Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol (26830 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Dybala11(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Oh okay

So it is no longer market forces of demand and supply that determines prices,

You are telling me now that it is the value of a foreign currency dollar that determines the price.

Then if so, you can as well fling away (drop) the local currency (₦) and start to adopt and use the dollar ($)
Unfortunately that's how it's going to be since the marketers will use dollars to secure the crude products, don't forget that they get paid in naira. They have to convert their naira to dollars, hence their selling price is dependent on the exchange rate of Naira-Dollars.
Just brace yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Dybala11(m): 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Oh okay

So it is no longer market forces of demand and supply that determines prices,

You are telling me now that it is the value of a foreign currency dollar that determines the price.

Then if so, you can as well fling away (drop) the local currency (₦) and start to adopt and use the dollar ($)
Unfortunately that's how it's going to be since the marketers will use dollars to secure the crude products, don't forget that they get paid in naira. They have to convert their naira to dollars, hence their selling price is dependent on the exchange rate of Naira-Dollars.
Just brace yourself bro, cos we know how the Naira flunctuates and get devalued from time time.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Sonn(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
I think this prize is for OBIDIENTS only, APC supporters not inclusive.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by baralatie(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
MoneyMustBMade:

Seriously buhari said that Nigerians will miss him, now I understand
No one is missing buhari because it is he who machined this deliberate problem for his predecessor
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Adabestseason:
Who is this useless marketer projecting the price,do you have crude oil in your community?
Corrupt people are dealing mercilessly with Nigeria on all fronts. until they are stopped, they will continue to project the price upward, without shoring up purchasing power of the masses.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Dybala11(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
enny09:

Don't mind them, they were all supporting subsidy removal like zombie, so when subsidy is removed now what is the benefit to the citizens.

The thing is that I'm not even against subsidy removal like that, but if a step like this will be taken the government should have put mechanisms in place to cushion the economic blows/effects on the average citizens if they care about the welfare of their citizens. We're in one hell of a ride, buckle up everybody whether you're an agbado merchant or you're obidients. We will suffer the consequences together. Suffering doesn't know age, tribe or political affiliation. Another consequence of this move is that the Naira will be devalued further starting from even our own land. What you use 1k to buy before, 1k won't be enough to buy it again. Real meaning of devaluation of currency.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Dybala11(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Give an example of what they will Enjoy?

I'm not ready to suffer anything.
They will enjoy screaming "this government will favour me and my family".
Correct case of Stockholm's syndrome, suffering and smiling/hailing your oppressor. 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Realguyman1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Parachoco:
Absolute Majority Of Nigerians are ready to suffer Today and Enjoy Tomorrow
Lol..... But so unfortunate that with the set of people piloting the country, they will suffer today and still suffer tomorrow
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by peculiar2233: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
visaclick:
Look at that fool saying nigerians are willing to suffer today. Tinubu’s people are really handling this PR very well and no wonder pictures of his son as he is always plugged to a powerbank, always online defending his father’s bad leadership schemes.
It should not even surprise you
Did you just know that their brain has been taken away from them?
They are zombie and real definition of Suffering and Smiling

1 Like

Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Haymus007(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
xristos:
God forbid oh
It is well with us in this country...

Buhari said nigerians will miss him shocked shocked...God forbid too

kai...Nigeria was in plenty during GEJ embarassed
Swears we no suffer reach lydiss at all
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by egopersonified(f): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nairalanders in Togo, Cameroon, Ghana, etc, how much is a litre of fule in these countries in naira. I don't understand these people at all
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by headboyprince(m): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
nony43:

In the UK more in the Northern England were I have toured petrol is been sold between £1.45 to £ 1.59 it depends on were you buy and they are not producing oil in commercial quantity in the UK yet no scarcity. That is about 1400 in naira.
You're a big foool.... do you earn in pounds... $1.5 is nothing to a european... compared to 500 to a Nigeria Mimum wage in UK is 1.2 Million in naira compared to 30k naira...

that $1.5 to a european is equivalent to N30 to a nigerian... so can you see the gap..
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by maasoap(m): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
mrvitalis:
Removing subsidy was a good idea ( they borrowed) but now they don't know absolutely what to do to stabilize the economy

Developmental economics is a balancing art

FB should have rolled Out a 5 trillion naira soft credit to banks ( commercial and micro finance) to give to specific key sectors to either
1) produce what we import
2) produce what we can export

To get the loan

1) your business must be viable banks would make sure of that

2) employ a minimum amount of people

3) serve us or earn us a certain amount of foreign exchange

This would straighten naira... Dropping inflation, create employment, generating revenue, increasing GDP and overal improve living standard

But watch how they would start building unimportant infrastructural project that can't sustain itself even
It was never a good move and will never be. Those who removed partial subsidy yesterday are still enjoying full subsidy today, I mean 100% subsidy on everything they consume grin grin grin. Masses are always the target who bear the brunt.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by bazoodo: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
43Ronin:

Olodo I am a graduate of development Economics.
you said developmental economics not development Economics. The point I was making is there is nothing like Developmental economics
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by maasoap(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
olril17:
By the time Tinubu is done with Nigeria even his oloriburuku supporters will join and escape on a sinking ship to Somalia peninsula

Unfortunately for you, Obi and Atiku vowed to do the same thing which meant that Nigerians didn't have better choice during the election. Funny thing is not everyone who voted for Tinubu support subsidy removal and not everyone who didn't vote for Tinubu is against the subsidy removal.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Poske95(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
Parachoco:
Asiwaju have the record have good performance.

I've gone through his Manifesto thrice and he has being doing some of the things he said he will do.

I have the believe Asiwaju won't fail base on his track record as a Governor. I will give him some time and right now, he's right on track.

Let's hold a bet
If our economy rhymes with security to say 65% in two years , then BAT is the man.
Or else....
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by olril17(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
maasoap:

Unfortunately for you, Obi and Atiku vowed to do the same thing which meant that Nigerians didn't have better choice during the election. Funny thing is not everyone who voted for Tinubu support subsidy removal and not everyone who didn't vote for Tinubu is against the subsidy removal.
What’s this one saying?
So I should applaud a policy done hastily that it has cause unnecessary hardship for the people,which is also impacting me negatively.
Atiku and obi said they will remove subsidy but was it going to be the way tinubu did hastily without putting anything on ground that might have mitigate this untold hardship?
Mo roo pee Ofee soriburukuu sha?
Ogbeni koribuu danu get behind me.
Fuls like you don’t care about the country,na party politics you put for your empty head.
Ashieeree asinwinn.
Mo ropee ori Daddy ee ati mummy ee buruu sha?
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by imagrg(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Most Nigerian business men and women are sylocks and crooks. They take advantage of every situation to cheat people.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Parachoco: 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Poske95:

Let's hold a bet
If our economy rhymes with security to say 65% in two years , then BAT is the man.
Or else....
I will quote you in 2 years time

Make God protect us till then and beyond
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Babzrockman: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Resurrection212:
Do you want to sell?

Lol. Ole
EnterpriseMan:

Or use am do bolt grin

Good suggestion Corolla 06
EnterpriseMan:

Or use am do bolt grin

Good suggestion
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Babzrockman: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
bonnyhope:

Na lie o

You must drive it at all costs

Hahaha
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Babzrockman: 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
highchief1:
no bro na to double ur hustle and restrategize.hope ur car no be Lexus or v6.there are cars to be driving now.Don’t give up

Thanks High Chief.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by maasoap(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
olril17:

What’s this one saying?
So I should applaud a policy done hastily that it has cause unnecessary hardship for the people,which is also impacting me negatively.
Atiku and obi said they will remove subsidy but was it going to be the way tinubu did hastily without putting anything on ground that might have mitigate this untold hardship?
Mo roo pee Ofee soriburukuu sha?
Ogbeni koribuu danu get behind me.
Fuls like you don’t care about the country,na party politics you put for your empty head.
Ashieeree asinwinn.
Mo ropee ori Daddy ee ati mummy ee buruu sha?

All these frustration would have been better directed at the two failures who brought you to this life without any plan for you and your well being.
Were ati awon obi e ti ba ise mule grin grin grin
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Amaly: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2023
Sermwell:
Alot of people are going to suffer under this government but they don't want to hear it! The handwriting is all over the wall already.

I just urge those who are doing well to help those in need. This is because some people may die of hunger if we don't help each other because of our political differences. My closest pal is a Yoruba Muslim guy, fatai, and because of him, I have always refused to believe anything said on this forum about Yoruba Muslims. Although he voted for Tinubu and I voted Obi, we are still good friends. He has sold his car after the subsidy removal and I have been the one driving him to work. He kept assuring me that things will get better, but I don't believe him yet.

He came visiting on Monday that he couldn't afford the sallah ram and other needs for the festive season. I didn't want to ask him what he did with the money he realized from selling his car. My girl insisted that I shouldn't help him because of his political believe and support for Tinubu. But life is bigger than those nonsense.

Please you all should support the needy at this time. Elections are over, and the hate is not worth it.

I like your good heart ooo
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by webizone(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
Sermwell:
Alot of people are going to suffer under this government but they don't want to hear it! The handwriting is all over the wall already.

I just urge those who are doing well to help those in need. This is because some people may die of hunger if we don't help each other because of our political differences. My closest pal is a Yoruba Muslim guy, fatai, and because of him, I have always refused to believe anything said on this forum about Yoruba Muslims. Although he voted for Tinubu and I voted Obi, we are still good friends. He has sold his car after the subsidy removal and I have been the one driving him to work. He kept assuring me that things will get better, but I don't believe him yet.

He came visiting on Monday that he couldn't afford the sallah ram and other needs for the festive season. I didn't want to ask him what he did with the money he realized from selling his car. My girl insisted that I shouldn't help him because of his political believe and support for Tinubu. But life is bigger than those nonsense.

Please you all should support the needy at this time. Elections are over, and the hate is not worth it.

Lol, this is a Tinubu supporter using style to disguise as an Obidient so that he can get back in their good graces.

I think everyone should remain at status quo so that lessons can be learnt. If lessons are not learnt, it will affect well-meaning people tomorrow.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Kennedy97:

I will tag you when we go there since you want to behave like a child

He will deactivate and go under a new moniker!
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 01, 2023
Landowner101:

Presently on a right track, but in the wrong direction.

Might be too late before he will realize this.

Removing subsidy once, without taking the right measure is a recipe for indefinite inflation.

Dude does not understand a thing out of your explanations above. He is a bot who has no capacity to reason for himself.
Reality 101 is gradually setting in.
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2023
Parachoco:
Asiwaju has never rule Nigeria before

Do not compare him with Buhari, Jonathan, Obasanjo and Yardua, he's different.

Buhari, Jonathan and Obasanjo have done their part, and they performed far below expectation. Asiwaju is just starting and is presently on the right track.

The tone is now changing gradually to " Asiwaju has never ruled Nigeria before"!

O ma ka loju e !
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by Sermwell(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2023
webizone:

Lol, this is a Tinubu supporter using style to disguise as an Obidient so that he can get back in their good graces.

I think everyone should remain at status quo so that lessons can be learnt. If lessons are not learnt, it will affect well-meaning people tomorrow.
Lazy brain!! You can't even do a simple research by going through my comments and see if I'm a Tinubu supporter before jumping into conclusion! Bring out any of my comment supporting Tinubu through out the election period. Or is that so difficult for you?
Re: Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol by webizone(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sermwell:

Lazy brain!! You can't even do a simple research by going through my comments and see if I'm a Tinubu supporter before jumping into conclusion! Bring out any of my comment supporting Tinubu through out the election period. Or is that so difficult for you?

In that case, the video link I am going to post below is for you. I have waited for the right time and the right person to give the right response. Watch from the minute the video starts (should be 44:16) till 46:50. Or, you can continue watching to learn more. Your choice.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26s33Kywgu8?t=2655

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Bello For Donating To Aisha Buhari's Book Launch / Aisha Yesufu Slams President Buhari On Her Recent Tweet (photos) / DSS Arrests Doyin Okupe At MMIA, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.