Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,240 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m (13132 Views)

Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. / Angry PSG Fans Hang Banners In Protest Of Possible Pogba Signing From Man Utd / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Landowner101(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2023
Another jorginho, updated version
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by baralatie(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:
While I like this signing I have a problem with having two striker who are not renown goal scorers. Throughout his stay at city Jesus struggled to hit even the 15goal mark in a single season. He is not just a good goal scorers. Other aspect of his game are excellent, But goals scoring is not just his point. Kai Harvaz too is similar only slower and less aggressive. Technically yes but not a top tear goal scorer. If we are going to compete with city I say will go for it in one fell swoop and get for ourself an out and out striker. A 20 goal marksman. Not easy to get but certainly not an impossible task.
Which club will sell you it's 20 goal striker?
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by BabaO2: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2023
This guy and Mount will haunt Chelsea back.
No need of selling intelligent players because of stewpid coaches.
Mount will soon turn to be the worst decision ever made by chelsea if sold. Debryune, MoSallah, Delan Rice, Mosialla ... easily come to mind

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Benwallt(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2023
ArchiLimited:
Arsenal look like they're finally showing real ambition. I like where they're going

Back to the dustbin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

Which club will sell you it's 20 goal striker?

I noted its not easy, but certainly not impossible.

If you get harvaz for almost 70m, You can add some decent 30m and get a 100m striker seeing all of them are highly overprice this days. But my main point is Jesus and harvaz are both similar they like to drop deep hence have little goals in them.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Mitsurugi(m): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:
While I like this signing I have a problem with having two striker who are not renown goal scorers. Throughout his stay at city Jesus struggled to hit even the 15goal mark in a single season. He is not just a good goal scorers. Other aspect of his game are excellent, But goals scoring is not just his point. Kai Harvaz too is similar only slower and less aggressive. Technically yes but not a top tear goal scorer. If we are going to compete with city I say will go for it in one fell swoop and get for ourself an out and out striker. A 20 goal marksman. Not easy to get but certainly not an impossible task.

Havertz is not a striker. He made his name in the 8, 10 and wing positions. He's here to replace Xhaka.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2023
Mitsurugi:

Havertz is not a striker. He made his name in the 8, 10 and wing positions.

Yes i know. But Chelsea utilize him as one And arsenal are signing him as one. Plus he can't play that role (cool at arsenal. Odegard already has that lock down. And wing is between matinelli and Saka.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Lifestone(m): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

I noted not its not easy, but certainly not impossible.

If you get harvaz for almost 70m, You can add some decent 30m and get a 100m striker seeing all of them are highly overprice this days. But my main point is Jesus and harvaz are both similar they like to drop deep hence have little goals in them.
Haaland came cheaper
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by tolue42(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

I'm a Chelsea fan but I think Osimeh would be a perfect striker for arsenal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by baralatie(m): 11:24am On Jun 29, 2023
tolue42:

I'm a Chelsea fan but I think Osimeh would be a perfect striker for arsenal
He is not for sale
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by tonywonder(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

Havertz is not a striker! He is an attacking Midfielder meant to play behind the striker!! That's where his real strengths are!!! Chelsea misused him as a striker because he's also a versatile player and that made him not play to his full strength

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by baralatie(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2023
Lifestone:

Haaland came cheaper
The bidfor haaland was not a problem that is why city got him for £51 million .imagine if Paris st. Germaine,madris was interested you think city would have smelt him.
Then arsenal was not even in the mind of the boy even with £70 million.
So it is complicated
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2023
Lifestone:

Haaland came cheaper

Yes. but there are many bits of negotiations we can not see from this distance. We are both road side analysts. Plus aside his sign on He could be sitting on huge weekly wages that many clubs may not be able to afford. So sign on fee is one aspect. Personal terms may be another. he is at par with osimen if not slightly higher. Do you think you can get osimen for 60 or even 80mi? If thats is what we are really talking about?
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Emola12(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2023
Stomoney:
Arsenal really mean business ahead next season
Nice one

For Man city to have broke the UCL curse I see Arsenal breaking the PL curse next year
Believe it or not💯
pray make you no meet man city for quarter final again
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Fatbam005: 11:34am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:
Apart from Halland and Kane and perhaps Salah. Epl is short of 20 plus strikers every season

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Emola12(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2023
Dujardin:
Arsenal is cooking something
they are cooking group stage eliminate and outside top4 next season dey play
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Mitsurugi(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

Yes i know. But Chelsea utilize him as one And arsenal are signing him as one. Plus he can't play that role (cool at arsenal. Odegard already has that lock down. And wing is between matinelli and Saka.

No. Check out Arteta's plan for him. His versatility is key but he'll be doing what Xhaka did last season. Advanced midfielder. Did you ever wonder why Xhaka always ghosted into the box 18 at crucial moments without being seen. His goals and assists came from such game play.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/28/arsenal-mikel-arteta-drops-hint-kai-havertz-position-chelsea-transfer-19033634/?ico=mosaic_sport
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by EnterpriseMan: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Is he really needed? I don't see an Arsenal player he can replace..

Maybe for the bench tho
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Fatbam005:
Apart from Halland and Kane and perhaps Salah. Epl is short of 20 plus strikers every season

True. The world of football is short of it generally. The great Madrid is short of it with benzema out, who is his replacement? Baca is just Making do with an aging lewandoski, Bayern currently with chipa. Currently there is no prolific striker plus they are all overprice. The best bet for most coaches is to build and all round team one in which everyone can chip in goals. Cuz there is lots of money but quality is just running out. So like I said it is difficult but certainly not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Georgejeez: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
If only my papa agree to sponsor me to go and play football, maybe by no I for don dey drive G wagon....But according to him, i should go to school first then after school, I can focus on football. May God not allow us to have Unexposed and ignorant parents in our next life..

Amen o , if my Father had seen the light and allowed me , by now I would have been the Next Enyeama manning the goalpost for the Super Eagles instead of these overfed Chickens Uzoho and that Model Okoye ..

My heart bleeds each time I see SE concede cheap goals especially when I remember how I use to make incredible De Gea saves back then in street football ,,, only to return home to punishments and flogging everyday because according to him "My Son cannot play football" .

Now I'm a graduate of one of the top professional Courses that thousands are dieing to study ,hoping to do Masters next year but I don't feel fulfilled at all ,,,in fact I cringed when people address me by my Profession.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Pimine: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2023
nairalee:
Nice signing KAI Havertz.... Once they sign Declan RICE

then we can now say Arsenal are feasting on KAI KAI AND RICE
Mad o. But Arsenal sef 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Adakintroy: 11:49am On Jun 29, 2023
Mitsurugi:

No. Check out Arteta's plan for him. His versatility is key but he'll be doing what Xhaka did last season. Advanced midfielder. Did you ever wonder why Xhaka always ghosted into the box 18 at crucial moments without being seen. His goals and assists came from such game play.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/28/arsenal-mikel-arteta-drops-hint-kai-havertz-position-chelsea-transfer-19033634/?ico=mosaic_sport

We may not know fully what Arteta has for him. The season has not yet commence. Its just an hint. He himslef wil sti have to study him. But my guts still say a striking role. Cuz we have just one functioning striker. I won't count nketia as a striker no offence. If you expand the competitions and we are going in the champions league then jesus alone won't be able to pull it off. F.a cup, league, Carling, champions league. He will burn. I don't care how top tier he is. Even So its either that or backup to saka. Cuz martinelli role already has trossard as backup.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Fxwarrior: 11:53am On Jun 29, 2023
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65984991

Arsenal need some good signings to clinch the EPL.
They came close if not for Mancity.

If Mancity will loan them Haaland, Arsenal will win EPL.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Lifestone(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

The bidfor haaland was not a problem that is why city got him for £51 million .imagine if Paris st. Germaine,madris was interested you think city would have smelt him.
Then arsenal was not even in the mind of the boy even with £70 million.
So it is complicated
It's all about sporting talent and striking early
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by blessshine: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2023
if your team did not win Champions League but you have players with Champions League medal in your team, it is OK.
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by yinkeys(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Arsenal should buy lethal striker Osimhen & sell Nketiah
If Havertz is really 24 then it’s a good buy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

Totally agree.
Arsenal is lacking in the 9 department even with this signing.
I don't consider Kai to have adapted to the Premiership despite the time at Stamford Bridge.
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Reference(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
Adakintroy:

True. The world of football is short of it generally. The great Madrid is short of it with benzema out, who is his replacement? Baca is just Making do with an aging lewandoski, Bayern currently with chipa. Currently there is no prolific striker plus they are all overprice. The best bet for most coaches is to build and all round team one in which everyone can chip in goals. Cuz there is lots of money but quality is just running out. So like I said it is difficult but certainly not impossible.

Agree too.
There is a paucity in premium top 9's in global soccer at the moment.
Years of tiki-taka is biting back.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by SafeHealthCoach: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
If only my papa agree to sponsor me to go and play football, maybe by no I for don dey drive G wagon....But according to him, i should go to school first then after school, I can focus on football. May God not allow us to have Unexposed and ignorant parents in our next life..

Amen
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by Teeroyzimma: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Fxwarrior:

Arsenal need some good signings to clinch the EPL.
They came close if not for Mancity.

If Mancity will loan them Haaland, Arsenal will win EPL.
they won't come close again
Re: Arsenal Complete Kai Havertz Signing From Chelsea For £65m by LoveJesus87(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
Hmmm. This one deep. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Ogu To Leave Hapoel Beer Sheva After 5 Years / CAF Snub Super Eagles Stars In Africa XI For 2016 / Rashford Wins EPL Player Of The Month For The Third Time This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.