENT THESE PEOPLE SUED THE GOVERNOR FOR SUCH DECISIONS?

THEY SHOULD MOBILIZE WORKERS FROM OTHER STATES TO ABUJA, FOR A PEACEFUL PROTEST. SO THAT GEJ WILL LOOK INTO THE SITUATION.

NIGERIA IS ONE COUNTRY AND EVERYONE HAS EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITY , NOBODY OWNS NIGERIA, WE WERE BORN INTO THE LAND AND WE WILL ALL DIE AND LEAVE IT. NOBODY WILL TAKE ANYTHING AWAY.

THIS ISSUE HAS TO BE RAISED.

I THINK NL MEMBERS SHOULD STAND UP AGAINST THIS INJUSTICE FOR ONCE. I AM SURE THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD BY THE PRESIDENT. LET US TAKE THIS CASE UP AND SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO. NL IS NOT ALL ABOUT FIGHTING TRIBAL WARS, ITS TIME TO ACT,

NL RISE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP AND SAY NO TO THIS INJUSTICE , WE ARE GREATER THAN ANY GOVERNOR OR GOVT IF WE UNITE WE CAN TAKE BECOME A FORCE TO BE RESPECTED IN THIS NATION  cry cry

How can this possbible with the kind of shiite SOUTH EAST is spilling on this thread ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by solaugo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
solaugo:

My brother love knows no tribe as a matter of fact we met during youth service while serving in the camp choir of NCCF,
No my brother, hope no problem,
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by mekaboy(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
ROCHAS IS WRONG TO MAKE THIS AN IGBO THING. DOES HE MEAN HE IS ONLY WORRIED ABOUT THE IGBOS WHO OR IMO PEOPLE THAT WERE SACKED? ITS SHOULD BE A NIGERIAN THING.

THIS SHOULD BE ABIA STATE VS NIGERIA. NO GOVERNOR HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY CITIZEN IN ANY STATE .
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2011
mekaboy:

ROCHAS IS WRONG TO MAKE THIS AN IGBO THING. DOES HE MEAN HE IS ONLY WORRIED ABOUT THE IGBOS WHO OR IMO PEOPLE THAT WERE SACKED? ITS SHOULD BE A NIGERIAN THING.

THIS SHOULD BE ABIA STATE VS NIGERIA. NO GOVERNOR HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY CITIZEN IN ANY STATE .

+10
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Gbenge77(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2011
Lol@topic.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by udezue(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2011
Bluetooth, shut ur dirty bigoted assss up foool. Osun state got its own issues so why should be trust ur own unity? U really need to shut up. Orji Kalu is the issue not Abians.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by dcitizen: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
i personally did not support what the governor of Abia state is doing but practically all the governors are guilty of this situation. it is only national strategy that can be used to solve this problem by removing indigeneship because there is nothing that an average Nigerian can do. awolowo stated it when he was the premier of the western region by introducing indigeneship which allows all the industries in the southwest region to by control solely by the yorubas and every other region followed suit. how many of the state governor today can boast of  non indigenes in their civil servant? we should stop living in denial as indigeneship is very important if you are giving admission into higher institutions and getting a government job. until indigeneship is removed from the constitution, there is nothing that an ordinary Nigerian can do
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
udezue:

Bluetooth, shut your dirty bigoted assss up foool. Osun state got its own issues so why should be trust your own unity? U really need to shut up[b]. Orji Kalu is the issue not Abians.
[/b]
Orji is the administrator of the state,so we should blame him same we will blame jonathan for the failure of Nigeria !
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by zeal500: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
TA Orji is dt d name of a T-Shirt?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by MMM2(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
abia govt just dey f u c k up
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Jimbaz7(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2011
For the past 5 years I've been feeling very much ashameD to call myself an Abian because of what people back home have as government. On his campeign aDvert he saiD "Let's Do It Again" anD I wonDereD how a man that blameD his inability to Do the work a governor is supposeD to Do for 4 years on his claimeD bonDage to his enstrangeD GoD father, Orji Uzor Kalu coulD come anD say "Let's Do It Again" anD people will pay attention to him. Each time I travel home, it feels like running away from there as a result of lack of gooD government. It's really terrible! Abia happens to be the first in Nigeria, at least alphabetically but it is the firsrt among the worst governeD
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
dcitizen:

i personally did not support what the governor of Abia state is doing but practically all the governors are guilty of this situation. it is only national strategy that can be used to solve this problem by removing indigeneship because there is nothing that an average Nigerian can do. awolowo stated it when he was the premier of the western region by introducing indigeneship which allows all the industries in the southwest region to by control solely by the yorubas and every other region followed suit. how many of the state governor today can boast of  non indigenes in their civil servant? we should stop living in denial as indigeneship is very important if you are giving admission into higher institutions and getting a government job. until indigeneship is removed from the constitution, there is nothing that an ordinary Nigerian can do

Awolowo even started WWII

how silly can you people be, really do you people have brains at all ? or u all just senseless

when did Awolowo die ? and what is today's date ?

So your parents did not tell you that during Awolowo's time, it was regional government and as such each region would allowed to control it's own affair as in now where we use the state system and people are more mixed.

So Awolowo started it in 1960 and Orji finished it in 2011. Silly isn't it.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Jimbaz7(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
I think Rochas shoulD be commenDeD for coming out to say the truth rather than playing along with such bigotry
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Obiagu1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
mekaboy:

Rochas was right to make it an Igbo thing. If Orji thinks he is Igbo, he should know the implication. No governor of Igbo origin has done this kind of thing.

Someone has to sue the governor for violating our constitution.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by andyanders: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
Theodor  Orji is sick. I am from Abia and condemn his act. I think he is not normal. Is that the way to govern? While in the US, many Nigerians are Mayor in many cities in America. He is sick and should get out from that seat.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Jimbaz7(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2011
andyanders:

Theodor  Orji is sick. I am from Abia and condemn his act. I think he is not normal. Is that the way to govern? While in the US, many Nigerians are Mayor in many cities in America. He is sick and should get out from that seat.
Even here in Lagos, the state gives a commissioner slot the Igbos anD Down there, we're hearing such a thing. It's terrible!
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop finding excuses to cover up the biggest disunity among ibos.You don't like yourself if not anambra ibos wont be attacking imo ibos even here on nl.

No one is covering up anything. At first Orji claimed that the sack was necessary because more than 50% of Abia State's workforce were non-Abians. I for one thought that should not have been the case since by our constitution each state caters to its people first based on the USELESS indigenization policy. But when I discovered that Orji was lying and that no more than 5-10% of the Abian workforce were non-Abians, I condemned him vociferously here on NL. For you, a known Yoruba supremacist, to turn this into Igbo-hate Igbo thingy, and to claim that Yorubas love themselves like insect and nectar, you will first have to explain the following:

1. The case of Awo and Akintola and their supporters
2. The case of Oyo versus Osun and Lautech university
3. The case of Fasola deporting fellow Yorubas to their states
4. The myriad of political killings in Yorubaland by Yorubas, the type of which does not exist anywhere else in Nigeria
5. The cash-induced betrayal of Abiola by fellow Yorubas, including his family members
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by johndavid1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
na waooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by seanet02: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
Massob Harams
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ChinenyeN(m): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
The fact of the matter is that the indigene/settler dichotomy is a real phenomenon and there's nothing anyone here can do about. That dichotomy even supersedes the "Nigerian Constitution". It's a simple fact that we all know, and no amount of frowned faces can change that.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
ChinenyeN:

The fact of the matter is that the indigene/settler dichotomy is a real phenomenon and there's nothing anyone here can do about. That dichotomy even supersedes the "Nigerian Constitution". It's a simple fact that we all know, and no amount of frowned faces can change that.  

That has been my point here and on the other thread where we discussed this matter extensively. For this, Orji is morally wrong, but constitutionally not wrong, I think, based on the indigenization policy. That policy needs to be abolished now.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ChinenyeN(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

That policy needs to be abolished now.
Well, I can only say 'good luck', because the 'indigene' is at the very center of our society, and I can't think of a way you could successfully pull that off.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Well, I can only say 'good luck', because the 'indigene' is at the very center of our society. I can't think of a way you could successfully pull that off.

I know. Tough luck. Hahahahah!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen, Security Operatives Clash In Yobe / FG Reopens 3rd Mainland Bridge Today / BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.