Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged (18843 Views)

EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI / Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Twist4u: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
Guide777:
Until there is "National Electoral Law Enforcement Commission" and review of who appoints INEC chairmen and Resident Electoral Commissioners , people like Mahmud and Tinubu will continue to derail the will of the people i.e 'sabotage' democracy and go scot-free.
I think Electronic voting should be strengthen and given preference, while the manual votes remain as checks. Instead of focusing on who appoint INEC chairman and RECs.

This would largely eradicate human interference such INEC chairman and RECs in the voting process.

No doubt the current 2022 Electoral Act clearly gave too much power to the RECs and INEC chairman in the collation process.

Such that Resident Electoral Commissioners can single handedly cancel votes of an entire ward or LGA and it will stand. no police reports, nothing. What manner of rubbish is this, who are those that passed this law? subjecting an entire state election to the hands of one human being the Resident Electoral Commissioners. This is where the major scam take place. We saw this play out in ADAMAWA state where the REC rigged the election in favour of APC candidate initially.

Secondly, that the INEC CHAIRMAN can operate with discretion like deciding to declare a winner without verifying electronic collated votes. is very very unfortunate and I'll intentioned. As we saw Mahmood declared Tinubu out of his discretionary powers in 2023 election. This is ambiguity the EU commission seems to be referring.

Who ever appoints we the INEC chairman and RECs is not the problem, because they are humans and in Nigeria they can be influenced by the Executive.

The solution is enforcement of full electronic voting. Such that when you're successfully accredited by BVAS, on the same BVAS you will be able to cast your vote electronically and proceed to cast your vote manually to serve as checks or keeps for agents.

After the elections, where there's issues of rigging, the vote cast on the BVAS becomes the first reference point, while the hard copy compliment as checks.

By going this route INEC chairman and RECs influence on election will be reduced significant or eradicated.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Pathfinder2090: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Last time I checked, Nigeria was still a sovereign state. Someone should tell this European bloc to stop pokenosing into our internal affairs. You want to criticize us, do it constructively. Anything African is never good enough in their eyes.

Shut up there evil man
Hope ur buying fuel at cheaper rate?
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by wonlasewonimi: 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Sovereign state my foot.

Sovereign state that go about borrowing from Dick, Tom and Harry
Sovereign state that spent over 90% income paying debt
Sovereign state going down economically every year.
Sovereign state that is the poverty capital with oil yet no refinery

We hide failure with sovereign state

Check out smaller African countries like Botswana, Angola etc and you will be amazed at the level of process.

Sovereign state that its presidents go abroad for hear ache treatment

1 Like

Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by GiZcorp: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Last time I checked, Nigeria was still a sovereign state. Someone should tell this European bloc to stop pokenosing into our internal affairs. You want to criticize us, do it constructively. Anything African is never good enough in their eyes.
They were invited by this ur so called sovereign state... Now they are doing the duty to which they were invited and you're here vomiting rubbish. E sure me die say u no even read that piece before rushing to disgrace yourself.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by GiZcorp: 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
They were invited by this ur so called sovereign state... Now they are doing the duty to which they were invited and you're here vomiting rubbish. E sure me die say u no even read that piece before rushing to disgrace yourself.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Guide777(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
Twist4u:

I think Electronic voting should be strengthen and given preference, while the manual votes remain as checks.

This would largely eradicate human interference such INEC chairman and RECs in the voting process.

The current 2022 Electoral Act clearly gave too much power to the RECs and INEC chairman in the collation process.

Such that Resident Electoral Commissioners can single handedly cancel votes of an entire ward or LGA and it will stand. no police reports, nothing. What manner of rubbish is this, who are those that passed this law? subjecting an entire state election to the hands of one human being the Resident Electoral Commissioners. This is where the major scam take place. We saw this play out in ADAMAWA state where the REC rigged the election in favour of APC candidate initially.

Secondly, that the INEC CHAIRMAN can operate with discretion like deciding to declare a winner without verifying electronic collated votes. is very very unfortunate and I'll intentioned. As we saw Mahmood declared Tinubu out of his discretionary powers in 2023 election. This is ambiguity the EU commission seems to be referring.

Who ever appoints we the INEC chairman and RECs is not the problem, because they are humans and in Nigeria they can be influenced by the Executive.

The solution is enforcement of full electronic voting. Such that when you're successfully accredited by BVAS, on the same BVAS you will be able to cast your vote electronically and proceed to cast your vote manually to serve as checks or keeps for agents.

After the elections, where there's issues of rigging, the vote cast on the BVAS becomes the first reference point, while the hard copy compliment as checks.

By going this route INEC chairman and RECs influence on election will be reduced significant or eradicated.
I agree with you as regards complete electronic voting but they will still find a way around it if the operators like the Chairman of the electoral body is not independent from the person who is in charge of Executive arm of government. We should be able to separate them from executive like in appointment and in budgeting of fund. Secondly when we have electoral crime commission, they will enforcement of electoral offenders. There are alot of loopholes in our electoral system that's why people rig with impunity and they tell their opponents to go to court.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Guide777(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
Twist4u:

I think Electronic voting should be strengthen and given preference, while the manual votes remain as checks.

The current 2022 Electoral Act clearly gave too much power to the RECs and INEC chairman in the collation process.

I agree with you as regards complete electronic voting but they will still find a way around it if the operators like the Chairman of the electoral body is not independent from the person who is in charge of Executive arm of government. We should be able to separate them from executive like in appointment and in budgeting of fund. Secondly when we have electoral crime commission, they will enforcement of punishment on electoral offenders. There are alot of loopholes in our electoral system that's why people rig with impunity and they tell their opponents to go to court.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by dominic17: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
Why is APC supporters always allergic to the truth? Are they angels of darkness
TemplarLandry:
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Wildkat02: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Yeah.... Nigeria is a sovereign state and can keep fooling themselves as they want
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by able20(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The European Community is working for the Igbos maybe
But Nigeria can borrow and expect aids from the Europeans
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Masterito(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Shut up!!!! Yeneyen yen
TemplarLandry:
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by jozee8: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Sovereign State my foot!
But you go hand in cap and plate begging for loans and relief right?
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

When they criticize you, you quickly remember how sovereign you are.

But when it comes to borrowing, you immediately forget.

Remember to remind both your present and past presidents to stop running to their hospitals for treatment, and to their cities for "rest" but should use the ones they built in Nigeria where they have sovereignty.

2 Likes

Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Small boy, I'm not the type that screams to the moderators calling for your sanction... I have no words for you coz “every word wey I type I dey monetize am I nuh get energy” Go listen to “New Religion” by Olamide x Asake. You'llbe alright.

What about his post would warrant calling on a moderator?

Or you want to remind us how you own the forum?
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Bigkoko: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2023
How he managed to even get an invite is something i feel strongly agitated about.... Globally Tinubu is treated like a pig, an outcast. NOI had to break corporate protocol to show a pic with him, shaking two hands with a woman.....

They know he is a drug mule who once forfeit money, and also, very sick with stunting speech like bulablubla like cocotions......so everyone leave him alone.....

proeast:

Lol, continue deceiving yourself. Even in the just concluded global forum in France, Tinubu was treated as an outcast. Everyone ignored him while other African presidents had a great time.

The world knows that a criminal impostor is in charge in Nigeria.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by TheGift: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/eu-mission-2023-elections-lacked-transparency-trust-in-inec-severely-damaged/

Even the blind can see that INEC made a mess of the process and betrayed the highest trust that Nigerians ever reposed in them, with the utmost disdain and impunity.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by TheGift: 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:

It's like you don't like to hear the truth. Otherwise you will be more focused on what was said than who said it. Especially when the sayer is an Ekection Observer mission that was allowed onto the country by FG and INEC to do just that ; Observe.

Why does their observation bother you so much? Answer between yourself and your conscience.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by SKIBiNSKI(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin grin grin Yes, so is Russia. So Africans should stop poking their noses in Russia internal affairs which also include bombing Ukraine into pieces.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by SKIBiNSKI(m): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

When they criticize you, you quickly remain how sovereign you are.

But when it comes to borrowing, you immediately forget.

Remember to remind both your present and past presidents to stop running to their hospitals for treatment, and to their cities for "rest" but should use the ones they built in Nigeria where they have sovereignty.

Don't mind the idiat! grin
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by SKIBiNSKI(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

Sovereign state that its presidents go abroad for hear ache treatment

Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by zolajpower: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
taylor89:
See international disgrace

Because of a cocaine sniffer quest for power
They re foolish where were they br the swearing in and or inauguration? Were they not part of the observers? Rubbish useless observers
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Emyogalanya: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
once they correct una. Una go begin shout sovereign state rubbish
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by SKIBiNSKI(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
See how every comment on here is bashing the OP grin grin grin next time he will think twice before typing rubbish on here.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Nobody goes to EU when they need money.
Moreover, if they are to pay for the resources stolen, they haven't paid half of their debt yet.
Which resources exactly did they steal? Yours? grin how and when did they steal these resources you claim they stole? What an Ignorant assertion you have made.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by FatimaAbubakar(f): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

Small boy that can birth you 2x over. When shit like you talk, the whole world knows

See finishing for TemplarLandry cheesy

Small boy wey no wise
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by FatimaAbubakar(f): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Obo si grin 🎶Me I dey laugh you gan ni🎵🎶

YOUR LEVEL OF REASONING IS VERY LOW.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by TemplarLandry: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
You got to know this how?
FatimaAbubakar:

YOUR LEVEL OF REASONING IS VERY LOW.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by TemplarLandry: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
Funny.
FatimaAbubakar:

See finishing for TemplarLandry cheesy

Small boy wey no wise
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Ameduedwin: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Nigeria is a sovereign state but your candidate/your president running to that European countries for everything even there health, you are here talking rubish because European condern the abnormalities in this useless faked called election your inec conduct for Nigeria.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by Lordmayor629: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
You will suffer for this your comment...mark my comments
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by okey777(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
Does INEC need to get EU validation before knowing that average Nigerian has lost trust in it.
Re: EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged by MySolace: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Illiterate!! Can't u read and understand

Dey said dey were invited by d INEC.

Exposing ur generation poor mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines / Solomon Adaelu Gives Road Construction Machines To His Constituency In Abia. Pic / Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.