Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils (56303 Views)

#RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Awesome01(m): 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Wow !!! With this policy. The cost of WAEC, NECO and GCE will sky-rocket. The gap between the rich and the poor will become more wide. Na wa o
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by wink2015(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
They should cut their own salaries and other benefits as well.

The cost of governance is too high in Nigeria.

Reduce NASS budget from N228.1b to 50b

The National Assembly should be run on part time.

What laws are they making that is even moving the country forward?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Judolisco:
iswr because now they have to pay their salaries themselves
Mehn!
WAEC expenses no be here.
They have the headquarter building to maintain at jibowu,then ogba then add all there zonal offices in Nigeria plus state offices.
Then external supervisors and invigilators,training,storage etc
No be here o
Then you will add NECO
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Mayflowa(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
akeentech:
Asiwaju should make sure the politicians starting from his office cut their salaries too, from there we can be sure of his good intentions for the nation.

Cut salaries for politicians? Were you not here when they increased it by 114% last week
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Buffalo2(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
matm:

No politicians are not included.
C'est fini
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Jman06(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Many of these bodies make so much money even before now. PCN for example generates alot of money and is in a position to even make alot more if they increase their regulatory activities by making sure that nobody operates outside their regulation in any part of the country.

However, anti corruption agencies like efcc and icpc should also beam their searchlights on these councils to ensure that generated funds don't get diverted into private pockets.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Mitsurugi(m): 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Likoya:
That's by the way.... cry
Please anybody who runs a Computer business center around Festac, like where they do jamb,WAEC, NECO, GCE, ARMY,NYSC and other online registrations, please I want to learn how to do those things...I don't mind working for you for free.. I type extremely fast(70-90 WPM without looking at keyboard), I also know how to use Ms word, Excel and Corel draw (to some good extent) I can also edit passports, do Lamination, e.t.c ... Just basically anything you do in a business center because I've worked in one before but I did not grab those registrations part and that is what I want to learn....If you're willing to take me, just quote me and I'll drop my phone number..

Go to 21 Road I Close Festac Town. Ask for Femi at Lapaz Cyber Cafe
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jman06:
Many of these bodies make so much money even before now. PCN for example generates alot of money and is in a position to even make alot more if they increase their regulatory activities by making sure that nobody operates outside their regulation in any part of the country.
How many pharmacist are on the council to mount federal and state hospital all over Nigeria before you start thinking of money ,money!
That is the only thing you are thinking?

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Likoya: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Mitsurugi:

Go to 21 Road I Close Festac Town. Ask for Femi at Lapaz Cyber Cafe
Please are you the one? cry
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Jman06(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

How many pharmacist are on the council to mount federal and state hospital all over Nigeria before you start thinking of money ,money!
That is the only thing you are thinking?
They don't regulate just the professionals but also the practice including manufacturing, community, distribution, hospital practice etc. So, there are many avenues for them to generate funds.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jman06:
They don't regulate just the professionals but also the practice including manufacturing, community, distribution, hospital practice etc. So, there are many avenues for them to generate funds.
So you cannot hijack NAFDAC.
So how many pharmacy graduates do you currently have that can mount your present numbers of federal,state medical facilities because the last time the count was made.they were overworked for lack of personel
Not everything you as a government shout mae money to the detrement of professional acquisition
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Global2000: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
All the mugu's shouting, this administration will favour me and my family. This is just the introduction. By the time he begins properly. I will open my fifteen years old wine. And say it you before. Tinubu can't give what he doesn't possess.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Judolisco(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

Mehn!
WAEC expenses no be here.
They have the headquarter building to maintain at jibowu,then ogba then add all there zonal offices in Nigeria plus state offices.
Then external supervisors and invigilators,training,storage etc
No be here o
Then you will add NECO
they'll soon say Nigeria is paying waec fees for d whole of west Africa....
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Jman06(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

So you cannot hijack NAFDAC.
So how many pharmacy graduates do you currently have that can mount your present numbers of federal,state medical facilities because the last time the count was made.they were overworked for lack of personel
There's no lack of personnel anything! More Pharmacy schools are getting accredited both private and public.

I think this news is a positive one for some of the affected councils like pcn, nmcn and mdcn if they do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by 77up(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
gabazin080:
I will take them serious when they cut down politicians salary by half and remove all allowances they enjoy thereby making political seats unattractive
as if you people still see anything else to say when he did that.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by TOMMYS: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
olawonder:
How Baba Buhari spent nearly a decade without even considering checking what these ‘organisations’ and ‘councils’ were up to, I don’t understand! They just kept allocating huge funds to them year in year out without any positive impacts on the economy… is that because most of these orgs are filled with Abokis with no knowledge of anything about what these organisations were set up to do?? President Tinubu is actually the man for the job, kudos to him on these actions since he got into office!

Are you saying it's not possible that after 8 years of emilokan, another aboki can Comes and start funding this councils and with Thier aboki brother's at the helm of affairs.

Now who be the mumu southerner or northerner

Naija na strong domain o
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Dchampion65: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
I don't care about others but WAEC AND NECO should be revisited. Biko
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Blitzking: 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Has this govt stopped funding their unnecessary convoy...have they stopped funding their frequent trips abroad to what can be done here.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Arapmoi22: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:

Go to the Member of HOR and the Senator Representing your constituency.
I do not mean where you live o, but the one representing your village.

Ask them to initiate and champion the reduction.
Charity begins at home o.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by nduomeje(m): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
That's very good.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by nduomeje(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
It's well
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by nduomeje(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
It's well
Blitzking:
Has this govt stopped funding their unnecessary convoy...have they stopped funding their frequent trips abroad to what can be done here.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:

Ihateheadslamer:
angry
Until they stop funding of our Nigeria politicians going abroad for treatment, that is when I'll take the federal government serious tongue

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
First time I have to admit that this move is commendable, all those agencies, professional bodies and all of them are all agent of corruption but the big question is what happens to the Monies saved from eliminating these expenses?
No money anywhere. Government borrow to fund them. We are closing to 81 trillion debt. The borrowing accumulated to that amount because of all these funding. So, nothing safe from stopping the funding to them.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by benjaminlawson(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Agreed to the decision, but all this stop this, stop that only applicable to poor masses. What have they done or intend to do to politicians and top civil servant who are so corrupt and deceived the government about what it cost to provide essential services. Now what are they going to do with budget padding, whereby computers and other equipment are always included in the budget every year. Contract price in Nigeria is highest in the world, the same government that is denying masses of benefits from government has not say anything about contract inflation, or collection of money for unexecuted project, until they deal with this issue of corruption in governance that masses will know that the government mean well for Nigerians.
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by ppogba: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
engineerboat:

It's still the masses that will suffer for this.

The council generate revenue for government.

Why did theg exclude JAMB also

The councils DO NOT generate revenue for government sir.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by benjaminlawson(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Arapmoi22:

Go to the Member of HOR and the Senator Representing your constituency.
I do not mean where you live o, but the one representing your village.

Ask them to initiate and champion the reduction.
Charity begins at home o.

Is it the people that champion the one they stop? So those people that champion and implement that one stopped should also champion and execute that of cutting the cost of governance and contract inflation, this is the main problem in our polity not subvention to professional bodies.

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jman06:
There's no lack of personnel anything! More Pharmacy schools are getting accredited both private and public.

I think this news is a positive one for some of the affected councils like pcn, nmcn and mdcn if they do the right thing.
Which pharmacy schools?
It is like you don't know the under number of pharmacist you have !
How many pharmacists even graduate talk less of been employed ,before you even talk about them getting into council.and the council was under government o!
Now they are on their own!
No wahala
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by obonujoker(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Emmastan291:
IMO, There's nothing wrong with FG funding these professional bodies just that a small group of people doesn't make use of the money properly...
The Professional Bodies also should not depend on the FG for its funds, they should find ways of making their money..

I hope when doctor increases their fees, you won't complain or when Engineer enforce rules that you just be registered before you can practice thereby affecting roadside mechanics that collect 2k to change car plugs, You won't complain?
Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by baralatie(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
SsweetAnn:

No money anywhere. Government borrow to fund them. We are closing to 81 trillion debt. The borrowing accumulated to that amount because of all these funding. So, nothing safe from stopping the funding to them.
It is not the funding of these bodies that lead to government debt.it is government borrowing to fund infrastructure,recession,COVID and oil sales slump plus naira dollar rates that now placed it in a precarious situation

So all these that it is doing is not solving government financial problems!.it is only trying to stay afloat due to the debt it is facing currently

1 Like

Re: FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:

It is not the funding of these bodies that lead to government debt.it is government borrowing to fund infrastructure,recession,COVID and oil sales slump plus naira dollar rates that now placed it in a precarious situation

So all these that it is doing is not solving government financial problems!.it is only trying to stay afloat due to the debt it is facing currently
Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / COVID-19: Ganduje Rejects Kwankwaso’s Amana Hospital As Isolation Center / "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.