Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life (32051 Views)

At Your Age, Which Animal Are You Scared Of? / What‘s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by bonnyhope: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
talented321:
Started sucking puna at 14,

Na bacteria go kill you

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Prenonjebose: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Not able to push for the career path I wanted at point of gaining admission to uni. Then, also not being sensitive enough to stop the chain of events that led to my sister's death, that's quite painful

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by talented321: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
I swear. Na wetin con kill u?
bonnyhope:

Na bacteria go kill you

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by seanwilliam(m): 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
SmartyPants:

Been there bro. Balling in millions monthly and the next thing you know, down to ground zero with absolutely nothing to show for it. When I was balling I was carefree because I felt even if the worst comes to the worst, I could make the money back - until I lost the money and at the same time all the avenues I was looking at suddenly went dry.

You have to simply adjust to your new reality and start from there. Life does go on.
please expatiate this
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by seanwilliam(m): 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
R2bees2:
You are so hard on yourself, commiting suicide would have more cowardice. There is this quote that says something like if you have made so much money and lost it all that means you already know how to make it back, this time it's going to be easier than before"..

However my biggest regret is not studying or making research on Bitcoin/Crypto before investing. I wish I knew about market cycles. Or atleast basic T.A before investing. IT IS WELL
lol
100% wrong o

5 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Felix6: 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Figger:
are u telling us that a secondary school lever can't read or write? What we're saying is tertiary education is overhyped, period.
Ok sir, but try and get into the tertiary education and drop out at the level you can differentiate between leaver and lever.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Godwin25king: 11:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Not acquiring Bitcoin sooner.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Younghacka(m): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Of course I read the Bible and Quran from start to end, the Bible 3 times. There was no light in my day, and the telly, which was one single channel and started at 4pm, was rather uninteresting having imbibed a lot of more interesting BBC in my early days, so I had to occupy my time somehow and reading the Bible it was. My first reading took 3 years, as I only read it if I had no other books to read. I finished before I was 12.

Please do gatecrash Heidegger and let me know what you make of him, as my difficult is not do much reading (though I can't read because my eyes no more work) but because of my desire to understand and let it influence me as opposed to merely believing whatever he says.
I've Tried To Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation, Each Time I Start With Must Gusto But I Stop Around Deuteronomy Or Thereabout. To Be Continued The Next Year. grin grin
What Do You Mean At The Bolded?
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Banbanna(m): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
ufotty2001:

Nawahoooo!! Me am 37yrs am regretting not marrying early up till now but u that is married is regretting marrying.. truly another man blessing is and there man poison
Not everyone sees marriage the same way. To some, it brings the joy of having offsprings, status symbol, & personal family. To others, it's like an entrapment, sacrificing one's bachelorhood & freedom and never ending burden of child/spousal care. It can be very challenging if the man does it all alone.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Chidolalar: 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Bro remember the decision to either be sad or happy lies in you.
You just have to keep pushing.
There are millions of people that you are better than.
Don't write yourself off.
If I tell you my story,
You won't believe it.
I am going to 40, still living with my parents, no job, no child but I keep believing that one day it will be fine.
There is nothing like it will be fine as long as u are still alive.
D only time your problems will be completely over is only when u are dead.
As long as u are still alive, problems in one form or d other will keep Occuring or re-occurring

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Obasempiree(m): 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
I have no regret books , life goes on.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Divay22(f): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Club Cubana is the answer. I worked there. If you have ever been there or clubbed there, then you'd understand how making thousands could be easy peasy in one night. I could make as much as 500k on a weekend. Then, I was like LAPO to family and friends. If you met me then to borrow you 1M, it would be readily available.

I was a teenage girl, naive and impressionable. I felt everyone had a good heart — like me. I would always help anyone who came to me having money problems. Anyone. I'd make sure you live la Vida loca as far as you came to me for help and I know you.

I had an admission to study in Finland, and then I got duped of over 5Ms by an agent. Sadly, this person was introduced to me by family. Till now, I don't know her whereabouts. I doled out uncountable monies doing giveaways without plans because I felt it would always be there. Even my parents were no good.

Do you know what it feels like to have over 9M in one minute and be stark broke in another? Sometimes, I sit and stare forlornly and just think I have nothing else to live for. When I tell people I'm depressed, they laugh at me and call me bipolar or make jest of me about being depressed. You don't understand it, mate. Like another Nairalander said, maybe I'm just still very weak and playing cowardice to snuff life out of me. Or maybe, I'm still very undecided. Time will tell.

Mind you, I have things going on for me but I can't forking move on. I hate everyone who I ever was there for. I hate them. I regret every forking thing I ever did for them. 😭. Maybe, I just had too many expectations. Just maybe. But, why should I not? I forking cared for them. Why shouldn't I?

I'm sorry about the epistle.
I'm so sorry about this babe..
Omo, to think this is what you carry inside of you day in and day out.
I pray life replenish all you did for others.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by bbeautylik(f): 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Getting married into a family house....Now i cant breathe

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Emilo(m): 11:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Precious101c:
Spending my life savings of almost 35million to build 10self contain apartment for rent, now my money has finished and I haven't completed the house. Am even struggling to eat now meanwhile I have 35million worth of uncompleted building , not rentable.

I see people making this mistake all the time but I think it’s greed (maybe wrong). if u had done just 2 self contained you will be earning some cash today. But u can still sell it and use the money to invest on something else.

5 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by tonididdy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
So many regrets in life
But
One taunts me the most.

Selling my car when I wanted to take a long trip, next day trip didn't work out and I was car-less.
To make matters worst, that same car was worth 3x the price six months after the sales angry

Generally I hate loosing ( weak deals).

8 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by tonididdy(m): 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Not fucking an albino

Are albinos now extinct or did you cut off your manhood? Or are you typing from the after-life?
This is not a regret if the opportunity still breathes.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Versal: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
I don't have regrets
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by lastkingsman: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Not fucking an albino

grin grin grin
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Divay22(f): 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Precious101c:
Spending my life savings of almost 35million to build 10self contain apartment for rent, now my money has finished and I haven't completed the house. Am even struggling to eat now meanwhile I have 35million worth of uncompleted building , not rentable.
While not source for a place you can get a good amount of loan at least to complete maybe 3 or 5 apartment and rent it out and dedicate to paying back the loan within a certain period of time...

Don't say you can't.. Please try and look for.
Or you can sell 5 to complete the other 5 for yourself (if you're scared of owning anybody)

I hope the house is in a good location thou
Please think about it.. It's a huge risk but i have seen people doing it.. All the best.

7 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
Divay22:

I'm so sorry about this babe..
Omo, to think this is what you carry inside of you day in and day out.
I pray life replenish all you did for others.

Daluu, nne.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Idaytesj29(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Figger:
Attending higher institution instead of learning a skill after my O level

I regret not learning a trade while in service

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Versal: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Club Cubana is the answer. I worked there. If you have ever been there or clubbed there, then you'd understand how making thousands could be easy peasy in one night. I could make as much as 500k on a weekend. Then, I was like LAPO to family and friends. If you met me then to borrow you 1M, it would be readily available.

I was a teenage girl, naive and impressionable. I felt everyone had a good heart — like me. I would always help anyone who came to me having money problems. Anyone. I'd make sure you live la Vida loca as far as you came to me for help and I know you.

I had an admission to study in Finland, and then I got duped of over 5Ms by an agent. Sadly, this person was introduced to me by family. Till now, I don't know her whereabouts. I doled out uncountable monies doing giveaways without plans because I felt it would always be there. Even my parents were no good.

Do you know what it feels like to have over 9M in one minute and be stark broke in another? Sometimes, I sit and stare forlornly and just think I have nothing else to live for. When I tell people I'm depressed, they laugh at me and call me bipolar or make jest of me about being depressed. You don't understand it, mate. Like another Nairalander said, maybe I'm just still very weak and playing cowardice to snuff life out of me. Or maybe, I'm still very undecided. Time will tell.

Mind you, I have things going on for me but I can't forking move on. I hate everyone who I ever was there for. I hate them. I regret every forking thing I ever did for them. 😭. Maybe, I just had too many expectations. Just maybe. But, why should I not? I forking cared for them. Why shouldn't I?

I'm sorry about the epistle.
It looks like you are attached to helping people.
My dear, it can harm you.
You don't have business getting attached to helping people.
They will drain you. And no! Not helping people will not take you to hellfire.
There is even no hellfire

With what happened to you. You have two choices:
One, learn from it and move dafuq on.
Two, allow it to wound you.

Remember, these are choices

6 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by viodemus: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Not understanding early enough that the more you live, the more you should take everyday or at worst, every few days as a fresh time slate.

Easier said than done, but when you tell yourself that you are continuously climbing a steep mountain as long as you live, and you need to keep intelligently moving up and up (looking forward) or smartly conserving energy (chilling sometimes); instead of keep looking down (living in past regret). Life is not fair all the time, as little as the ants are, they manage their regrets, sometimes their mistakes can lead them to more suffering or death. Even the lion don't have it good all the time.

Life no get uniform formula, that is why many of us want to believe that God is the formula. Which is a way we subconsciously use to build up faith and hope in order to face what every new minute or day might present or have presented.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by DukeNija(m): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
MN07:
Loosing all my millions last year 8.8 million.

Now I'm starting from 0kobo at 33 years old and I unconsciously beg God for a painless death every day because I'm too afraid to do it myself.

Please hang in there. Take it one day at a time:
Life is precious and more valuable than 8.8m. God will strengthen you!

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Idaytesj29(m): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Slynation:
Not investing in crypto 2015 when they were literally begging me...

I regret not joining the BTC and ETH revolution. That's why no one can discourage me on my pi π journey. I will see it to the very end. Even if it is 0.00000123 dollar to a pi π. A no lose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by AfonjaPriest: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
affiox:
Goodevening, pls I am reaching out to any kind hearted person reading this, pls have mercy on me and my junior brother, through out today we hv eaten nothing, we are literally starving pls, our gas has finish and food stuffs too, kindly help us, we just need N1OOO to buy food please, 7O69473889, Opay, Joseph. God bless you.
Stop deceiving people with your plea for help. The other time you appeared on this platform, begging, you wrote the below with a different moniker:
ARKLASTECH
I need your help please, for some days now, I have not been able to go out for my usual daily hustles because of ill health, I have exhausted all money on me on drugs, I'm battling now to regain my self so as to be able to resume my job, I am not able to buy food or food stuffs... Can you pls help me with a 1000 naira to get food , O13OO63I7O, Gtbank, Joseph A. God bless you.
Go to your church or mosque to beg. Stop being shameless and follow a dignified path of honest enterprise.

5 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by budaatum: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Younghacka:

I've Tried To Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation, Each Time I Start With Must Gusto But I Stop Around Deuteronomy Or Thereabout. To Be Continued The Next Year. grin grin
What Do You Mean At The Bolded?

I can't see well enough anymore to read as much as I used to. Optician says it's the result of too much reading with bad light (candles and lantern). Pity, as there's still quite a lot of books I'd love to read and can't find them in audio.

I've posted a link to audio Bible. Download it on to your phone to listen to as you go about and you'd soon get to the end.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Versal:

It looks like you are attached to helping people.
My dear, it can harm you.
You don't have business getting attached to helping people.
They will drain you. And no! Not helping people will not take you to hellfire.
There is even no hellfire

With what happened to you. You have two choices:
One, learn from it and move dafuq on.
Two, allow it to wound you.

Remember, these are choices

No wahala. I read you well, boss. 🙏🏼
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by tonididdy(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
mariovito:
same here, 35 going on 36. And it seems the older one gets, the less it becomes to settle for one.

I got married at 34
Prior to my wedding, my now wife is and was my first and most serious relationship.
You do need time to date (@least 4 or more yrs) because you need to know your partner.
Do not look at your age... N sure you go through the process.
Do not be pressured, until I popped the question that night, the night before that night I never tot I would ever be at that bridge( marriage/proposal) in my life @34.
In fact till this moment, it still hasn't dawned on me am a married man but dude I take the role over seriously.

So let everything happen naturally, don't rush else...

14 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by OmoOshodi(m): 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
I redeployed from Zamfara state during my NYSC service year due to security issues(bokoharam) and post 2011 election crisis up North...only to enter lagos and enter into an Uncle's hand...my mum's family member.......till now I never recover fully from the damage the man did to my life(a very long story)

I regret I redeployed.

I wish I tell my story some day

4 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by affiox: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
AfonjaPriest:

If u cannot help... Pls mind ur business
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by nkemdi89(f): 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Always forming independent in my relationship, men collect money from me and never pay back because I feel so comfortable with my own money .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Biography|regina Daniels History|regina Daniels Profile & Movies / See The Big Python Killed In Our Compound(photos) / Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.