Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils (56240 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:
Even if this administration has not done anything meaningful to you, for once that fellow.has to applaud it for this.

To imagine that there are more people enjoying the subsidy than we can ever think of.

To imagine that past administrations have been doling out cash like this while lamenting the paucity of funds is sickening.

Las las, all Nigerians are the same.
Are you high?
You are applauding the erasure of your engineering,nursing and medical councils?
Wait o!!
It is like you don't understand that WAEC and neck is there
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ppogba: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
oloriooko:
tinubu does not have the balls to reduce cost of governance, he dare not!
he can cut others without direct confrontation at him while deliberately ignore the humongous cost of governance
if he tries it, wind go blow, the chicken yansh go open
we have a long way to go walahi!

At least he has the balls to stop this nonsense that other administrations were paying while crying that there are no funds.

2 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Tadeus(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
olawonder:
How Baba Buhari spent nearly a decade without even considering checking what these ‘organisations’ and ‘councils’ were up to, I don’t understand! They just kept allocating huge funds to them year in year out without any positive impacts on the economy… is that because most of these orgs are filled with Abokis with no knowledge of anything about what these organisations were set up to do?? President Tinubu is actually the man for the job, kudos to him on these actions since he got into office!

Election period is over. I think it's time for all of us that voted for Tinubu, PO and Atiku comes together to face reality.

No sane government will vote to stop funding for professors. Most of you here don't know what this means in actual real world. It's insane. It means no more funding for research et Al.

President Tinubu should cut down the cost of governance first. Not just cutting down everything that poor masses benefit from.

You stop subsidizing fuel, good move kudos. What's next? Do we have more funding for education, health and infrastructures?

We should start asking the Tinubu government questions.

I will never support any government to stop funding for professors. My opinion
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Judolisco(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
They should cut their own salaries and other benefits as well.

The cost of governance is too high in Nigeria.

Reduce NASS budget from N228.1b to 50b
they'll impeach d president... Most of them r there 4 d money

2 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:

At least he has the balls to stop this nonsense that other administrations were paying while crying that there are no funds.
WAEC
NECO
Nursing andmidwifery Council
Nigerian Medical Council
Council of Engineering is
Nonsense to you?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Tadeus(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:

And the fund will be channelled to their pockets. Why spend almost 250b on nass? Let's start by cutting down the cost of governance first before all these nonsense rascality
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ppogba: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

Are you high?
You are applauding the erasure of your engineering,nursing and medical councils?
Wait o!!
It is like you don't understand that WAEC and neck is there

If only "my councils" can account for the various funds that they have been.collecting from members and students without allowing them to breathe.

2 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Lanre1st(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
That's by the way.... cry
Please anybody who runs a Computer business center around Festac, like where they do jamb,WAEC, NECO, GCE, ARMY,NYSC and other online registrations, please I want to learn how to do those things...I don't mind working for you for free.. I type extremely fast(70-90 WPM without looking at keyboard), I also know how to use Ms word, Excel and Corel draw (to some good extent) I can also edit passports, do Lamination, e.t.c ... Just basically anything you do in a business center because I've worked in one before but I did not grab those registrations part and that is what I want to learn....If you're willing to take me, just quote me and I'll drop my phone number..

Are a lady?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Angelfrost(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Even WAEC... Issokay!!!

Education is basically not for everyone!

Meanwhile... When will they review and start cutting the salaries and allowances of all elected and appointed government officials??! When will they stop spending scarce national resources on foreign medical trips for all elected officials starting from Mr. President??! When will they start declaring the expenditure and income of the federation publicly for all citizens to see??!

Until these are done, you can't convince any sensible person that you are improving the nation! It will remain impossible for an average citizen to believe you are doing anything in his best interest!

You can't solely impoverish the average citizens to maintain the corrupt lifestyles of politicians!
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:

If only "my councils" can account for the various funds that they have been.collecting from members and students without allowing them to breathe.
Vetting of accounts is a totalling different objective than to literally shut down your engineering .WAEC,neck and medical councils.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ppogba: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tadeus:

And the fund will be channelled to their pockets. Why spend almost 250b on nass? Let's start by cutting down the cost of governance first before all these nonsense rascality

That the funds will be channelled to their pockets is debatable.
What is not debatable is that funding this category is a crime against poor Nigerians that were not allowed to breathe.
What is not debatable is that an administration is bold enough to do what most Nigerians never knew was going on.

3 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Blankstare(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
This is serious! I can see librarian registration council there.. I thought it's full fledged government parastatals..
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Likoya: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Lanre1st:

Are a lady?
No, I'm a guy... 22
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by gloryman91: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Better and hope Orainsanye Report on civil Reports, also putting all political post holders on civil servants salary grade levels.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:

That the funds will be channelled to their pockets is debatable.
What is not debatable is that [ unding this category is a crime against poor Nigerians that were not allowed to breathe.
What is not debatable is that an administration is bold enough to do what most Nigerians never knew was going on.
Funding WAEC,NECO,COREN ,And NURSING is a crime?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ppogba: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

WAEC
NECO
Nigerian Medical Council
Nonsense to you?

You seem to be using Waec and Neco as a shield.
Without government funding, is there anything that COREN and the Medical council were doing before now that they will not be able to do again with the stoppage of this funding? You may wish to tell me.about ICAN too.
Let the argument start from there.

3 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Angelfrost(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Pooldrowning:
Orosanye report gathered dust on JONATHAN's table.

The same report gathered more dust on BUHARI's table.

Now, the report has started gathering plenty more dust on President TINUBU's table.

Why is it hard for these leaders to save cost, starting from them?!

You already know the answer to your query in BOLD!

These elected officials starting from the President are not concerned about the welfare of even those who campaigned and voted for them!

They are solely concerned about keeping the economy sustainable enough for them to loot while in power!

It's really that simple!

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Come o!
Is JAMB also affected like this?🤧🤧
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by stolaonipekun: 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
What of national assembly jumbo pay and security vote
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by KingLennon(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
First time I have to admit that this move is commendable, all those agencies, professional bodies and all of them are all agent of corruption but the big question is what happens to the Monies saved from eliminating these expenses?
It's a disaster, many people will drop out of school because of high school fees and the medical sector will increase their cost too and that will lead to the deaths of many impoverish and average people...
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
ppogba:

You seem to be using Waec and Neco as a shield.
Without government funding, is there anything that COREN and the Medical council were doing before now that they will not be able to do again with the stoppage of this funding? You may wish to tell me.about ICAN too.
Let the argument start from there.
Is like you don't know the work of the councils.tgat is why you are ignorant of the impact?
If you schooled in Nigeria.you will not debate about WAEC and NECO
If you have a medical personnel you will not even argue about nursing council
Then with coren.i will leave it to the time when your goernment will shouting that they few engineers you have are flying out with MotoGP 3 bikes

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Antiurchins: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
If they have allowed GEJ to remove subsidy in 2012 by now we should be looking at N300 NNPC price.

Do you know the weird thing about Nigerians? The suffering they endured under Buhari and they are willing to endure BAT they won't endure it under GEJ or any Igbo man as President. A lot of people enjoyed under GEJ yet they tagged him an Igbo man and cursed the hell out of him. As if na Igbo man spoil Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by membranus: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

WAEC
NECO
Nigerian Medical Council
Nonsense to you?

Yes. All of them are generating huge revenue from members and students. What are they doing with it?

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Ferdinandu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://thenigerialawyer.com/orosanye-report-fg-discontinues-funding-of-professional-bodies-councils/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7744252/subsidy-professional-bodies-removed
They are quick to stop funding professional bodies but I never heard them talking about the Christian and Muslims pilgrimage board. This is the two useless agencies I don't know the reasons why government should even set them up. We only need ambassadors to that countries and that should be it

3 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Angelfrost(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
damble:
We are yet to see the sacrifices/cutting costs from the government side. I can still remember how TINU mobilized different groups to protest against Jonathan's policies. Can't will find someone from the opposition to mobilize diiferent groups for protest now or none is generous and have political strategists like TINUBU?

Their eye-service protest worked in 2012 because Nigerians were still considerably united on specific issues...!

Thanks to APC, the nation has fully and irrevocably been divided along Ethnic and Religious lines!

No revolution and protest will gain ground today! NONE!!!

Most Nigerians will rather suffer and die than unite with other ethnic or religious groups to protest against the government, especially if the leaders are from their ethnic or religious groups! This is the REALITY!

I have literally washed my hands off this nation (both leaders and citizens)! I suggest you do the same, for your sanity's sake!

2 Likes

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
membranus:

Yes. All of them are generating huge revenue from members and students. What are they doing with it?
Have you vetted the accounts of the three I mentioned before?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Berankis: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Pooldrowning:
Orosanye report gathered dust on JONATHAN's table.

The same report gathered more dust on BUHARI's table.

Now, the report has started gathering plenty more dust on President TINUBU's table.

Why is it hard for these leaders to save cost, starting from them?!
I believe this should be our next slogan in this country - cut the cost of governance by 50% not just on the masses side only,thee Government should also trim down too!!! This is very important.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by aklid(m): 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Now waec and neco fees are definitely gon hit above 100k

As an aspiring engineer now to register with the council go hard as f too
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
WAEC , NECO will increase their forms be that na

Ehn na so
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by MikeBetty(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://thenigerialawyer.com/orosanye-report-fg-discontinues-funding-of-professional-bodies-councils/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7744252/subsidy-professional-bodies-removed
to cut cost of governance, 50% cut of political office holder's pay. Stop constituency projects funding, this is because majority of them does not execute them. Funding of National pilgrimage. That is one of the most useless govt funding I have ever seen. Why must govt sponsor few for religious tourism abroad while educational sector begs for financing. I know some will term it blasphemy. Some of the pilgrims end up stealing, escape like prisoners. All in the name of going to pray.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
aklid:
Now waec and neco fees are definitely gon hit above 100k

As an aspiring engineer now to register with the council go hard as f too
As for those engineering bodies they will have no choice to turn it to cheap market inorder to raise funds but you see that WAEC, NECO omo.they will put money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan And His Kids At A London Restaurant (photo) / Eye Witness Account Of The BRT/Military Clash / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.