Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments (49492 Views)

CBN Sets $1m As Capital Requirement For International Money Transfer Operators / Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / CBN Sets Daily Limit Of N100,000 On Mobile USSD Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Fcwilly: 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ellasure:

contactless transactions are done when you use your GSM phone to transact business and money services for payments without you going to your bank banking halls.

money or business transactions done by you without your meeting your bank accounts officers.

in short, money transactions done with your bank account through electronic devices without your official bank officer.

I hope you have gained some knowledge of contactless contacts banking transactions.

After cashless next na contactless

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by cardoctor(m): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
God help us
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by bizhop01: 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2023
I have no reason to pity Nigerians, Now Your Suffering Continue NYSC cool
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by XAUBulls: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
RubiesBanking:

A contactless payment does not require you to swipe your card though a POS machine or make interactive contact with your device to do a transfer before you make payment.

With contactless payment, you just hover your card or a device next to a supported machine and it's much more secure.

Any phone that is NFC [Near-Field Communication] enabled will also be able to utilize this feature, also you can use your credit or debit card if it has a RFID chip embedded in it.

Here's how a contactless payment typically works

1. The customer presents his contactless card or NFC enable phone over a POS terminal that accepts such payments
2. The wireless chip transmits card information
3. The payment terminal contact the bank
4. The card issuer transmits an approval or a denial.

Here is a small video explaining graphically what all this mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nldPwska-8

YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE ANYBODY CAN SCAN YOUR CARD AND EASILY MAKE FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3C2wK7TFP0c
Indeed.
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by peculiar2233: 12:10am On Jun 29, 2023
WhatIf:

Try to read and understand the context or content of the information well now.
You could have explained io him nah. Olo-shi

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Shancca: 12:32am On Jun 29, 2023
PHIPEX:
I noticed this nonsense today on my account. This is another policy somersault. This people are only interested in frustrating Nigerians.

How do you peg my daily transfer to 50k meaning we should all return to queuing in the banking hall? Why are we returning to 1990 Banking system instead of going forward?

Seriously, with your comment, it just confirmed to me that Nigerians have problem. Haha! 50k is even too much for contactless transactions. This is to protect you from theft in case you lost your card. UK's is £30. Beyond £30, you cannot use that card for contactless transaction. You have to opt for cash or some other means. To be honest, we might not see change in this country while we wait tirelessly for it. Damn!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by hush15: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2023
kingsways:
Nigerian bankers are the most brilliant set of Nigerians

Nigerian backing industry are the most innovative in the world

Walahi, too much sense no go kill this our government. See as dem use grammar tell Nigerians their transfer limit per day except you enter bank where I can’t still get over our billion president…. Hehehe.

Nigerians loves being scammed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by ify2016: 12:52am On Jun 29, 2023
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Bovis(m): 1:45am On Jun 29, 2023
Bebigiby1:
Before the 2023 presidential election, I warned Nigerians about the consequences of allowing Tinubu and APC's evil government to continue, many in this forum didn't listen but continue to support the evil government. This new policy is not so different from policies under Emefiele that led to the current economic disastrous situation we are facing today. Until Nigerians decide to overlook tribe, religion and fight these evil leaders things may get worse.... As it stands it is not getting better....

This policy just like the naira swap policy will violate people's right to spend and earn. It will further destroy Nigeria's economy....

You lots (Obi supporters) are really stupid, the contactless daily/spending limit is there to protect the customer against overspending should they lose their cards and it gets into the wrong hands. Most EU countries have a lower spending limit on contactless payments

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Mcslize: 1:53am On Jun 29, 2023
RubiesBanking:

A contactless payment does not require you to swipe your card though a POS machine or make interactive contact with your device to do a transfer before you make payment.

With contactless payment, you just hover your card or a device next to a supported machine and it's much more secure.

Any phone that is NFC [Near-Field Communication] enabled will also be able to utilize this feature, also you can use your credit or debit card if it has a RFID chip embedded in it.

Here's how a contactless payment typically works

1. The customer presents his contactless card or NFC enable phone over a POS terminal that accepts such payments
2. The wireless chip transmits card information
3. The payment terminal contact the bank
4. The card issuer transmits an approval or a denial.

Here is a small video explaining graphically what all this mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nldPwska-8

YOU ALSO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE ANYBODY CAN SCAN YOUR CARD AND EASILY MAKE FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3C2wK7TFP0c

cc. Sablexxxtoons yaki84 PHIPEX

Wahala dey o for who no go school o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by treatise: 1:57am On Jun 29, 2023
obailala:

This is for contactless payments, not your regular transfer or card payment.

With contactless payment cards, all you need do is bring your card close to a compliant POS machine and payment would be automatically taken from your card without you having to insert the card in the machine or inputting your pin. Contactless payments don't exist in Nigeria YET; I'm guessing they're just about to introduce it. But I doubt it would work in Nigeria though, especially given the sheer number of fraudsters we have.

This clip should be able to allay your fears :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkHo-IOyus

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by walex2(m): 2:39am On Jun 29, 2023
wolesmile:
Nigerians will not cease to disappoint due to their half baked Knowledge. Instead of them to seek to understand what contact contactless payment is before commenting, they'd rush to the comment section to spew trash all because they want to talk down on government policies.
some of them are half baked nonsense, expecially those Obi supporters, there capacity to process information is next to nothing. They argue blindly without knowing the context of a message. The reason most of them believe non transmission of result is an evidence of Obi winning the election without knowing each political party agents have original result sheets from polling unit to national collation centre, but no matter how you educate them they will still choose the way of pardition.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Enemyofpeace: 2:51am On Jun 29, 2023
Me I no understand this new policy o. Someone should please help me to simplify it
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by FRS(m): 3:07am On Jun 29, 2023
obailala:

With contactless payment cards, all you need do is bring your card close to a compliant POS machine and payment would be automatically taken from your card without you having to insert the card in the machine or inputting your pin. Contactless payments don't exist in Nigeria YET; I'm guessing they're just about to introduce it. But I doubt it would work in Nigeria though, especially given the sheer number of fraudsters we have.
It exists for a while now, I use it especially when my card chip is dirty and not reading the card. It started with GTB Mastercard but there's no awareness of it so people don't know. I have been using it for the past 10 months.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by LOVEGINO(m): 3:21am On Jun 29, 2023
Bebigiby1:
Before the 2023 presidential election, I warned Nigerians about the consequences of allowing Tinubu and APC's evil government to continue, many in this forum didn't listen but continue to support the evil government. This new policy is not so different from policies under Emefiele that led to the current economic disastrous situation we are facing today. Until Nigerians decide to overlook tribe, religion and fight these evil leaders things may get worse.... As it stands it is not getting better....

This policy just like the naira swap policy will violate people's right to spend and earn. It will further destroy Nigeria's economy....
na wa oooo. U know wetin be contactless payment at all. Silly excuses everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:35am On Jun 29, 2023
Most people won’t still get this right grin

13.8M still coming for me soonest
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by bjtinz: 3:50am On Jun 29, 2023
U
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Idbaba01: 3:59am On Jun 29, 2023
We have contacless payment in Nigeria Gtbank has Squard

With contactless payment cards, all you need do is bring your card close to a compliant POS machine and payment would be automatically taken from your card without you having to insert the card in the machine or inputting your pin. Contactless payments don't exist in Nigeria YET; I'm guessing they're just about to introduce it. But I doubt it would work in Nigeria though, especially given the sheer number of fraudsters we have.[/quote]
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by AFOXTJ: 4:02am On Jun 29, 2023
You don't have sense.
Read between the lines and understand what's contactless payment....

A contactless payment is not a transaction between myself and you..

The last paragraph of the post should give you what you need.
But your hatred for Tinubu won't allow you to understand simple English... Pathetic

Bebigiby1:

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by bjtinz: 4:08am On Jun 29, 2023
tumababa:

Exactly. People shd try and read the post before concluding that they have limited their daily transactions.

Contactless payments is most likely starting soon in Nigeria whereby u just put ur atm card near d pos machine and transaction is completed. No need of inserting d card inside pos or inputing any pin.
Not sure any bank have started it in Nigeria yet. So i guess it’s a new development.

I've seen QR codes for payment where you hover your phone camera over the merchant's code and debit is done. Seen it in some shops.Never used it though
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by samcolee(m): 4:13am On Jun 29, 2023
PHIPEX:
I noticed this nonsense today on my account. This is another policy somersault. This people are only interested in frustrating Nigerians.

How do you peg my daily transfer to 50k meaning we should all return to queuing in the banking hall? Why are we returning to 1990 Banking system instead of going forward?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by BluntCrazeMan: 4:21am On Jun 29, 2023
Una don start again.?

Una no dey taaya to charge us unnecessarily.?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Jeffyblaq(m): 4:53am On Jun 29, 2023
Nobody should throw any banter at any one on this by calling him/her an ignorant fella... Itz actually confusing without proper sensitization.

We all should also inculcate the habit of reading/understanding b4 typing.....

Thanks to you all who tried to make us understand this write up.

Itz crazy out there folks.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by lexy2014: 5:30am On Jun 29, 2023
Shancca:

Seriously, with your comment, it just confirmed to me that Nigerians have problem. Haha! 50k is even too much for contactless transactions. This is to protect you from theft in case you lost your card. UK's is £30. Beyond £30, you cannot use that card for contactless transaction. You have to opt for cash or some other means. To be honest, we might not see change in this country while we wait tirelessly for it. Damn!

are you from zimbabwe?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by highoctane: 5:38am On Jun 29, 2023
obailala:

I don't comment on what I did not try or experienced

Your explanation ain't in order.
I woke up by 4.06am, that's my usual wake up, to read about this news.
I tried to transfer the sum of 50k from my OPAY to my Gtbank account, the response was I have exceeded my daily transfer, the transfer was declined, I scaled it down to 45k, the response was your transfer fee will be #405. The transfer was successful, I want to reverse the transfer from my Gtbank account to OPAY,same response, same result.
What you gonna say or explain once again about this?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by smasher1(m): 5:40am On Jun 29, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
The question is what is contactless payment.

Payment using ATM or debit card that have near field communication. It doesn't affect transactions on your bank app or internet banking.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by goodmuscopi(m): 6:03am On Jun 29, 2023
PHIPEX:

You don't even know what contactless transaction mean. Before jumping into the thread

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by goodmuscopi(m): 6:09am On Jun 29, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Does that mean we can't transfer more than 50k
No. Most of those comment are out of ignorance. ATM MOBILE APP are not contactless transactions. Most of us don't even know what it is.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by goodmuscopi(m): 6:11am On Jun 29, 2023
Bebigiby1:

Don't be so forward. when You are ignorant of the subject matter.
Can you even define what contactless transaction is?

1 Like

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by SLOVFO(m): 6:11am On Jun 29, 2023
wolesmile:
Nigerians will not cease to disappoint due to their half baked Knowledge. Instead of them to seek to understand what contact contactless payment is before commenting, they'd rush to the comment section to spew trash all because they want to talk down on government policies.

I thought the government has a ministry of communication? What stops the government from enlightening the public about this new policy seeing that it's subject to misinterpretation?
Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by Yseone(m): 6:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Because we did not complete the 1990 banking system process.
PHIPEX:

Re: CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments by SLOVFO(m): 6:15am On Jun 29, 2023
Bovis:

You lots (Obi supporters) are really stupid, the contactless daily/spending limit is there to protect the customer against overspending should they lose their cards and it gets into the wrong hands. Most EU countries have a lower spending limit on contactless payments

What if he is Atiku's supporter? Must everything be about Obi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Anambra Billionaires Who Started From Onitsha And Built National Brands / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured) / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.