Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (23977 Views)

Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / What Are Your Experiences With GNLD??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Tboymessiah(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
fatboyslym007:
Lebanese, Indian n Chinese bosses can be nasty. And I blame Nigerians not them.
I had my IT at Nigerian Foundries. My supervisor was a Chinese man. I was to cut n replace the fibre glasses in their furnaces for the day.
Fortunately, I read the instructions on PPEs to wear b4 attempting to cut the fibre glass.
I went to the store to request for PPE. The stupid store keeper was telling me I should go n work on it like that since other IT students were doing. I told the storeman I'm not working without my required PPE.

My Chinese supervisor saw me standing Infront of the store. So he came to confront me and the guy dey slap people anyhow. I told him I waiting for my PPEs n I won't move or work with fibre glass without being properly kitted. I had made my fits say if him try any nonsense I go punch am.

The asiangar (asian nigga) was just complaining. "I'm the only IT student that gives him trouble." I told him my school taught me safety first. If other IT students didn't consider safety it's not my fault. Omo the asiangar no get choice than to tell the store man to give me my PPE. I was the only IT student with PPE working on fibre glass that day.

The stupid asiangar came to meet me and insisted I bring my logbook for signing. I tell am say I'll bring it the following day. More than 10 years now. I still dey bring my logbook.
Oloriburuku asiangar wan destroy 15unit course for me. grin cheesy

NasoLifeBe!!!
Na u sign the book urself ni?

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Ajione(m): 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
b3llo:
some people say Chineses are better than Indians. I don't know of Lebanesse and Palestinians, I can't say much for them.

Lebanesse are the worst . Wicked souls and most corrupt people. I don't blame them because our government has failed us.
People at the top collect bribe from those people.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Bakrabas: 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
manlawal:
you use skycargo also

Yeah...I use skycargo, currently I'm there

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by bigcee(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:

I currently working with an Indian multinational and trust me my boss gives me maximum respect and seeks my opinion and approval on things relating to work. My team are in far away India but we work like we are together.
They are not really that bad as people talk about them... I have rejected offer of over 500k recently. Because I love this indian team and I see myself working with them for a while... I got another invite from another multinationals but declined because I like my Indian team. Indians are better than Nigerian bosses... Trust me

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by abbeyd2(m): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Try Lebanese companies mostly in construction you will not be happy to the trauma of the people. Our labour ministry is not doing anything.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by chuksanambra: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
RaptorX:
Begging to stay in the same country you Nigerians are running away from.

Look at this one. Do you even know how hard it is to get Nigerian visa as a foreigner?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Primusinterpares(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

That's good. You are lucky to meet the nice ones. Though, the fact about them can not change. Nigerian bosses on the other hand is something else. Most of them carry their village mentality, tribalism, religious belief and normal wickedness into work places.
The good thing about Indians is that they are focus and get things done. But their character not good.
I prefer them to Nigerian bosses... In My former company an Indian expert I worked with actually taught me all the things about chillers... Be practically gave me asscess into the system which is only for authorized personnel.

But make one Nigerian man know password he go guide am like say na only him dey this world make you for nor know pass am make you nor take him job... Very crude mentality

6 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by MoneyMustBMade(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Chinese people are rude but they pay higher than many companies in Africa
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Mavanda(m): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=Meerahbel post=124117220][/quote]its their culture, they treat you same way they treat their employees in China nothing different

4 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by b3llo(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ajione:

Lebanesse are the worst . Wicked souls and most corrupt people. I don't blame them because our government has failed us.
People at the top collect bribe from those people.
wow! I thought the extravagant lifestyle of style will reflect on them.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:
I prefer them to Nigerian bosses... In My former company an Indian expert I worked with actually taught me all the things about chillers... Be practically gave me asscess into the system which is only for authorized personnel.

But make one Nigerian man know password he go guide am like say na only him dey this world make you for nor know pass am make you nor take him job... Very crude mentality
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. I will give the Indians the thumbs up for good company goals achievement and they are diligent in their work. The kind of wickedness 9ja bosses practice most times self is even worst than devil.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by theamazonguru(m): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
We are talking of Chinese and Indians, forgetting our own Nigerian brothers.

Well don't let me generalize sha. Let me just say some Nigerians are "wickedness" personified. Very greedy, selfish and wicked.

My experiences with Nigerian bosses.
1. They like to create disparity amongst cadre of staff.
Like we are staff, you are contract staff, we are not mates, we are not on the same level.

This is common only amongst Nigerians. I have worked with Ugandan, French and American bosses. They see everyone as the same, saying we are all colleagues.

2. When meetings are held and it is suggested that bonuses are paid to contract staff, our own black brothers will rise against it saying there is no need for that, after all we are paying them their salaries, why pay bonus again.
Meanwhile they get all sorts of allowances: housing, security, inconvenience, production, first product allowances.
3. Most recently, the Group CEO gave a blank cheque to all affiliates (Countries) to increase staff emoluments by 100% from whatever it was eg 10k/day to 20k/day I know someone on 60k/day. This is to curb the incessant Japa thing. As people were leaving in droves.
These wicked lots stood against it, proposing a salary increase of only 5%.
What wickedness.
4. One MD was sent to Nigeria to ensure contract staff who meet certain criteria are converted to permanent staff. Her tenure was supposed to be 4 years.
Guess what,she left in less than 2 years.
My Nigerian brothers started bringing juju to the office. Started frustrating all her efforts in achieving the set goal. Note: These guys are the owners of most of the contractors/vendors companies. So converting most of the contract staff under their payroll to permanent staff is equivalent to collecting their side hustle from their hands. They would do anything to prevent that from happening.

These are people that get all kinds of bonuses from time to time, multiple times in a year.

Now I believe black man na him be black man problem.

5 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by musicwriter(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ykc2:
Chinese & Indians god forbid they employed you, but come to think of it, who are blacks bossing on this planet earth? Is like every race on this earth defeated Black people,from arabs to white people now Indians and Chinese people very soon people from Cambodia and Bangladesh will start their own,are we rabbits that is been defeated by every animal cry cry cry, even nigerian most sophisticated people are serving Chinese and Indians too like the rest of other nigerians cry cry cry

I sit down every day thinking about the type of question in bold. And that's the type of question that those Africans who have so called succeeded in the Euro-centric system of things should answer.

As regards the defeat, it began in 332 BC after Europeans conquered ancient black Egypt. A white European king (Ptolemy I soter) declared himself as God, Savior, redeemer and made black people to worship him. That's the precursor of Jesus and that's when Europeans made a vow that black people would never be up for anything good again.

Once our spirit was destroyed, it was pretty easy for them to later destroy everything else such as language and education. And that's why we're in such a bad shape today.

Watch out for details in my upcoming book: "what is Satan? The biggest secret in the world"

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by maasoap(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Slavery..pass
I was never opportuned to work with any before.. jus Indian once, that was during my IT year, very nice Man. Dileep Kumar 👍, u rep.

I was the EDITOR of his 98 Gf list, I scrutinize them n dropped to 57 Gf (Starcom mobile FREE TEXT that year) ... las last he added my lecturer who was IT supervisor from my school join, she gave me A in my IT Report ... her last born was later identified as Half-cast after DILEEP had left.
You meant to say that Master Dileep left something behind to remind of him? grin grin grin
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by ArticleBeast: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
DRKRIZ:
[color=#990000][/color]
If you have worked for a Chinese boss or Chinese company,you would know working for a black man or Nigerian man is far better...No matter how bad he/she may be ,they understand your plight sometimes.... Chinese are dam wicked people..
I have worked with them. You will notice when they first come they are nice but later change. Why? Your fellow Nigeria managers will tell them to treat the workers with strong hands

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iamL(f): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
b3llo:
some people say Chineses are better than Indians. I don't know of Lebanesse and Palestinians, I can't say much for them.

I once happened to do a long term contract with some staff of a lebanese company.

The owners were good (bonuses and free food with good working conditions, it was even Nigeria and their greedy mentality that made them to reduce some some incentives)

As long the staff do their job and dosent speak out anything they see or know they remain good to them.

They sleep with all the females staff or you get sacked. Manger and owners dey rotates the girls.

They change 80% of their staff every year, they view any staff as a spy.

If they see anybody as threat na set up for that person.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iamL(f): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:
Not true... They are miles apart from Nigeria. Talk about Innova them dey there... The companies in India are far more than what you have in Africa... I stand to be corrected.

If you work with better indian multinationals you go enjoy yourself... Training upon training. If you con get better indian boss... Bros forget it... You go become expert within a short while...

I agree with your last paragraph.

I had a friend who work with a good india boss, the boss made him who he is today and when federal government and wicked Nigerians took over the company the india man offer to take along to India but he refused because he felt he has made enough.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by fatboyslym007: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!
Na u sign the book urself ni?

No o. Fortunately, midway to my IT I joined another company.
My supervisor for the new company na sure guy so him sign everything.

No time walahi...

2 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iamL(f): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
9japride:
Asians are not really nice to black Africans. The worst are Indians they even hate their fellow dark skin Indians and people from the north east part of their country.
They are just glorified third world countries.

Indians consider their fellow back indians as outcasts.

Even in movies they don't cast them, that is why in the entire movie Industry they have only 1 black india that is still getting mediocre scripts for years.

3 Likes

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by 9japride(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
iamL:

Indians consider their fellow back indians as outcasts.

Even in movies they don't cast them, that is why in the entire movie Industry they have only 1 black india that is still getting mediocre scripts for years.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. You know the funny thing about them, even those dark skin Indians are even the most racists towards African blacks. They have a very strong caste system over there.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Oyindamsax(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=FalseProphet1 post=124121081]They are very stingy. One promised to send me his tithes after I prayed for him. Till date he didn't send anything.

I prefer European and American members, they're the best.

This I have seen.

Kabieshi Olodumare

Wongbe pastor ni handicap grin
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by chudez0147(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
The vibe or energy or aura you carry determines whether you will be loved or hated unconditionally
Story
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Chetas81(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Tell your millionaire brothers to stop spending money for prostituted ladies, they can build company instead, so that you can tell the Chinese brothers to leave, or you continued to wailed and drink garri 😜✍️

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iamL(f): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. You know the funny thing about them, even those dark skin Indians are even the most racists towards African blacks. They have a very strong caste system over there.

On point.

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
emmabest2000:
Japanese boss are showing chinese workers shege in Japan,
Every little problem they will called them Bagar , that barga hurts chinese people to the bones ,

Then on the topic, some chinese boss are clueless but as long as you work for them they will pay you your salary

Some 9ja boss will chop your salary and even call police to arrest you for no reason

What's the meaning of Barga?
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Primusinterpares(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
iamL:

I agree with your last paragraph.

I had a friend who work with a good india boss, the boss made him who he is today and when federal government and wicked Nigerians took over the company the india man offer to take along to India but he refused because he felt he has made enough.
True... Just pray you meet the good ones sha
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:

I currently working with an Indian multinational and trust me my boss gives me maximum respect and seeks my opinion and approval on things relating to work. My team are in far away India but we work like we are together.
They are not really that bad as people talk about them... I have rejected offer of over 500k recently. Because I love this indian team and I see myself working with them for a while... I got another invite from another multinationals but declined because I like my Indian team. Indians are better than Nigerian bosses... Trust me
Abeg Link me up with your multinational job.
I have, BA History and international studies
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Primusinterpares(m): 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

Abeg Link me up with your multinational job.
I have, BA History and international studies
It's in the engineering field sir.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by iamL(f): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Primusinterpares:
True... Just pray you meet the good ones sha

Yes. In life just pray to meet good people irrespective of where they come from.

Most Nigerian bosses are equally the same with these people.
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Merisbankie(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Omo I have 2 scenarios let me make it short

Me and my guy we went to a store in Agbara to collect one package bag so we jam on elastic Chinese girl long like ruler. She speaks bad English so we couldn’t understand her very well. Nah so she flare up call me and my guy fucktards and perverts with her bad English
Me wey no get chills I land her hot slap 👋 she fall down those her other employees drag her up she still tumble. Omo I hold better axe for hand in case any of her China employees stand up to me
Her face change from yellow to hotdog color I carry my package walk away.

Second one my nigga boss maltreated him so much and he was an Indian nah so he sack am unjustly and he lives close to our estate . One Saturday morning as he was jogging nah so we hold am drag am inside bush we beat all the wickedness wey Dey him body they were two nah so we tie dem for tree 😂😂😂
I used the power bank wey Dey my hand deck the bastard mouth when he Dey talk nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Primusinterpares(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
iamL:

Yes. In life just pray to meet good people irrespective of where they come from.

Most Nigerian bosses are equally the same with these people.
Very true. It hits differently when pain is coming from your Nigerian boss... Like it's just hit differently
Re: Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians by Ate247(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Chinese treat people same way there treat a fellow Chinese. Thier pay might be poor depending on your level. But there pay at when due. Some respect intelligence especially the ones that went through school. But most Chinese in Nigerian space are technical labourers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused / Skye Bank Recruitment / Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.