Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA (35435 Views)

NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria / Imo Is Capital Of Drug Abuse In Southern Nigeria –NDLEA / Why U.S, UK, Others Are Monitoring Magu’s Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by condralbedez: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2023
LeoDeKing:
After taking kwale weed. angry
Bros leave us alone abeg grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2023
He just had to answer the question on behalf of all Nigerians😄
You can't compare developed countries to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Teeroyzimma: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2023
mariovito:
The whole world declared war against a harmless herb, yet herb keeps winning.
harmless herb indeed, same harmless herb wey give boys ginger to rob my house
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by LusadaTim: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2023

Zealot S64 vibe machine 50w massive bass

🔋 40 hours battery life
✴️ SD CARD
🔘 1 year warranty
⭕💯Brand new
🌊 AUX // USB
🔺 Touch Button
🔻 High Bass

Pay on delivery

1 Share

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Donaj1: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2023
If Marijuana is bad why do Rizzler have Nafdac number? Nigeria is a bleeped country
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Ajems2016: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
LeoDeKing:
After sufficient dose of kwale weed, two guys having conversation;

First guy: I fell from a 12-storey building 9 years ago.

Second guy: Did you die?

First guy: Bro, I can't remember oh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by benqo01(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2023
I DONT SMOKE WEED,BUT IT IS ALSO MEDICINAL ACCORDING TO WHAT I HAVE RESEARCHED SO FAR ON D INTERNET I EVEN HEARD IT HELPS IN HAIR GROWTH.....IF I WILL PICK IT IS WEED OVER CIGARETTES, CIGARETTES IS VERY VERY DANGEROUS
AND MORE HARMFUL TO D HEALTH THAN WEED

INFACT IT IS A NATURAL PLANT THAT GROWS AT THE BACK OF SOME PEOPLE FARM.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by SunMusk(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2023
Which money, or you think the US and Canada is every states that legalised it, is individual state and region. Common istore Nigeria no fit get. U have to look at the purchasing power of individual countries. Companies fight for it to be legalise. Let someone starts a cannabis company and fight for it in the right way if the government will not try to legalise. Monetary we will not make much compare to other sectors. So agrue from the side of health.. If it is healthy for you and u see it as food then fight for it to be legalise. But money I laugh 😂
Bigchristo:
The one in theK and US Canada are not better and healthier than our own here stop lying to yourselves government is losing millions of revenues from the illegal use of marijuana
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Bigchristo: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2023
SunMusk:
Which money, or you think the US and Canada is every states that legalised it, is individual state and region. Common istore Nigeria no fit get. U have to look at the purchasing power of individual countries. Companies fight for it to be legalise. Let someone starts a cannabis company and fight for it in the right way if the government will not try to legalise. Monetary we will not make much compare to other sectors. So agrue from the side of health.. If it is healthy for you and u see it as food then fight for it to be legalise. But money I laugh 😂
Company here that will fight for it will also be criticized or probably got arrested by the government and NDLEA, the truth remains that government make revenue from those things abroad most especially Canada they legalize it n set kilogram of what an individual can buy
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Bigchristo: 7:53am On Jun 29, 2023
LusadaTim:

Zealot S64 vibe machine 50w massive bass

🔋 40 hours battery life
✴️ SD CARD
🔘 1 year warranty
⭕💯Brand new
🌊 AUX // USB
🔺 Touch Button
🔻 High Bass

Pay on delivery

JBL that has the most expensive and sophisticated speaker don’t guarantee anyone of 40hrs play time, Abeg try market your product without exaggerating it
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Morphinne: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
This man is talking rubbish.. so legalised canada loud is weaker than our local weed ?

Don't use big English to lie..thc is higher in legal foreign weed than our local weed

Its just hypocrisy and extortion as well as dangerous for weed to be illegal and tobacco is legal
Why don’t you focus on the part where he said those foreign countries have stronger regulations and regulatory bodies? So you would be happy if Nigeria is turned to another Mexico and other Latin countries where the cartels are more powerful than the government and the armed forces combined? Also you comparing cannabis (THC/cannabinol ) to Tobacco (nicotine) is quite ridiculous because while nicotine is more dangerous to your health, at least, it only affects the user but I’m sure you don’t want to have a society where everyone is high on cannabinol or meth. The day you fully grow up to understand the societal risks posed by the excessive use and trafficking of drugs is the day you fully know why the Arabs, other Asian governments and even recently, South Africans (kicking against ibo drug dealers) are strictly kicking against them to preserve the sanity of their citizens before they go haywire like most Latin Americans.
Very soon and if the govt agrees to legalize cannabis, ppl like you would start scheming for the legalization of other psychoactive Drugs. Asking Nigeria to legalize weed since it’s legal in many parts of the US and Canada knowing fully well how weak our institutions are is as foolish as asking the Nigeria govt to legalize the use of guns since it’s legal in many states in the US.
Major take-home points here are, while Nicotine use is more dangerous medically to the user, it doesn’t pose as much societal mess as other psychoactive Drugs such as meth, coke and cannabis. Nicotine medical mess only affects the user (which I don’t care as long as na only yourself you go kill)
Point 2, Nigeria lacks strong regulatory institutions, legalizing the use of cannabis will be catastrophic and will only birth uncontrolled consumption of other hard substances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by cigaricon(m): 8:01am On Jun 29, 2023
People who don't use Cannabis talking trash about sh*t they don't know about. THC not in foreign decriminalized weed? I laugh in Bangladesh

What about Tobacco and Alcohol? If the well being of the nation is what you really care about, you'll move towards illegalizing the above too.

Bunch of Nitwits angry

1 Like

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Ekeneegwu(m): 8:04am On Jun 29, 2023
OYA go and sit down jorr… you say you’re thinking about the health of the nation … why not ban cigarettes, make we kuku believe you … Nigeria now have higher health and safety policies than USA .. lol
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by BreconHills(m): 8:05am On Jun 29, 2023
adecz:

These so-called Nigerian experts
will be quoting what they don't know.

👉Igbo is Igbo and the active ingredient is
what cures or treats illnesses. Jamaican
Rastafarians have known this for centuries,
but it's only now that oyibo are realising
that those Jamaican ganja 🌱🌿smokers🚬🚬
we're right..👍

This is why Jamacia live longer than anyone else. Beni. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by cigaricon(m): 8:16am On Jun 29, 2023
kay29000:

While cigarettes affects your physical health (which affects just the user), marijuana affects people's mental, which can turn them to a menace to the society. There is a big difference.

I can never forget the first time I ate SK... I almost lost my mind. I looked in the mirror, in my mind, I wasn't smiling but in the mirror, I was smiling. After that experience, I never tried that again.

That's because it's not meant to be eaten. You either smoke it or vaporize it. You are the main abuser here now
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Bestgamers: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Morphinne:

Why don’t you focus on the part where he said those foreign countries have stronger regulations and regulatory bodies? So you would be happy if Nigeria is turned to another Mexico and other Latin countries where the cartels are more powerful than the government and the armed forces combined? Also you comparing cannabis (THC/cannabinol ) to Tobacco (nicotine) is quite ridiculous because while nicotine is more dangerous to your health, at least, it only affects the user but I’m sure you don’t want to have a society where everyone is high on cannabinol or meth. The day you fully grow up to understand the societal risks posed by the excessive use and trafficking of drugs is the day you fully know why the Arabs, other Asian governments and even recently, South Africans (kicking against ibo drug dealers) are strictly kicking against them to preserve the sanity of their citizens before they go haywire like most Latin Americans.
Very soon and if the govt agrees to legalize cannabis, ppl like you would start scheming for the legalization of other psychoactive Drugs. Asking Nigeria to legalize weed since it’s legal in many parts of the US and Canada knowing fully well how weak our institutions are is as foolish as asking the Nigeria govt to legalize the use of guns since it’s legal in many states in the US.
Major take-home points here are, while Nicotine use is more dangerous medically to the user, it doesn’t pose as much societal mess as other psychoactive Drugs such as meth, coke and cannabis. Nicotine medical mess only affects the user (which I don’t care as long as na only yourself you go kill)
Point 2, Nigeria lacks strong regulatory institutions, legalizing the use of cannabis will be catastrophic and will only birth uncontrolled consumption of other hard substances.
It is important to consider the aspect mentioned regarding stronger regulations and regulatory bodies in foreign countries. However, it is crucial to avoid a scenario where Nigeria faces similar challenges as some Latin American countries with powerful cartels. Comparing cannabis (THC/cannabinol) to tobacco (nicotine) may not be a fair comparison, as the societal risks associated with excessive drug use and trafficking should be taken into account. The concerns raised by various governments, including Arab, Asian, and South African authorities, highlight the need to preserve the well-being of citizens. Legalizing cannabis could potentially pave the way for advocating the legalization of other psychoactive drugs, which poses additional risks. Nigeria's weak institutions further emphasize the potential catastrophic consequences of legalizing cannabis, leading to uncontrolled consumption of other substances.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by basork: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Please put enabling laws and environment to attract export of our varieties and earn foreign exchange instead of burning farms. We can also grade the cannabis based on content level of the active ingredients. State governors should make laws to support controlled use and raise their Igr.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by zoedew: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2023
MrNotAgain:

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/28/why-cannabis-use-in-us-uk-others-differs-from-nigeria-ndlea/

Mynd44 Nlfpmod Lalasticlala
Besides, in the unlikely event users run amok in the developed world in the course of using the substances there are safety nets in place through social welfare services such as sanatoriums and other social welfare support and rehabilitation services to catch their fall. In Nigeria such users are typically O.Y.O. roaming the streets and becoming an embarrassment and very present danger to the larger society.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Eriokanmi: 8:21am On Jun 29, 2023
LordofNaija:

Ikedi Ohakim
He's a former governor in the south (could be south west, south south or south east), very popular, a lawyer and a former minister
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by dewiseacre(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2023
I remember Kara weed in UI back then.. I literally walked back home on my head!

Thank you for salvation Jesus!

4 Likes

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by zoedew: 8:23am On Jun 29, 2023
dewiseacre:
I remember Kara weed in UI back then.. I literally walked back home on my head!

Thank you for salvation Jesus!
I greatly rejoice with you. Countless others who travelled the same route never recovered and have come to a stop in life and destiny.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:30am On Jun 29, 2023
Your health and well-being is important, don't be deceived by the effect.
TemplarLandry:
Hypocrisy is the major bane of we humans. This wonderful herb is harmless unlike lab-produced substances like Crystal Meth, Blow, and the rest but people tend to abuse everything. I love me some sticky icky.
I dedicate “The Next Episode” by Dr. Dre feat. Nate Dogg, Kurupt & Snoop Dogg to all responsible people out here. Great jam!
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Morphinne: 8:37am On Jun 29, 2023
DADYLEED:
If cigeratemte affect the physical health of the user and the user come get lung sickness come die for street, and the body come wrothy are the societal people not disturbed by the smell?and is that not still problems to the society? Look dey well oo. shocked
Ridiculous analogy but still deserves a reply, tho🤣
Since the excessive use of cigarettes killed just only him, no wahala, our morticians are ever ready to do their job. His body would even serve as a rich source of organic mineral for our soil and as such, our farmers would spend less on harmful fertilizers (the positive part of his death😂)
Again, please, stop comparing nicotine with cannabinol. You need no research to know that nobody kills or robs people with clear mind and eyes. Most criminals need psychoactive substances to carry out what nobody would ordinarily want to try. An opioid user has more chance of committing a crime than non-user. If you use morphine, a pain-killing opiate for instance, you fear no one because you feel no pain. We will harshly deal with you lots who try to turn our motherland into a cartel-plagued society like South America. It all started with their Governments’ lackadaisical attitude and response towards drug use and today, the cartels, running multibillion dollars industry in the Caribbean are more powerful than the government and most countries’ armed forces. You will soon understand why the igbos are wise enough to not destroy their homeland with drugs but prefer to destroy other peoples’ land and children (South Africa and many Asian countries). They swiftly stopped the use of ice (mkpuru miri) in their region but they are found everywhere selling same to other people’s children and lands yet we keep shouting xenophobia.
Google the number of our south eastern brothers that are languishing in various Asian prisons over drug-related offenses. Again, Nigeria lacks the regulatory framework to control dosage and general use. Should we also legalize the use of guns since the ‘saner clime’s government’ made it legal in their own country?

2 Likes

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by zoedew: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2023
LordofNaija:

Ikedi Ohakim
Little wonder Ikedi Ohakim’s life went South and has remained there till date. Today, his name is not worth the paper it is written on!
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Morphinne: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2023
Bestgamers:

It is important to consider the aspect mentioned regarding stronger regulations and regulatory bodies in foreign countries. However, it is crucial to avoid a scenario where Nigeria faces similar challenges as some Latin American countries with powerful cartels. Comparing cannabis (THC/cannabinol) to tobacco (nicotine) may not be a fair comparison, as the societal risks associated with excessive drug use and trafficking should be taken into account. The concerns raised by various governments, including Arab, Asian, and South African authorities, highlight the need to preserve the well-being of citizens. Legalizing cannabis could potentially pave the way for advocating the legalization of other psychoactive drugs, which poses additional risks. Nigeria's weak institutions further emphasize the potential catastrophic consequences of legalizing cannabis, leading to uncontrolled consumption of other substances.

Exactly the point. Why would anyone in his right senses compare nicotine, that is found in many of the food we eat everyday (tomatoes, potatoes, teas and coffees) to a cannabinoid?
The societal risk of legalizing cannabis sativa obviously outweighs both the monetary and medicinal gains.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by zoedew: 8:51am On Jun 29, 2023
OKOATA:
Bro I used to think like you do too, same thing happened to someone around until we found out he was adding colos to it, spoilt his ear drum and he's currently mad now. Those that weed spoilt their brains go check well their linages have recurrent experiences of mad people, the weed could be a trigger or some kind of coincidence.
Na serious mata! Roving Professors without classrooms. Mad folks you come across who converse in excellent spoken English are victims of cannabis use, abuse and addiction.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Draslo(m): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
This man is talking rubbish.. so legalised canada loud is weaker than our local weed ?

Don't use big English to lie..thc is higher in legal foreign weed than our local weed

Its just hypocrisy and extortion as well as dangerous for weed to be illegal and tobacco is legal
The man is a stupid liar
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2023
BULLSHÌT!! cigarette 🚬 is more harmful yet it's legal. People die of alcohol poison everyday, and 75% of accident on d road is due to alcohol yet its legal, because d collect tax on cigarette nd alcohol. But d government cant tax weed sellers, any1 can grow weed in der house, sell it nd d government wont know about it, dats y weed is still illegal. D can't control it.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by OKOATA(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2023
zoedew:

Na serious mata! Roving Professors without classrooms. Mad folks you come across who converse in excellent spoken English are victims of cannabis use, abuse and addiction.
Google said it could be generics too.

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by Proudlyomonna: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

No mind the man,He is just capping shit.

Reminds me of when I was still doing ngwori grin I smoke Jamaican critical begin dey use my phone touchlight dey look for my phone oo grin

Abeg smoking no be good thing,make them no legalize am,the average person for nija already get weak mental health,make them no worsen the situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by BrutusOj(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2023
WATCHOVER:

The Man is not talking rubbish, you just need to calm down, Nigeria law enforcement and regulations are weak.
Who are the law enforcement agents? Is the man not one of them? The laws have been made, it's left for them to enforce it but they wouldn't do so rightly.
Re: Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA by zoedew: 9:45am On Jun 29, 2023
OKOATA:
Google said it could be generics too.
Google response makes little meaning when a fellow starts roaming around talking little nonsense after drags of cannabis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwara State Governor-elect Visits Bola Tinubu. / Panic Grips Buhari’s Ministers / Buhari, Saraki Handshake: Dele Momodu, APC React

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.