Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China (19911 Views)

CBN Fines Zenith Bank, First Bank, Others N1.4trn / 10 Stockbroking Firms Trade 85.5bn Shares Worth N1.4trn In 2019 / Banks Borrowed N1.4trn From CBN In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Candidlady:
Shout out to we ladies that don't wear this thing called wig

I acknowledge your greetings.

Shout out to you too!
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by bunnae(f): 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

It is not fake from China. Cost of production in China is very cheap because of their labour laws which affect cost of goods which is why countries like America can't compete with them. You pay close to 8$ an hour plus short amount of time to work at the end of the day, each employee being paid 100 a day plus amount of employees
E.g 100$ x 2300 employees
Cost of raw materials.
Access to newer technologies
Cost of rent plus electricity and transportation.
All these affect cost of goods coming from places like US which is why they say Theirs is good because of the price.

Rather their cost of production is very high. Hence companies are leaving US for China
Its difficult to understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying the Chinese do not produce substandard goods?
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
bunnae:

Its difficult to understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying the Chinese do not produce substandard goods?
I didn't say they don't.
I am saying their good ones that comes at a market friendly prices, people also take it as fake. They will say if it is original, then it should be expensive. I am giving you first hand knowledge.

China have abundance of raw materials, technologies and cheap labour.
So, it makes goods significantly cheaper that American/ European products.

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by descarado: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Some are already cursing their sisters and mothers.
If govt can import petroleum products where as we are the 6th highest producer of crude oil, I wonder why they are disturbing the masses.
Govt know what to do.
They lead, the masses follow.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by benitwater(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Just imagine these giant waste,
Our women make una think am 🤔
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by COMPAQ(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
So actually what are being sold here as originals are actually imported fakes .. okay God will Judge .

Dude, the only original human hair is the one on your head. Once you use my form of attachment, no matter how close in look and texture to human hair, it's automatically fake human hair.

2 Likes

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Shattuck(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

Ghana was considered, but I am ashamed to say this, but they love Omo Nile work in Ghana more than Nigeria. They will let you establish. And start doing business well, when you want to start making profit, they will come and say Nigeria man leave him country and come here to take all our money. They will forget that you are creating employment. They will use Omo Nile attitude to frustrate your life. That is after paying all the required taxes by the authorities. The authorities won't do anything to stop the illegal taxation

Africa as a whole is a gaint cesspool
hmm so bad for Africa right now, maybe francophone African nations might just be different.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Dougad: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

Jack up duty, cost of goods will go up because marketers must make back their money.

They will add it when selling to customers.
Final consumers will be the ones to suffer

These guys don't think beyond their nose. Crude animalistic binary thinking is why this country will never leave the darkness it currently is jn
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by kiddkash(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Dougad:

These guys don't think beyond their nose. Crude animalistic binary thinking is why this country will never leave the darkness it currently is jn
No one is willing to take a loss.
Instead of profit, you make back your money
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by doortune(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Who are the major importers from China[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][i][/i][left][/left]
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by bellosulaiman(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
It would have been far worse had it been their cyber bullying candidate became the President of this country… I feared fake medicinal drugs for sick people.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Olatara(f): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Candidlady:
Shout out to we ladies that don't wear this thing called wig

Hallelujah Sister!
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Sheriman(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
You want to collect food from some Nigerian female graduate be that?? Some had turn this to lucrative business

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by frowland(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
kiddkash:

It is not your needs.
Should our women barb their hair to cut imports
Your women.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by frowland(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
tommy589:

It should be ban if you want to conserve Forex for meaningful purposes and encourage local manufacturing. The damage done to our economy by these importations is better experienced. But government needs to provide enabling environment for our industries to flourish and be competitive

Years ago I was at the area of the last factory (textile) I worked. It was an industrial estate of over 60 textile factories,if not even 100,operating three shifts. Not a single one is operational again due to importation from foreign countries. I am talking of just one industrial estate out of many in the country

Look, anything you ban makes it way back through black market as long as there is demand for it.

Kill the demand and kill the market. While your position is ideal, it is not realistic as our borders are porous with corrupt customs officers all over the place. Won’t work.

To generate revenue and as well drive local competition, you have to place a higher duty on the imported items. Outright banning of items like wigs and attachments will encourage smuggling and government loses while the importer keeps making his profits.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Cromagnon: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
tommy589:
Stop importation of non essential commodities
why. They're essential. Think veggie you type
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Chetas81(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Iamzik:

Please manufacture your own let us buy
being foolish is allowed 😜 but stay foolish is not allowed 👍
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by MSesan: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2023
Women of nowadays with fake life....
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by 1Sharon(f): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
eyinjuege:
Nigerians and Owambe, smh.
I wish our textile industry improves and do better
I know Kano has a massive textile industry, but they need to upgrade and add on quality lace to their atampa.
Why go all the way to China for fabrics, knowing how much we love parties and dressing up. There will always be a market for these things.
As per the wigs and hair, we ladies do too much. Kilode!

Africans are lazy.

Once Chinese people learn how to braid afro hair, it will be all over for the black race.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by 1Sharon(f): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Blue86:
When Dem go dey tell our ladies to dey barb hair for school, how Dem go no dey attach hair, when Dem no get hair?

This is why they are so excited to wear long fake hair when they leave secondary school because they were denied the opportunity in school

1 Like

Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Iamzik: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Chetas81:
being foolish is allowed 😜 but stay foolish is not allowed 👍

This is most foolish comment I have ever read on Nairaland. Second hand clothing are sold everywhere in the world and it is one of the alternatives to destroying clothings you no longer need.

How your warped mind is not able to process this beyond "dead people's cloth" need to be studied.
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by Chetas81(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Iamzik:

This is most foolish comment I have ever read on Nairaland. Second hand clothing are sold everywhere in the world and it is one of the alternatives to destroying clothings you no longer need.

How your warped mind is not able to process this beyond "dead people's cloth" need to be studied.
you and your opinion are not different, your idea your limitation
Re: Fabrics, Fake Human Hair Top Nigeria’s N1.4trn Import From China by bunnae(f): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2023
kiddkash:

I didn't say they don't.
I am saying their good ones that comes at a market friendly prices, people also take it as fake. They will say if it is original, then it should be expensive. I am giving you first hand knowledge.

China have abundance of raw materials, technologies and cheap labour.
So, it makes goods significantly cheaper that American/ European products.
Okay. Now I get you better. Our government has to do something sha.

The kind of goods in the markets now ehn. Our importers seem to love the worst goods in China more.

The Chinese manufacturers go just tag am with one original brand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Forex Policy: Local Manufacturers Happy As Production And Sales Leap By 50% / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures / Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.