Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga (32589 Views)

UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) / Uniben Sug Exco Passed A Vote Of No Confidence On The President Over #4,000,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Iamzik: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Osilama1:
federal Universities is still tuition Free what pple pay is school charges... It's state Universities that aren't tuition Free... Like I said University education is luxury how many get to do msc PhD after BSC why not say govt should subsidize post graduate too..

May I remind you of the importance of university education and the fact that most of the present day politicians would not have become graduates if not for federal universities. So your politicians enjoyed subsidized education but when they get to the top they decide to promote a policy that will ensure that your own generation will not get to enjoy same and you think it's a good thing

My simple question that none of you have been able to answer. After removing fuel subsidy, increasing electricity tariff, floating naira with high exchange rate, food and transport inflation, yearly proof of ownership, increased insurance and so many others on the way in less than one month....what does the common Nigeria benefit from government?

You cannot tax a nation into prosperity and I hope we all drop party loyalty and face the reality for once. All this in less than one month.... Just imagine what 4 years will be like if this pattern continues
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by NOwazobia: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:
So, she expects the university to survive on cheap fees?

Nigerians would complain all day long about half baked degrees...yet when efforts are made to improve things, they would complain poverty.

200000 naira is 270 dollars at most. And it is from that money that you expect degrees that can compete with unviersites that charge higher.?

Okay o. I don talk.

Modified

Looks like people don't want to get what I say
No one is interested in stupid takes. undecided
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by nairalanda1(m): 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
NOwazobia:
No one is interested in stupid takes. undecided

Except you.
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Osilama1: 5:07am On Jun 28, 2023
Iamzik:

May I remind you of the importance of university education and the fact that most of the present day politicians would not have become graduates if not for federal universities. So your politicians enjoyed subsidized education but when they get to the top they decide to promote a policy that will ensure that your own generation will not get to enjoy same and you think it's a good thing

My simple question that none of you have been able to answer. After removing fuel subsidy, increasing electricity tariff, floating naira with high exchange rate, food and transport inflation, yearly proof of ownership, increased insurance and so many others on the way in less than one month....what does the common Nigeria benefit from government?

You cannot tax a nation into prosperity and I hope we all drop party loyalty and face the reality for once. All this in less than one month.... Just imagine what 4 years will be like if this pattern continues
federal Universities are still tuition Free... Back then pple were fed thrice a day in University Free... That stopped later...cos govt couldn't fund it.. the fees in these federal schools is still moderate... Compare to what pple pay in private secondary primary schools let alone private universities... If u guys want total free education at all levels it has to be well funded by tax money... Except we wanna deceive ourselves... Whether or not subsidy was removed These charges were bound to go up based on current realities...

1 Like

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Dotman2210(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
She just use style style comot herself for matter way big pass her

Rusticating her at final year need to be avoided

Na she tell una make una go vote for renewed shege

I'm telling you, omo ogbon in Asake's voice
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Iamzik: 8:07am On Jun 28, 2023
Osilama1:
federal Universities are still tuition Free... Back then pple were fed thrice a day in University Free... That stopped later...cos govt couldn't fund it.. the fees in these federal schools is still moderate... Compare to what pple pay in private secondary primary schools let alone private universities... If u guys want total free education at all levels it has to be well funded by tax money... Except we wanna deceive ourselves... Whether or not subsidy was removed These charges were bound to go up based on current realities...

Looks like you didn't get any of my previous points so let me try again...

After removing all these "subsidies" from every single service what will the savings be used for?

I hope you can give a straight forward answer because no APC supportee has been able to answe this question
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Osilama1: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2023
Iamzik:

After removing all these "subsidies" from every single service what will the savings be used for?

I hope you can give a straight forward answer because no APC supportee has been able to answe this question
go and ask those in govt that question... Am not the president spokesman neither do I get paid by any govt functionaire ok
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Lush100(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2023
Osilama1:
go and ask those in govt that question... Am not the president spokesman neither do I get paid by any govt functionaire ok
Oh.
But u can defend thier actions they have taken but u cannot tell what actions they will do with the monies.
So what's the point...in arguing in the beginning

Okay.

In time, u will know
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Lush100(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2023
Iamzik:

Brother,.... you won't get an answer to that,
They run away from responsibilities that come from the position thru took to defend an action that cannot be defended ordinarily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by Osilama1: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
Lush100:

Oh.
But u can defend thier actions they have taken but u cannot tell what actions they will do with the monies.
So what's the point...in arguing in the beginning

Okay.

In time, u will know
and u can antagonize govt are u working for opposition
Re: ‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga by cooljude(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

But you have to have the money, and the problem with Nigeria is, we don't have enough money.

The stealing and looting makes matters worse. As does the inefficiencies.

Plus we already have subsidised education and health.

If you want to pay for subsides, start by rasing our tax to gdp ratio.

Otherwise we will continue to borrow and borrow to meet welfare goals that cannot be achieved.

We are not broke to invest in Education..... Let this government cut down on wastage, stop pilfering and corruption in the system. Singapore, Malaysia even China at their point of economic revolution didn't have a robust economy like us.

Listen to revolutionary leaders like Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore to understand the mindset, policy of developing a country.

If you don't have a trained educated and talented populace to develop, manufacture and invent ideas, your country will remain backward and a shit hole.

This government do not have that in them....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria Atere, FUNAAB Student Dies; Lost To "Negligence" / Do Female Lecturers Harass Male Students Sexually? / Kaffydadiva Flaunts Her 3 US Degrees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.