Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? (28969 Views)

How Does One Get A Government Appointment? / Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / Sanwo-Olu Visits LASTMA, Approves 100% Salary Increment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by unite4real: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2023
FOJEM:

Ikeja Electric increased tariffs on small transformers over one month again. Before, 8,000 Naira would give 162 units. But since last month, 8,000 Naira is worth only 119 units.

This is evil

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2023
fergieboy:

I mean weather you bought at old rate or new rate

From today your prepaid meter will start reading at the new tarriff
How is that possible? The meters are not online now, so how can such be controlled other than decrease in obtainable unit value.

4 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by chuksanambra: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2023
eagleonearth:
what appliances swallow 20k worth of electricity in 3 weeks??

In my office, we use 10k electricity every 3 to 4 days. We have 6 air-conditioners.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by icold: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:
I tried recharging my prepaid Meter all through yesterday June 30th, all failed; maybe the traffic of panic buying of the old rate being the last day was responsible for the glitch. Woke up very early this morning to recharge and boom it went just at the 1st trial, chai!!!

I recharged 20k and I got 267 units in return. I was shocked. Usually 1500 is for the 7.5%(VAT). I quickly did the maths 18500 divided by 267.(something). So my tariff now is around 69 Naira per KWH. Mehn, cold gripped me, before now when u buy 20k, u are good for a month due to epileptic power supply. Ironically we have been having 24hours power supply, only God knows if this will last up to 3 weeks sef.

Everything is increasing except for salaries that are on stunted growth. From Fuel, that has impacted directing on food cost and transportation. While this Electric tariff increment will have a larger impact on almost everything. But we all know that the Masses will bear the brunt if it all.

Which way o? How do a common Man survive with all these skyrocketing Bills?

Which location? Yours is cheap. Prior to this tariff increase, 20k will fetch you 250 units here in PH. I haven't confirm the current units.

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by bluefilm: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:
I tried recharging my prepaid Meter all through yesterday June 30th, all failed; maybe the traffic of panic buying of the old rate being the last day was responsible for the glitch. Woke up very early this morning to recharge and boom it went just at the 1st trial, chai!!!

I recharged 20k and I got 267 units in return. I was shocked. Usually 1500 is for the 7.5%(VAT). I quickly did the maths 18500 divided by 267.(something). So my tariff now is around 69 Naira per KWH. Mehn, cold gripped me, before now when u buy 20k, u are good for a month due to epileptic power supply. Ironically we have been having 24hours power supply, only God knows if this will last up to 3 weeks sef.

Everything is increasing except for salaries that are on stunted growth. From Fuel, that has impacted directing on food cost and transportation. While this Electric tariff increment will have a larger impact on almost everything. But we all know that the Masses will bear the brunt if it all.

I am not concerned by all these increments.

My only focus right now is to continue standing on his manhood mandate.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by fredoooooo: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2023
SEO2002:
cc helinues Lhordspy fredoooooo
Amen...
Amen..
May your life and that of ya family and generations face all the cancers Johnathan cause Nigeria... Amen

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by gaskiyamagana: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2023
highoctane:

Some person do same in the great USA, they re called (bins rats) those who ate from bins,many survive in USA thru food coupons or outright free food, their beggars in USA, there are millions of homeless in USA, shall I go on.

Go on and go on, but if you are given USA visa with Resident Permit, please and please reject iand give it to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by tommy589(m): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:

What is your disco and previous tariff? I am yet to see anyone from my disco that has recharged since Wednesday,because they have denied every access of buying units
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by SEO2002: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2023
fredoooooo:

Amen...
Amen..
May your life and that of ya family amd generations face all the good things promulgated by peter obi in anambra... Amen
corrected. Ntin concern me with GEJ
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by BantuCanon: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2023
Shooting hoops
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Fembleez1(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:

Hi Boss, I don't understand the complaint here. The increase was only 5 naira. Before now, it was 64 Naira per KWH. Except I am making a mistake. The last time i bought 3000k, I got 46.88 units. And that was last month.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by awoo47: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2023
DesChyko:
I was just pondering how this electricity hike will affect me. My last recharge was 4000 for about 114 units. I'm yet to know wha the new tariff will look like.
my last 10k recharge was for 267units, now it's barely 100units.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Danisaint112(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:
If you are on prepaid, you are lucky.
At least you can manage your energy usage and only pay for what you use.

As for how we would survive.
Nigerians are very good at adapting to suffer.
To the extent that they even question enjoyment. If you are nice to them, they will think you want to use them for rituals. They are that used to suffer and wickedness.

The keyword here is SURVIVE.
We would SURVIVE.

Ahn ahn! Don't tell me the electricity tariff hike didn't favour you and your family anymore. cheesy

So you are now on survival mode and now also an advocate of survival? Kpele! grin
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:25am On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:
If you are on prepaid, you are lucky.
At least you can manage your energy usage and only pay for what you use.

As for how we would survive.
Nigerians are very good at adapting to suffer.
To the extent that they even question enjoyment. If you are nice to them, they will think you want to use them for rituals. They are that used to suffer and wickedness.

The keyword here is SURVIVE.
We would SURVIVE.
lol. That prepaid ehn. I'm always surprised when I see people lament about their inability to get one. When their agents practically begged us to install it FOC back then. Households can manage but businesses go suffer am , and they will still push it back to us.

My paddy say no be renewed hope, na renewed shege.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by fredoooooo: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2023
SEO2002:
corrected. Ntin concern me with GEJ
Hypocrites, now you're running as usual , you can never take things youv throw at people.. you can't take responsibilities.
Once again, all the cancer Johnathan and pdp cretaed for Nigeria, shall be ya portions and that of ya family .. AMEN, ASE,ISE
Oloriburuku ma shanfani people ..

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by KlassikBlack(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Danisaint112:
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family crew

I Hope you all that voted and rigged for this disaster of a party called APC will have higher units than others and bill reduced when you display your APC membership card or wave the broom for them.

How people voted for APC that is killing them to rescue them knowing fully well that the same set of thiefs will be reinforced still baffles me

When we ask you to elect leaders with the genuine interest of the people at heart, a leader that truly listens to the people, accessible and proactive you all corn addicts rather decided to heed to tribal and religious sentiments. undecided

We haven't gone anywhere yet this is just the beginning. By the time Tinubu is done looting and taxing, many dysfuntional brains will come back to life.

I detest pple like this.
What do you pple stand to gain from playing the blame game? Always wailing over split milk.
Are the the massesINEC? Are the masses APPEAL/SUPREME COURT? Don't you have colleagues ,friends, nuclear & extended families that voted for the party you're crying about? Why didn't you influence their decision? Come here and be forming one mumu IRON MAN
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only logical thing to do is to cut cost,cut cost and cut cost.

Freezer's and light can't be on unnecessary. Once things are frozen just off the freezer. Look for energy saving bulbs.
If you have car now plan your movement,no more using car to go and barb your hair grin.

I was one of those who was against the unplanned removal of subsidy. I support the removal,but is of the view that measures on how to tackle the effect of the removal, should be in motion first.

We might have backed different people during the election,but the reality on ground now is that we are now in this together.

The ones laughing the policies of the government,the ones supporting and even the neutral one,we are all in this together.

My wish is that all the sacrifices Nigerians are making now should never be for nothing.
One of the most logical submissions I've ever read on Nairaland. And it's been a long time seeing such comments devoid of emotions or laden with sarcasm.

The truth remain, we are in this together

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Juanmike(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2023
By shouting Yoruba Ronu o every morning.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by orisa37: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2023
EVEN AS NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK, WE CAN'T PASS THROUGH. WE ARE HOOKED BY THE HAYES.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Danisaint112(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2023
KlassikBlack:

I detest pple like this.
What do you pple stand to gain from playing the blame game? Always wailing over split milk.
Are the the massesINEC? Are the masses APPEAL/SUPREME COURT? Don't you have colleagues ,friends, nuclear & extended families that voted for the party you're crying about? Why didn't you influence their decision? Come here and be forming one mumu IRON MAN

Let me say you indirectly want me to tell you who j voted for so you start the comparison game.

I'm wiser than that, but here is the thing non of family, I repeat non of my family members voted for APC because we are very calculative and ain't fools.

We would always blame the masses because they aided the process, they are the accomplices of the incumbent government. If the didn't vote for APC they won't be able to rig easily.

That you don't understand this simple metrics tells a lot about you.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by orisa37: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2023
TINUBU SHOULD PLEASE STOP THE SELLING AND BUYING OF ALL FOREIGN CURRENCIES EXCEPT THROUGH THE BANKS.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jmoore(m): 10:51am On Jul 01, 2023
smasher1:

In my GRA people with prepaid meter previously use 70k a month on just one house, one household. Estimated bills is one third of that value.
They were paying 70k because they chose to waste energy.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by whitemand4(m): 10:52am On Jul 01, 2023
seborrhic:
What are u using that u are using 20k worth of units per month?That is even the tariff rise.
Anyone on prepaid should be grateful because even with the tariff increase,you can easily regulate your energy use.
Those on estimated billing are the ones that should be crying.

Estimated shege 😂😂
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2023
OLOKOESHIN:

Amen
You are too sensible man!
All we need is that your last prayer. Because PBAT also said the pains we are going through right now is very necessary

Don't quote any stupid PBAT here.
How much of the "necessary" sufferings are he, his family and friends undergoing currently?
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Semaj77(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2023
Oloki:

Not funny at all. In our building, six flats of self contain, they gave us 64k last month. Only God knows how much we are getting this month

Yours is good , in my office ( a 4 bedroom apartment ) we got 60k , only us no other apartment as we have our own metre
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jmoore(m): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2023
fergieboy:
Lol even if you like buy electric unit worth 1million naira

From 1st of July been today

Your prepaid meter will start reading with the new tariff

Reason why I didn’t bother to buy
You obviouly don't know how prepaid works. You don't load money in a prepaid metre. What you load is kwh/units.

Prepaid metre doesn't read according to tariff. The tariff is only put at the point of purchase of the tokens.
So anyone that buys token before an increment won't be affected until he/she exhausts the old token.

9 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Pio44: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2023
As Igbo man, no no concern me
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by millionboi2: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2023
This hike will favor me and my family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Now That Stephanie Otobo's Mother Has Exposed Her Daughter By Reno Omokri / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos) / Defence Headquarters: Amnesty International Is Working For Boko Haram And ISWAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.