Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? (42339 Views)

Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) / Wadume With PDP House Of Representatives Member During His Inauguration In Abuja / Sanwoolu's Children Spotted At His Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
TrainPark:

My brother, if you want to argue anecdotes and intentionally act dumb down yourself, then please yourself.

If you don't see sense in what I wrote there then, assume that it was never written and pass.

1. Was any other regime able to remove subsidy despite promising it? Were they not forced to rescind their decisions by thrwats of protest?

2. Is putting the right people in the right position not a sign of good leadership?

3. Did he not manage to avoid the Saraki type-situation through negotiation?

4. Can you honestly say Tinubu does not look like someone who knows what he came to do as a leader?

5. Only a fool will say with certainty what has not yet happened ... so putting a probability of failure is the only rational thing to do.

Who removed fuel subsidy in 2020? And what is the subsidy payment that is being made uptill last month?

Baba.. you may not like a person but you can still be objective.

you havent answered my questions.

1. committing murder or kidnapping is a fearless decision. do you judge a decision based on whether it is fearless or based on the outcome? are you saying that up till now you dont see the outcome of the "fearless decision"?

2. how is making appointment in positions an achievement?

3. which harmony has he maintained in the national assembly? is it his job to maintain harmony in the national assembly?

4. how does the country feel like it has a leader because tinubu is president?

5. you say "it remains to be seen". you arent even sure of the hope you are talking about and you say there is hope. if it "it remains to be seen", how then is there hope?

NB: fuel subsidy was completely removed in 2020. which one are you saying that tinubu has removed again?

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
you're a bloody lier to say Southerners are not suffering. What do you take the North for ? The rate of teenage and adult prostitution in southern part is overwhelming. Yahoo yahoo plus, baby factory, drug trafficking etc those negatives are what makes you know if a society is suffering or not.

I said we are not used to hardship as compared to the high level of poverty up North.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by membranus: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
Omicron007:
Today makes it exactly one month since Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Since he took the oath of office, the president has made some tough calls and decisions. He has also made some appointments.

One month later, how has he performed so far?

Until the economic pains we masses are suffering are ameliorated, Tinubu has done nada.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by AroOkigbo(m): 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:
He has done quit reasonably, beyound expection

The arrest of CBN governor (weather a personal grief which I knw that he CBN Govn. decisions that resulted to us buying the naira notes was ill begotten suh that was never heard anywhere in the world) is a big one towards fighting corruption in Nigeria. By so doing the can of warms is now open, Dss have taken in others as a result these includes the EFCC boss and also the former NSA name is now coming up.

The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard any top rankingoffers retiring as a result in because a more junior rang probably not in qualify has been appointed and the development have receive a general applaud from many prominent Nigerians.

The truth is that if Obi were to be the one that remove the fuel subsidy which he said he will if elected, there could have been a total revolution or protest atleast but he successfully have ended it without much alarcrity even though we are expecting parliative including June salary that have not yet been paid even in the difficulties and Salah.

He was able to detect sharp practices and corruption in the IPPIS including salary padding in no time, this lead to immidiate dissolving of the rotted boards of chairmen in the ministries and parastatals which could have cripple his efforts if he try to do contrarily to the corruption they install in the organization.

There is little or no attempt to influence the legislations obviously so far and other arms of government.
Besides Nigerian stock market has recorded a higher point in compairism.

Floating the naira too have sweepout middle marketers holding the nation in ransom
etc
His mandate speaks volume awaiting
How has all these affected the life of the average Nigerian? Positive or negative?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by fabolouz1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
How time flies but so far so good !
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by TrainPark: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
lexy2014:

1. committing murder or kidnapping is a fearless decision. do you judge a decision based on whether it is fearless or based on the outcome? are you saying that up till now you dont see the outcome of the "fearless decision"?

3. which harmony has he maintained in the national assembly? is it his job to maintain harmony in the national assembly?

5. you say "it remains to be seen". you arent even sure of the hope you are talking about and you say there is hope. if it "it remains to be seen", how then is hope?

NB: fuel subsidy was completely removed in 2020. which one are you saying that tinubu has removed again?

You probably did not see where I said you can continue arguing anecdotes and irrationally.

How is murder a sign of fearlessness, biko nu?

So if you look up the definition of fearless then murder is what your mind will see?

Your answers are listed in my response but you can choose not to see that each point answers your questions.. it may also fly over your head.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Kemadealadire(f): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
No comment.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by HNICEARTH: 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

It MUST have gotten to you first

*fixed*

Go learn English first before you open mouth

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Herbiodun09: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

To be fair and honest, things are really hard, there's poverty in the land.

Tinubu should please reverse the subsidy removal for now, it can be done later

He should not treat us this way

A good leader listens to his people when they cry.

When would it ever be a good time?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
TrainPark:

You probably did not see where I said you can continue arguing anecdotes and irrationally.

How is murder a sign of fearlessness, biko nu?

So if you look up the definition of fearless then murder is what your mind will see?

Your answers are listed in my response but you can choose not to see that each point answers your questions.. it may also fly over your head.

when did questions become argument? my answers arent listed in your response. your response are questions not answers. or is there no difference between a question and an answer?

5. you say "it remains to be seen". you arent even sure of the hope you are talking about and you say there is hope. if it "it remains to be seen", how then is hope?

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Believeintruth: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

The arrest of CBN governor (weather a personal grief which I knw that he CBN Govn. decisions that resulted to us buying the naira notes was ill begotten suh that was never heard anywhere in the world) is a big one towards fighting corruption in Nigeria. By so doing the can of warms is now open, Dss have taken in others as a result these includes the EFCC boss and also the former NSA name is now coming up.

The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard any top rankingoffers retiring as a result in because a more junior rang probably not in qualify has been appointed and the development have receive a general applaud from many prominent Nigerians.

The truth is that if Obi were to be the one that remove the fuel subsidy which he said he will if elected, there could have been a total revolution or protest atleast but he successfully have ended it without much alarcrity even though we are expecting parliative including June salary that have not yet been paid even in the difficulties and Salah.

He was able to detect sharp practices and corruption in the IPPIS including salary padding in no time, this lead to immidiate dissolving of the rotted boards of chairmen in the ministries and parastatals which could have cripple his efforts if he try to do contrarily to the corruption they install in the organization.

There is little or no attempt to influence the legislations obviously so far and other arms of government.

Floating the naira too have sweepout middle marketers holding the nation in ransom
etc

You really smoked dried cow dung walahi
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by HNICEARTH: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

What do u think could hv been done better,

We go face them together and if Labour didn't see anything still wrong abt it I personally who didn't even vote Obi or the president have nothing to do abt it

Calling me or any other person saying the fact as op requested an orchin is just what u do to calm ur nerves

Fine, so I can reply you now. Tinubu in one month has done this;

removed subsidy on PMS
Removed subsidy on education
Removed subsidy on forex
Plan on increasing cost of electricity
Introduced 7.5% VAT on AGO
introduced an annual levy of N1000 on car POO

That's too much on an already impoverished economy and its masses without making available safety nets and interventions before embarking on any one of the aforementioned policies.
There is a reason why you take your drugs in doses when you are sick. You dont just lump everything at a go. Government is and will always be a continuum. It is wise to be compassionate and let empathy for the govern be a guide in policy implementation.

Meanwhile, he is asking the masses to make sacrifice. What has the political class sacrificed for the nation?

His convoy was astronomical the last time he was out.
Salaries still intact with rumours about increase.
Cost of governance still same, if not about to be doubled.

His first month has nothing to write home about except for propaganda and wrong timing in policy implementations.
Unfortunately propaganda no dey fix economy!
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by hansomb: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
samuelson06:

I said we are not used to hardship as compared to the high level of poverty up North.
Every Nigeria is used to hardship. The North is contented with what they have which might make them not to even realize if they're suffering or not . Things are relatively cheap in the North compared to the south which means with less income you live a normal life here. If not for terrorism and maybe some cultural setbacks, the North is a Southerners dream. Most Southerners that comes to the North hardly wants to go back. The day I visited a friends wedding in Illorin capital, I had to appreciate what we have in the North. I hardly see a beautiful building in the capital, no any big shopping mall, furnitures and many other things necessary for day to day life. When I visited Lagos in 2006, the way we rush to enter car, the traffic jam, pick pocket and many other societal problem makes me want to get out of the city as soon as possible.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by isArray: 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
ayo2008:

How does it affect the common masses on the street?
People are hungry you are writing this? So shameful
Do you get!!! It's so crazy that the government don't give a fxck about the common people
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by searchlight: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

etc
your hard work just begun. Assuming Tinubu will spend 8nyears in office this is how you are going to be trying to explain why he's failing.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
Every Nigeria is used to hardship. The North is contented with what they have which might make them not to even realize if they're suffering or not . Things are relatively cheap in the North compared to the south which means with less income you live a normal life here. If not for terrorism and maybe some cultural setbacks, the North is a Southerners dream. Most Southerners that comes to the North hardly wants to go back. The day I visited a friends wedding in Illorin capital, I had to appreciate what we have in the North. I hardly see a beautiful building in the capital, no any big shopping mall, furnitures and many other things necessary for day to day life. When I visited Lagos in 2006, the way we rush to enter car, the traffic jam, pick pocket and many other societal problem makes me want to get out of the city as soon as possible.

Well, I may be wrong. But with the way I see Northerners begging in the South, I feel they are more tolerant to hardship than Southerners because they hardly see that the government is suffocating the people.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Timblaze(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Let the poor breathe..... don't suffocate them
The poor are not even breathing again than talk of suffocating. They are on the edge of giving up.
Look at the price of food stuff and transport. Alone, cost of living is sky rocketing daily..
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Goldmaxx(f): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

Your house is burning but Trump is your problem.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by God1000(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Goldmaxx:
Your house is burning but Trump is your problem.
Lol, please don't make me laugh dear cheesy
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by dshe: 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
He wasn't properly adviced on the repercussions of floating your currency as a non industrialized nation.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Mummyfour(f): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lanruze:
I am a resident of Lagos State and I must admit that since Asiwaju assumed leadership, there has been constant power supply in the area I live. At least an average of 21 hours daily unlike before.

it is because this is rainy season. Mark this, and make reference to this my comment in November or December
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by nedekid: 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Toped my tank with 36k, wife's own with 30k. Mind you, we had fuel in both vehicles oh. Ie 66k fuel.
I think middle class no longer exist. The recent inflation caused by his policies (good or bad) has devastated the class.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by nedekid: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
IVORY2009:
grin

To Mr Tinubu is still trying to master the job, until he appoints his ministers, and hit the ground running, I can not access him now, not forgetting, the pending case at the tribunal.
You can if you want to.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by hansomb: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
samuelson06:

Well, I may be wrong. But with the way I see Northerners begging in the South, I feel they are more tolerant to hardship than Southerners because they hardly see that the government is suffocating the people.
that's the cultural set back am talking about. In the Hausa culture there's this thing of begging mentality instead of using one's God giving ability to source for wealth. While the South may not resort to that because of shame ,it may resort to 419 in place of begging. Begging or alm seeking exist among the lower class. And there's this I don't care attitude on building wealth like in the South. Most Northerners live on a day by day bases. From hand to pocket. It's just a mentality thing.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by ebenholer2(m): 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
lexy2014:

1. the question i asked is "What are the 'a lot of positive things' he has done?" the word "are" indicates plural so does the word "things". "a lot" indicates plenty. you mentioned "appointments" which is just one (singular). how is that "things" and "a lot"?

how is appointments "a lot of positive things"?

even if the appointments arent nepotistic as you suggested, how does that unify the country?

2. once again my second question "What 'reforms were swift and clinical something no other regime has been able to achieve'?" is talking about "reforms" not "reform". you mentioned just one item..."Putting an end to funding of some unproductive institutions".

what are those unproductive institutions?

3. how does your response answer this question....How is reforms being swift and clinical and achievement when at the same time you say the same reforms are "lacking the purposeful economic governance to make the reforms stick"?

4. once again offpoint. this is the question....How are they then reforms?
Sorry to say this that you are not being realistic in your perspective. We shouldn't be over-expecting a month old baby to start walking knowing well that it takes a gradual processes to realise this. Please be patient with this government for God sake.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by LivingTribunal: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Reinaldo:
Even agbado people are crying grin grin grin grin

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by frozen70(f): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:

Just bear in mind that he will load his citizens with tax upon tax

That's his own system of government

Though i like him because I don't have a preferred candidate
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
ebenholer2:

Sorry to say this that you are not being realistic in your perspective. We shouldn't be over-expecting a month old baby to start walking knowing well that it takes a gradual processes to realise this. Please be patient with this government for God sake.

That isn't what I asked you. Are the questions too difficult for you to answer?

1. the question i asked is "What are the 'a lot of positive things' he has done?" the word "are" indicates plural so does the word "things". "a lot" indicates plenty. you mentioned "appointments" which is just one (singular). how is that "things" and "a lot"?

even if the appointments arent nepotistic as you suggested, how does that unify the country?

2. once again my second question "What 'reforms were swift and clinical something no other regime has been able to achieve'?" is talking about "reforms" not "reform". you mentioned just one item..."Putting an end to funding of some unproductive institutions".

3. how does your response answer this question....How is reforms being swift and clinical and achievement when at the same time you say the same reforms are "lacking the purposeful economic governance to make the reforms stick"?

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
ebenholer2:

That isn't what I asked you. Are the questions too difficult for you to answer? when did questions become "perspective"?

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
searchlight:
your hard work just begun. Assuming Tinubu will spend 8nyears in office this is how you are going to be trying to explain why he's failing.

Depend on how u choose to view life
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by LivingTribunal: 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lanruze:
I am a resident of Lagos State and I must admit that since Asiwaju assumed leadership, there has been constant power supply in the area I live. At least an average of 21 hours daily unlike before.

Shebi na light u dey chop ?
Shebi all Nigerians live in Lagos ?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
I will try and expose somethings to you maybe it will help you weigh things on both sides before concluding on the wrongs ones alone.

1st Let me try to ans your points from my point of view and those are some of my reasons for not bringing them up

removed subsidy on PMS
This remind me about when I bought my Sim and phone 3310 Samsung at 68k, I believed u didn't withness those occasion. Only the sim was 33k
Nitel Nigeria run cable everywhere and stand out before mobile came and was also cheap but not everybody have the liberty at owe one bcus is installment fees so one can can simply pay per minute as u talk.

Wen mobile phone came some of us made the sacrifice on a very bad policy as this subsidy persisting issue but in the case of mobile communications we now have people fully enriched, living and keeping a livelihood, more than 90% of Nigerians especially youths depend on that policy now.

Removed subsidy on education
If just lecturers strike will end as the result please let it be. There is now a scholarship that goes pari parsu, and if the standard of education will be improve why not.
If you knw how much and how many Nigerians have to travel out to avoid some of this factors related to education you won't bare it that we waste such amount outside the country.
Did you remember Sudan evacuation and the number of student that return from just Sudan alone?

Removed subsidy on forex
How does that help the poor masses ? Your probably in Lagos the people farming for the food you eat how are they affected, we need free fertilizer as GEJ did from subsidized monies

Plan on increasing cost of electricity
Introduced 7.5% VAT on AGO
introduced an annual levy of N1000 on car POO

Most of these details are not confirmed yet and the poor masses are not highly utilized or consumers

His convoy was astronomical the last time he was out.
Salaries still intact with rumours about increase.
Cost of governance still same, if not about to be doubled.

These are just information that hate can develop to keep our eyes blind to see the facts on what is possible and important, how we use to see things done which is by pampering our ego is over.
They kept on it so much so that we can't say a word in protests.

Our economy is bad just like most economy around the world and any expose mind will do what's necessary to salvage it own as a leader of such society with dependent masses and the masses your mentioning are the one in the cities not in remote villages who still go through pain and toiling to make you live ur city life.
The policy will quickly bridge the life expectancy of such masses.
But your going to now pay more in the cities to let them live well that's the full fact abt how I perceive PBAT policy and besides tough times doesn't last.

The time is now and not tomorrow as long as he will get it right.
Nigerian no belong to Tinubu and family our Judiciary are in place, our exercutives who are representing us and same ppl will amend any policy expectedly to cut any course of governance if you really approach them to ask them to work not going to collect your shares and coming to Nairaland to Rant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP crisis : PDP G5 Sheaths Sword, Makes New Demands / Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign / Obasanjo Is Under A Spell – Taiwo Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.