Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? (1219 Views)

What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:32am On Jul 01, 2023
Mille:

I really enjoyed reading your reply. Back to the topic.No; You alone cannot teach a son on how to be a man.

I grew up in a lower middle class environment with a very alarming rate of single motherhood. In fact, our building had 4 single mother tenants and I had to befriend, play and go to school with plenty of guys who were raised by single moms. My observations are the following;

- There is an absence of a father's authority and discipline. Despite the women's effort, many of the male children become delinquent. For those with the presence of an involved father, the situation is mostly different. In fact, the threat of "I'll tell your father when he comes back" by your mother is enough to turn you straight. I am sure you yourself have heard the phrase " I go tell your papa" quite often.

- It tends to open up the children to all forms of abuse by their peers and other members of the society. From physical abuse to bullying to sexual abuse etc. because most times, members of the society have no one to fear.

- They tend to be very emotional and sensitive just like women. Take decisions with emotions and no logic. And to hide their sensitivity, they become unnecessarily aggressive. As we know, aggressiveness leads to delinquency which leads to a violent street attitude which then leads to a life of crime.

- Crime; My God. That's the most significant effects. All of the factors I have listed contribute to it. Our streets, our schools can just turn upside down in the blink of an eye. I always had to wear "civilian clothes" under my school uniform just in case of trouble which could happen anytime.
From Lagos to London where the teenage sons of these single mothers are stabbing each other to the US where "a child raised without a father is five times more likely to commit crime and be poor, nine-times more likely to drop out of school, and 20 times more likely to end up in jail or prison". The situation is the same.

- As we all know, the absence of a father is the single most important cause of poverty. Too bad Nigeria doesn't have a statistics.

*For the US, Children living in female-headed families with no spouse present have a poverty rate of 45.8 percent, over four times the rate of children in married-couple families (9.5 percent)

Well done for telling our resident feminists the undisputable truth.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Oyindamolah: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Dc14:
I am glad I made your day

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 9:28am On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=124140184][/quote] much love. Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by holocron: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2023
It can be unfortunate for a man to be raised solely by a single mother. The African tradition of joint upbringing by the extended family gives better results in such cases.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2023
holocron:

It can be unfortunate for a man to be raised solely by a single mother. The African tradition of joint upbringing by the extended family gives better results in such cases.
hmmm but i guess female raise better

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by holocron: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2023
Dc14:
. When they no they will comeback why do they leave before

Vicious, life-threatening attitude from the baby mama usually promts the escape.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
holocron:

Vicious, life-threatening attitude from the baby mama usually promts the escape.
but come for the kid after the woman has work alot to make the kid a better person it not fair
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Pojomojo: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dc14:
am really impres with this write up. In the last 16 years have always been on my mom side till i lost her last year she has been my everything had recived more lesson from her than my dad. Now i dnt no how to associate with my father now
I think 🤔 someone gave you questions to ask on this thread
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Pojomojo: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kajaard:

Na wah oh shocked The op didn't ask about children raised by single dads na undecided

He simply asked for those people raised by single moms to see reactions as society has a negative notion that kids raised by single moms become soft or lack character and engage in vices.

And we wonder why our graduates are not employable when they cannot answer simple questions undecided
undecided
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pojomojo:
never it just what happing to me so i need view about it

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pojomojo:
it my real life story
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kajaard:

Na wah oh shocked The op didn't ask about children raised by single dads na undecided

He simply asked for those people raised by single moms to see reactions as society has a negative notion that kids raised by single moms become soft or lack character and engage in vices.

And we wonder why our graduates are not employable when they cannot answer simple questions undecided
understanding matter thank for talking note.. Was looking if i could see few of them and see how they are doing in life may b mother had to them positively
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Pojomojo: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2023
Dc14:
it my real life story
okay

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Oyindamolah: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2023
holocron:

Not in every case

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Not in every case
i guess men are somethings else

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Pojomojo: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2023
Shegzdave:
First off, raising a boy isn’t an easy feat talkmore being raised by a single mother isn’t easy one bit and I give kudos to women who do did that , they’re Golden.

Contrary to the popular opinion that boys raised by single mothers are too soft, I’ll say it’s a lie caused being raised by a single mother who prioritize hard work and lacks entitlement mentality will sharpen the boy into something great, a mother who believes that she could single handedly raised a child(boy), with all the stress involved in it.

Men raised by single mothers always feel loved, even in their relationship, the only disadvantage is that they checkmate the love a lady have for them and once they realized it’s not like their Mum, they can have issue with the said lady cause they’re used to being loved, and pampered but they always look out for those they love, being raised by a single mother will warrant people calling you “Mummy’s Boy” but why should you give a f*ck about that cause you should be proud being called that.

Also, the guy will try everything in his ability to have a stable marriage so that his kids won’t have the issue of a missing fatherly figure while growing up cause growing up without one can make the boy not assertive, shy though.

If you’re dating a guy raised by a single mother, don’t try and make him choose between you and his Mum cause there is every possibility he’ll choose his Mum over you over and over again.

In conclusion, as a guy being raised by a single mother will change his perspective about a lot of things.

Shoutout to the Hardworking Single Mum raising their children all by themselves cause shit ain’t easy.
A child irrespective of the gender.
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Shegzdave: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pojomojo:
A child irrespective of the gender.
Yeah... I know

Since the topic clearly stated Son, I just gave My submission

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Pojomojo: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
wink
Shegzdave:

Yeah... I know

Since the topic clearly stated Son, I just gave My submission

1 Like

Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Dc14(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pojomojo:
wink
nice view so many of then are ofline
Re: Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? by Oyindamolah: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Dc14:
i guess men are somethings else
Probably

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Schoolboy Aged 13 Has Become One Of Britain's Youngest Fathers / Cousin Marriages : Whats Your Opinion ? / Your Kid's Might be Strugling To Love You Just Like I Am.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.