Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy (4763 Views)

A 1963 Times Magazine Post About The Tribes And Former Three Regions Of Nigeria / 71% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Youths - INEC / South West And South-south Of Nigeria Accounted For 71% Of Total IGR In 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Yorubapiglet: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
E go shock you

I swear e go shock you die

Keep being foolishly inclined to generational stewpidity

OhuDealer:

You delude yourself .

Your eye go clear soon just as we clear your doubt on Obi and your dead Biafra .

Come and drag SS nah.

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Yorubapiglet: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Keep quiet. RECLAIM ILORIN first, before you rant foolishly.

Ttalk:

We don't take orders from anyone, we operate on our terms. Nothing connects Biafra with Oduduwa

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Firstly the UGM issue is overblown and the natives know it so why run away?
Overblown issues can only affect strangers

Which Igbo man owned businesses do you know have relocated

Instead of innoson leaving he is expanding building a new factory in IMO

Two other car manufacturing companies have joined him

Igbos are moving investment back home

So what exactly is your point, do you have any figure to prove Igbo land economy is shrinking

Read the 2022 news below.

https://punchng.com/examining-impact-of-sit-at-home-on-south-east/?amp

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Yorubapiglet: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Why is it your business?

Sit at home/unrest and they still travel constantly for Christmas, Easter and private celebrations? They still move goods and services constantly?

With all these issues and you are fixated on them? Truly IGBOs are BIG!!!

Keep fooooioiling ya sef

LegendHero:

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Ttalk: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Yorubapiglet:
That is what I have been telling this children employed by Politicans to be foolish.

IKOTA used to be prime real estate, now the value has so plummeted, that is ridiculous having a property in that axis

All this is because of foolish RONU mentality, that has woken IGBOs up
and now they are truly thinking home.

Even the TAX revenue generated by Lagos has fallen porously. Due to foolishness of 'Our Lagos' Propagandist, headed by that 'lizard neck' in London that heads Tinubu campaign in UK

Reverse psychology doesn't work on us, go to Ibeju Lekki, Epe, and Badagry and see development going on. Real Estate has quadrupled in SW owing to diaspora remittance from Yoruba sons and daughter

Oga teacher don't teach me nonsense we understand our economy better than you do

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by TheShift2022(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
The Shift Project is a Non-governmental initiative that enables forward-thinking individuals become a better version of themselves through mentorship and training.
We are currently selecting few people for mentorship across Nigeria. If you are open to be trained and mentored, you can reach us through these numbers; Johnson 0803 877 8763, Mr Lawrence 0816 332 4791, Dr Abeng 0803 736 9682.
Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Ttalk: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Yorubapiglet:
Keep quiet. RECLAIM ILORIN first, before you rant foolishly.

UGM are waiting for you, if them born you well visit Upper Iweka

3 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

From punch newspapers? Lmao you must think of me as one of your agbado people abi

I am Igbo telling you something
Daring you to name one Igbo business or any business that has slowed down in the east u can't mention one

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ttalk:

You mean after your service year you can't stay in Enugu and have a decent life, you have to come to Lagos?
Anyway, that's by the side, SW IGR is leading, how it wish SE too could shop up there IGR, I want a positive competition and not envy and jealousy your people are displaying at the mention of SW IGR
I have never worked for anyone in my life since I left school....

If you want competition improve your HDI, improve your infant mortality rate improve your literacy rate improve your movement toward MDGs goals

I have only visited Lagos a few time, but recently a few friends where convincing me to move to Lagos I gave it a taught...

My issue was I needed to build my factory where I can drive to it everyday and comeback without issue, the idea grew

But after the election even him is thinking of selling his house in Lagos Lmaooo

If my business want to die let it die it must be in South East or Igbo part of South South

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

From punch newspapers? Lmao you must think of me as one of your agbado people abi

I am Igbo telling you something
Daring you to name one Igbo business or any business that has slowed down in the east u can't mention one

Lol I know you guys insignia.

Deny any news from frontline media that do not align with you and conjure your own.

3 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by Ttalk: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

If you want competition improve your HDI, improve your infant mortality rate improve your literacy rate improve your movement toward MDGs goals

I have only visited Lagos a few time, but recently a few friends where convincing me to move to Lagos I gave it a taught...

My issue was I needed to build my factory where I can drive to it everyday and comeback without issue, the idea grew

But after the election even him is thinking of selling his house in Lagos Lmaooo

If my business want to die let it die it must be in South East or Igbo part of South South

Says someone from the region where governor gives 5k incentive to pregnant women for choosing government hospitals over backyard clinics.

Typical Igbo talking from both sides of the mouth, you advised in another thread that Igbo should not leave lagos but remit their proceeds back home but could not advise your friend that is planning to japaid back to dot in the circle.

Why are you like this? Mrvitalis

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol I know you guys insignia.

Deny any news from frontline media that do not align with you and conjure your own.
Northern APC paper?

Let's analyze this thing

How exactly would sit at home make traders lose money?

Suppressed demands are filled when supply
Become available.... Is that not basic economics?

People who would have gone to market on Monday would be dead by Tuesday?

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Northern APC paper?

Let's analyze this thing

Lol 😂. So which newspaper will you believe? Tell me and I will look for the same news in the paper.

I’m waiting.

3 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ttalk:

Says someone from the region where governor gives 5k incentive to pregnant women for choosing government hospitals over backyard clinics.

Typical Igbo talking from both sides of the mouth, you advised in another thread that Igbo should not leave lagos but remit their proceeds back home but could not advise your friend that is planning to japaid back to dot in the circle.

Why are you like this? Mrvitalis
Yet the same state is beating you in infant mortality rate... No be shame be that?

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Northern APC paper?

Let's analyze this thing

Let me ask you a simple question.

If everybody do not go to work on Monday - Friday, do you think it won’t affect the economy of a region?

Like what is the effect of everyone not going to work? Is there correlation with that and how the economy work?

3 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yet the same state is beating you in infant mortality rate... No be shame be that?

So you believe the statistics now?

It’s no more Oluwole because the infant mortality favor you? Is God not wonderful?

5 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

So you believe the statistics now?

It’s no more Oluwole because the infant mortality favor you? Is God not wonderful?
I believe in stat has their been anytime I said I don't believe in stats?

Misinterpretation of a stat to mean what it doesn't mean is the Koko

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

I believe in stat has their been anytime I said I don't believe in stats?

Misinterpretation of a stat to mean what it doesn't mean is the Koko

There is nothing called misrepresentation of stat.

This thread shows that the South East is generating revenue that is low as those of North East region.

What I expect you to do is to ask why and what the SE can do to up the numbers and not trying to use tactics to change topic by saying bla bla bla.

Do you believe SE generate low numbers as Borno state, yes or no?

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Let me ask you a simple question.

If everybody do not go to work on Monday - Friday, do you think it won’t affect the economy of a region?

Like what is the effect of everyone not going to work? Is there correlation with that and how the economy work?
Economy is measured in productivity, and that's GDP

If we all agree not to work for 7 days there would be no demand so absolutely no need to supply... It's economics 101

The demand and supply transactions that was meant to occur within that 7 days would be shifted when work resumes

There is a reason banks are crowded on Friday and Monday... Those excess transaction are weekend transactions... It doesn't affect the economy

If u sale 20k per day... On Monday u don't sale then sale 40k on Tuesday day was the not selling on Monday an issue?

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

There is nothing called misrepresentation of stat.

This thread shows that the South East is generating revenue that is low as those of North East region.

What I expect you to do is to ask why and what the SE can do to up the numbers and not trying to use tactics to change topic by saying bla bla bla.

Do you believe SE generate low numbers as Borno state, yes or no?
Absolutely no body is denying that but trying to extrapolate that low revenue equals low economy is fallacious at best

The thread try to show that low revenue in South East means South East has low economy

I'm saying there is absolutely no basis for that

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Economy is measured in productivity, and that's GDP

If we all agree not to work for 7 days there would be no demand so absolutely no need to supply... It's economics 101

The demand and supply transactions that was meant to occur within that 7 days would be shifted when work resumes

There is a reason banks are crowded on Friday and Monday... Those excess transaction are weekend transactions... It doesn't affect the economy

If u sale 20k per day... On Monday u don't sale then sale 40k on Tuesday day was the not selling on Monday an issue?

Answer the question with a yes or no.

If you have two states: A & B with same GDP and etc.

If A states work Monday - Friday and B states do not work on Monday-Friday.

Which state will prosper in 3 years time? State A or State B?

3 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Oga sharap!

This low IGR figures for your yeast shows your state's depend more on federal handouts and are not self sustaining without it.

Now that's the real gist here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Answer the question with a yes or no.

If you have two states: A & B with same GDP and etc.

If A states work Monday - Friday and B states do not work on Monday-Friday.

Which state will prosper in 3 years time? State A or State B?

This is economics not maths
There is no yes or no answer

Depends on the state.... Can state A be replaced economically by state B... If that's established then absolutely state B would be better

But if state B is dependent on state A in supply all state be one week supply would have to be met in 2 days difficult but not impossible
And there would not be difference in their growth pattern all things being equal

The South East has zero competitions, we are indigenous business owners... Plus very large remittances legal and illegal ( yes) ... So the growth on the economy can't not be affected by one day sit at home

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Absolutely no body is denying that but trying to extrapolate that low revenue equals low economy is fallacious at best

The thread try to show that low revenue in South East means South East has low economy

I'm saying there is absolutely no basis for that

There is basis for that. You can easily extrapolate some things from some variables.

The correlation is not 100% but there is enough data point to show that SE does have low economy.

You’re the one actually doing disservice to this thread. You’re trying so hard to dissociate Revenue from economy.

In Lagos for example, the governor can say he wants to tax 1million people 10k each and he will easily see people to pay that.

If he tries that in Abia state for example, it’ll be hard to get that out from people because the poverty level and economic activities is lower in that state.

Go and study Soludo well, he is on a massive revenue drive. Even at that, he was able to recoup so little and he had to call on Anambra citizen outside the state to come back home. If he is sure people in Anambra can satisfy his revenue drive, why does he have to beg people in other state?

It’s just common sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
OhuDealer:

Oga sharap!

This low IGR figures for your yeast shows your state's depend more on federal handouts and are not self sustaining without it.

Now that's the real gist here.
Absolutely we depend on free federal handouts because we can... If we pain you push for restructuring I dare you

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

There is basis for that. You can easily extrapolate some things from some variables.

The correlation is not 100% but there is enough data point to show that SE does have low economy.

You’re the one actually doing disservice to this thread. You’re trying so hard to dissociate Revenue from economy.

In Lagos for example, the governor can say he wants to tax 1million people 10k each and he will easily see people to pay that.

If he tries that in Abia state for example, it’ll be hard to get that out from people because the poverty level and economic activities is lower in that state.

Go and study Soludo well, he is on a massive revenue drive. Even at that, he was able to recoup so little and he had to call on Anambra citizen outside the state to come back home. If he is sure people in Anambra can satisfy his revenue drive, why does he have to beg people in other state?

It’s just common sense.
Lol you are dreaming oga

Enugu has the biggest revenue in South East.... According to world Bank released data it has lowest GDP in the east

Nigeria is Africa biggest economy, is our revenue even top 10 in Africa?

Bros economics like maths isn't emotions but fact is fact... Things are not true because u want them to be true

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

This is economics not maths
There is no yes or no answer

Depends on the state.... Can state A be replaced economically by state B... If that's established then absolutely state B would be better

But if state B is dependent on state A in supply all state be one week supply would have to be met in 2 days difficult but not impossible
And there would not be difference in their growth pattern all things being equal

The South East has zero competitions, we are indigenous business owners... Plus very large remittances legal and illegal ( yes) ... So the growth on the economy can't not be affected by one day sit at home

You are saying nonsense respectfully bro.

—Can you tell me what SE export to other zones? Ever since you’ve been having your sit at home, how does it affect business in other regions on Monday? It’s like you think SE is USA or something. Quit your delusion bro.

The North is more important to Nigeria than the SE. if the North do sit at home for 3 days and not send food down South, all states will feel the effect.

Another nonsense you are parroting is about indigenous business. Every region in Nigeria have indigenous businesses and infact go and check MSME/SME statsitics, we have them more in the SW and I am not talking of Lagos.

In the North, those farmers that export food and proteins to the other states are indigenous businesses. They are richer per capital to someone with a 2 by 2 shop and they contribute more to the economy because they create real jobs. People provide food for animals, produce fertilizers, and butchers and they drive real growth.

A 2 by 2 shop just import cloth from China, and sell it. He only employs his own friend and family and there is not much real job created.

With the rest of the jargons about supply and demand, you don’t know what you are talking about so I won’t waste time responding to that. It’s obvious you’re just trolling.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by OhuDealer: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Absolutely we depend on free federal handouts because we can... If we pain you push for restructuring I dare you

We know you guys as the major opposers to state autonomy since COR region began its agitation to leave the Eastern region.

Can you mention one Ibo man that has clamoured for restructuring back to pre Ironsi Nigeria ?

Your legislators have been in the habit of siding with the north to lock against any talk of resource control especially when it comes to oil revenue.

Your Obi even made it a cornerstone of his campaign that he isn't going to reform the system he says is perfect with the bird cage 1999 constitution but wages his bid on the hairbrained campaign that he has the leadership qualities to perform magic.

When Lagos and Rivers succesful secured a court ruling on VAT collection ,all we got from your corner was silence .

Oga, the truth remains that the SE can not sustain itself without one Nigeria or leaching on others.

This was the warning Zik gave to Ibo parliamentarians to do all they could to prevent the so-called minorities from leaving the old eastern region.

Your Ojukwu doubled down on this and declared Biafra and annexed the newly liberated SS provinces.

Your Ojukwu waged a war to annex Niger Delta rather than agree to it becoming states as declared by Gowon

You see, everyday your victim narrative falls apart as you expose your real evil parasitic and covetous nature to the world.

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by LegendHero(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol you are dreaming oga

Enugu has the biggest revenue in South East.... According to world Bank released data it has lowest GDP in the east

Nigeria is Africa biggest economy, is our revenue even top 10 in Africa?

Bros economics like maths isn't emotions but fact is fact... Things are not true because u want them to be true

In the spectrum, where will you find countries with high revenue?

A — Go to the top 20 counties with the most revenue in the world.

B — Go to the last 20 countries witn the least revenue in the world.

Which of them will most likely have the highest GDP? A or B?

Can you see how ridiculous your claim is?

2 Likes

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

You are saying nonsense respectfully bro.

—Can you tell me what SE export to other zones? Ever since you’ve been having your sit at home, how does it affect business in other regions on Monday? It’s like you think SE is USA or something. Quit your delusion bro.

The North is more important to Nigeria than the SE. if the North do sit at home for 3 days and not send food down South, all states will feel the effect.

Another nonsense you are parroting is about indigenous business. Every region in Nigeria have indigenous businesses and infact go and check MSME/SME statsitics, we have them more in the SW and I am not talking of Lagos.

In the North, those farmers that export food and proteins to the other states are indigenous businesses. They are richer per capital to someone with a 2 by 2 shop and they contribute more to the economy because they create real jobs. People provide food for animals, produce fertilizers, and butchers and they drive real growth.

A 2 by 2 shop just import cloth from China, and sell it. He only employs his own friend and family and there is not much real job created.

With the rest of the jargons about supply and demand, you don’t know what you are talking about so I won’t waste time responding to that. It’s obvious you’re just trolling.
Bros... South East is a self sustaining economy we buy from manufacturing countries and distribute in Nigeria

South East economy provide most consumer goods to South South, Cameroon and few centra African countries plus a few North Central States.... That's a rufe explanation

Their Monday demand is pushed to Tuesday simple

Remittances, real estate is not affected by sit at home... Infact hospitality and entertainment benefit from the extended weekend

1 Like

Re: How Three Regions Account For 71% Of Nigeria Economy by mrvitalis(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
LegendHero:

In the spectrum, where will you find countries with high revenue?

A — Go to the top 20 counties with the most revenue in the world.

B — Go to the last 20 countries witn the least revenue in the world.

Which of them will most likely have the highest GDP? A or B?

Can you see how ridiculous your claim is?
Bros did you go to school at all?
A big GDP country that decides to give tax break to business would have low revenue especially when the economy is driven by 90% informal sectors

There is no link revenue/GDP ratio is just a measure how effective the government is

Of you tell me South East government are ineffective absolutely yes... But relating that to economy is no no

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku / Jubilation In Aba As Suspected Kidnapper Osisikankwu Is Shot Dead! / ABACHA, Our Great Leader! By Wale Salami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.