Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,968 members, 7,835,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu (30347 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu / Reno Omokri: Buhari Put Corrupt Ganduje In Charge Of Edo Campaign Money / Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Oakenshield: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Obasanjo removed subsidy on kerosene what is this liar saying
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Una go explain tire
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by onuman: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
Garba Shehu the quasi ex president of Nigeria 🇳🇬 still on the beat.
Little wonder they say Buhari cabal is still in charge of Nigeria; Tinubu is a figure head president he was selected to be by the Buhari cabal.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by nairalanda1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Treadway:
And did the savings from the removal of the listed subsidies lead to any noticeable developments in healthcare, education, infrastructure?? Oya Nairalanda1 come here come show us wetin dem use all these ones wey dem remove do, so we can see how this one will be different. Cos if we go by logic and you removed up to ten diff subsidies yet savings didn't accrue to transform Naija, how will removing this particular one be any different? Valid question eh.

LOL....sorry, but subsidy had to go. Whether we liked it or not.

There's the answer to your question.

Modified

The problem with you guys is that y'all think I am defending the government, when I am not. I am just pointing out that price fixing does not lead to prosperity, it leads to problems , corruption and mass losses.

Plus, the main problem with Nigeria is that we are not earning enough money. We produce the same amount of oil as Qatar, but we have 100 times the population, so naturally problems result.

If we want more money, short term, we have to raise our tax to gdp ratio...long term , we have to become a manufacturing economy.

But you guys who 'want the poor to breathe' no hear. Years of trying to make the poor breathe have wrecked our economy.

Anyway, subsidy is gone, and as we all know, we can't have our horses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by onuman: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
ATEAMS:
Oga just Rest Na...

How can Garba Shehu go to rest while his Buhari cabal is still in charge of governance in Nigeria; with old and ocassionally insentient Tinubu as figure head president?
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by WilsonBright935: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
darling4242:
We need to understand something,puting the subsidy and removing are all on purpose for their personal interest.

This is called,Doing the wrong thing with the wrong people and at the wrong time

Wrongocracy wink wink
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
WilsonBright935:

Wrongocracy wink wink

😅
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Menclothing: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by paramakina202: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
nedu666:
What of insecurity subsidy, corruption subsidy, poverty subsidy, inflation subsidy. Did u remove it?

Abeg ask him again grin
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by bayelsaowei(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
nedu666:
What of insecurity subsidy, corruption subsidy, poverty subsidy, inflation subsidy. Did u remove it?
grin grin
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Rilwayne001: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
This clown should stop mentioning Buhari to our hears.

After all the idiot has moved to niger republic after his disastrous regime.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Titogbanski: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
One thing he succeeded at is making the profiteering margin for FOREX for high and lucrative for his men through unknown and unhealthy policies. Thankfully BAT has not wasted time in removing dome of those harmful policies
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Hurlamideh: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mekanus:
Why is seun using ads to kill this site? This pop up ad is so annoying.
Na hunger!!😅😅 E go touch everybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by seguno2: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
helinues:
Medicine after death

More like propaganda after lies.

Subsidy removal: Tinubu backs Buhari, Falana condemns price hike

13th May 2016

A former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described the decision of the President Buhari-led Federal Government to remove petrol subsidy as courageous.

The government, through the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on Wednesday, *announced the removal of the subsidy on petrol,* pegging the upper limit at N145 per litre from N86.50k.

In a statement in Lagos on Thursday, Tinubu said though the decision was a difficult one, it would ultimately become beneficial to the generality of the people instead of enriching the pockets of a few Nigerians, who enjoyed the fraud of the subsidy regime.

https://punchng.com/subsidy-removal-tinubu-backs-buhari-falana-condemns-price-hike/?amp

Osinbajo: We’ve saved N1.4trn by not paying fuel subsidy

AUGUST 25, 2016

Vice President Yemi Osinbanjo says the federal government has saved N1.4 trillion for not paying oil subsidy.

Speaking in Kano on Thursday during the third day of the 15th Joint Planning Board and National Council on development meeting, Osinbajo urged Nigerians not to lose faith in Buhari’s administration, saying the president would fix the economy.

“*With the deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector*, there has been a significant increase in the availability of petrol throughout the country for the savings of N1.4 trillion on subsidy payments alone,” Osinbajo said.

https://www.thecable.ng/osinbajo-weve-saved-n1-4trillion-by-not-paying-fuel-subsidy/amp
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Procashtips(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
If he had removed this officially, APC woukd have lost the election!
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Kaymansion(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Who asked you
Mallam move on
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Moikiitos: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by GloriousGbola: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/why-buhari-put-petrol-subsidy-forex-unification-on-hold-garba-shehu/

APC had to win the poll so you gave us nairapocalyspe and petropocalypse back to back. Fuvk you and your lying Bullshit.

Pbat won not because of you, but in spite of you.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Donpenny(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
May that name Buhari keep burning in hell
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Reference(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
And what was the benefit(s) of those removals to the economy that continued to tank under your principal's watch. This is the koko. It means removal of subsidies is not the 'be all and end all' to economic woes by itself. It is at best only a key to setting a prisoner free, it does not rehabilitate him or offers him a job to earn an honest living.... and you know what it means to have an ex-con roaming the streets jobless and rejected by society....

There are many other things that should be done together with subsidy removals that has not been done. There are also other things that should have been done in the aftermath to catch the reforms when they are 'hot' which are not being done presently and if nothing is done to complement the reforms we may look for the gains of subsidy removals at the end of this government and find none the same way we are searching for the gains of the Buhari era reforms and are not seeing any.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Ameduedwin: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Story
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by eeetuk(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
"Garba Shehu, a former spokesperson for ex-President Muhammadu Buhari has explained that the former Nigerian leader put petrol subsidy removal and the unification of the country’s foreign exchange rates on hold “for a better time”.

Bola Tinubu indecisive attitude puts Nigeria economic future in danger. It is very concerning. Back when Bola Tinubu emerged APC flag bearer, he could not decide on his running mate for months. Then when he finally decided on his running mate, the result was a disaster in my view. He picked a well-known Islamic terrorist by the name Shettima . Shettima has connection with Many terrorist organizations in Nigeria and beyond. In 2014 when Shettima was the governor of Borno state and over 200 school girls were kidnapped by a terrorist group known as Boko Haram, Shettima was the first to issue a statement acknowledging the whereabouts of missing the kidnapped girls.

So when Bola Tinubu picked Shettima as his running mate, he was well aware of this fact about Shettima background. Next, less than 30 minutes of taking office as the president of Nigeria on May 29 2023 , President Bola Tinubu issued a statement calling for an end to oil subsidy.
Today, just one month of taking office, Bola Tinubu has changed his mind and instead restate oils subsidy program . That kind of economic policy for Nigeria shows evidence of failed leadership. So, I call for Bola Tinubu resignation, ASAP.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by patrickcollins: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
dododawa1:
BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda
Emefiele may even be better than the next Governor of CBN judging from the current exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by patrickcollins: 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Jestin:
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family crews are too weak to type . The hunger is just starting
Guy u wicked oo, I never hear that nonsense again, favour them when price of Garri has doubled, virtually prices of every commodity has gone up
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Treadway: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Modified

The problem with you guys is that y'all think I am defending the government, when I am not. I am just pointing out that price fixing does not lead to prosperity, it leads to problems , corruption and mass losses.

Plus, the main problem with Nigeria is that we are not earning enough money. We produce the same amount of oil as Qatar, but we have 100 times the population, so naturally problems result.

If we want more money, short term, we have to raise our tax to gdp ratio...long term , we have to become a manufacturing economy.

But you guys who 'want the poor to breathe' no hear. Years of trying to make the poor breathe have wrecked our economy.

I am not saying you're defending the govt. On the contrary, I am just showing you basic logic that defeats what you have been harping on for aeons. Subsidy on all these items were removed, how has the savings bettered the lot of Nigerians in anyway? Remove subsidy, me I go everly dey ok, but to paint this picture like the removal is one kin transformatory thing is just a fairytale and hogwash, cos when you are not fiscally responsible with little, you won't magically become fiscally responsible with much. No money, no money, but I still read a thread here of a ordinary HoR member who just appointed 33 additional aides/advisers (key word here is additional, meaning some appointments have been made prior to this one). Stupid, corrupt, wasteful lunatics. No be swear, nothing will change after this subsidy removal and we will all bear witness to it, until we fix culpability where culpability is.

The end!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by nairalanda1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
Treadway:
I am not saying you're defending the govt. On the contrary, I am just showing you basic logic that defeats what you have been harping on for aeons. Subsidy on all these items were removed, how has the savings bettered the lot of Nigerians in anyway? Remove subsidy, me I go everly dey ok, but to paint this picture like the removal is one kin transformatory thing is just a fairytale and hogwash, cos when you are not fiscally reaponsiy with little, you won't magically become fiscally responsible with much. No money, no money, but I still read a thread here of a ordinary HoR member who just appointed 33 additional aides/advisers (key word here is additional, meaning some appointments have been made prior to this one). Stupid, corrupt, wasteful lunatics. No be swear, nothing will change after this subsidy removal and we will all bear witness to it, until we fix culpay where culpability is.

The end!

Even then, we still could not keep the subsidy
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Treadway: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Even then, we still could not keep the subsidy
see what I mean? No long talk about how the wasteful spending and corruption has to go, na just this petrol subsidy. Don't worry, I'm a patient guy. We'll revisit this in a couple of years😎
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by advanceDNA: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
This ones are explaining for buhari
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by Fujiyama: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Modified

^^^
undecided

You are dodging the question.

For months (if not years) you have spent considerable bandwidth on here 'educating' the unlettered on the dangers of subsidies. Someone is asking a very valid question about the use to which the so called subsidy savings were put - and you dodged the question.

At the very least we should be talking of a fall in our budget deficits and/or borrowings with the removal of these subsidies. Did that happen? Where did the money go?

Show him the money!
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by nkwoemeka(m): 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Mr you are now irrelevant, so I will advise you to shut up.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by TemmyT002(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ogbeni, get out. Your time don end. Let's hear word.
We don't want a remembrance of the failed governnance.
Re: Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu by famology(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
Abeg we nor wan dey hear names like Garba shehu and Femi adesina again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wives Of Southern Governors Visit Ambode / Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa / Ex-npdp Spokesperson, Reveals Those Who Allegedly Wanted Buhari Dead In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.