Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga (32586 Views)

UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) / Uniben Sug Exco Passed A Vote Of No Confidence On The President Over #4,000,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Geoabeey:

You are heartless and stupid. Imagine the rubbish you just vomited. People like you are part of the reasons why we find ourselves where we are today

And you are a nice man, Comrade Erich. You are showing true proletarian spirit and really giving it to the kulaks and bourgeoise hard.

Great work, comrade. Onward to true communism.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by tuzle(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay, then stop complaining about bad education in Nigeria then.

When you are ready to want better, we can talk.
u are claiming that because of the low tuition fees that is why education is poor and I am telling u their are tuition free schools that are far better than even schools that are paying large tuition.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
tuzle:
u are claiming that because of the low tuition fees that is why education is poor and I am telling u their are tuition free schools that are far better than even schools that are paying large tuition.

A time will come when that won't be the case.

There is a cold reason why ASUU is going on strike. They want government to urgently pour in money into the universites run by gofment.

Right now, it is salaries that keep many good lecturers in government unis, but for how long?

Something must be done. Soon.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Iamzik: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Actually we are not.

Our tax to gdp ratio is too low

Our oil earnings are the same as Qatar, and we have 100 times their population.

Fix those two issues first...then we can talk.

(And that's why I don't like APC because they have not fixed either issue....so don't accuse me of supporting evil, Gosplan activist).

The savings from fuel and electricity subsidy removal..... what will it be used for?

The government is asking citizens to make adjustments yet politicians are not cutting the cost of governance or reducing their own pay...heck they are even planning salary increase for themselves! We need to face reality.

You can't tax a nation into prosperity. It doesn't work

3 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
Iamzik:

The savings from fuel and electricity subsidy removal..... what will it be used for?

The government is asking citizens to make adjustments yet politicians are not cutting the cost of governance or reducing their own pay...heck they are even planning salary increase for themselves! We need to face reality.

You can't tax a nation into prosperity. It doesn't work

That's why you have to hold your government to account.

Plus having a tax to gdp ratio of 10% is hardly taxing a nation into poverty....that's even lower than Ghana's 24%
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by bizhop01: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
heysquare:
Don't be surprised She has a come back plan to contest for SUG president seat. Her resignation is to garner future trust
She will come back to contest for SUG president seat after she graduate, did you attend school at all?

5 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Natbrowny: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buddha3:

Where's the boobs?

I been knw the babe. I knw wats up.

By the way baba. Just focus on the message o, school fees stuffs. . U wan join sinners club abi.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Angelfrost(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hanty... UNIBEN is not the problem!

Education, especially tertiary, will no longer be subsidized!

This means quality education will no longer come cheap...!

Hopefully this will improve the standard and quality of academics, while putting a permanent end to Industrial actions!

The bitter truth is that tertiary education can no longer be for everyone!...

2 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
DonNeon:
Lol.... She's in her finals and recently got engaged, I guess she don't want to step on toes that might get her suspended or rusticated ...

Don't❎

Doesn't ✅

2 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Styluss: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
You are very stupiiid, see your unintelligent comparison. I'm not sure you attended a university, maybe just a primary school dropout.
nairalanda1:
So, she expects the university to survive on cheap fees?

Nigerians would complain all day long about half baked degrees...yet when efforts are made to improve things, they would complain poverty.

200000 naira is 270 dollars at most. And it is from that money that you expect degrees that can compete with unviersites that charge higher.?

Okay o. I don talk.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Styluss:
You are very stupiiid, see your unintelligent comparison. I'm not sure you attended a university, maybe just a primary school dropout.

Okay, lady Marissa.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Natbrowny:

By the way baba. Just focus on the message o, school fees stuffs. . U wan join sinners club abi.

School fees matter no concern me.

I wan follow you see the bress... grin!

2 Likes

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Styluss:

Haba!

There's basically nothing wrong with that guy's take on the issue na. E no reach to begin abuse am na.

I know say everybody dey vex, but make we try dey calm down sometimes.. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by BluntCrazeMan: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
BleedingPen:

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/06/27/we-have-failed-you-all-uniben-sug-vp-resigns-amid-tuition-hike-saga-metrowatch/

She is trying to pass a message..

She is trying to insinuate that she is being hindered to perform at her full natural capacity..
And these are by some forces that are beyond her control, even though she is is the Number-2..
(But these forces - which she didn't really want to pin-point - are far Stronger than her controlling capacity.)
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by wirinet(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigerians would complain all day long about half baked degrees...yet when efforts are made to improve things, they would complain poverty.

200000 naira is 270 dollars at most. And it is from that money that you expect degrees that can compete with unviersites that charge higher.?

Okay o. I don talk.

You expects non corrupt Nigerians to survive on expensive education?

Nigerians have half baked degrees not because of cheapness but because of corruption - corruption from secondary school by cheating and special centres, corruption in universities by grades for sex and grades for sale. Nigeria Educational standard was highest when education was free and corruption was at the barest minimum.

N30000 minimum wage is less than $40. How many Nigerians earn N200,000 per month? Even at N500,0000 per month, how much disposable income will be left after transportation at N500 per litre, electricity at N100 per Kwh and inflation at 18 - 20% per annum?

Nigerian elites don't even think or care about the poor or less privileged, they act as if they should all be eliminated from the country.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by IbeOkehie: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Iamzik:

Nigeria is rich enough to subsidize university education

No, the Nigerian Government is bankrupt. Subsidies have destroyed Nigerian government finances.

Nigeria has NEVER had enough money to pay for the subsidies it provides, which is why the country is ALWAYS borrowing.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by ArticleBeast: 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay o. I don talk.
What is the average salary in the country? You can’t go and be selling bottle water for 100 dollars in a place where the average salary is $4.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by lomprico(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Great Ife of thoes days chai! Everywhere go dey on lockdown
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Caleb15(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
Original copy received by me
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by LivingSage: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
From her resignation letter, she's having issues with the students leaders and they instigated their stooges in the parliament to remove her from office (shame her), she was faster than them before their action.

Most time, Nothing destroys unionism than the ex students (who were once unionist) who performs cabal rights in everything that concerns SUG.

They have no shame at all
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
ArticleBeast:

What is the average salary in the country? You can’t go and be selling bottle water for 100 dollars in a place where the average salary is $4.

Okay, don't complain about our bad universities,.......after all it is what we can afford.

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
wirinet:

You expects non corrupt Nigerians to survive on expensive education?

Nigerians have half baked degrees not because of cheapness but because of corruption - corruption from secondary school by cheating and special centres, corruption in universities by grades for sex and grades for sale. Nigeria Educational standard was highest when education was free and corruption was at the barest minimum.

N30000 minimum wage is less than $40. How many Nigerians earn N200,000 per month? Even at N500,0000 per month, how much disposable income will be left after transportation at N500 per litre, electricity at N100 per Kwh and inflation at 18 - 20% per annum?

Nigerian elites don't even think or care about the poor or less privileged, they act as if they should all be eliminated from the country.

Poor funding makes the corruption worse.

As harsh as it sounds, modern equipment and so forth do not pay for themselves.

Either we start paying in more to our universities, or we just accept that we have bad universities.

We cannot be blaming everything on 'corruption'...corruption isn't why some universities cannot afford to upgrade for better services and why our hostels are a mess.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by correctyourself(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay o. I don talk.

What is this one saying? My friend park well.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by NobleSeed(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
watin sup boss
Natbrowny:

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by alowolowolayemo: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Brendaniel:
Tinubu should also resign since he has failed Nigerians

This is how all the enemies of Nigeria like you shall be exposed. So how has Tinubu failed Nigerians in less than a month in office?
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
correctyourself:

What is this one saying? My friend park well.

I will say what I want to say, and you can do nothing about it.

Park well yourself, todger.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by osothermal(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Na wa o. Fees that men paid #9500 that year
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by DonNeon: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
madrid5:
Divine is engaged?
Yeah she is
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Iamzik: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
IbeOkehie:

No, the Nigerian Government is bankrupt. Subsidies have destroyed Nigeria.

Nigeria has NEVER had enough money to pay for the subsidies it provides, which is why the country is ALWAYS borrowing.

Thanks.

It is not subsidy that destroyed Nigeria. That is a lie sold to you by the political class

It is government failure to monitor and uncover fictitious subsidy payment invoices.

It's like deciding to sell your car to start trekking because your driver inflates your monthly fuel cost
Absolute no brainer

At this rate they will still loot the savings from subsidy removal and there will be nothing to show for it
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Styluss: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Everything is wrong with what he said, He is comparing schools abroad with Nigeria without considering minimum wage. Does he even know that some countries run Free Education for citizens ? The guy no just get sense, there is no two ways about it
Buddha3:

Haba!

There's basically nothing wrong with that guy's take on the issue na. E no reach to begin abuse am na.

I know say everybody dey vex, but make we try dey calm down sometimes.. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Study Free In Istanbul Turkey For Absolutely Free. Apply Now! / Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" / Do Female Lecturers Harass Male Students Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.