Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China (19910 Views)

CBN Fines Zenith Bank, First Bank, Others N1.4trn / 10 Stockbroking Firms Trade 85.5bn Shares Worth N1.4trn In 2019 / Banks Borrowed N1.4trn From CBN In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by eyinjuege: 11:52am On Jun 29, 2023
Nigerians and Owambe, smh.
I wish our textile industry improves and do better
I know Kano has a massive textile industry, but they need to upgrade and add on quality lace to their atampa.
Why go all the way to China for fabrics, knowing how much we love parties and dressing up. There will always be a market for these things.
As per the wigs and hair, we ladies do too much. Kilode!
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Shattuck(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

We tried doing it in Osun State in 2020, but coronavirus lockdown, heavy tax by Buhari, no electricity having to spend huge amount on diesel killed the business
this are the things this govt ought to have addressed the very moment they got into power, with this statistics we know the market for these products is here, and they aren't that difficult imagine the nation generating almost 2 billion dollars from these things, they can also be exported to other west African nations and others, because I suppose they are also importing these things, well if you have an organization or access to the govt you guys can try and lobby them to look into your business to see if they can collaborate.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by grandstar(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2023
The primary reason why the nation's textile mills have shut down is basically due to their uncompetitiveness and that they do not export. The textile industry is expirt oriented in third world countries. It is a shame that Nugerian textile mills are only focused on the local market.

If Nigerian textile mills just focused on exports to California alone, they'd be running at full capacity.

Also, governments sucks at picking winners. The market is always best at deciding. Does the nation have any comparative advantage in producing cotton? Is the cotton produced of high quality (it's of low quality)? What informed they'd be happy using locally made cotton? They are better off buying from anywhere in the world they get the best value.

But is the textile or garment industry really dead in Nigeria? The answer is no.

There are thousands of fashion designers or tailors who are ever busy turning fabrics into garments. The Economists wrote that "this is the type of non-flashy manufacturing that actually create jobs." Perhaps, it might be best to have zero duty on textile fabrics.

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by victorDanladi: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Olaoluwa112:
Very unserious country blessed with useless citizens and leaders.

Imagine what's topping our importation list. I think the govt should ban the importation of unnecessary things like human hair, creams and the likes.
I know very well that we can survive without those nonsense materials.
Especially PETHIEF OBI

Who is one of the biggest importers after using his influence as MD tin can port in lagos under Abacha
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by tctrills: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Olaoluwa112:
Very unserious country blessed with useless citizens and leaders.

Imagine what's topping our importation list. I think the govt should ban the importation of unnecessary things like human hair, creams and the likes.
I know very well that we can survive without those nonsense materials.

Oga, once your government begins to put restrictions on goods from other countries, they would retaliate and also make it very hard to report Nigerian goods.
The only question your government needs to answer is, why is it cheaper to import hair from China than to produce it in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2023
GeneralPula:
Top imports from China to Nigeria are synthetic filament yarn woven fabric valued at $160 million; pesticides, $84.1million; non-knit women’s suits, $81.5 million; telephones, $67.2 million and fake hair, $59 million. It was learnt that none of the textile company have started production since Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) intervention.

Aside from telephones, I doubt there’s any other thing Nigeria isn’t producing. But our peoples anything foreign is good mentality isn’t helping our local production at all..

95% of Human hair, Brazilian hair, wey una Dey see for Nigeria are fakes! Original Brazilian hair is highly cost. So instead of importing a fake hair from China, why not kuku buy Nigeria made?

Nigeria is one of the largest customers of China when it comes to selling fake things! I really don’t know what to call it - maybe low self esteem or we want to belong kind of thing..

As long as Nigerians are not ready to change, believe me, the kind of Nigeria we all want won’t happen!
It is not fake from China. Cost of production in China is very cheap because of their labour laws which affect cost of goods which is why countries like America can't compete with them. You pay close to 8$ an hour plus short amount of time to work at the end of the day, each employee being paid 100 a day plus amount of employees
E.g 100$ x 2300 employees
Cost of raw materials.
Access to newer technologies
Cost of rent plus electricity and transportation.
All these affect cost of goods coming from places like US which is why they say Theirs is good because of the price.

Rather their cost of production is very high. Hence companies are leaving US for China
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by frowland(m): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
tommy589:

It may reduce but won't stop it. For decades luxury mint cars have been on 100% duties

Ban it for a year and let's see if life won't go on

Ban will encourage smuggling and loss of revenue through black market. Best is to jack up the duty even to 100%. Let it fall under luxury items. If you decide to import then that’s a huge revenue to the govt. win win.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shattuck:
this are the things this govt ought to have addressed the very moment they got into power, with this statistics we know the market for these products is here, and they aren't that difficult imagine the nation generating almost 2 billion dollars from these things, they can also be exported to other west African nations and others, because I suppose they are also importing these things, well if you have an organization or access to the govt you guys can try and lobby them to look into your business to see if they can collaborate.
No one ever reimbursed me and my colleagues for the huge amount we spent in the failed business venture

2 Likes

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Letpray4BAT: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
alpharoyalty:
I hope they will not start blaming ibos

still finding the importer name in our database angry
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
frowland:

Ban will encourage smuggling and loss of revenue through black market, best is to jack up the duty even to 100%. Let it full under luxury items. If you decide to import then that’s a huge revenue to the govt. win win.
Jack up duty, cost of goods will go up because marketers must make back their money.

They will add it when selling to customers.
Final consumers will be the ones to suffer
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Shattuck(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

No one ever reimbursed me and my colleagues for the huge amount we spent in the failed business venture
sorry for the loss, hopefully things get better.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by amaridigital(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
Reinaldo:
Doesn't sound good. These agbado people sef

Agbado people? If they check the names of the importers of these fake products now I'm sure 90% will be obidients.
If the government want to stop this nonsense now you and esekwesilly will start shouting. We all know that 90% of fake products importers are obidients Igbos.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Masterito(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
You think many Nigerians can afford real human hair? Lol.
YinkaOlusesi16:
Nigerians with fake product are 5n6
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
PoloG:
igbos undecided
Igbos did what. Do you think Igbos have up to 1.9 trillion naira?
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by frowland(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

Jack up duty, cost of goods will go up because marketers must make back their money.

They will add it when selling to customers.
Final consumers will be the ones to suffer

Talking about human hair and attachments. How is that any of our problems? Anyone who wants to buy such luxuries should be ready to pay for it.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shattuck:
Government officials asked for huge amount in bribes even after the huge amount that have been washed down the drain.
They don't care, only want to line up their pockets.
If I show you our books, ledgers of the huge amount we spent, you will pity me and my colleagues. I will rather not say the amount here, before beggars crew would arrive
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by hssd8nland: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Nigerians with fake product are 5n6
You are misunderstanding the title
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Thomasankara(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
[/color] dey never cease to amaze humanity abi and if we tell them say na because of man Dem dey do am Dem go say no[color=#770077]
VeryWickedPrick:
Women!
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Thomasankara(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
[/color]are u kidding me🤔[color=#770077]
Candidlady:
Shout out to we ladies that don't wear this thing called wig

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
frowland:

Talking about human hair and attachments. How is that any of our problems? Anyone who wants to buy such luxuries should be ready to pay for it.
It is not your needs.
Should our women barb their hair to cut imports
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Alabaintprice(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
I meet a tailor that's sews cloth in Aba. Ask him how much he will see already made shirt and trouser for me. He will tell you ₦25,000 but I go to China and see almost same quality of shirt and trouser cheaper that here in Nigeria.......

Please tell me why I will buy it in Nigeria when I can get 2 of it in china and still send it down here for a little shipping fee ......

China that produces cloths on large scale, do there people buy them very expensive there in china?

They do not buy here in Nigeria you see a shirt and trouser for 25k and you expect me to buy from you.

Let us start from those people sewing already made cloths here in Nigeria first .....

Now go to Yaba and see those who are sewing Nigerian made t-shirts and joggers.... Give them what you need them to do for you. I stead of them to take there time to give you what you want, they just sew rubbish in the name of mass production and give you......

I have stopped patronising anyone that says they sell t-shirts made in Nigeria because it will end in regret.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by tommy589(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
frowland:

Ban will encourage smuggling and loss of revenue through black market. Best is to jack up the duty even to 100%. Let it fall under luxury items. If you decide to import then that’s a huge revenue to the govt. win win.

It should be ban if you want to conserve Forex for meaningful purposes and encourage local manufacturing. The damage done to our economy by these importations is better experienced. But government needs to provide enabling environment for our industries to flourish and be competitive

Years ago I was at the area of the last factory (textile) I worked. It was an industrial estate of over 60 textile factories,if not even 100,operating three shifts. Not a single one is operational again due to importation from foreign countries. I am talking of just one industrial estate out of many in the country

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Alabaintprice:
I meet a tailor that's sews cloth in Aba. Ask him how much he will see already made shirt and trouser for me. He will tell you ₦25,000 but I go to China and see almost same quality of shirt and trouser cheaper that here in Nigeria.......

Please tell me why I will buy it in Nigeria when I can get 2 of it in china and still send it down here for a little shipping fee ......

China that produces cloths on large scale, do there people buy them very expensive there in china?

They do not buy here in Nigeria you see a shirt and trouser for 25k and you expect me to buy from you.

Let us start from those people sewing already made cloths here in Nigeria first .....

Now go to Yaba and see those who are sewing Nigerian made t-shirts and joggers.... Give them what you need them to do for you. I stead of them to take there time to give you what you want, they just sew rubbish in the name of mass production and give you......

I have stopped patronising anyone that says they sell t-shirts made in Nigeria because it will end in regret.......
Cost of production is cheap in China.
They have technologies that will do it almost instantly and low wage plus stable electricity.
We don't have it in Nigeria. So cost of production is high but ignorant people open their mouth and speak a lot of rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Thomasankara(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
[/color]u see senseless things zapping our resources. Left for me Fake hair,human hair are not on the essential commodity list,hence ban should be placed on them like marijuana. Such a thing has even encouraged our ladies to live unhealthy lifestyles. Imagine a woman not allowing water to touch her head for three months. Africans discover yourselves and stop the identity crisis,stop living in the shadow of anyone else,embrace your identity. This make me credit the late dictator of Uganda for some of his Afrocentric view, like banning of the eye use of wigs in Uganda. Also if every man stop simping and praising all these ladies on fake hairs, the ugly trend will stop.[color=#770077]
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Khyrvxjzy: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
I cry for my country

How can any sane and patriotic person import fake and substandard goods worth millions of dollars into the country if not for some vested interest involved.

We only hear about budget presentation in Nigeria, the rest is shenanigans and stories.

bro u no get d point, women know na fake hair na. d problem is see d rubbish naija dey import upon all out problem na hair people dey buy, chai abeg make tinubu do us like north korea oooo
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by letonB(f): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
These things they call fake human hairs are actually manufactured from synthetic materials. Such materials as Acrylonitrile, Acrylic, Polyethylene-terephthalate, PVC, Silicone, Single-filament polyester, Silk and Vinyl and so on. Personally, I prefer hair extensions made from these products to putting on someone else's hair. Truth is that they can be made in Nigeria. But if we are importing petrol, tell what can't we import?

4 Likes

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Alabaintprice(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

Cost of production is cheap in China.
They have technologies that will do it almost instantly and low wage plus stable electricity.
We don't have it in Nigeria. So cost of production is high but ignorant people open their mouth and speak a lot of rubbish

That is the problem.

This is because government is not investing in the right places they are suppose invest.

They are here bringing up statistics for the dumb ones to look at and complain blindly without knowing who they should throw the blames to.....

This country is gone. Nothing wey person wan tell me

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Shattuck(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

Government officials asked for huge amount in bribes even after the huge amount that have been washed down the drain.
They don't care, only want to line up their pockets.
If I show you our books, ledgers of the huge amount we spent, you will pity me and my colleagues. I will rather not say the amount here, before beggars crew would arrive
damn the level of corruption in Nigeria, they keep killing the nation for their own selfish gains, maybe you can look at other African nations if you still want to setup the business and then you can export to Nigeria.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Kemadealadire(f): 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Wear original locally made fabrics, wear Adire. Different grades available😉. You can make into formal, party, casual wears as you like it. Adire fabrics are very versatile, now you know. You can check our profile and send a DM, let's talk business🤗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Blue86(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
When Dem go dey tell our ladies to dey barb hair for school, how Dem go no dey attach hair, when Dem no get hair?
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shattuck:
damn the level of corruption in Nigeria, they keep killing the nation for their own selfish gains, maybe you can look at other African nations if you still want to setup the business and then you can export to Nigeria.
Ghana was considered, but I am ashamed to say this, but they love Omo Nile work in Ghana more than Nigeria. They will let you establish. And start doing business well, when you want to start making profit, they will come and say Nigeria man leave him country and come here to take all our money. They will forget that you are creating employment. They will use Omo Nile attitude to frustrate your life. That is after paying all the required taxes by the authorities. The authorities won't do anything to stop the illegal taxation

Africa as a whole is a gaint cesspool
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Iamzik: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
Chetas81:
The fake citizen only love fake things, second hands clothes everywhere, Nigerian citizen will visit war zone to pick dead man clothes, to sell for the citizen, who don't believe manufacturing, their own things 😜✍️

Please manufacture your own let us buy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Forex Policy: Local Manufacturers Happy As Production And Sales Leap By 50% / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures / Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.