Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,018 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m (13103 Views)

Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. / Angry PSG Fans Hang Banners In Protest Of Possible Pogba Signing From Man Utd / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by ogbiwa: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal have signed Germany forward Kai Havertz from Chelsea on a five-year deal until 2028 for £65m.

The 24-year-old spent three years at Stamford Bridge after joining from Bayer Leverkusen for £71m.

The fee for Havertz, who scored nine goals for the Blues last season, could rise with add-ons.

Havertz has scored 19 goals in 91 Premier League appearances and hit the winner in the 2021 Champions League final against Manchester City.

He moves across London as Mikel Arteta looks to strengthen his Arsenal side following qualification for the Champions League after a six-year absence.

Havertz said it was "with a heavy heart" that he was saying goodbye to Chelsea's fans.

"A big thank you for all your support, we achieved a dream of winning the Champions League together," he added.

Speaking on the Arsenal website after his transfer had been announced, Havertz said his aim was to "win trophies" with his new club.

"It's super exciting for me to be joining this amazing club and to be part of the Arsenal family," said Havertz. "This club has such a big history, and I hope we can achieve lots of things.

"The mentality in the Arsenal squad is very high and you can feel that. That was one of the reasons why it has been so hard to play against Arsenal recently.

"The aim is to win trophies and I'm going to give everything to do that for the supporters and everyone at the club. I'm now looking forward to meeting all the players and the staff when we come back for pre-season."

Arsenal have also submitted a third bid worth £105m for West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice.

Chelsea are seeking to reduce their squad size and sold Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic to Manchester City on Tuesday, while fellow midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek is close to joining AC Milan.

N'Golo Kante has agreed a deal with a Saudi Arabian team, while goalkeeper Edouard Mendy and defender Kalidou Koulibaly have moved to the Saudi Pro League with Al-Ahli.

Midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko has also left the club as a free agent.

The new ownership at Chelsea want to avoid letting players enter the final two years of their deals and Havertz, whose contract had been due to run out in 2025, did not agree an extension at the club.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65984991

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by ArchiLimited: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal look like they're finally showing real ambition. I like where they're going

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Stomoney(m): 7:37am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal really mean business ahead next season
Nice one

For Man city to have broke the UCL curse I see Arsenal breaking the PL curse next year
Believe it or not💯

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Jorussia(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
I hope to be proven wrong.kai havertz is not a player arsenal need

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Likoya: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
Deleted

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by shadelek(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
With Declan Rice on the way, I believe Arsenal are really doing well but that doesn't change the fact that it'll take time for them to win EPL and UCL.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Dujardin(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal is cooking something

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by purplekayc(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
sad
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by ATEAMS: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2023
Indeed
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Emperormartin(m): 10:56am On Jun 29, 2023
He's an arsenal kind of player even when he was playing in Chelsea...

22 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by nairalee(m): 10:56am On Jun 29, 2023
Nice signing KAI Havertz.... Once they sign Declan RICE

then we can now say Arsenal are feasting on KAI KAI AND RICE

22 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by paranorman(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
I think he'll do well at Arsenal.

9 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Up Gunnerz!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by owiko(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal, my Arsenal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by TriCee: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal on a spending spree. They really want to ensure good outings at the UCL.

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
ok
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by RECTEM: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Chelsea selling off all their player. Relegation 100% sure next season

Who's winning Next Epl Season
Like for Arsenal
Share for Man city

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by mbahdi(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Welcome lad
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Moyolamusilo(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Okay
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by nnadychuks(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Abeg mo Ona no vex o… why dem buy dis Havertz guy?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Ofunaofu: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal means business this time around

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Shurtman79(m): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2023
Really harvert in Arsenal jersey nothing is impossible under the tree grin

13 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by baralatie(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
Conyto hartvertz
Propoerous time at arsenal.with 36 goals in this new season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2023
Good luck to player and club!

It would be great to see a revival in him as we saw with Jesus and Zinchenko.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by baralatie(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2023
nnadychuks:
Abeg mo Ona no vex o… why dem buy dis Havertz guy?
Arsenal attack force wanned down when they needed it close to the end of last season.
When it started mid season the mid field was shored up with jorgiho but no support up front

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by DEROXMAN: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2023
Emperormartin:
He's an arsenal kind of player even when he was playing in Chelsea...
wink i swear he looks like them sef

11 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:06am On Jun 29, 2023
While I like this signing I have a problem with having two striker who are not renown goal scorers. Throughout his stay at city Jesus struggled to hit even the 15goal mark in a single season. He is not just a good goal scorers. Other aspect of his game are excellent, But goals scoring is not just his point. Kai Harvaz too is similar only slower and less aggressive. Technically yes but not a top tear goal scorer. If we are going to compete with city I say will go for it in one fell swoop and get for ourself an out and out striker. A 20 goal marksman. Not easy to get but certainly not an impossible task.

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by MorolayoVictor(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2023
Thank God o

#Blues4Life

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Risingblue008(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2023
Fr
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by MykellOni(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2023
T

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Atletico Madrid Bigger Threat Than Real Madrid" - Barca Coach Ernesto Valverde / Everton FC Announce Sean Dyche As New Manager / Lyon Beat Wolfsburg, Clinch Record Women's Champions League Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.