Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga (32550 Views)

UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) / Uniben Sug Exco Passed A Vote Of No Confidence On The President Over #4,000,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by BleedingPen: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2023
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) Students’ Union Government (SUG) Vice President, Miss Idemudia Osasogie Divine, has left the University community in shock following her sudden resignation from office on Monday.

In her resignation letter obtained by METROWATCH, Divine said she and her team have failed the students who elected them into office, asking that the students should remain resolute, courageous and determined in their future bid.

Though she did not specifically state the resign behind her decision to quit office as the number two student of UNIBEN, her resignation, however, came amid the saga from the recent increment of school fees by the UNIBEN management.

Recall that the University of Benin recently increased her school fees with over 100 per cent for fresh students as Science an Non-science new intakes are expected to pay N190,000 and N170,00 respectively.

However, moments after her resignation letter hit the social space, the University management announced downward review of the school fees to N115,000 and N105,000 for Science and Non-Science students respectively; and N95,000 and N85,000 subsequently.

Earlier, there were concerns and agitations from students with many questioning the SUG perceived silence on the school fee saga. Although, the union had initially claimed ignorant of the development. They would later announce negotiations with the Management.

In the erstwhile Vice President’s resignation letter, Miss Divine admonished the students to be resolute in electing future student leaders who will not betray their interests but represent them well in their various capacities.

She exonerated the University management from the school fee hike saga, saying elected student leaders are to be blamed, even as she insisted that the Union she was hitherto the Vice President have failed the students who elected them into office.

Meanwhile, the decision of Divine to quit office as Vice President has been met with mixed feelings from students. While some commended her for taking the bold step as Nigerians hardly resign, others are demanding to know what really transpired.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/06/27/we-have-failed-you-all-uniben-sug-vp-resigns-amid-tuition-hike-saga-metrowatch/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by BleedingPen: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2023
Thoughts?
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by jkpbestseries: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2023
Bold step

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by marlow1962(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2023
Okay I got suspended for speaking the truth, funny how people so much dwell and cherish lies and suffering.

Anyways, this is just a reminder that
Education= so help me lord
Infrastructures= so help me lord
Transportation= so help me lord
Health= so help me lord
God given mineral resources= so help me lord
Electricity= so help me lord
FOOD= so help me lord

Infact all basic amenities meant to be enjoyed by the citizens is ZERO.
But
Government steals billions= on your mandate we stand
Government officials sends all their children to foreign schools = baba nla
Government imposes strict law to punish the masses= may this policy favor I and my family
Government buys million dollar cars for themselves and family= I was blind, now I can see
Government moves billions and trillions with just a pen= God bless you sir, yes look him up death to all fraudsters
Government pays you peanuts to remain in poverty= may your days be long sir.

Like seriously when are we going to learn?
Government has used POVERTY and tribalism to hold the average Nigerian down. Brothers fighting brothers because of tribe and religion. Just letting you know, as a poor man your kids can no longer go to school.

I have noticed one thing in nairaland, people that justify and defend evil are people that DONT HAVE BILLS TO PAY.
Yes I said that, because if at least 20k goes out from your pockets EVERYDAY without any tangible reason, then you know what's up.

90% of people here are kids who feel because it is a faceless forum, that they can talk nonsense and defend evil, while their parents struggle to meet up with ends meal. I do not blame them, them see food chop.

When are Nigerians (I don't give a FUCCK about your tribe) going to get tired of suffering? When?
What kind of curse was layed on Nigerians, that they see suffering as a daily routine.
You're justifying the hike in electricity, but you can't afford petrol for 600, nawa for you.

I have been observing many people here for a while, the way some people speaks online shows the rate of intelligence one got.
Let's see how far it goes, this is just barely a month and Nigerian are already telling on people.
Yes let's remove subsidy, the money will be use to develop our country, you're a foool. All the money your government has been borrowing from 1960 till date, what has it been put to that has impacted the lives of the average man?
Nigerians will keep suffering, untill they stand up and say we are tired of suffering.

Haha some people will qoute me to insult me and my family. But guess what? We go see suffer, suffer belle full.
Jubril regime that most of you carried coffin all in the name of Jonathan must go, the regime didn't favor you and your family, na tinubu regime wn cun favor you and your family, issoryt.

171 Likes 21 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Parachoco: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2023
The school fees issue is beyond the SUG

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by DonNeon: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2023
Lol.... She's in her finals and recently got engaged, I guess she don't want to step on toes that might get her suspended or rusticated ...

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Streetdoctor: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2023
She has shame,
She has a lineage to protect (unlike one shameless old drug lord, urinating machine and his supporters are too shameless and dangerous to humanity)
She will always be remembered for standing against injustice and inhumanity.
Dis one ladies from d other southern Nigeria is making us proud today, unlike a tribe their women are after very good in breeding miscreants, lunatics from 5 different men

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by CodeTemplar: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2023
Failure indeed. For you not to know this wave of increase is unavoidable is a failure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Brendaniel: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Tinubu should also resign since he has failed Nigerians

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Natbrowny: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2023
In this world. I just come commit sin, plenty sins.

So in that case. My only take away from this post is that. SHE'S GOT BOOBS

4 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2023
So, she expects the university to survive on cheap fees?

Nigerians would complain all day long about half baked degrees...yet when efforts are made to improve things, they would complain poverty.

200000 naira is 270 dollars at most. And it is from that money that you expect degrees that can compete with unviersites that charge higher.?

Okay o. I don talk.

Modified

Looks like people don't want to get what I say

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by 7lives: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2023
Natbrowny:
In this world. I just come commit sin, plenty sins.

So in that case. My only take away from this post is that. SHE'S GOT BOOBS

This is what ASUU played for all these years, but ignorant students and parents joined them, to fight the government.
Best of luck.

9 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by OneCandleAway(f): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigerians would complain all day long about half baked degrees...yet when efforts are made to improve things, they would complain poverty.

200000 naira is 270 dollars at most. And it is from that money that you expect degrees that can compete with unviersites that charge higher.?

Okay o. I don talk.

This comparison is stupid.

What is the minimum wage in the US compared to nigeria. Then look at the tuition a local student pays abroad which is different from international tuition, if an international student is paying $15,000 abroad for a degree, a local student can pay $5000.

Also, these local students have access to scholarships, payment plans broken into up to 6 or 8 installments and loans for the reduced tuition they pay without having to get any level 13 guarantor. And even after influential people help them pay their loans in some cases unlike here that you hardly can find influential people giving back selflessly to the society.
Then compare to nigeria before spitting trash online.

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2023
She just use style style comot herself for matter way big pass her

Rusticating her at final year need to be avoided

Na she tell una make una go vote for renewed shege

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by slawomir: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by specialmati(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked nawa which way nigeria
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Cloudflare: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2023
Damn!

The youths are actually setting the standards for sane leadership. In a sane society, Tinubu would've resigned for putting cause the country in untold hardships and massive corruptions. The werey isn't even aware of what Nigerians are currently going through. This is exactly why Nigeria urgently needs Obi ASAP to rescue this country

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Pwettylinda(f): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2023
Protect her at all cost
That's what a great leader does when he or she fails in his duty.

But Nigerian polithiefcians can never resign even when they are caught red handed stealing E.G Ganduje undecided undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Boyooosa(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2023
Good
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by specialmati(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay o. I don talk.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin literate junkies everywhere.

28 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by fitinwell: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2023
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Fapemz: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2023
shocked
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2023
Good gesture! Naija politicians rather die in office than resign

Check that girl well she must be an obidient! Peter Obi is indeed a blessing to this generation, INTEGRITY!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by MorolayoVictor(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2023
Hellooooo
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by madrid5: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2023
DonNeon:
Lol.... She's in her finals and recently got engaged, I guess she don't want to step on toes that might get her suspended or rusticated ...
Divine is engaged?
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin literate junkies everywhere.

K.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by theophorus(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2023
Person wen get Shame.

2 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2023
OneCandleAway:

This comparison is stupid.

Ah, yes, starts with abuse.

Tells me all I need to know.

Out of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Good mornings, young phillosopher.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by anibi9674: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2023
ok
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by MrColdsweat: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2023
Tulumbu don pocket the money wey gofament dey take subsidise education.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Universities That Accept Waec And Neco Combination / Covenant University Trends On Twitter See Tweets / Do Female Lecturers Harass Male Students Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.