Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? (42340 Views)

Has President Buhari Appointed Kingibe as New Chief Of Staff? (Fact Check) / Wadume With PDP House Of Representatives Member During His Inauguration In Abuja / Sanwoolu's Children Spotted At His Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by kbit09: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
And where is Hadi Sirika former minister of aviation, Buhari's closest allies are chilling. If Hadi is not arrested for the obvious and biggest scam pointing at Nigerians to be fools, then Tinubu is only being a selective prosecutor and track cleanser.

Uten9z:
He has done quit reasonably, beyound expection

The arrest of CBN governor (weather a personal grief which personally I knw that his decisions that resulted to us buying the naira notes was ill begotten and never heard anywhere in the world) is a big one towards fighting corruption in Nigeria. By so doing the can of warm is now open, Dss have taken in others inluding EFCC boss, the former NSA name is now coming up.

The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard of retiring top officers to bring in a non qualify junior and and have receive a general applaud for him.

The truth is that if Obi were to be the one that remove the fuel subsidy which he said he will if elected, there could have been a total revolution or protest atleast but he successfully have ended it without much alarcrity even though we are expecting parliative including June salary that have not yet been paid even in the difficulties and Salah.

He was able to detect sharp practices and corruption in the IPPIS including salary padding in no time, this lead to immidiate dissolving of the rotted boards of chairmen in the ministries and parastatals which could have cripple his efforts if he try to do contrarily to the corruption they install in the organization.

There is little or no attempt to influence the legislations obviously so far and other arms of government.
Besides Nigerian stock market has recorded a higher point in compairism.

Floating the naira too have sweepout middle marketers holding the nation in ransom
etc
His mandate speaks volume awaiting
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
kbit09:
And where is Hadi Sirika former minister of aviation, Buhari's closest allies are chilling. If Hadi is not arrested for the obvious and biggest scam pointing at Nigerians to be fools, then Tinubu is only being a selective prosecutor and track cleanser.

True but certainly he has to start from somewhere abi?

Besides I heard even if is not validated that all Buhari ministers will be investigated
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
kbit09:

True but certainly he has to start from somewhere abi?

Besides I heard even if is not validated that all Buhari ministers will be investigated
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Dybala11(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
You have to suffer b4 u can enjoy
Have you ever enjoyed since you've been suffering in this country??
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by BigCowHornn: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

The arrest of CBN governor (weather a personal grief which I knw that he CBN Govn. decisions that resulted to us buying the naira notes was ill begotten suh that was never heard anywhere in the world) is a big one towards fighting corruption in Nigeria. By so doing the can of warms is now open, Dss have taken in others as a result these includes the EFCC boss and also the former NSA name is now coming up.

The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard any top rankingoffers retiring as a result in because a more junior rang probably not in qualify has been appointed and the development have receive a general applaud from many prominent Nigerians.

The truth is that if Obi were to be the one that remove the fuel subsidy which he said he will if elected, there could have been a total revolution or protest atleast but he successfully have ended it without much alarcrity even though we are expecting parliative including June salary that have not yet been paid even in the difficulties and Salah.

He was able to detect sharp practices and corruption in the IPPIS including salary padding in no time, this lead to immidiate dissolving of the rotted boards of chairmen in the ministries and parastatals which could have cripple his efforts if he try to do contrarily to the corruption they install in the organization.

There is little or no attempt to influence the legislations obviously so far and other arms of government.

Floating the naira too have sweepout middle marketers holding the nation in ransom
etc

He back tracked on naira floatation and the naira depreciated
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Dybala11(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
mayo47:
Too early for this thread. Wait till 6 months!!

By then many people will have started to she'd blood as tears.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by CursedOsuPigs: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

To be fair and honest, things are really hard, there's poverty in the land.

Tinubu should please reverse the subsidy removal for now, it can be done later

He should not treat us this way

A good leader listens to his people when they cry.

Postpone till when? It has been postponed for only-God-knows-how-many times
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Maobichek: 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
ebenholer2:

To be real with you, most Nigerians are spendrift and this is making hard for us to cope in the situation of subsidy removal. Fine, government needs to play a strong part in cushioning the effects of subsidy removal but we have a part to play too. We need to jointly adjust our spending habits inorder to cope with the situation.
Moreso, Federal government cannot do it alone, our attention needs shifted to our governor, local government chairmen, senators, house of reps members, and house of assembly members; they all have allocations meant to be used to develop their constituencies.

Many people have adjusted in their spending (a personal observation here in FCT Abj). Adjusting is one thing but our currency purchasing power has been adversely affected via the recent floating of Naira.

The first and the most effective way of cushioning the effects of problems bedeviling Nigeria is for the government to cut down on governance, let the cost of governance be cut down and the resources be used to better the lives of Nigerians. Subsidy removal have been fully pronounced and effected on many critical areas hence cost of governance should follow suit.

You talked about shifting attention to the Senators, Governors, LGA officials etc. That is good but it has never been a norm in Nigeria. This call should have been made before now and be followed strictly. If those who fought the government while they were in the opposition took this into consideration, subsidy would have been a thing of the past even before PMB took over as the president, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Electorate: 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

The arrest of CBN governor (weather a personal grief which I knw that he CBN Govn. decisions that resulted to us buying the naira notes was ill begotten suh that was never heard anywhere in the world) is a big one towards fighting corruption in Nigeria. By so doing the can of warms is now open, Dss have taken in others as a result these includes the EFCC boss and also the former NSA name is now coming up.

The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard any top rankingoffers retiring as a result in because a more junior rang probably not in qualify has been appointed and the development have receive a general applaud from many prominent Nigerians.

etc

Keep decieving yourself, you and the idiots that liked your comment.

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by ebenholer2(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
lexy2014:

Once again offpoint. That's not what I asked about.

1. What are the "a lot of positive things" he has done?

2. What "reforms were swift and clinical something no other regime has been able to achieve"?

3. How is reforms being swift and clinical and achievement when at the same time you say the same reforms are "lacking the purposeful economic governance to make the reforms stick"?

4. How are they then reforms?
1. Well let me start by telling you once again that his appointments so far have not been nepotic unlike his predecessor cos it is a big achievement to unite this nation through positive moves
2. Putting an end to funding of some unproductive institutions is a great move that deserves commendation.
3. The reform through subsidy removal is highly needed now or later, what really matter is to cushion the negative effects of such removal and it is not too late for this government to do so.
4. Above all, all the moves so far by this government have been commendable to an extent. However, I am challenging us all to point out any commendable moves through our various state government; at least this should also be in the news too cos they have a strong part to play.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
lexy2014:

Since you "made such sense abt he PBAT's achievements", then you shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.

how has he done beyond expectation?

what is Emefieles crime and on what charges has been arrested and kept in detention?

which corruption is he fighting by arresting Emefiele?

if it is corruption he is fighting, how emefiele is the only who was corrupt in the last 8years?

which "security arms" did he put in place that has no rivalry?

how is this an achievement and what the hell does it mean? ...."The security Arms he put in place for the first time have no rivalry , never heard of retiring top officers to bring in a non qualify junior and and have receive a general applaud for him."

which palliative are you expecting as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy?

what do you want to do with palliatives since you are ok with subsidy removal?

the NNPC GMD in 2020 said fuel subsidy had been totally removed in 2020. which fuel subsidy did tinubu remove again?

what type of english grammar is this? ..."this lead to immidiate dissolving of the rotted boards of chairmen in the ministries and parastatals which could have cripple his efforts if he try to do contrarily to the corruption they install in the organization."

Maybe u should direct ur questions appropriately, am not part and parcel of the the government and neither are my in politics, everything I mention here has been one time posted on Nairaland u may wish to search them out.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hezmatosky:

Na suffer go kee all of una

Nah you suffer go kee
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Dybala11(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
samuelson06:

You appraise a government based on their ability to make life better for the people more than the way they met them. All these things you are typing here is mere sycophantic expression.

Ask yourself how your life has been better off more than the way Tinubu met it. The funny thing is that nothing is going to soften the present hardship in the land.

I don't know why people like you don't learn nor understand but you claim to be a patriot more than anyone else. How was the last palliative during the COVID period? Keep talking nonsense there and remaining small. Keep praising Tinubu because he's your kinsman.
They're still hanging on his campaign mantra, all they have left is HOPE. Even when they see that things are getting worse, they still persists in their agbado ways cos of their phantom hope.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Uten9z(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
BigCowHornn:

He back tracked on naira floatation and the naira depreciated

I just heard frm u
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by oyeb15: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
I wish Buhari come back to Aso Rock
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Okwyjesus(m): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
It's too early to judge him, but the subsidy removal has compounded our problems.

The middle class just adjusted their extra vagant life small.

The poor is really suffering.
But gone are the days l pity Nigerians. Sorry l said that l have my reasons.....
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Abagworo(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
It's too early but nothing has improved. Absolutely nothing rather most things have deteriorated further.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by ebenholer2(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
Maobichek:

Many people have adjusted in their spending (a personal observation here in FCT Abj). Adjusting is one thing but our currency purchasing power has been adversely affected via the recent floating of Naira.

The first and the most effective way of cushioning the effects of problems bedeviling Nigeria is for the government to cut down on governance, let the cost of governance be cut down and the resources be used to better the lives of Nigerians. Subsidy removal have been fully pronounced and effected on many critical areas hence cost of governance should follow suit.

You talked about shifting attention to the Senators, Governors, LGA officials etc. That is good but it has never been a norm in Nigeria. This call should have been made before now and be followed strictly. If those who fought the government while they were in the opposition took this into consideration, subsidy would have been a thing of the past even before PMB took over as the president, thank you.
Well I must say I am strongly pleased with your constructive analysis...but to be honest with u there has no tangible decisions by Nigerians so far in adjusting their spending habits.
Also, Nigerians are just ill-informed through their refusal to sift their attention to the government at their localities too...this is leading us much more to be highly impoverished. We need to question our governors, senators, reps members and others too or government should as well stop allocating them money siince such money will eventually looted by them.
The federal government ought to be the last to cry to in a sane society.
Above all, I am strongly in support of this government even though I am presently non-partisan
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

I am from north east better still u may refer my hometown to middle belt and I never voted the man but I am sure abt now he has the country at heart and our unity a priority and wen thing fall into pleasant places in time I knw I will directly be affected. PBAT has done something notable why is it bad to say it or are you refuting the fact i itemised

People from the North or Middle Belt are used to hardship so you or your people will hardly see anything wrong with Tinubu and his style of governance. I'm a Southerner and I'm not used to hardship and I'm telling you that the man is suffocating us. Buhari was very bad, and Tinubu, if at all he had the interest of Nigerians at heart wouldn't have started this way.

Tell me one thing the government has done that has directly helped reduce hunger and poverty since the days of Jonathan down to Tinubu. I put it to you that the government doesn't have the people at heart. You guys are only hoping.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Oneday82: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Omicron007:
Today makes it exactly one month since Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Since he took the oath of office, the president has made some tough calls and decisions. He has also made some appointments.

One month later, how has he performed so far?

That man has worsen the condition of the masses. Let the poor breath, don't suffocate them.

My rate is 0/100
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by hansomb: 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
Dybala11:

Have you ever enjoyed since you've been suffering in this country??
Define enjoyment ?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Dybala11(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
Define enjoyment ?
For you not to know what it means, it shows you've been living without it for a long time. This is exactly what I was say in my comment.

1 Like

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by hansomb: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
samuelson06:

People from the North or Middle Belt are used to hardship so you or your people will hardly see anything wrong with Tinubu and his style of governance. I'm a Southerner and I'm not used to hardship and I'm telling you that the man is suffocating us. Buhari was very bad, and Tinubu, if at all he had the interest of Nigerians at heart wouldn't have started this way.

Tell me one thing the government has done that has directly helped reduce hunger and poverty since the days of Jonathan down to Tinubu. I put it to you that the government doesn't have the people at heart. You guys are only hoping.
you're a bloody lier to say Southerners are not suffering. What do you take the North for ? The rate of teenage and adult prostitution in southern part is overwhelming. Yahoo yahoo plus, baby factory, drug trafficking etc those negatives are what makes you know if a society is suffering or not.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
ebenholer2:

1. Well let me start by telling you once again that his appointments so far have not been nepotic unlike his predecessor cos it is a big achievement to unite this nation through positive moves
2. Putting an end to funding of some unproductive institutions is a great move that deserves commendation.
3. The reform through subsidy removal is highly needed now or later, what really matter is to cushion the negative effects of such removal and it is not too late for this government to do so.
4. Above all, all the moves so far by this government have been commendable to an extent. However, I am challenging us all to point out any commendable moves through our various state government; at least this should also be in the news too cos they have a strong part to play.

1. the question i asked is "What are the 'a lot of positive things' he has done?" the word "are" indicates plural so does the word "things". "a lot" indicates plenty. you mentioned "appointments" which is just one (singular). how is that "things" and "a lot"?

how is appointments "a lot of positive things"?

even if the appointments arent nepotistic as you suggested, how does that unify the country?

2. once again my second question "What 'reforms were swift and clinical something no other regime has been able to achieve'?" is talking about "reforms" not "reform". you mentioned just one item..."Putting an end to funding of some unproductive institutions".

what are those unproductive institutions?

3. how does your response answer this question....How is reforms being swift and clinical and achievement when at the same time you say the same reforms are "lacking the purposeful economic governance to make the reforms stick"?

4. once again offpoint. this is the question....How are they then reforms?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by hansomb: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Dybala11:

For you not to know what it means, it shows you've been living without it for a long time. This is exactly what I was say in my comment.
define enjoyment according to your experience ?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Adanac(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
When subsidy was removed what were you expecting?
We all want a better Nigeria but no one wants to pay the price!

God1000:

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
Uten9z:

Maybe u should direct ur questions appropriately, am not part and parcel of the the government and neither are my in politics, everything I mention here has been one time posted on Nairaland u may wish to search them out.

if you arent part and parcel of the the government and neither are my in politics, how then did you arrive at these conclusions in defence of Tinubus performance so far ?

Uten9z:

etc
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by mdimefields: 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Minus 100
(-100)

A revolution is needed in this country to set things right
But you know the funny thing a revolution can not happen in Nigeria because tribalism is still very in our head

Ya all should fasten your seat belt...Nigeria is gonna get worse
We can no longer deceive ourselves..
Okay you all should imagine..fuel price increase and we heard it is gonna be increased to 700
Tertiary institution fee hike...elected officers salary to be increased by 114, 1k yearly car ownership certificate to be introduced..what about our normal car registration documents is that not enough evidence we own the car
Electricity hike is on its way
Nlc is a toothless bulldog and no protest anywhere
The people can not protest because it will be seen as fighting against a particular region because their son is the president
Same thing happened during end sars protest...the north did not participate because their son was the president
Maybe we should wait until a south south son becomes the president again then a protest can happen just like the way it happened during Jonathan subsidy removal
We should stop deceiving ourselves tribalism is ruining us in Nigeria
Nigeria will never get better, because of tribalism, the only solution is to make more money. It will get worst from here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by samuelson06(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
Maobichek:

Good day, your second paragraph drew my attention to this thread. I know that ppl are suffering, no doubt about that; those who opposed subsidy removal during GEJ days are now preaching to us to accept it or go to hell despite there is nothing on ground to cushion the effects.

Please i advice you to give PBAT a benefit of doubt, i spend more now compare to the last administration but i choose to be positive. A better country is what we desire and i believe that Nigeria will be better, thank you.

Thanks for your comment.

But do you honestly think that Tinubu wouldn't have been able to put measures on ground before removing the subsidy if he had us in mind at all?

He would have been able to do that but he totally ignored doing that but went ahead to hit on the subsidy removal. That's evil bro. Soon we'll enter July, what has he done with June subsidy that he's recovered? Instead, he's busy suffocating institutions that have been largely helpful.

Soon, WAEC/NECO exam fees is going to rise because they won't be getting support from the government again. They'll have to fund themselves. All the institutions that the councils he just deprived support would begin to fund themselves. What would that mean for the services they head just like the WAEC/NECO example above?
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by skedy1(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
Yeah, personally I spend twice the previous amount on transport fare to work everyday

Prices of food items have all gone up as well.

And in all of this, your income still remains the same. It's sad!
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by Lemos14: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
hansomb:
I can bankroll your entire household and future generations to come. So shut up.

Tell this to a toddler or someone who is a zombie like you. He will believe you.
Re: One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? by TrainPark: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
lexy2014:

1. committing murder or kidnapping is a fearless decision. do you judge a decision based on whether it is fearless or based on the outcome? are you saying that up till now you dont see the outcome of the "fearless decision"?

2. how is making appointment in positions an achievement?

3. which harmony has he maintained in the national assembly? is it his job to maintain harmony in the national assembly?

4. how does the country feel like it has a leader because tinubu is president?

5. you say "it remains to be seen". you arent even sure of the hope you are talking about and you say there is hope. if it "it remains to be seen", how then is hope?

NB: fuel subsidy was completely removed in 2020. which one are you saying that tinubu has removed again?

My brother, if you want to argue anecdotes and intentionally act dumb down yourself, then please yourself.

If you don't see sense in what I wrote there then, assume that it was never written and pass.

1. Was any other regime able to remove subsidy despite promising it? Were they not forced to rescind their decisions by threats of protest?

2. Is putting the right people in the right position not a sign of good leadership?

3. Did he not manage to avoid the Saraki type-situation through negotiation?

4. Can you honestly say Tinubu does not look like someone who knows what he came to do as a leader?

5. Only a fool will say with certainty what has not yet happened ... so putting a probability of failure is the only rational thing to do.

Who removed fuel subsidy in 2020? And what is the subsidy payment that is being made uptill last month?

Baba.. you may not like a person but you can still be objective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign / PDP crisis : PDP G5 Sheaths Sword, Makes New Demands / Obasanjo Is Under A Spell – Taiwo Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.