Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? (42314 Views)

Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) / Wadume With PDP House Of Representatives Member During His Inauguration In Abuja / Sanwoolu's Children Spotted At His Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by 7upnigeria: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
Omicron007:

No one is judging anybody here.
It's just like performing an inventory.

The best decision any leader will make is to remove fuel subsidy. Timing is what people can criticise but not the removal.
It's just one month into Tinubu's Presidency, he can be judged after a year or two. Buhari was EXTREMELY CLUELESS and damaged alot of things. You dont expect Tinubu to fix all of that in one month. Dont forget, price of gas has gone down too.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Maobichek: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
samuelson06:

Thanks for your comment.

But do you honestly think that Tinubu wouldn't have been able to put measures on ground before removing the subsidy if he had us in mind at all?

He would have been able to do that but he totally ignored doing that but went ahead to hit on the subsidy removal. That's evil bro. Soon we'll enter July, what has he done with June subsidy that he's recovered? Instead, he's busy suffocating institutions that have been largely helpful.

Soon, WAEC/NECO exam fees is going to rise because they won't be getting support from the government again. They'll have to fund themselves. All the institutions that the councils he just deprived support would begin to fund themselves. What would that mean for the services they head just like the WAEC/NECO example above?

Good evening, i really appreciate your maturity and sense of humor but i must tell you the whole truth: ppl are suffering, I'm not sentimental about it. This has nothing to do with tribe/religion ok, in the last 2 weeks, over 7 grown ups(adults) called me for financial help. Many have not receive June salary oh!

I won't be too fast to cast aspersion on PBAT but the way he removed subsidy must be condemned, no palliative, absolutely nothing to cushion the effects on the masses. Nobody has protested and believe that ppl will not hence if he "failed?" He won't blame it on the masses.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by nelsonose: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
Oh in less than one month, BAT has hit the ground running. He is doing well.
Buying of petrol is now so easy as there are no more long queues and dealers fixing prices arbitrary above normal.
You no longer find traffic jam on the roads, There is no more Scrabble for parking spaces in public car parks. Generator noise at night has ceased in the neighborhood. People now sleep without light calmly in their homes.
The beauty of it is that the supporters and non supporters BAT are enjoying these developments equally.
We are in it together.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Maobichek: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
ebenholer2:

Well I must say I am strongly pleased with your constructive analysis...but to be honest with u there has no tangible decisions by Nigerians so far in adjusting their spending habits.
Also, Nigerians are just ill-informed through their refusal to sift their attention to the government at their localities too...this is leading us much more to be highly impoverished. We need to question our governors, senators, reps members and others too or government should as well stop allocating them money siince such money will eventually looted by them.
The federal government ought to be the last to cry to in a sane society.
Above all, I am strongly in support of this government even though I am presently non-partisan

Good evening, i don't know where you reside but in Abj. People have adjusted, i moved round today and realize that this years Sallah can't be compared to last year and the previous Sallah celebration in Abj.

Secondly, if you drive to work, you would realize that traffic have reduced in the roads of Abj(many ppl now prefer to enter cab), and the way ppl will beg you to collect the amount they have, you will be fully abreast that a whole lot have changed.

Lastly, I'm somewhat close to few people, someone in government told me that salary is a peanut compare to allowances. Most government officials, their allowance is ten (10) times or more of their salaries. Cost of governance should be cut and some ministries/parastatles should be merged, thank you.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
that's the cultural set back am talking about. In the Hausa culture there's this thing of begging mentality instead of using one's God giving ability to source for wealth. While the South may not resort to that because of shame ,it may resort to 419 in place of begging. Begging or alm seeking exist among the lower class. And there's this I don't care attitude on building wealth like in the South. Most Northerners live on a day by day bases. From hand to pocket. It's just a mentality thing.

And these are the people that forms the larger North. That's why I said they are more tolerant to hardship. They care less. Even with the hardship, they keep giving birth like fowls, walking around drawing breast from front to back for their babies. These set of people don't fu*kin' care what the government does.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
[quote author=Uten9z post=124113875]I will try and expose somethings to you maybe it will help you weigh things on both sides before concluding on the wrongs ones alone.

1st Let me try to ans your points from my point of view and those are some of my reasons for not bringing them up

removed subsidy on PMS
This remind me about when I bought my Sim and phone 3310 Samsung at 68k, I believed u didn't withness those occasion. Only the sim was 33k
Nitel Nigeria run cable everywhere and stand out before mobile came and was also cheap but not everybody have the liberty at owe one bcus is installment fees so one can can simply pay per minute as u talk.

Wen mobile phone came some of us made the sacrifice on a very bad policy as this subsidy persisting issue but in the case of mobile communications we now have people fully enriched, living and keeping a livelihood, more than 90% of Nigerians especially youths depend on that policy now.

Removed subsidy on education
If just lecturers strike will end as the result please let it be. There is now a scholarship that goes pari parsu, and if the standard of education will be improve why not.
If you knw how much and how many Nigerians have to travel out to avoid some of this factors related to education you won't bare it that we waste such amount outside the country.
Did you remember Sudan evacuation and the number of student that return from just Sudan alone?

Removed subsidy on forex
How does that help the poor masses ? Your probably in Lagos the people farming for the food you eat how are they affected, we need free fertilizer as GEJ did from subsidized monies

Plan on increasing cost of electricity
Introduced 7.5% VAT on AGO
introduced an annual levy of N1000 on car POO

Most of these details are not confirmed yet and the poor masses are not highly utilized or consumers

His convoy was astronomical the last time he was out.
Salaries still intact with rumours about increase.
Cost of governance still same, if not about to be doubled.

These are just information that hate can develop to keep our eyes blind from seeing the facts on what is possible and important, how we use to see things done which is by pampering our ego is over.
They kept on doing that as much as the want knowing that we can't say a word in protests.

Our economy is bad just like most economy around the world and any experienced mind will do what's necessary to salvage it as a true leader in a society having dependent masses.

For me the masses your mentioning are the one in the cities not in remote villages who still go through pain and toiling to make you live ur city life.
The policy will quickly bridge the life expectancy of such masses.

But for the rest of us in cities we are going to now pay more that's the full fact abt how I perceive PBAT policy are for now.

The time is now and not tomorrow as long as he will get it right.

Nigeria no belong to Tinubu and family our Judiciary are in place, our exercutives who are representing us too and same ppl will amend any policy expectedly to cut any course of governance if you really approach them to ask them to work not going to collect your shares and coming to Nairaland to Rant.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Chemlite: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
This one na renewed hunger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Maobichek:

Good evening, i really appreciate your maturity and sense of humor but i must tell you the whole truth: ppl are suffering, I'm not sentimental about it. This has nothing to do with tribe/religion ok, in the last 2 weeks, over 7 grown ups(adults) called me for financial help. Many have not receive June salary oh!

I won't be too fast to cast aspersion on PBAT but the way he removed subsidy must be condemned, no palliative, absolutely nothing to cushion the effects on the masses. Nobody has protested and believe that ppl will not hence if he "failed?" He won't blame it on the masses.

Let's call a spade what it is, sir. It's just a wicked form of leadership. He doesn't care about us and I'm putting it that way because the situation on ground suggests same.

Our hustle has been reduced to nonsense because of inflation. People are trekking long distances. Lecturers are packing their cars at home and using taxis to come to work because fueling the car would consume a significant part of their meager salary.

Mehn, there's serious suffering and I'm not happy. In my city, Calabar, kidnapping is now a commonplace. They now kidnap anyone that crosses their lane including Bolt drivers. The kind of hardship created by this government is creating a lot of evil in the land. It never used to be this bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by AfonjaPriest: 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tinubu has performed egregiously badly. He stirred the wind and inadvertently invited a typhoon.
A man without a thinking cap on his head is always thoughtless because he is headless.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by OyinO: 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
So far so good, it's huge disappointment. Nigerians are now suffering more than PMB's time. Fuel price has made prices of food items and transportation to skyrocket like never before in Nigerian historical existence. Yet Balablu wants to impose tax on motorists when many are packing their cars. Yeye
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Shikini: 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Terrible
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by biina: 12:35am On Jun 30, 2023
Everyone can afford to post anything online, whether true or false.

But at that alone time, either early at dawn, middle of the day or late at night, deep down in the pit of our stomach, each person knows whether his/her life has been better or his/her suffering has increased in the past one month.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Subonbon(m): 12:38am On Jun 30, 2023
Men this man dey press person neck I swear!
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Federalis: 1:06am On Jun 30, 2023
A man with 124 car convoy? I rest my case...
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by charleskl(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2023
No be wanna vote am in
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

To be fair and honest, things are really hard, there's poverty in the land.

Tinubu should please reverse the subsidy removal for now, it can be done later

He should not treat us this way

A good leader listens to his people when they cry.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by skj1377(m): 6:30am On Jun 30, 2023
Badly
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by skj1377(m): 6:31am On Jun 30, 2023
Increasing poverty at record speed
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Solababa91(m): 6:35am On Jun 30, 2023
For the past one month, he had not been a good leader because he failed to listen to or ameliorate the suffering of Nigerians rather he had turned deaf ears preferring to voyage different countries.
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

To be fair and honest, things are really hard, there's poverty in the land.

Tinubu should please reverse the subsidy removal for now, it can be done later

He should not treat us this way

A good leader listens to his people when they cry.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Goldmaxx(f): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2023
God1000:
Lol, please don't make me laugh dear cheesy
Nigeria is a hellhole already but any bad news on Trump gives you orgasm.

Trump is living his best life as a billionaire, which you'd never achieve in your life until your demise.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Blackdisciple(m): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2023
Lolzz we are all seeing it even the OP sef dey collect upandan wotowoto cheesy cheesy
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 7:40am On Jun 30, 2023
emerged01:

Dont say he should remove it,you are the least of the people fuel subsidy removal affected,those who it affected are really fighting back. Their only weapon is to impoverish us to fight the govt,we shouldnt allowed be used.
Ask yourself what have we achieved with fuel subsidy and CBN exchange rate? Even with the subsidy our inflation rate was 22.22%. Killing corruption is not easy because e go affect us before we start to dey enjoy corruption free system.

We can only wait to see how he is going to cushion the subsidy removal effect on us and I pray it benefits the poor.
if not e no go tey before we burnt the country. Meself dey first o but I wan give am small time.

what was wrong with fuel subsidy ?

who are those that fuel subsidy removal affected that are fighting back ?

how are they fighting back ?

how did they impoverish "us" who are the "us" they impoverished ?

if you are praying for fuel subsidy to benefit the poor, doesnt it show that you have no confidence in the person you are expecting to provide the palliatives.

according to NNPC GMD, fuel subsidy was completely removed in 2020. which subsidy are you still talking about again in 2023 ?

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2023
7upnigeria:

The best decision any leader will make is to remove fuel subsidy. Timing is what people can criticise but not the removal.
It's just one month into Tinubu's Presidency, he can be judged after a year or two. Buhari was EXTREMELY CLUELESS and damaged alot of things. You dont expect Tinubu to fix all of that in one month. Dont forget, price of gas has gone down too.
It is not subsidy that was the problem, it was corruption of the subsidy, same corruption responsibility for refineries not functioning despite all the billions pumped into it for repairs.

These guys are running down our country, just like the way corrupt employees run down a great company when the managers/owners are not monitoring, it won't be long, the company packs/folds up.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by emerged01(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2023
lexy2014:

what was wrong with fuel subsidy ?

who are those that fuel subsidy removal affected that are fighting back ?

how are they fighting back ?

how did they impoverish "us" who are the "us" they impoverished ?

if you are praying for fuel subsidy to benefit the poor, doesnt it show that you have no confidence in the person you are expecting to provide the palliatives.

according to NNPC GMD, fuel subsidy was completely removed in 2020. which subsidy are you still talking about again in 2023 ?
With the news we are hearing that PMS will be sold from July 1st for 700naira. Dont you think as people are crying,FG can be forced to subsidise again so that we can buy 500. That's what is keep happening.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Chris8t(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2023
Just dey play
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Reussite: 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Minus 100
(-100)

A revolution is needed in this country to set things right
But you know the funny thing a revolution can not happen in Nigeria because tribalism is still very in our head

Ya all should fasten your seat belt...Nigeria is gonna get worse
We can no longer deceive ourselves..
Okay you all should imagine..fuel price increase and we heard it is gonna be increased to 700
Tertiary institution fee hike...elected officers salary to be increased by 114, 1k yearly car ownership certificate to be introduced..what about our normal car registration documents is that not enough evidence we own the car
Electricity hike is on its way
Nlc is a toothless bulldog and no protest anywhere
The people can not protest because it will be seen as fighting against a particular region because their son is the president
Same thing happened during end sars protest...the north did not participate because their son was the president
Maybe we should wait until a south south son becomes the president again then a protest can happen just like the way it happened during Jonathan subsidy removal
We should stop deceiving ourselves tribalism is ruining us in Nigeria
God bless you for this. Suddenly we don't have the Save Nigeria Group anymore or where the Yoruba actors & actresses that were staging protests & constituting nuisance on the street that year....I guess they have suddenly become dumb to speak. Very tribalistic nation. Nigeria can never move forward with this myopic reasoning of our people. Let's call a spade a spade for once.🤚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by BigCowHornn: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Uten9z:

I just heard frm u

They didn't unfloat it per say. At least not officially
The things is some financial arms of government have it pegged at higher rate than before and it causing issues

Banks have run pit of dollars and CBN can't meet supply. Dollar hit 820 last week. I know cos I changed it at Maza Maza in Lagos

It's now 780 to the dollar
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by MrPRevailer(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Omicron007:

No one is judging anybody here.
It's just like performing an inventory.

Do you know about the World Economic Forum and their plan for a one world government and Financial system by year 2030? Transhumanism era/4th industrial revolution?

Mass depopulation is a priority through famine, controlling and poisoning the global food supply, devastative climate change policies, mass vaccination.

WEF predicted months before Elections that Tinubu will win the election.

Ditch the mainstream media.
Follow @ThePeople'sVoice on Rumble .....
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Tuprelo: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
ayo2008:

How does it affect the common masses on the street?
People are hungry you are writing this? So shameful
I bought COOKING GAS at #550/kg was #850/kg. This direct to the common man.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
I heard that the Yoruba people who saw how bad their brother is , and still went on to force him in are enjoying better than other tribes now ?
Even if their brother na assured demon e no concern them.
Last last na Yoruba and hausa tribe the destroy this country single handedly , but the want IGBO people + other well meaning people to participate in the blame .
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
obembet:

- Peter obi would have Turn $1 to #50,

- at least 3 refinery would have been working now,

-Peter obi would have approved student loan without pay back untill the person get work,

- At least Obi would have build 2 port South East
At least Obi is not the president.
The demon u knew and cherish is destroying and bringing hardship to the nation, bt u are here leaning on excuses.
U ARE CLEARLY GOING FROM UP TO DOWN ON A DAILY BASES DUE TO UR CORE SUPPORT FOR EVIL BECAUSE OF TRIBALISM.
LAS LAS U TOO WILL SUFFER ALONG OTHERS, AND EVEN IF YOU WILL ARCHIVE FROM THIS ADMINISTRATION UR LOVED ONES WILL SUFFER TOO.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Adeoye11(m): 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
emmyN:

What is his crime?

Ok he stole chicken and chips grin grin grin
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Adeoye11(m): 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

A tax man he is you say? Well then, how about those top 10 percent of earners in Nigeria (looking at you politicians, oil moguls etc.,) get TAXED 20 percent of their earnings every single month with the proceeds used to also fund palliative efforts to relief the poor?
No capping I only said I envisaged, that's my view, tax and taxing itself is not bad.
So it's the man in charge that will know what he wants to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos / U.S. Moves To Name Boko Haram Sponsors / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.