Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers (58016 Views)

Insecurity: Why We Couldn’t Defeat Boko Haram – Ex-Service Chiefs / Buratai, Other Ex-Service Chiefs In Senate For Ambassadorial Screening / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by legba1(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2023
keymatt:
... And dem agbado Urchiins no get wheelbarrow.
Is this how mandate thieves intent to cut Nigeria's bleeding resources?

Anyway, 4 bullet proof SUVs, 20 domestic aids, 36 security guards and billions of naira in severance package for EACH ex service chiefs (thieves) will favor ME AND MY FAMILY - U.RCHINS 🤣🤣🤣

Renewed SHEGE 2.0 grin grin grin

Is this package about APC or TINUBU? Its a culture that had been around for a while and is being reviewed from time to time. Except it is changed tomorrow, the practice will continue indefinitely..
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Quebec91(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2023
I tell you bro! I've always shared in this same opinion,
cant be said any better.
Likoya:
Them for kuku give them one full battalion, nonsense.

Now, I have an advice for some people here and this is the last time I'll post this...
If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree, busy signing shirt upandan and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want... When your mates dey celebrate graduating at 21,22,23, you will be celebrating becoming a millionaire and employer of labour at that same age... Tell me how many BSC holders get upto a million Naira in their account today? Na them full Nairaland 24/7 dey complain of job scarcity, planning how to go squat with a friend in another state in search of job..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by penta(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

Now, I have an advice for some people here and this is the last time I'll post this...
If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree, busy signing shirt upandan and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want... When your mates dey celebrate graduating at 21,22,23, you will be celebrating becoming a millionaire and employer of labour at that same age... Tell me how many BSC holders get upto a million Naira in their account today? Na them full Nairaland 24/7 dey complain of job scarcity, planning how to go squat with a friend in another state in search of job..

Hope many millions have you made in your business? Are you even a millionaire? in dollars grin grin grin
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by GoodGovernance: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Ykc2:
Agbadorians will commend it by saying they deserved it

Yes ,they deserve it.

That Nigeria remains unsecured,should not warrant ingratitude to service chiefs who could have died on duty,even before getting to the highest ranks.

I am definitely not an agbadorian nor obidient,just an advocate of good governance.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by RoyalDiadems: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The ex who served and didn't secure the society don't deserve this, especially as they were security service chiefs.

I think it was done in order to forestall the recurrence of the Mali episode. Appeasing those ex-chiefs after retiring them so suddenly would make them have a rethink before masterminding a coup. A moderate appeasement should have been okay actually. This is rather too much.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by GreatrAnalyst: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Getting do much after office packages with all the failures, blood letting and insecurity at highest bar.
Asari even claimed his boys are the ones doing some works the uniformed ought to do.
A society that rewards mediocrity.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by TheSuperX(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Foolish corrupt people
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by DaRuud(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2023
tolexy007:

source?

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by djseanjohn77: 11:25am On Jul 01, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/retirement-windfall-ex-service-chiefs-get-four-bulletproof-suvs-20-domestic-aides-36-soldiers/%3famp

These benefits were part of the negotiated largesse enshrined by the Abdusalami led constitution committee in the 1999 wayo constitution book. And attempt by any government to adjust or reduce will lead to automatic coup or more disruption in the peace of the nation. Irabor has codedly mentioned it, " do not play politics with the military".

Them never born that civilian government to tamper with their benefits.....It is their share of the national cake, plus many of them will willingly walk in and out of the government house for contracts for years to come. Seeing what the service chiefs benefit, the civilian governments fashioned their own benefits in same manner, alotting to themselves as they deem fit. That is why many of them will never want the 1999 constitution tampered with. It's a grand conspiracy. Abdulsalami, Obj, Buhari, IBB etc has the benefits as president, as well as a retired general.

1 Like

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by qitab(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2023
Waste of resources & manpower. Tinx will neva change 4 gud in dis nation.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by DaRuud(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2023
This is just too much , using taxpayers money to pay for all this extravagance .

These service chiefs have cars and houses , so what will they be doing with 4SUV and 36 soldiers + 20 aides ?

DaddyFreeze2020:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/retirement-windfall-ex-service-chiefs-get-four-bulletproof-suvs-20-domestic-aides-36-soldiers/%3famp

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Global2000: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Nigeria iberibesim is unbearable. Very useless country. Policies, ideas are so doomed. Tufia!!!.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by lexy2014: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Nairalanda1 obviously, nigerians aren't paying enough taxes and fuel subsidy is the biggest culprit in Nigeria...
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by lexy2014: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
djseanjohn77:

These benefits were part of the negotiated largesse enshrined by the Abdusalami led constitution committee in the 1999 wayo constitution book. And attempt by any government to adjust or reduce will lead to automatic coup or more disruption in the peace of the nation. Irabor has codedly mentioned it, " do not play politics with the military".

Them never born that civilian government to tamper with their benefits.....It is their share of the national cake, plus many of them will willingly walk in and out of the government house for contracts for years to come. Seeing what the service chiefs benefit, the civilian governments fashioned their own benefits in same manner, alotting to themselves as they deem fit. That is why many of them will never want the 1999 constitution tampered with. It's a grand conspiracy. Abdulsalami, Obj, Buhari, IBB etc has the benefits as president, as well as a retired general.

Why is the 1999 a "wayo constitution book"?
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Dearlord(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2023
If this true, then we are heading to right path to destruction
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Boldkrammy: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2023
The ex service package and exit will favour me and my family.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Burruchaga71(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Only in Nigeria.

SMH
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by IbileIfe: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2023

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Reference(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2023
legba1:

Is this package about APC or TINUBU? Its a culture that had been around for a while and is being reviewed from time to time. Except it is changed tomorrow, the practice will continue indefinitely..

So how was Mr. Tinubu able to change the 'culture' of fuel subsidy and the 'culture' of multiple exchange rates but cannot change the 'culture' of obnoxious, immoral and provocative gratuities paid to oligarchs for maladministration, or is not by their hands Nigeria has gotten to this sorry state of poverty and rampaging insecurity...? Is it me causing it.?

If Nigeria was doing well who will care. What has been the product of their terms well spent in charge.
If they had succeeded in securing and prospering the nation will they need all these..... answer.
Because your reward system is completely inverted and does not encourage performance.

1 Like

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Albertone(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2023
money121:

School no be scam na you no sabi book
Although i get your point but no be everybody fit do business
If everybody do business who go be doctor, and rest..
So sch no be scam..
I be bsc holder and here on nairaland av handle roofing project worth billions of Naira

Professional courses can be given priority e.g Medicine, Architecture, Accounting etc.
Other courses should be studied in the library or online e.g Business Administration, Economics, Psychology etc.
Some courses should be scraped in Nigeria e.g Microbiology, Biochemistry, Philosophy, Sociology etc.

He talked about one going back to school if they wish too. So you can have your business and still your degree. But business first.
An 100 percent good advice he gave.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Donedeal1(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2023
Upon all the welfare support

The end does not justify the efforts

Military system on low

Security on low

National economy on a low

In fact if the federal government will give all of this to the retiring service chiefs

What will they give to Tompolo

As he come out to help reduce oil bunkering.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Albertone(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
penta:

Hope many millions have you made in your business? Are you even a millionaire? in dollars grin grin grin

Are we spending dollars in Nigeria?

Even in the US, the percentage of millionaires in dollars is just 2%
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Menclothing: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
It’s a system that is corrupt that can’t be changed who wrote our laws

We have a long way to go

This is happening since 1974
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Chetas81(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Bad citizen remain bad
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Judolisco(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
It's an age long practice... But with all dis security fmr chief of staff Alex badeh was still assassinated
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by sweetkev(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
djseanjohn77:

That shows you Nigeria can never get better
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by kushme: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
OriOko88:

Me thinks there no asset atal in our diversity. That's why d citizens cannot hv a common ground on any issue. Every tribe always sees issues in tribal and religious lenses.

Nigeria is too heterogeneous. That's d major cause of our problems. The masses can never b united on any issues affecting them

You have clearly stated why revolution wouldn't happen in Nigeria. Even when a region rise to fight for their rights and against oppressors, it would be easier to use state resources like the big guns and fighter aircraft to concentrate on destroying both the revolutionists and the neutral people there.

The thinking of some of the regions maybe like, if that region is reduced in numbers, we could become majority and elect our brother into office(new oppressors). Another may say good for them, that useless region and its people had caused the backwardness of Nigeria.. Different stupid excuses to justify why you shouldn't revolt.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by seunayantokun(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
In a land where there's security of life and property, food security, , economic security, etc , they wouldn't need all that. Those stuffs are not only corrupt rewards but also corrupt protection from the consequences of the evils they helped Buhari and his Fulani herdsmen cabal and terrorists to plant and water in Nigeria. But we hand them all over to God.

1 Like

Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Ignatio(m): 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
How many soldiers do we have left to fight insurgency?
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by redsun(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
They are rewarded with all that for leaving the country in a state of anarchy.
Re: Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers by Hussein035: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

I believe you are an Igbo man and that's why you talk as if you are the one that arrange people's destinies.

Are you aware that more than 1 million Nigerians learn trade of their choice successfully and ended up working in factories

Stop misleading people just because God blessed your trade, there are so many people you leaned the same trade in the same place and they Don't even know what they are doing in life till TODAY. God will bless whatever we choose to do in life meanwhile everyone cannot be a millionaire

One must work hard and also be contented if you want to live long

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maryam Abacha And Her Grandchildren In New Photos / Orji Uzor Kalu And Buhari Throwback Photos, 18 Years Ago / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Banner Surfaces In Saraki's Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.