Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments (49491 Views)

CBN Sets $1m As Capital Requirement For International Money Transfer Operators / Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / CBN Sets Daily Limit Of N100,000 On Mobile USSD Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by oneman2k7: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
What is contactless payment.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by teepain: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
PHIPEX:
I noticed this nonsense today on my account. This is another policy somersault. This people are only interested in frustrating Nigerians.

How do you peg my daily transfer to 50k meaning we should all return to queuing in the banking hall? Why are we returning to 1990 Banking system instead of going forward?

The policy doesn't make much sense to me either, if it includes token enabled transactions, credit and debit transactions.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
smiley Oya someone come and explain o, it is okay in a sense because of fraudulent activities in Banks but the real issue is still identification ..People steal other people's ID in connivance with the banks and it is worst when you are a Politically Expose Person, your money would just be entering basket, especially if you have a lot of dependant that you are contactless with .
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Goalnaldo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
I now understand better..
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by iscom(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
OK
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by TollinsN: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
We are not interested in the technical language. Just tell us if we are sliding back to cashless policy
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by SmartyPants(m): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
iSense247:
This is preposterous. They should have given us reasons for this policy. 15k per transaction and 50k per day is too low in this inflation economy.

It's sad that government is controlling how we spend our own money.

You can spend higher - but you'll need to go to the bank to fill out some forms.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by olutoket(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
I pray that you people should not act like Emefiele, mind you the country we are is not as easy as that pls calm down to the level of those you are dealing with.... I MEAN THE FG.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by nedekid: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
PHIPEX:
I noticed this nonsense today on my account. This is another policy somersault. This people are only interested in frustrating Nigerians.

How do you peg my daily transfer to 50k meaning we should all return to queuing in the banking hall? Why are we returning to 1990 Banking system instead of going forward?
What they mean by contactless payment, is the one you use eg your phone that is nfc compatible, your bank atm card, your watch etc to touch eg an enabled POS machine, vending machine, ticketing machine etc and instantly payment is made without you imputing pin or sloting in a payment card.
When next you use a POS machine, check the top, you will see nfc written on the newer ones. It is there you touch your phone or card, instantly it beeps and money is taken.
In the uk, the cap on nfc transactions is 100 Pounds, I think per trasaction.
Cbn just released the cap on nfc newly being activated in Nigeria.
I just did a regular bank transaction few minutes ago from my Fcmb to Zenith Acc of well more than 50k and it went.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by JeffreyJunior: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
Is this not one of the reasons everyone is happy about what's happening to Emefuel, the former CBN governor?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Ellasure: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
Bebigiby1:
Before the 2023 presidential election, I warned Nigerians about the consequences of allowing Tinubu and APC's evil government to continue, many in this forum didn't listen but continue to support the evil government. This new policy is not so different from policies under Emefiele that led to the current economic disastrous situation we are facing today. Until Nigerians decide to overlook tribe, religion and fight these evil leaders things may get worse.... As it stands it is not getting better....

This policy just like the naira swap policy will violate people's right to spend and earn. It will further destroy Nigeria's economy....

your analysis has addressed only one view or drawback of this monetary policy. and it is a negative impact.

are there positive impact of the policy?

from the policy formulation presentation it appears that the CBN desire to have people showing up at there bank banking halls more regularly. it is pretty obvious that most people don't visit banking halls often as personal banking transactions are going through internet nowadays.

as many good people are doing internet transactions so also very bad people are also employing the internet banking facilities and systems to defraud and injure many people that comes into the dragnets of Nigerian criminals.

just imagine a situation where you are a person under kidnappers den and they captured you with your ATM cards and you have good enough money in your bank accounts. your kidnappers will drain the accounts before your account officer know what is going on with you and your account. a friend of mine lost a lot of money recently for this reason.

another one is members of the Nigerian police at roads check points demanding ATM cards from people and thereby withdraw money under duress from detainees .

slowing down the rate of money withdrawal from bank accounts can not affect a business negatively as long as your business partners or customers are aware that the money will come soon. a good business man does not go about with cash. payments for goods and services within one week of delivery of goods and services is always considered excellent as it is within time frame of business plans.

cash cash now now business are for starters and very small concern. I will also like to think that only criminals and criminal mindset will find it difficult to adjust real business to this CBN attempts to slow down heavy cash movements and the monitoring of use of money in the Nigerian economy.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Angelfrost(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You say?

Stop na!!!... Belle don dey pain me from laugh! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Tradepunter2: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
donproject2:

They said contactless payment, is the English used so difficult for you to decipher?

STFU and face front
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Drayco007(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
Someone explain this to me like you would a 10year old..
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
wolesmile:
Nigerians will not cease to disappoint due to their half baked Knowledge. Instead of them to seek to understand what contact contactless payment is before commenting, they'd rush to the comment section to spew trash all because they want to talk down on government policies.

I don't see anywhere u made an attempt to educate anyone on what "contactless payment" is but you chose to sound like you were born with the knowledge. How are u now better than those u condemn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Tannhauser(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

No need to be condescending... Hardship don already too much!

If you know better, make others that are less knowledgeable understand!

Besides, Albert Einstein once said and I quote:

"If you can't explain it to a six-year-old, then you don't understand it yourself”

I think that was Feynman not Einstein

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
The question is what is contactless payment.

Exactly. People shd try and read the post before concluding that they have limited their daily transactions.

Contactless payments is most likely starting soon in Nigeria whereby u just put ur atm card near d pos machine and transaction is completed. No need of inserting d card inside pos or inputing any pin.
Not sure any bank have started it in Nigeria yet. So i guess it’s a new development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Angelfrost(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2023
Tannhauser:

I think that was Feynman not Einstein

Really??!... Well, Most archives and quote sites attribute it to Einstein!
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by wolesmile(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2023
lexy2014:

I don't see anywhere u made any attempt to educate anyone on what "contactless payment" is but you chose to try to sound like you were born with the knowledge. How are u now better than those u condemn?

You're welcome. Love you too
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Angelfrost(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
lexy2014:

I don't see anywhere u made any attempt to educate anyone on what "contactless payment" is but you chose to try to sound like you were born with the knowledge. How are u now better than those u condemn?

Don't mind him... I just corrected another one above.

Pointless Arrogance is a disease of the average Black man!

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
The question is what is contactless payment.
Exactly, as I saw pre-paid cards aka ATM cards na him I know say this people never ready.

What I'm quite sure of is NFC is purely contactless but I doubt that of ATM cards.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by hyzich(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
PHIPEX:

You guys should always read before commenting. This for contact less payments not the regular transfers and cards transactions. Even in UK you can't do more than £100 per transaction

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by thunderbabs: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
CBN wahala no too much on top people money so....hiaaaa
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by grandstar(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Bebigiby1:
Before the 2023 presidential election, I warned Nigerians about the consequences of allowing Tinubu and APC's evil government to continue, many in this forum didn't listen but continue to support the evil government. This new policy is not so different from policies under Emefiele that led to the current economic disastrous situation we are facing today. Until Nigerians decide to overlook tribe, religion and fight these evil leaders things may get worse.... As it stands it is not getting better....

This policy just like the naira swap policy will violate people's right to spend and earn. It will further destroy Nigeria's economy....

The present cashless banking still exist.

This is simply an addition to it. It simply means that your card for instance does not need to touch the POS machine. You may just hover it above it and pronto,,,,,,

It is always best to be patient.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Goalnaldo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
tumababa:

Exactly. People shd try and read the post before concluding that they have limited their daily transactions.

Contactless payments is most likely starting soon in Nigeria whereby u just put ur atm card near d pos machine and transaction is completed. No need of inserting d card inside pos or inputing any pin.
Not sure any bank have started it in Nigeria yet. So i guess it’s a new development.
i dont think its secure. Someone can get your card and make payment.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Ellasure: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Fcwilly:
Everyday with new grammar

contactless transactions are done when you use your GSM phone to transact business and money services for payments without you going to your bank banking halls.

money or business transactions done by you without your meeting your bank accounts officers.

in short, money transactions done with your bank account through electronic devices without your official bank officer.

I hope you have gained some knowledge of contactless contacts banking transactions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by ibtommy(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2023
GWMI:
You people can't stop speaking nonsense na wa o
They should have asked for the meaning of "contactless payment" in the first place. If na to chop free female h*le now dem go understand. Yeye people people; educated illiterates!!! No mind them,sir.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by leisuretym: 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Tinubu and his "owo mi da" reforms.

It’s high time Atiku or Obi claim their mandate, APC clueless policies continue , are you saying I can’t buy more than 30 Litres of fuel at 500 per little as I can’t spend than 15k
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by CartelKenneth: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2023
Goalnaldo:

They can’t make payment without your pin/password

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Masterito(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2023
Lol
kingsways:
Nigerian bankers are the most brilliant set of Nigerians

Nigerian backing industry are the most innovative in the world
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2023
Goalnaldo:

Same feature is used in developed countries. Its for fast payment. That’s why its 50k limit per day.in uk its even 100£ per day. You should also be able to deactivate it on the mobile app.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Masterito(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Vows To Takeover Arsenal In 2021 / 6 Anambra Billionaires Who Started From Onitsha And Built National Brands / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.