Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life (32218 Views)

At Your Age, Which Animal Are You Scared Of? / Whatβ€˜s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by djoe21(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

And someone else said this is about the best decision they made in life. Between gambling and this, I no know which one risky pass.

Gambling is worse.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2023
lollybizzu:

This cracked me up...no jokes.

Seem to me like you've been dating an immature girl.

Brings me to the question...what have you two been discussing for the six years? Discussion to settle down is not a one-off thing...

I really can't put my words together rn...not in a good frame of mind.
she was very immatured,people easily confuse her,we fixed date for introduction more than 3 times and she kept postponing for no tangible reason,almost made me a laughing stock,my prayer is that someone will also lead her on and dump her at the final stage.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by VicUkegbu(m): 8:53am On Jun 28, 2023
rowosky:
My biggest regret ever is Gambling
I lost like 1.5 million I made from surveys.
But I’m recovering.
I learnt a hard lesson the hard way.
Bleep you sportybet.

Please I would love to know how you made money from surveys. Can I dm?
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by ObiCubanaJnr: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2023
Olamicwoto:
Married wrong woman. Infact I'm still regreting

Omo this is one mistake no man should make. Damn

5 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by theamazonguru(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2023
MN07:

The emotional damage and pain is unbearable.

I feel you bro.
I was in your shoes In 2018.

Mine was loosing over 10m in total to ponzi.
Then I had access to flow of cash. So I kept investing in millions and I kept loosing. In order to make up the loss from one platform I will invest in another.
All this happened in 2016-2017.
Then I made up my mind to run away from ponzi.
I did till I was introduced to another platform called Micheno Cooperative society in 2018. They claimed they were a cooperative society. We paid registration fee to join. So I joined their WhatsApp group and was watching proceeding for a whole year till I got convinced that they were genuine (so I thought).
But unfortunately, at that time I didn't have money to invest. So I foolishly took a loan of 2m from the loan sharks.
The same month I invested was the same month they crashed.
And I had to be doing monthly repayment of 224k for 18 months.

I kept working out my ass , even borrowed money to meet up the monthly repayment.

I became a shadow of myself as it was not easy meeting up.
I almost died.
I was suicidal.
I almost lost my sanity.
But thanks to God for a good wife and an understanding family. They kept encouraging me. And I readjusted my life style too. Reduced bills payments, feeding allowance, in fact changed church to a new place where I had zero financial commitment.

This is 5 years after.
I live in my own house. A duplex in a prime location in the state where I reside.
I have peace of mind.
Life is good and sweet abeg.

Don't ever give up.
Don't ever commit suicide.
There is hope.
Just keep pushing.
Believe in God and his Grace to see you through and help you.

No man can help you, only God can.
Hold unto him tight.

One thing I can tell you is this, you will come out stronger and better. Your failure should be a motivation for your eventual success. Don't let failure tie you to a spot. Keep trying.

Peace.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Slynation(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2023
Idaytesj29:

I regret not joining the BTC and ETH revolution. That's why no one can sis courage me on my pi Ο€ journey. I will see it to the very end. Even if it is 0.00000123 dollar to a pi Ο€. A no lose.
Make I go dey mine this PI o, I stopped long ago, but I still have some tangible amount of it with me...

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by ObiCubanaJnr: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2023
Edoziesmart:
My biggest regret is not studying quantity survey when I was giving admission to study that a decade ago. I find it as one of the useless course so far without knowing it is a very nice course.

Now my mate that took the bold opportunity to studied the course is doing pretty well for himself. Job upon job want to kill him in our community now. sad

Man is cruising on tundra Toyota as I'm talking, including other sport cars by the side

There are others who studied same thing and didn't succeed as your friend. There are many non graduates making it big time also. So no be by wetin person study for school. Life na chance and some kind of mystery

6 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Chidolalar: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2023
LivingSage:
Atheist? cheesy
How does my comment relate to atheist?
My comment was completely logical and d undisputable fact
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by CalmElder(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2023
ourunivibes:

Ah i am in the same dilemma with you now. I have one a registered nurse in New York. We are planning something serious fa undecided undecided

No leave am o.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by CalmElder(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2023
Divay22:

I guess now you can pretend very well grin grin

I can but I hate it when I have to.

Nothing as liberating as being genuine

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by SmartyPants(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Having a mentor could not even save you from making poor decisions. Haba!!!

Some lessons you have to learn on your own.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by VicUkegbu(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2023
LeopardX:
That i didn't learn a money making skill immediately after NYSC, or even interning for free, if need be, to gain relevant experiences.

Though i believe the situation can still be remedied. But time is not my friend atm

I am preparing for my NYSC next month and I know how the country can be on graduates. I am a First class graduate but I conditioned my mindset on skill acquisition, I am a data analyst (although I haven't gotten a full time job with it) and after or during nysc I will pay to learn solar, cctv installation.

This life isn't for the weak, I'll use my certificate too but I focus mainly on skill acquisition.

10 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by VicUkegbu(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2023
goodmouth:
Not marrying before the age 35yrs

You might not necessarily need to marry especially if you haven't seen the right woman. But you can have your kid and train them.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by theamazonguru(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

And someone else said this is about the best decision they made in life. Between gambling and this, I no know which one risky pass.

That's the irony of life.
There is just one step between life and death.
The same.path someone took and it led to his death is the same path another man took and it led to his lifting.

Crypto is great but you need to be wise not to enter the river with your 2 eyes closed , be lucky to spot the right gem/coins to invest in, and lastly, being not too greedy. Cash out when you need to.
Some invested in shit/meme coins, value rose within few minutes/hours. But they failed to sell it off and cash out hoping the price will keep rising. Only for the whales to dumb the market on them pulling off a rug pull.
While some people fell for FOMO buying at the top expecting a rise in price, only to see the price dropping even to the lowest all time low.

It is well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Pheeyistringz: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2023
Not standing up for myself and relying on people opinion to make decision, very regrettable but trying to mould myself back

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by VicUkegbu(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Bro remember the decision to either be sad or happy lies in you.
You just have to keep pushing.
There are millions of people that you are better than.
Don't write yourself off.
If I tell you my story,
You won't believe it.
I am going to 40, still living with my parents, no job, no child but I keep believing that one day it will be fine.

Bro, what have you been doing at these while?? Learn a skill... save up.. probably change your environment and start afresh. Network with people. Life is what you make of it!!!
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Greenfaces: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2023
1.Not investing in real estate when i just started working and before i got married.

2. Not leaving this country

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by VicUkegbu(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2023
DatNaijaGuy:
Not learning a good marketable skill when I finished secondary school. I should have done that before going to the university. No one close to me will make that mistake.
Anyway, I am learning skills now.
It can never be too late.

What skill are you learning?
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by nwetadinobi042(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2023
Please find a way to let go and forge ahead πŸ™πŸΎ
UyaiIncomparabl:

Club Cubana is the answer. I worked there. If you have ever been there or clubbed there, then you'd understand how making thousands could be easy peasy in one night. I could make as much as 500k on a weekend. Then, I was like LAPO to family and friends. If you met me then to borrow you 1M, it would be readily available.

I was a teenage girl, naive and impressionable. I felt everyone had a good heart β€” like me. I would always help anyone who came to me having money problems. Anyone. I'd make sure you live la Vida loca as far as you came to me for help and I know you.

I had an admission to study in Finland, and then I got duped of over 5Ms by an agent. Sadly, this person was introduced to me by family. Till now, I don't know her whereabouts. I doled out uncountable monies doing giveaways without plans because I felt it would always be there. Even my parents were no good.

Do you know what it feels like to have over 9M in one minute and be stark broke in another? Sometimes, I sit and stare forlornly and just think I have nothing else to live for. When I tell people I'm depressed, they laugh at me and call me bipolar or make jest of me about being depressed. You don't understand it, mate. Like another Nairalander said, maybe I'm just still very weak and playing cowardice to snuff life out of me. Or maybe, I'm still very undecided. Time will tell.

Mind you, I have things going on for me but I can't forking move on. I hate everyone who I ever was there for. I hate them. I regret every forking thing I ever did for them. 😭. Maybe, I just had too many expectations. Just maybe. But, why should I not? I forking cared for them. Why shouldn't I?

I'm sorry about the epistle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by nwetadinobi042(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2023
This is so too much for a person to carry
UyaiIncomparabl:

Club Cubana is the answer. I worked there. If you have ever been there or clubbed there, then you'd understand how making thousands could be easy peasy in one night. I could make as much as 500k on a weekend. Then, I was like LAPO to family and friends. If you met me then to borrow you 1M, it would be readily available.

I was a teenage girl, naive and impressionable. I felt everyone had a good heart β€” like me. I would always help anyone who came to me having money problems. Anyone. I'd make sure you live la Vida loca as far as you came to me for help and I know you.

I had an admission to study in Finland, and then I got duped of over 5Ms by an agent. Sadly, this person was introduced to me by family. Till now, I don't know her whereabouts. I doled out uncountable monies doing giveaways without plans because I felt it would always be there. Even my parents were no good.

Do you know what it feels like to have over 9M in one minute and be stark broke in another? Sometimes, I sit and stare forlornly and just think I have nothing else to live for. When I tell people I'm depressed, they laugh at me and call me bipolar or make jest of me about being depressed. You don't understand it, mate. Like another Nairalander said, maybe I'm just still very weak and playing cowardice to snuff life out of me. Or maybe, I'm still very undecided. Time will tell.

Mind you, I have things going on for me but I can't forking move on. I hate everyone who I ever was there for. I hate them. I regret every forking thing I ever did for them. 😭. Maybe, I just had too many expectations. Just maybe. But, why should I not? I forking cared for them. Why shouldn't I?

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Yungmil: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Wow reading your post reminds me of burna boy song MONSTER YOU MADE. I just went through your profile and seeing your pics is actually a face of someone with a good and merciful heart.

How are you coping with your stuttern programs? Hope it's moving fine

How did you get the cubana club job and is it still lucrative? How can one apply?

Please and please let your experience not turn you into a beast cos it may only lead you to more regrets, keep helping people if you can please.

I believe you have gotten and still getting help from people you don't even know or has ever help(think about this).

There is inner peace in putting smile on people's face even if they don't reward you back!!!

Please don't ignore my advice. Thank you ma

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Desusi: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2023
nedekid:

But you know it happens more on the female side. Husband will give wify money, she will give it to one small boy shining her Kongo. Ladies will date a guy, be chopping his money. Some will even go as, deceiving him there is a future, yet milking him and diverting the owo to the real niggar she loves, wen you even see the fellow, you will just be shaking head in disgust.
Anyway, don't use my post as a benchmark, I was young then, over 30 years ago.
Hmmm,such is life. Your argument is as a nail fasted on a master piece,women too, are another creature,entirely.

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by online4business: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Baba no regret...Lori Iro!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
A lecturer once said that it's only a fool that doesn't have regrets!!!

And who's a lectural to tell you what to do or believe?

Lectural wey no fit change anything and most die poor and in debt.

No regrets everything happens for a reason.

Looking at your back won't carry you forward.

Learn a skill writing, not just any writing

how to write influential writing and you can write your own check.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Chidolalar: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2023
Hassanmaye:

So you think you are lucky you mate her? Wait till she born first that's the only time you know the true colours of A woman
Pple keep saying this tin.
What will happen till she born first?
If love and understanding is there, I don't c any reason she would change after giving birth.
Although there will be one or two quarrel btw d both from time to time bcuz no relationship or marriage can be perfect. Even life in general can never be perfect for everybody

1 Like

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by online4business: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2023
kamokaze10:

I realized this a few months back too but ion know any of such because I've been to skeptical and critical of them before.

Can you recommend anyone pls.

My WhatsApp number is 09121629598. I just need their guidance on some crucial decisions so one won't keep making wrong ones.
Aboy leave ancestors dey na.

Money is always moving if you need it moving to you create what people want.
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by sircrabo: 10:14am On Jun 28, 2023
MN07:
Loosing all my millions last year 8.8 million.

Now I'm starting from 0kobo at 33 years old and I unconsciously beg God for a painless death every day because I'm too afraid to do it myself.

Take heart Broda. Be strong for yourself. I am in the same place with you. We just have to dust our feet and move on.
So long as there's life, there's hope
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by virginboy1(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2023
This thread reminded me of the " how I lost millions thread".

Lot of lessons to be learnt.

Such is life we can't really have it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Antihelminth: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2023
Precious101c:
Brother that's a nice advice but what I hate most in my life is debt , I don't have peace whenever I know am owing somebody . I was even thinking about selling the property(located in d city of port Harcourt) but I am serious thinking of how my parents will feel. They have already advertised to there colleague at work that there son is doing very well not knowing that I am having artificial grey hair because of building a house.
I am seriously depressed , is not like I have any work , I made the money mostly from sports betting . I rushed to build because I don't wanna lose the money back to them.
If you sell it you're going back to square one .. look for a loan with agreement . Jaize bank would not even collect interest .
When you finish it rent it all out and pay back the loan . Rent in pH is high . Hustle northerners to finish up the building they don't charge much . And they are good .
Even fed govt dey borrow money as you dey waste Tim price of cement dey increase

4 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by cobby14(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2023
It’s a long road bro. I turned down mentors who believed in my capabilities and wanted me to tag along with them but I denied their countless offers(already made folks). Trust me if I had worked with them,I would’ve multiplied in many folds. Not believing I can pull stuffs off alone too made me settle for half bread instead of going for the full one. I regret loosing many things, travel,marriage, travel opportunities was served to me countless time. I regret but still hopeful on my dream.
KAM3KAZI:

Please explain so the that we the younger generation won't make the same mistake πŸ™πŸΎ

3 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Chidolalar: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2023
Precious101c:
Brother that's a nice advice but what I hate most in my life is debt , I don't have peace whenever I know am owing somebody . I was even thinking about selling the property(located in d city of port Harcourt) but I am serious thinking of how my parents will feel. They have already advertised to there colleague at work that there son is doing very well not knowing that I am having artificial grey hair because of building a house.
I am seriously depressed , is not like I have any work , I made the money mostly from sports betting . I rushed to build because I don't wanna lose the money back to them.
Hmm u made over 35m from sports betting.
It seems u normally stake high amount with small odds to win
Or how do u stake and won that huge amount?
Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Lastpharoah33: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2023
viodemus:
Not understanding early enough that the more you live, the more you should take everyday or at worst, every few days as a fresh time slate.

Easier said than done, but when you tell yourself that you are continuously climbing a steep mountain as long as you live, and you need to keep intelligently moving up and up (looking forward) or smartly conserving energy (chilling sometimes); instead of keep looking down (living in past regret). Life is not fair all the time, as little as the ants are, they manage their regrets, sometimes their mistakes can lead them to more suffering or death. Even the lion don't have it good all the time.

Life no get uniform formula, that is why many of us want to believe that God is the formula. Which is a way we subconsciously use to build up faith and hope in order to face what every new minute or day might present or have presented.

It's quite good & refreshing to hear from you, baba.

The whites are damn good with this engineering (psychology and mind) since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life by Chidolalar: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2023
nedekid:

But you know it happens more on the female side. Husband will give wify money, she will give it to one small boy shining her Kongo. Ladies will date a guy, be chopping his money. Some will even go as, deceiving him there is a future, yet milking him and diverting the owo to the real niggar she loves, wen you even see the fellow, you will just be shaking head in disgust.
Anyway, don't use my post as a benchmark, I was young then, over 30 years ago.
Shining her KongoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ LMAO
You are 100% correct. Women does it more than d men bcuz men gives money more to women compared to women giving money to men

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future / 6 Things That Can Cause You Disgrace And Embarassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.