Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? (22787 Views)

I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. / After Eviction By Brother-In-Law, Imo Court Returns Widow To Husband's House / From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:
Is 6months enough or too early for a widow to start dating? Her late husband died in a hotel on top of his sidechick.

Immediately after death, a spouse is immediately free from the law of the fellow spouse and can marry. However, out of love and respect for others, culture, perception, religion, family etc, the spouse can give some time. Six months is good enough, not too early. The spouse's place of work probably replaced him the next week/day depending. His family also counted him as dead and one who they can make gain from 100% the same day he died.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by ikeno(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
This life no balance at all oo, even though he died doing his manly duty with someone else he's still your husband and you need to mourn him. A year is appropriate before you move on
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Desusi: 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ashley86400:
Let’s hear it?
Do men wait 1 year to sleep with another woman after their wife dies?
Pls enlighten us.
Why not? Where there's serious love, husband can wait till five years before engaging with another woman. Iam speaking from experience. It took me 5yrs before l remarried after the demise of my wife.For the first one year, l was in delirium and nightmare whether it was true or not.Sometimes when l saw someone that resemble her,l ran after her. At a point, l started seeing her in my dreams and sometimes sleeping by my side.After much persuasions from friends and relatives l decided to remarry.

1 Like

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by correctyourself(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Candidlady:
He died ontop of his side chick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Six month is too much

I'd get another man the next day or that very day sef

Rubbish

You means men has become that cheap to jump on? try and see if the man wouldn't also dump you asap once he get to know why you jump at him so early.

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Bigplatoon: 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
magzey:
Islam has provide everything concerning aspect of our lives in the Holy Quran.

Yes, truth... God has saved the Muslims the stress of conflicting opinions by humans.
Islam is Beautiful
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by talented321: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
What if she is not emotional to her late husband?
Puss360:
Depends on how close she is to her late husband emotionally....
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bigplatoon:

Yes, truth... God has saved the Muslims the stress of conflicting opinions by humans.
Islam is Beautiful

What is the timeline stipulated by Islam?
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by duro4chang(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
ManWater:
If you rush to start dating in this case, you may be sending the wrong signal that your insensitivity drove the man to keep sidechicks.
Whatever the case, 1yr minimum is OK.
Who knows the source of the death?
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Abemy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Once a partner is dead, death has sepereted them as rightly pronounced during the wedding, so, any amount of time you feel like waiting is immaterial.

Death has already done the both apart.

Biblically for men, God said it is not good for him to be alone, so there is no time frame, but for a lady, any time you can endure to be alone is okay, one week, six months, one year, etc.

Remember, "only death can do is part "
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by coputa(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
bukatyne:

If a widow decides to not to remarry because of the relationship she enjoyed with her husband while alive, she couldn't find a suitor worthy enough to continue the marital journey with, she is not interested on another marriage because the previous one scarred her or she wants to train her kids, she is free.

However, the marriage covenant ends upon death of a spouse. There is no special reward for spouses who decide not to remarry.
Granted,but there are numerous rewards for spouses who decides not to remarry after the death of their partner.

1.concentrating on the well being future of the children.
2.not bringing a third party into your home, which may distract you and your children
3.Avoiding another demanding relationship that can cause distractions
They are numerous.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by TruthinAction: 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:
Is 6months enough or too early for a widow to start dating? Her late husband died in a hotel on top of his sidechick.

No, stay six years.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Auxtin85(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Candidlady:
He died ontop of his side chick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Six month is too much

I'd get another man the next day or that very day sef

Rubbish

I have realised that what you need is someone to show you love, you lack it and you are too bitter
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by jayAjoku(m): 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
she should go ahead and start dating
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Versal: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
Leave the dead to the dead.

Mourning for longer time does not
suggest love to the diseased.
All are hypocritical.

Live your life and know that death has severed all
relationships!
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Whocup(f): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
It's not too early. If you find the right one.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Divinefay: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
If you said dating and not outright marriage like the woman had it all under wraps...
For me 6. months is fine
If it were the opposite gender no one will care

Affordable Land available with installment up to 12 months max.
Whatsapp only zero seven zero three seven eight four eight three eight two

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Judolisco(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:

she's suppose start immediately sef..
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Sijo01(f): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
I wanted to type 'watin dey pursue you' till I read and saw 'her late husband died in a hotel on top of his sidechick' 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by nosa2ekundayo: 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
dalass:

Which closeness is dat? The late idiot died on top a side chicken grin inside hotel o. Haba!

If na me, the dating starts immediately cool

Who mourns a fool

A "fool".....no no no
1. He is dead, learn to forgive the dead.

2. It is only the man caught in the act that is a thief, oga u be Saint?

3. The preliminary stories were not made available to us and as such we needed to hear of his sex life with his wife before we start talking..

4. Do you know most married women forget sex with their partner, no matter how much he tries...it is the last thing in their mind.

5. U want make the son of man dey dream pussy Abi?...

My brother calm down!
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by tagborume: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
Within a week? Una done dey Bleep before
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by maticar: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
brain54:
Too early…

1 year is okay.

“He died on top his side chick”? I am tempted to say go ahead even at 2 months.

But I have always maintained that once death is involved in any situation we should always forgive and let go.

Forgive the dead… stick to the 1 year.

No grudge should go beyond the grave!

In any case you/she can date privately only letting the relationship become official/public after a year.

I believe in respect for the dead!
you fell for the manipulation

the OP said husband died on top of side piece to sway your judgement and get support and you fell for it
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by brain54(m): 2:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
maticar:

you fell for the manipulation

the OP said husband died on top of side piece to sway your judgement and get support and you fell for it
Support for what exactly…?
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by dalass(f): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kobicove:

Why you dey vex like this?

I no vex .... The question is certainly annoying
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Kodak9(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
ahnie:
I knew someone that mourned her husband fir one week
Lol 😂 are you serious,she no wait seff

1 Like

Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by isabi2lof: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ontop side chick , 2 days is a enough undecided
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by osomegbe(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
I thought they said till death do us part.

Anyways, your closeness with the ex will determine when to start. But, I must advice you from experience, get at least 80% healing first before starting a relationship. If you still miss your ex by crying daily or once a week, please stay away from relationship else you will just be punishing another's person child in the name of finding healing.
Don't trying falling in love again because you want to heal. Heal first before falling in love
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Padipadi(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:

She can start daring after 41 days.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Puss360(f): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
talented321:
What if she is not emotional to her late husband?
Actually, life goes on immediately after the death of one's spouse....
But in this case, if she isn't emotionally close, then she can move on, after all the said husband was a cheat
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by ahnie: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kodak9:
Lol 😂 are you serious,she no wait seff
Very yeye humaniod,twas Asif she was waiting for the man to kaput.

She said....it's modern mourning
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by IamMobisola(f): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:

Lol, for someone whose husband died without honor. One month is more than enough for her to start dating.
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by countryman13: 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bvlgari:

Whether home or away, women are unpredictable when it comes to knacking. May God help d men, amen
Re: Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? by Lordwesley: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
She's just sex starved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Always Chatting And Calling Single Female Colleague / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.