Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils (56298 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Advancedman(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jman06:
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, sir. Most of the public universities in the country and a good number of private universities now have schools of Pharmacy. There's an increase in the number of Pharmacists being inducted into the council and it is very necessary for PCN to intensify their regulatory activities as doing so would help generate funds for the council and also create more job opportunities for the increasing number of Pharmacists in the country while promoting good health and quality of life of Nigerians.
No wahala they will start paying for increase inlicense,dues and what have you as par these new policy
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by esthel(f): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
Law school fees about to go up

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by delpee(f): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
NASS expenses and cost of governance generally must be reduced. We can't keep taking loans to take care of recurrent expenses.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Likoya: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
teemy:

domot - colloquial language for base/location
Heeya - an expresssion of regret
waaay - dragging the word 'way' to express emphasis
I was just kidding bro ,no need for all these colloquial engrish.... as if I even know wetin that one mean grin
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by teemy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
I was just kidding bro ,no need for all these colloquial engrish.... as if I even know wetin that one mean grin

When you too no add smiley before, how I go take know say you no take am personal grin
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by osothermal(m): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
This discontinuous funding will favour me and my family
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Fridaymartin: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE NIGERIA PARLIAMENT

Having pondered over what I have been told, read and witnessed in this country over the years. Where we were, where we are and where we may be in nearby future if some urgent steps are not taken to address the current state of affairs in this country. The dilapidated and backward nature of our critical sectors like health and education are nothing to write home about. I considered whether where we are today is as a result of our poor in wealth, mind or expertise; but I believe it’s none of them. Then, why are we here? I believe we’re here today because our first-class citizens (political office holders) have options, while the second-class citizens (the masses) has one and only unavoidable option of going to the public institutions in this country.

In order to remedy these pitiable conditions that is gradually making our dear country a laughing stock among the comity of nations. I therefore request the parliament to enact the following proposals into law, if majority of Nigerians support it; as majority voice is the democratic voice.

1. Anybody whose children is schooling abroad or in a private institution shall be ineligible to contest or be appointed into any political position in this country.

2. All political office holders and their immediate family (husband/wife and children) shall not receive medical attention (medical check-up or treatment) abroad or in any private hospital in this country. In other words, all political office holders MUST receive medical attention in any government owned hospital in this country.

2(i). Any political office holder(s) who feels that his/her health challenge is beyond what the medical professionals and the equipments in our government hospitals can handle MUST resign from his/her political position before seeking for medical attention abroad or in private clinic.

2(ii). Anybody who resigns from his/her elected or appointed political position for any reason other than seeking for another political position using the same party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years before being eligible of holding political position again.

2(iii). Anybody whose appointment into his/her office is subject to the confirmation of the parliament is included as in 1 and 2 above.

3. An elected political office holder(s) who decamped from the political party upon which he/she was elected to another political party *MUST* vacate his/her position to the runner-up of the election.

3(i). An elected political office holder(s) who intend to decamp *MUST* inform the electoral body (INEC) in not less than 21 days of his/her plan defection so that the electoral body will contact the runner-up to be sworn-in.

3(ii). The electoral body will only conduct bye-election to fill the vacate position only when the occupant of the position is dead or when all the contestants (from the runner-up to the candidate that scored the least number(s) of the valid vote cast) in the election are no longer available to be sworn-in into the position.

3(iii). A political office holder who decamped from his/her political party to another party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years in that party before being eligible to vote and to be voted for, in the party’s primary election(s).

3(iv). The price for the nomination forms of any political parties for its primary election(s) MUST not be more than the annual basic salary of the occupant(s) of the office the person is vying for.

4. Anybody who is entitled to pension as a result of his/her former office/ position, but is still holding another government office/position shall not be paid the pension during that period. And if he/she is also entitle to pension by his/her last office; then the pension of his last office shall nullify the former one(s). Therefore, nobody shall be receiving pension and salary (or two pensions) at the same time from the government coffers.

I firmly believe that the progress of this country depends on most of the above suggestions. I and other concern Nigerians may be mobilizing Nigerians from all walks of life (ASUU, NUT, NMA, NANS, CNPP, NLC, NBA, NYCN, SERAP, CAN, NSCIA, etc) to embark on a peaceful protest across the country, if all or most of the aforementioned proposals are not passed and assented into law by the parliament and the president respectively before 1st October 2023.

Yours sincerely,
Friday Martin Nwodo fridaynwodo20@gmail.com
+2347047488130
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by gfelo(m): 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Forget those weak minded political opponents, naija democracy is for the bold, protest should have started when INEC refuse to transmit result but because of their chicken hrt they were quiet and were only preaching change by mouth and no action

damble:
We are yet to see the sacrifices/cutting costs from the government side. I can still remember how TINU mobilized different groups to protest against Jonathan's policies. Can't will find someone from the opposition to mobilize diiferent groups for protest now or none is generous and have political strategists like TINUBU?

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by torqque7(m): 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
First time I have to admit that this move is commendable, all those agencies, professional bodies and all of them are all agent of corruption but the big question grin is what happens to the Monies saved from eliminating these expenses?

Do you even understand the implications of this?the organizations will be self funding which means the masses and citizens will be the ones to suffer for it as things like medical and pharmaceutical license renewals will be double or tripple the price and every year when Pharmacist and Doctors etc want to renew they will pay more than double what they use to pay.. Anyway APC supporters and followers are exempted sha just like they are exempted from the fuel subsidy too. Las las e go reach every body grin grin
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by gideonvalor98(m): 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
They should cut their own salaries and other benefits as well.

The cost of governance is too high in Nigeria.

Reduce NASS budget from N228.1b to 50b

The PRESIDENT or the executive cannot solely reduce the salaries of the lawmakers. These people are powerful since they represent the people.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Jman06(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

No wahala they will start paying for increase inlicense,dues and what have you as par these new policy
If increasing license fee is what it'll take for PCN to close all illegal drug markets and ensure thorough regulation of the drug supply chain in the country while curtailing the so many disease burdens and untimely deaths created by the open drug markets, then I am ready to pay. It'll be my sacrifice for a better healthcare system.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ukaface(f): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
Omo
That means school of nursing fees wey high before go come over high again
And my wonderful SON UCH no go carry last

E choke o
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by oneman2k7: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
opera1:
It's very good because most of these unions offers nothing to the economy but just to embezzle money.

You just open your mouth waaa and talk rubbish. A professional council that licences professionals for optimal performance contribute nothing to the society. Expect more brain drains from these professionals when the tax that will be place on them will be too high to cope with.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Bluntemperor: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Not bad

O P and even Seun,Una no de ck all this things Una de post!
I be seen another,the corrected version on the date
on this Circula- 1st Jan,2024 not 2026.
This corrected one is having Official Stamp of the Ministry.So,be guided.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by kingkelvin2033: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
Bluntemperor:

O P and even Seun,Una no de ck all this things Una de post!
I be seen another,the corrected version on the date
on this Circula- 1st Jan,2024 not 2026.
This corrected one is having Official Stamp of the Ministry.So,be guided.

I noticed the 2026 too. And I thought it didn't make sense considering they're trying to boost investors confidence
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jman06:
If increasing license fee is what it'll take for PCN to close all illegal drug markets and ensure thorough regulation of the drug supply chain in the country while curtailing the so many disease burdens and untimely deaths created by the open drug markets, then I am ready to pay. It'll be my sacrifice for a better healthcare system.
Is PCN NAFDAC or SON
They better face their membership bruhaha before creating problems
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Jman06(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

Is PCN NAFDAC or SON
They better face their membership bruhaha before creating problems
Sorry. PCN has the legal responsibility to regulate drug supply in the country at all stages including importation, manufacturing, distribution, whoesales and retails. They regulate both the profession and practice.

From your responses, I presume you're one of those compromising our healthcare system via sales of fake drugs and indiscriminate sales of drugs just to make profits at the expense of people's lives.

My advice is that you brace yourself to either comply with PCN's regulatory guidelines or change business.
NAFDAC and SON are also involved in drugs regulation and have their separate mandates. I'm also sure that non of them would spare you for indiscriminately poisoning Nigerians with drugs and creating more disease burdens for our fragile healthcare system.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by jimcaddy(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nice move. They should go and generate their own revenue and stop draining the federal purse. If they can't sustain, they should either merge or fold up.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by OyinO: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
It would've been better to stop those with no relevant value to the government and society instead of stopping them all, especially when the huge expenditures and senseless NASS spendings of politicians are not stopped. Yeye
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ogmask: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
angry

Until they stop the funding of our Nigeria politicians from going abroad for treatment, that is when I'll take the federal government serious tongue

....and holy pilgrimage to Mecca and Israel. Make dem also remember to lock the money wey dem save well make relooters nor loot am.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by shehuaz: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Why not start with cutting down all the political appointees salary into the halve and removing their allowances.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Hussein035: 6:31am On Jun 30, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://thenigerialawyer.com/orosanye-report-fg-discontinues-funding-of-professional-bodies-councils/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7744252/subsidy-professional-bodies-removed

It is very good to stop funding some useless Bodies and agencies. There are so many vacancies in almost all agencies but they will never employ based on qualifications but wait for their senior staff children who are still in 200 level or ND 2 to graduate so that they can just fix them there.

Removing FG support will definitely make them to begin employ people with brain and not people who are waited for only to come and press phone for 8 hours daily and go home.

Useless and unnecessary ministries everywhere
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by opera1(m): 7:09am On Jun 30, 2023
oneman2k7:

You just open your mouth waaa and talk rubbish. A professional council that licences professionals for optimal performance contribute nothing to the society. Expect more brain drains from these professionals when the tax that will be place on them will be too high to cope with.

You people will just open your mouth waaaa and talk nonsense.
Most of the people under those unions are staff/workers of either Federal or state government and they also collect money for Registration and License renewal and you still want Federal Govt to be wasting money on them.

National Automative Design and Development, how many motor dem don produce or you see for road?

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by francotunsco: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2023
I expect this to be the first of several moves to cut cost of governance in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, i have issues with the December 2026 effective date. Why so long? Why not say a year from now or thereabouts?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Chinny024(f): 10:37am On Jun 30, 2023
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by wasuka14(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
Surely we will get there. Just watch it. With this baby step, it will work and run. Government will no longer sponsor the children of the rich to go to school and hospital in abroad. Let's give Jagaban full support. Before 4yrs, we will achieve great things.

Ihateheadslamer:
angry

Until they stop the funding of our Nigeria politicians from going abroad for treatment, that is when I'll take the federal government serious tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015 / Fayose Personally Drives Apostle Suleman To His Hotel Room After DSS Saga. Pics / Aisha Buhari: A New Type Of First Lady In Nigeria?-AFP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.