Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,969 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn (12303 Views)

NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months / Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by lexy2014: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Thank God for BAT intervention

Let's put the money into use for betterment of the masses

All the subsisdy that was "removed" from kerosene and diesel, how has it been put to better use?

What is the percentage of each litre of fuel the government paid as subsisdy?

How much percentage did it decrease to after each "removal" of Subsidy?

NNPCL said fuel was gone forever in 2020. Which subsisdy are you now talking about?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by lexy2014: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2023
ManWater:
₦1,820,000,000,000÷5=₦364,000,000,000

OK. So now Subsidy has stopped, let's see what will be done with the ₦364Billion saved every month.

Have you seen the one that was saved from diesel and kerosene? If u no see am, how do you want to see this new one?

Meanwhile, see the same NNPCL saying that fuel subsidy was gone in 2020.

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Lazenby007(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2023
You follow chop finish, you wan come break the plate.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by lexy2014: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Above shows that even as early as 2022, funding for subsidy was not there.

And yet, people are still crying for subsidy

My eyes got opened 11 years ago. I ain't going back to being blind.

If your eyes were opened 11years ago, how come you have never been able to answer my questions?

Which subsisdy was totally removed in 2020 and which one has been removed in 2023?
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by nairalanda1(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

If your eyes were opened 11years ago, how come you have never been able to answer my questions?

Which subsisdy was totally removed in 2020 and which one has been removed in 2023?

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by hisexcellency34: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2023
Mismanagement is what is killing this country. we are even richer than most foreign nations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:
Wetin dey pain me be say even we wey from Rivers State no see cheaper fuel buy

Meanwhile a norther said he was tired of making money from petroleum

And when I complain about APC Buhari & Tinubu I get banned by mods and called Anambra man

If you’re from South South living in Lagos and claiming you’re not Igbo you might be right but the average Yoruba person no know who from Edo PH Calabar oo everybody na Igbo so be on guide
You are very mad for trying to encourage tribalism.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by gaby(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2023
A company that's perpetually in the negative, is that qualified to be called a company?

When has NNPC ever declared a profit?

They've carried forward trillions of debt.

What an institution. What a country.

Thieves...
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2023
Arrears remain?
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by CodeTemplar: 11:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Pauladex:

Prosecution with what evidence?
no evidence yet a sitting president is saying it is fraud ridden.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by DoubraTim: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Adakintroy: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2023
But when Jonathan wan remove am Una kick against. something De worry Una with tribe.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by EdiskyHarry: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2023
The northerners have really destroyed Niger delta
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Josephkabila12: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:

And when I complain about APC Buhari & Tinubu I get banned by mods and called Anambra man

If you’re from South South living in Lagos and claiming you’re not Igbo you might be right but the average Yoruba person no know who from Edo PH Calabar oo everybody na Igbo so be on guide
ibo buffoon from southeast
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2023
Why is it difficult for NNPCL to list all the companies that have been paying the subsidy money to and how much each has benefited so far.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by lizko(m): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2023
For adamawa, mubi is 580 today per liter
Helpfromabove1:
Abeg make una no dey talk this subsidy again

We don they face the issue already so which subsidies payment again abi with 510 per liter that I bought fuel this morning at pinnacle una still pay subsidy
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by danilmo: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Subsidy way Jonathan removed but because of tribalism una nor allow am see light
Even when things were very cheap as at then

Ya all think we are fools

Lets continue to play a politics of tribalism Lets see how Nigeria ends

U mean BAT who joined in protesting against it then was powerful than president GEJ? U mean BAT forced him to continue bsubidy?? BAT a mere civilian ke. I've never seen this level of foolishness. U mean like this a civilian can also force BAT to reverse the removal?? Just tell us GEJ was a pussy ass weakling and shut the Bleep up.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Lovenorth: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2023
Why are you telling us? Is it not our money? Now that you removed the subsidy where is the benefit?
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by MT: 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Subsidy way Jonathan removed but because of tribalism una nor allow am see light
Even when things were very cheap as at then

Ya all think we are fools

Lets continue to play a politics of tribalism Lets see how Nigeria ends

Who says things were cheap then. You were comparing now to then. It doesn't work that way.

If he has removed it then, this would be the same way you would be castigating him.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
ManWater:
₦1,820,000,000,000÷5=₦364,000,000,000

OK. Now Subsidy has stopped, we will still not see any meaningful thing done with the ₦364Billion saved every month.

. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Greattha: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Just imagine this daylight fraud/robbery

No wonder they're tired of making money.

If 9ja law enforcement were competent, that man and his so called friend who's tired of making money should be answering questions in detention...but no. The presidency is pretending to be blind, deaf and dumb.

Yet these criminals walk free, their children are ballin' like rockstars in developed western countries while Nigerians suffer in abject misery and poverty.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Flets: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Above shows that even as early as 2022, funding for subsidy was not there.

And yet, people are still crying for subsidy

My eyes got opened 11 years ago. I ain't going back to being blind.

Oga, subsidy is sustainable if we subsidize our true consumption. The people should not be punished for the failure of the politicians.

Government is about the people and not about the politicians. We claim we have no money for subsidy but they have money for the Unending looting.

There are still a lot of things to be done before total subsidy removal. They should go after the subsidy thieves and close our borders to smuggling products.

They should prosecute and jail defaulters. They should subsidize our true consumption which is about 15million liters a day and not the 66 million liters they claim due to corruption.

They should reduce the cost of governance , their allowances and lots of waste to be cut first. Government is about the people and not about the politicians.

They should fix the power sector and provide enablers for the manufacturing sector

There are lots to be done before total removal of subsidy. Everyday we hear this politician stole 130 billon, another 77 billion….. unending looting.

They should not transfer the inefficiencies of governance to the people. These criminals in power must be held accountable
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by nairalanda1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Flets:

Oga, subsidy is sustainable if we subsidize our true consumption. The people should not be punished for the failure of the politicians.

Government is about the people and not about the politicians. We claim we have no money for subsidy but they have money for the Unending looting.

There are still a lot of things to be done before total subsidy removal. They should go after the subsidy thieves and close our borders to smuggling products.

They should prosecute and jail defaulters. They should subsidize our true consumption which is about 15million liters a day and not the 66 million liters they claim due to corruption.

They should reduce the cost of governance , their allowances and lots of waste to be cut first. Government is about the people and not about the politicians.

They should fix the power sector and provide enablers for the manufacturing sector

There are lots to be done before total removal of subsidy. Everyday we hear this politician stole 130 billon, another 77 billion….. unending looting.

They should not transfer the inefficiencies of governance to the people. These criminals in power must be held accountable

Good, then see your senator, or better still, form a Party that can run on the platform of bringing back subsidy, since you are right.

As for me, I was blind, then my eyes got opened , and I see.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by emmyN(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
How about some explanations for the sharp increase in subsidy payment between January and February, a time when earnest preparations were being made for the 2023 elections. This should be a pointer to where all that subsidy payments is going to. Corrupt government officials enriching themselves and no one is being made to account for it. Instead of plugging all loopholes in their system they passed it off to poor Nigerians to pay for it.
Re: Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn by Gubioma: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:

Dan Borno....(Kanuri Boy)
If it as an Igbo in that position you won't complaint.
Bcus the NNPc boss is a northerner and a kanuri man that's way you open ur toilet mouth waaaaa to write rubbish

Shikenan nagode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Raises Concern Over Ozone Layer Depletion, Warns Importers / Edwin Clark To Oborevwori: You’ve Started Well By Siting Projects In Warri / Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.