Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... (562 Views)

That Is Becos It's The Main Reason Most Of Them Became Devs In The First Place / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Remote Devs In Nigeria, How Do You Receive Payments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2023
Hello guys.... Please I'd love to hear from people with first hand experience what programming languages to learn that will be of value in the Medical Biotechnology field. I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I know a little bit of C and R but I'm most grounded in Python.
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by LikeAking: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
Face ur medic field..

It's very lucrative already..

Programing no be beans, to see money coding no be beans too.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by Okporiaku: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
jjparagon:
Hello guys.... Please I'd love to hear from people with first hand experience what programming languages to learn that will be of value in the Medical Biotechnology field. I'm a Medical Laboratory Scientist and I know a little bit of C and R but I'm most grounded in Python.

Me too I'm doing med lab science and I'm into learning Android development

1 Like

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by stanliwise(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
jjparagon:
I will advise you keep up with the python as you’ve kicked start already. It’s a very solid e langauge although not so used in med tech compare to other ones.

Start off with med technology and basically any language does it. Web languages especially.

C# seem more prominent, NodeJS etc.
for frontend, Dart(flutter), JS etc

2 Likes

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
[quote author=Okporiaku post=124125535]

Me too I'm doing med lab science and I'm into learning Android development
[It's a nice one Bro... Well done. What's your specialty?/quote]
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
Thank you very much for your input.. I appreciate.
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by Okporiaku: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=jjparagon post=124130607][/quote]
I'm yet to have im in 200l
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by Alphabyte2: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
jjparagon:

Build a generative ai for disease diagnosis trained by your own models

1 Like

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Build a generative ai for disease diagnosis trained by your own models
Generative AI in diagnosis sounds quite quite interesting. I'm wondering if it has an edge over AI in the same use case?

1 Like

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
jjparagon:
Not in this present age Sir. The Medical field had long advanced past the conventional Medic-patient routine and I'm embracing the development cos it's the future and fortunately that future is now.
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by Alphabyte2: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
jjparagon:

Generative AI in diagnosis sounds quite quite interesting. I'm wondering if it has an edge over AI in the same use case?

Med-PaLM 2 harnesses the power of Google's LLMs, aligned to the medical an AI-assisted diagnosis technology . It still need more training and hands of expert in medical field.

1 Like

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Med-PaLM 2 harnesses the power of Google's LLMs, aligned to the medical an AI-assisted diagnosis technology . It still need more training and hands of expert in medical field.
I've checked it out and must say its quite advanced but still i find it quite interesting. I would love to connect cos you obviously know a lot about thus space. Hope you wouldn't mind me sending a mail across.
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by Alphabyte2: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
jjparagon:

I've checked it out and must say its quite advanced but still i find it quite interesting. I would love to connect cos you obviously know a lot about thus space. Hope you wouldn't mind me sending a mail across.

I subscribe/check to AI news daily that's the reason why I know more about the trends

2 Likes

Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jjparagon(m): 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please share the link..
Re: Are There Devs In The Medical Field Here On Nairaland? I Need Your Advice... by jesmond3945: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
jjparagon:
python is all you need. Then you need to study reinforcement or deep learning applied to solve problems in your field. Work with open source code from Google research or deepmind on github.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Aspect Of Programming Advisable For A Civil Engineering Student / I Am Having Troubles With PHP / G2A Bitcoin Refund Exploit, Double Your Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.