Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy (4762 Views)

A 1963 Times Magazine Post About The Tribes And Former Three Regions Of Nigeria / 71% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Youths - INEC / South West And South-south Of Nigeria Accounted For 71% Of Total IGR In 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by NLegendforte: 6:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jogs1900:

As Onitsha, Omoku, Asaba etc is Benins royalty is the same way only Ilorin is Fulanis royalty but the majority of those in Ilorin are Yorubas. Yorubas hold political power in Kwara state.
When Yoruba forefathers were fighting wars and conquering other kingdoms up to Dahomey, Togo, and Ghana, what were the Ibos doing then?
Their forefathers were docile and it's affecting them now that's why they have the smallest geographical region that is a little larger than only Oyo state in the southwest.
Shut the unbrushed teeth pig. Igboland covers areas outside southeast; benue, kogi, crossriver, Edo and more than a third of Rivers and a fourth of Delta.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by NLegendforte: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jogs1900:

There is gas in Lagos, Ondo and Ogun stateThere is oil in Lagos, Ondo and Ogun state too.Ibos can't drag Delta with Yorubas..Delta and Edo state were in the old western region.
Itshekiri is Yorubas.
Urhobo is from Benin and Benin is Yoruba's cousin. Where there is crude oil in the Delta state belongs to the Itshekiris, Urhobos, and Ijaws and these are the real Deltans, not Anioma people.

You can't drag Delta into your Biafra nansense.
It's even Yorubas that are supposed to be dragging Delta into Oduduwa because they have big stake there.
No one is dragging anybody you propagandists. Igbo nation is for only igbo speaking people. Biafra is another topic.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Jogs1900: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
NLegendforte:

Shut the unbrushed teeth pig. Igboland covers areas outside southeast; benue, kogi, crossriver, Edo and more than a third of Rivers and a fourth of Delta.
I know you will type rubbish.
ndi landgrabbers.
Be building up hatred for your tribesmen in those states. You hear

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
NLegendforte:

Okoro, you go finally get sense one day.

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by NLegendforte: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Shey na your Ijaw grandfather plant oil for Ondo state ?

Hahaha painment reloaded. Sorry there's one oil I know very well in yoruba land it's called hydraulic red oil soup.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Cromagnon: 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes we are.. Push for restructuring or regional government if u don't like it sir
we have 37 regions already

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
Cromagnon:
we have 37 regions already
Then stop complaining na igbos are using the Constitution you guys made na

We would produce little GDP, collect allocation, still vote in Lagos
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Finally , you now agree that you are a drain on Nigeria .

Parasites

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by ObosiUkwalla: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
helinues:

At least we can be proud of our principal for laying such legacy in Lagos state. Only if una principal get 1/8 of such legacy in the state he governed for 8 years. Less than meager N2bn IGR in 8 wasted years, Tufiakwa!!

Better save all these ur wailing so u can get strength to go buy fuel at 548naira per litre.

Suffering and smiling imps

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

Finally , you now agree that you are a drain on Nigeria .

Parasites
Yes and there is nothing u can do about it
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes and there is nothing u can do about it

Oh really?

Just watch as events unfold if you continue your treason .

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

Oh really?

Just watch as events unfold if you continue your treason .

Do u know what treason is? There is absolutely nothing Tinubu can do that igbos haven't faced before

Lmao una be learner
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Do u know what treason is? There is absolutely nothing Tinubu can do that igbos haven't faced before

Lmao una be learner

So bend down and get buck broken again.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

So bend down and get buck broken again.
Lol clme force me na coward.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol clme force me na coward.

It's not a choice.

You will be buck broken again like your grandparents were .

The only problem I have is that you cucks enjoy being broken.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

It's not a choice.

You will be buck broken again like your grandparents were .

The only problem I have is that you cucks enjoy being broken.

U mean my grandfathers that bought all your lands?
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

U mean my grandfathers that bought all your lands?

You buy all the land and still dey complain say dem won chase you commot Lagos ?

Ohu

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by kettykin: 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
blamingthedevil:
How Three Regions Account for 71% of Nigeria Economy

Who ever believes this report is indeed gullible and high on methane
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

You buy all the land and still dey complain say dem won chase you commot Lagos ?

Ohu
Chase by who? Them get mind
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Chase by who? Them get mind

Keep running your fat mouth

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Styluss: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
How is that 3 regions? Thats 2 regions, Lagos is SOUTHWEST
We own Lagos
blamingthedevil:
How Three Regions Account for 71% of Nigeria Economy

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Styluss: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Can we get a 2023 update? Sure the data would still be almost thesame
backtovillage:
2019 report now

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Styluss: 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
So you mean Lateef Jakande played all through his tenure?
helinues:
Toh

Lagos alone 34%, a state but with the economy of a country. His Excellency Bola Tinubu led the way to the Lagos success story.

Now imagine him replicating same feat across Nigeria regions.

Eh lo Fi Okan bale, better Nigeria with his Excellency Bola Tinubu
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Yorubapiglet: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2023
Dem no Born the LGA chairman that will remove the ONNI of IFE, let alone the bigger EMIR OF ILORIN.

As regards wars, so you now agree IGBOs occupied IFE? But to correct you, they didn't run. It was migration and they returned home.
Moreover that is BOW and ARROW era. In the modern era they fought a war and survived and till today, people that didn't fight a war are busy comparing themselves to the IGBOs.

I SWEAR down...IGBOs are a formidable race. Tell yourself the truth

juman:

You mean the king that can be removed by local government chairman.
Even the servant of any king can contest as chairman and be the boss.
We are comfortable with our emir. We are muslims here.

Igbo fought many wars and ran away.
Ile ife was occupied earlier by igbos but ran away from war.
Cant you see the population of your people do not correspond to the size of land you control. You have small size of land mass.
It means you people were always defeated in battles.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by chidiokay: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2023
mrvitalis:
Education sha it's important

How in the world would any educated person equate IGR and economy?

The only way to measure economy is GDP not IGR

Nigeria is Africa's biggest economy yet doesn't have biggest revenue in Africa no where near the biggest even

South East unofficially gave our businesses tax break since 1970 to allow that grow while others taxed themselves to death

Go to school people won't hear yet depend on propaganda

Can't you see the comparism is basically between regions within the country, how do you want the author to compare regions in a country with GDP.
I won't mind if you can highlighten me, on how GDP can be used to measure regional contributions
some of you don't think or maybe oversabi is just the problem.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 7:48am On Jun 28, 2023
chidiokay:

Can't you see the comparism is basically between regions within the country, how do you want the author to compare regions in a country with GDP.
I won't mind if you can highlighten me, on how GDP can be used to measure regional contributions
some of you don't think or maybe oversabi is just the problem.

GDP can be measured for even a family
Nigerian state has GDP n it's well known Google is there Nigerian statistics agency release it time to time
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by chidiokay: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

Absolutely the wake up call improved..
Development in South East increased but as Igbo majority of us believed that yorubas are too educated and exposed to follow tribal lines 2023 made us think again

I for one was thinking of buying a house in lekki now not again

Ask any house agent, demand done drop big time

4 bedroom terrace duplex in ikota can be gotten for 45million last year 60 million was with abeg for same property

Its funny how you reason most times, i don't know were you people get the mentality "Only Igbos have money Only Igbos buy lands & properties" .. if igbo no buy no other human can buy, it depict shallow mindset

Demand for almost everything has dropped in recently becos of the "Inflation rate" .. common sense
What your 40million can buy in March it can no longer buy it now ... its not just houses even demand for car has dropped because of dwindling purchasing power and Not becos Igbos have decided not to buy again

Please shut the fvckup, Money knows no tribe, there was a time IGbos pull out there money and convert to biafra money, Nigeria did not collapse. must you people boast or its just a curse

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by NeloNelo: 8:17am On Jun 28, 2023
chidiokay:

Its funny how you reason most times, i don't know were you people get the mentality "Only Igbos have money Only Igbos buy lands & properties" .. if igbo no buy no other human can buy, it depict shallow mindset

Demand for almost everything has dropped in recently becos of the "Inflation rate" .. common sense
What your 40million can buy in March it can no longer buy it now ... its not just houses even demand for car has dropped because of dwindling purchasing power and Not becos Igbos have decided not to buy again

Please shut the fvckup, Money knows no tribe, there was a time IGbos pull out there money and convert to biafra money, Nigeria did not collapse. must you people boast or its just a curse

Inflation and subsidy removal: 7.1 million Nigerians may become poorer as families face a monthly loss of N5,700

https://thegisthouse.com/inflation-and-subsidy-removal-7-1-million-nigerians-may-become-poorer-as-families-face-a-monthly-loss-of-n5700/
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by juman(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2023
Yorubapiglet:
Dem no Born the LGA chairman that will remove the ONNI of IFE, let alone the bigger EMIR OF ILORIN.

As regards wars, so you now agree IGBOs occupied IFE? But to correct you, they didn't run. It was migration and they returned home.
Moreover that is BOW and ARROW era. In the modern era they fought a war and survived and till today, people that didn't fight a war are busy comparing themselves to the IGBOs.

I SWEAR down...IGBOs are a formidable race. Tell yourself the truth

If not gowon and Obasanjo that spared your parents and let them live you would not have been born.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Yorubapiglet: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2023
Hitler couldn't erase JEWS from the World.
Japan Couldn't erase and subjugate China.

Let alone...

Inconsequential dolts that can't even give themselves constant power.

We have been born ..and we have spread even beyond your useless NIGERIAN borders. Your hate Spurs the IGBO growth.

Your Lamentations are useless

juman:

If not gowon and Obasanjo that spared your parents and let them live you would not have been born.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Cromagnon: 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
mrvitalis:

I'm not
You are the one complaining about regions
I've moved on to 774 regions teytey
You're still in the past stuck

the game is the game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Deploy Operatives To Worship, Recreational Centres In Abuja / How The Jos Crisis Began. / Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.