Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? (22817 Views)

I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. / After Eviction By Brother-In-Law, Imo Court Returns Widow To Husband's House / From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by chima47(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
I wanted to say something when l read the headline, but when l read that the late husband died on top of his side chick in a hotel, l forgot what l wanted to say.

1 Like

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by sisisioge: 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:
Is 6months enough or too early for a widow to start dating? Her late husband died in a hotel on top of his sidechick.

6months is too long given the circumstances surrounding his death. 6 days is more like it.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Biletaste(m): 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
Candidlady:
He died ontop of his side chick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Six month is too much

I'd get another man the next day or that very day sef

Rubbish
I can see that you love sex
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Banhammy717: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
A widow can start dating after 4 months ,10 days
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by larrypourl(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
Desusi:

Why not? Where there's serious love, husband can wait till five years before engaging with another woman. Iam speaking from experience. It took me 5yrs before l remarried after the demise of my wife.For the first one year, l was in delirium and nightmare whether it was true or not.Sometimes when l saw someone that resemble her,l ran after her. At a point, l started seeing her in my dreams and sometimes sleeping by my side.After much persuasions from friends and relatives l decided to remarry.

I'm currently in such situation. It's such an horrible experience I don't even wish on my enemies. I lost her May 6th in auto crash and it's not been easy. Nothing in life matters again at the moment. I don't see myself remarrying in 2years except God gives me a replica of her in looks, character and actions. I've lost interest in life, just masking depression with smiles. I cry almost everyday when I find myself doing things we do together all alone now. I can't even stay in our apartment, her print is allover the house, is it her side of the bed, her favorite spot in the living room, how we eat on the dining from the same plate, how she prepared our meal while I sit or assist in the kitchen cos she always wanted me around, the guest room is filled with her cloths, bed and wardrobe, I can't stand seeing those things. We had plans, all shattered now. Life is vague.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by lascos912(m): 12:01am On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:

Six month is too much

Rubbish
ooolllllloooosssshhhhooooo
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Desusi: 1:45am On Jun 27, 2023
larrypourl:

I'm currently in such situation. It's such an horrible experience I don't even wish on my enemies. I lost her May 6th in auto crash and it's not been easy. Nothing in life matters again at the moment. I don't see myself remarrying in 2years except God gives me a replica of her in looks, character and actions. I've lost interest in life, just masking depression with smiles. I cry almost everyday when I find myself doing things we do together all alone now. I can't even stay in our apartment, her print is allover the house, is it her side of the bed, her favorite spot in the living room, how we eat on the dining from the same plate, how she prepared our meal while I sit or assist in the kitchen cos she always wanted me around, the guest room is filled with her cloths, bed and wardrobe, I can't stand seeing those things. We had plans, all shattered now. Life is vague.
Take it easy my dear,hmmm,"he who Wears crown, they say, feels it " or rather "uneasy lies on the head that Wear crown " It's such a horrific situation.May God Himself console you.l Wonder how this world could be that wicked? Many questions will be agitating your mind over the incident,nonetheless, you have got to cheer up and be man.The one funniest things is, even if you remarry, it cannot be like the first that started life's journey with you.My brother, if you're a Christian, take your hold, on the lord and the scripture for comfort. The Bible says," man that is born of woman is of few days, and full of troubles ".....,......Job 14:1-3.read further. For the first few days, l could not stand to walk until a woman who had a similar experience paid me a visit and told me " why are you behaving like a woman? Stand up joor.!Come out, don't stay alone or ponder on it otherwise you would do yourself further harms" l was almost burnt down our house why cooking and lost in thoughts.The Lord who comforted me will visit you too.What else can l tell you my brother, be courageous. There are some people with extreme cases who would not be comforted. Like a friend whose wife died suddenly, for more than 18 years, after her death, he left her wardrobe as it was,her shoes in her place and all her undies wherever she placed them before her death.That's foolishness and unbelieving! May God help you my friend, take good care of the children she left behind and prepare to meet her in heavens, if she was a believer before her death. Bye for now.Be free to ask questions.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2023
Islam is life...
After 40 days of morning she can move on...
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by finallybusy: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Another useless sex-themed thread.

Why am I still here? Honestly, I should find another discussion board. This one died long ago. Na only trolls full here.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Hotguy27: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:

Six month is too much

Rubbish

If you can get another man the same day or the next, it means you have also been flirting or have been having intention of switching to the oldest profession.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by dalass(f): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2023
Tosin67:

Thank you said "if na you" to mean u already know that you don't have any iota of sense in ur head unlike other people.

Says a simping SIMP! and wimp! undecided
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Incrediblekutty(m): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bvlgari:
Is 6months enough or too early for a widow to start dating? Her late husband died in a hotel on top of his sidechick.

If that is the case, she can re marry the following month
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by larrypourl(m): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Desusi:

Take it easy my dear,hmmm,"he who Wears crown, they say, feels it " or rather "uneasy lies on the head that Wear crown " It's such a horrific situation.May God Himself console you.l Wonder how this world could be that wicked? Many questions will be agitating your mind over the incident,nonetheless, you have got to cheer up and be man.The one funniest things is, even if you remarry, it cannot be like the first that started life's journey with you.My brother, if you're a Christian, take your hold, on the lord and the scripture for comfort. The Bible says," man that is born of woman is of few days, and full of troubles ".....,......Job 14:1-3.read further. For the first few days, l could not stand to walk until a woman who had a similar experience paid me a visit and told me " why are you behaving like a woman? Stand up joor.!Come out, don't stay alone or ponder on it otherwise you would do yourself further harms" l was almost burnt down our house why cooking and lost in thoughts.The Lord who comforted me will visit you too.What else can l tell you my brother, be courageous. There are some people with extreme cases who would not be comforted. Like a friend whose wife died suddenly, for more than 18 years, after her death, he left her wardrobe as it was,her shoes in her place and all her undies wherever she placed them before her death.That's foolishness and unbelieving! May God help you my friend, take good care of the children she left behind and prepare to meet her in heavens, if she was a believer before her death. Bye for now.Be free to ask questions.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. No child yet. I just pray for speedy healing process.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by PraiseHim4ever: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:

Six month is too much

Rubbish

We know ur type
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Puss360(f): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2023
talented321:
Does it mean you don't believe your man.
Lol
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Desusi: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
larrypourl:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. No child yet. I just pray for speedy healing process.
Seriously, its tragic indeed. Yeah no child? That means the marriage wasn't long? Cheer up brother. You will surely be healed in no distance time. Endeavour to calm down while seeking for a replacement oo.That's another battle entirely.!

1 Like

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by TheCongo2: 1:50am On Jun 30, 2023
Kobicove:
Once a spouse dies the marriage contract automatically terminates undecided

Best answer of all
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Bigplatoon: 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
bukatyne:

What is the timeline stipulated by Islam?

As for the woman, her waiting period is decisively established in the Qur’an. Allah Most High says, “Divorced women must wait for three monthly periods before remarrying” [Quran chapter 2 verse 228]. And “If any of you die and leave widows, the widows should wait for four months and ten nights before remarrying.” [Quran chapter 2 verse 234]

The explanations given above by God in his holy book are for divorced women and the widow respectively.

God's guidance is the real guidance. I hope your question has been answered.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Bigplatoon:

As for the woman, her waiting period is decisively established in the Qur’an. Allah Most High says, “Divorced women must wait for three monthly periods before remarrying” [Quran chapter 2 verse 228]. And “If any of you die and leave widows, the widows should wait for four months and ten nights before remarrying.” [Quran chapter 2 verse 234]

The explanations given above by God in his holy book are for divorced women and the widow respectively.

God's guidance is the real guidance. I hope your question has been answered.

My questions have been answered, thank you.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Bigplatoon: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2023
bukatyne:

My questions have been answered, thank you.

You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Always Chatting And Calling Single Female Colleague / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.