Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu (19396 Views)

Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu / We’re On Standby To Ensure Tinubu Is Sworn In As President – Nigerian Military / Atiku Gaining Momentum, Obi Still On Track, Tinubu Is Sliding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has expressed confidence that his administration is on the path to success despite the country’s challenges, saying Nigeria has no reason to fail the African continent.

Dele Alake, Special Adviser to the President on Special Duties, Communication, and Strategy, said Tinubu disclosed this while receiving visiting Bank of America officials in his office at the State House on Tuesday.

Tinubu stressed that his government was committed to instituting reforms that would engender sustainable growth and development in the country.

We believe we are on the right track so far. We believe we need all the help we can get,” the President said as he asked the bank’s management for support and partnership to advance mutual benefits for Nigeria and the financial institution.

President Tinubu said the governance and development challenges facing the country cannot be addressed without fiscal and institutional reforms.

“Twenty-first-century actions on climate change, finance, and innovation are intertwined.

Having a good platform and believing in innovation will help in undertaking reforms and tackling the issues.

This is the largest economy and democracy in Africa, and if we cannot do it, nobody will do it for us,” he said.

Affirming that no one can do it alone, President Tinubu made a case for the bank and other willing financing institutions to help the country, for instance, by partnering to ensure Nigerian gas competes favourably in the global market as a viable source of alternative revenue.

Within a month of the President’s inauguration, Tinubu announced reforms such as fuel subsidy removal, foreign exchange window unification, and other policies resulting in immediate macroeconomic effects such as price hikes for transportation, goods, and services.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/04/fuel-subsidy-removal-forex-unification-were-on-track-tinubu/

19 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
Mr President, with all due respect you have absolutely done nothing, with all you have done since you resume office as our leader you have been acting worse than the ex president buhari.

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Aggressive taxation does not engender sustainable growth Mr President.

Production does.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by LikeAking: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Track of what?

19 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by LikeAking: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Writingpresiden:
Wicked people must end up in Madonna hospital

When Fr Edeh ever do something right..

I know that hospital will be a taboo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by sobhladi: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2023
Omo let’s see where this road leads us as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Evilspirit666: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2023
Oya,it will favour me and my family and ancestors come out now

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Production does.

he taxes like he bought the Presidency. like obidients usually say. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Adurax: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
He knows nothing!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Production does.

Wish someone can whisper these words in Bola Tinubu's ears.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by greatiyk4u(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
In track to suffering, Penury and habitual misery

Tinubu is not my President

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Guestlander: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Mr President, with all due respect you have absolutely done nothing, with all you have done since you resume office as our leader you have been acting worse than the ex president buhari.

[b]“We cannot afford the kind of
carnage that followed the last
protest. Right-thinking Nigerians
know this. This democracy and
freedom of expression rhetoric is a bone in the neck. The powers that be kuku know that we don’t have a democracy so why pretend and let a few trouble makers ruin the common good?[b]

Since you have better ideas why don't you put them forward here and perhaps it will get to the president.
What a load of nonsense.
Folks will just come here and type some dumb hyperbolic nonsense and think they have said something intelligent.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by helinues: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
Yes oo

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nedu666: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
Yesterday BOA asked u to increase interest rates to 25% to attract fdi. Today they are already in aso rock. Imf go finish this country

17 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Bobloco: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
Let the poor breathe...... don't suffocate them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
Guestlander:

Since you have better ideas why don't you put them forward here and perhaps it will get to the president.
What a load of nonsense.
Folks will just come here and type some dumb hyperbolic nonsense and think they have said something intelligent.

if he knew he has no idea about the presidency then why did he contested,

and for your information i did not say or write any word close to I AM INtELLIGENT in my comment so Bleep off and never jump on mentions kid!
this my last warning.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Guestlander: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
Lutherblaq:

if he knew he has no idea about the presidency then why did he contested,

and for your information i did not say or write any word close to I AM INtELLIGENT in my comment so Bleep off and never jump on mentions kid!
this my last warning.

He is implementing his own ideas which is being applauded by sensible people all over the world. What are your own ideas? Stupid tantrums?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Brendaniel: 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
That was how Buhari and his supporters claimed they were on track till Nigeria started owing 77 trillion, now Tinubu has started his own track record with his supporters as back up...

We are still telling them...

Anyway Nigeria's debt will favour me and my family....

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by WorldRichest: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Lutherblaq:

[b]“We cannot afford the kind of
carnage that followed the last
protest. Right-thinking Nigerians
know this. This democracy and
freedom of expression rhetoric is a bone in the neck. The powers that be kuku know that we don’t have a democracy so why pretend and let a few trouble makers ruin the common good?[b]

Go and die

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
WorldRichest:

Go and die
Amen! Lets see who die first.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by bestman09(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
angry
Yes, you are on track to destroy yourself, not the nation. You hit the ground running, running amok, even with a stolen mandate!

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Obaofaba: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
That's my president talking.

An Accountant who graduated with first class can't be compared to a quota system ex custom boss cum vice president nor can he be compared to a Pandora super star 🌟.

Bola Tinubu is the best to happen to this generation of Nigeria!!!

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Killerbag36: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by accordadoga26(f): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
Of course we are on track.

Only the enemies of Nigeria are not happy with your achievements within this short period

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by tejpot(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bg

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by HateBigots: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
grin... On track to renewed shege: Buhari 2.0

If I talk now, this secret Nairaland APC mods go ban me.

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Femich18(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
Òk then
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by olatade(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
Kudos to Mr President. He wasn't joking when he said he'll hit the ground running.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by illicit(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
Carry on....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Paid N5000 Each For Lagos Walk- PDP / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Anti-corruption Summit In London(photos) / FACT-CHECK: How Accurate Is Osinbajo’s Claim On Nigeria’s Debt Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.