Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde (2272 Views)

Why And How Yoruba Ronu Is Winning / Yoruba Ronu Group Endorses Tinubu For 2023 Presidency / ... YORUBA RONU ....Omo Eni Onise Idi Bebere Ka Fi Ileke Si Idi Omo Elomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
femisplash:

Victim mentality(post civil war disorder). They hold on to the slightest of things for psychological boost. It's a cycle that seems unending because these folks ain't ready to move on anytime soon from the long past.

Their grandparents and parents told them lies... what you see are the results of the lies told to them by their grandparents... now they believe everyone hates them

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Dubetex96(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

He is inconsequential.... he came third in an election and quite frankly he helped Tinubu to win the election by dividing Atiku's votes so I kinda like him.

he is inconsequential yet you sound jittery at the mention of his name
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

he is inconsequential yet you sound jittery at the mention of his name

Baba rest jo, you have nothing useful to say. Even Peter Obi has called Tinubu Mr President, so that ship has sailed. He can try again in 2039 when it will be the turn to the South East.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by SpatialKing(m): 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

We have worked hard for what we have and we thank God for it. We have even allowed Igbos to enjoy part of it but since we have not handed over everything to you, you have termed that hate.

I opened a threat this morning to share Hubert Ogunde's work of 1964 and the next thing is that upto 10 of your Igbos attacked me saying it is hate. Please how is that hate? Sharing a song that was originally performed in 1964 is not hate? Honestly you guys are so full of yourselves. You better don't bring that arrogance near me. I will give you a proper schooling.

Take your explanation to people like this
From the onset Yoruba Ronu is just all about Hate for the Igbos...

1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

Take your explanation to people like this
From the onset Yoruba Ronu is just all about Hate for the Igbos...

Baba you are talking nonsense. Go and listen to to song and you can get an interpreter. Going to fish out one random post in 2023 doesn't mean Jack.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Dubetex96(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

Baba rest jo, you have nothing useful to say. Even Peter Obi has called Tinubu Mr President, so that ship has sailed. He can try again in 2039 when it will be the turn to the South East.

Ronu Ronu Ronu !!!!! said by one tribal bigots but came here to change the narrative to suit her senseless believe
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by femisplash: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
successmatters:

So far, you are not doing anything with your media war. Till your media can make you buy fuel cheaper than me.
We are wearing you down bits by bits. You're right now at your lowest, y'all went high up and came crashing down by the election loss. You're mentally vulnerable and we are cashing on it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

Ronu Ronu Ronu !!!!! said by one tribal bigots but came here to change the narrative to suit her senseless believe

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Yoruba-Ronu

Olodo, Yoruba Ronu was referencing an internal crisis and was perceived to be and attack on the then premier Akintola after he had aligned with Ahmadu Bello.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Dubetex96(m): 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Yoruba-Ronu

awon omoale don plan to change the narratives. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
WE ALL KNEW HOW DAYO JERICHO CARRY "Yoruba ronu" enter this space to preach for many of us that are not in line his and your pathetic drug trafficking lord and saviour!
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by SpatialKing(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

Baba you are talking nonsense. Go and listen to to song and you can get an interpreter. Going to fish out one random post in 2023 doesn't mean Jack.

Dayo Israel used Yoruba Ronu after Peter Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos state despite the rigging. He saw the real result and shouted this.

Which Igbo leader, OBIdient Igbo leader woke up when Igbos were being attacked and shouted Igbo Kwenu?

Dayo Israel used Yoruba Ronu to rally people that Igbos should not be tolerated. We were here. We saw it. He has deleted it but we saw it.

Yoruba Ronu as it stands is the symbol of Yorubas intolerance, hatred and bigotry against other tribe
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

WE ALL KNEW HOW DAYO JERICHO CARRY "Yoruba ronu" enter this space to preach for many of us that are not in line his and your pathetic drug trafficking lord and saviour!

Stop speaking Yoruba omo Igbo. You should be proud of your language. I only hope your hate will not consume you, but I don't care. Tinubu is your president. He will be your president for 8 years. Obi has called him president. Alex Otti has met him and saluted him as president. That is your reality. No amount of hating can change that. Accept it and you can support Obi again in 2039 because by 2031, the presidency will return to the North with a South South Man as Vice President. Shetimma/Akpabio 2031, the Igbos can continue wailing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by SpatialKing(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

Because is now backfiring on them they are trying to change the definition and narrative..😂 😂 😂

Imagine that bus driver shouting Yoruba Ronu after committing a traffic crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by femisplash: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

Their grandparents and parents told them lies... what you see are the results of the lies told to them by their grandparents... now they believe everyone hates them
People who have a caste system believe everyone hates them.. funny.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by TooNoisy(f): 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

Dayo Israel used Yoruba Ronu after Peter Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos state despite the rigging. He saw the real result and shouted this.

Which Igbo leader, OBIdient Igbo leader woke up when Igbos were being attacked and shouted Igbo Kwenu?

Dayo Israel used Yoruba Ronu to rally people that Igbos should not be tolerated. We were here. We saw it. He has deleted it but we saw it.

Yoruba Ronu as it stands is the symbol of Yorubas intolerance, hatred and bigotry against other tribe

The real question is which Igbo leader supported Peter Obi. Which Igbo elected politician openly supported Peter Obi. Even his state governor ridiculed his ambition and called it senseless. Charity begins at home. Soludo even called Peter Obi ambition Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba politics.

Please answer me just once... why didn't any Igbi elected official support Peter Obi and why are you not calling them traitors. I need an answer from any of you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Dubetex96(m): 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

Stop speaking Yoruba omo Igbo. You should be proud of your language. I only hope your hate will not consume you, but I don't care. Tinubu is your president. He will be your president for 8 years. Obi has called him president. Alex Otti has met him and saluted him as president. That is your reality. No amount of hating can change that. Accept it and you can support Obi again in 2039 because by 2031, the presidency will return to the North with a South South Man as Vice President. Shetimma/Akpabio 2031, the Igbos can continue wailing.

Do you even know the Origin of this “Yoruba Ronu” Slogan?
It’s started from our beloved brother Dayo Israel during election period.
Now putting it side by side with “Igbo Kwenu” which has been a form of greeting from time immemorial is deceptive and absolute falsehood.
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by LegendHero(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lol if you want to give any Ebow man heart attack now, just shout the word “Yoruba Ronu”.

It is like a war chant to them, it gives them some form of PTSD of some sort.

Why should another tribe be bothered about what language Yoruba people chose to use to rally themselves?

In 2027, God give us long life, we will still use Yoruba Ronu if we see that some of our Yoruba people are going astray.

During the Akintola era, we used the Yoruba Ronu to rally the Yoruba to a common cause, so anyone thinking they can gaslight us with the word is just playing.

Na only Twitter bubble, people in the grassroot know the meaning and will answer when we sound the call.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by LegendHero(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

Now putting it side by side with “Igbo Kwenu” which has been a form of greeting from time immemorial is deceptive and absolute falsehood.

Lol, they never born Dayo Israel father when that word Yoruba Ronu was coined.

If I want you to have heart attack now, I’ll just shout Yoruba Ronu three times.

Yoruba Ronu
Yoruba Ronu
Yoruba Ronu

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
successmatters:

grin

After all those huge investments you are not even attacking DANGOTE because he can push you guys off the lagoon grin

The guy is taking over your region and you're here explaining Yoruba Ronu grin

Some people have lost it.
mention one investment by dangote in your region n leave stories

U bragged that people aren’t investing here n he gave u reciept n told u to list investment in d east n u change it to story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly,
You see what I'm talking about..
Upon all what you mentioned above

you guys are still envy why?
who envy’s a poor region?

Who envies a region that is an economic desert?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Dubetex96(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol, they never born Dayo Israel father when that word Yoruba Ronu was coined.

If I want you to have heart attack now, I’ll just shout Yoruba Ronu three times.

Yoruba Ronu
Yoruba Ronu
Yoruba Ronu

u are switching monikers We were here when "Yoruba Ronu" was used to mean emancipation and decolonization just as Sunday Igboho used it.

We were also here when it was used by these e-thugs as segregation tool and call to violence against Igbos.

Eyin abanilorukoje alailojuti. Tueh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
successmatters:

A bigger lie has never been told. grin

I bought my lands in the SW, I built my house, I am the person even feeding all your miscreants both in government and motor parks. Without me, you would have died of wretched poverty cheesy
typical garbage by another nuisance

Na dem dey always feed d world

Toonoisy abeg ignore all these empty barrels, don’t b surprised this is one of those guys that sell pirated discs in hold up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by SpatialKing(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

The real question is which Igbo leader supported Peter Obi. Which Igbo elected politician openly supported Peter Obi. Even his state governor ridiculed his ambition and called it senseless. Charity begins at home. Soludo even called Peter Obi ambition Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba politics.

Please answer me just once... why didn't any Igbi elected official support Peter Obi and why are you not calling them traitors. I need an answer from any of you.

Because Igbos are not bigots

Peter Obi knew he wasn't planning to be president of Igbo Nation so it shouldn't be about Igbos....

Igbos had freedom to make their choice
Same with Yorubas

But you guys kept attacking Igbos making their choice
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

Peter obi is a Yoruba nightmare day and night shikina
peter obi that is thrashed already

We dealt with atiku not alone a mugu from d clown tribe, nightmare that was rubbished n still been rubbished

Nightmare indeed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by SpatialKing(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
Reality3080:
who envy’s a poor region?

Who envies a region that is an economic desert?

I wonder oh

Nigeria have favored the yorubas more than any Nigerian tribe

You guys are the most successful

Yet Igbos are still your problem

No be juju be that
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by LegendHero(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

u are switching monikers We were here when "Yoruba Ronu" was used to mean emancipation and decolonization just as Sunday Igboho used it.

We were also here when it was used by these e-thugs as segregation tool and call to violence against Igbos.

Eyin abanilorukoje alailojuti. Tueh

Yoruba Ronu o
Yoruba Ronu o
Yoruba Ronu o

Yo oooooooo Yoruba Ronu ooooooo.

In 2027, we will still use it and olodumare will bless it.

Let me tell you the power of words. Two people saying the same word do not mean the same thing.

Omo ale Yoruba won’t feel the “chant” of the spirits in Yoruba Ronu word in its pristine form. To omo ale, it is just a word. But to Omo oko Yoruba, Yoruba Ronu is a call that permeates their soul.

Walahi we go Yoruba Ronu again in 2027, you either jump into the lagoon or leave this world for us if that word is like an arrow to your heart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dubetex96:

yoruba rinu started from dayo Israel?

Nobody need to argue with u lots, u are ignorantly aggressive

So it was day Israel that sang Yoruba ronu in 1978?

U igbos are pained losers, take your L in peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Reality3080: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

I wonder oh

Nigeria have favored the yorubas more than any Nigerian tribe

You guys are the most successful

Yet Igbos are still your problem

No be juju be that
igbos Yoruba problem?

Your dealer is legit

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Sweetrosie(f): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
TooNoisy:

And you that you own your region; how developed is it? It is so developed you cant even go home for Christmas that you have now become refugees in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. Why can't you just stay in your region and develop it like you developed the rest of the world?

You guys are filled with so much hate and you are the losers for it. You vote in the worst governors (including Peter Obi) who only steal your money but Tinubu who has not held an elective office since 2007 was your problem. Your region is not developed because you vote out of hate and tribalism. That is why you all voted PDP from 1999 to 2019 and have nothing to show for it.

We only know lagos, what about other sw states??

Abandoned??
Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by LegendHero(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

Because Igbos are not bigots

Peter Obi knew he wasn't planning to be president of Igbo Nation so it shouldn't be about Igbos....

Igbos had freedom to make their choice
Same with Yorubas

But you guys kept attacking Igbos making their choice

Even your fellow Ibo will laugh at you at the bolded. You guys are the SI unit of bigotry.

You always sow division. The deceiver Peter Obi will come online claiming neutrality but go and tell “Yes Daddy” it is a religious war in the night.

There is one thing I’m very thankful for in the last election. It made me believe in the Yoruba people brotherhood.

—I love the fact that the states Tinubu lost in the SW like Osun/Lagos are not majority Christian state.

—If Tinubu had lost in Ondo or Ekiti which is a majority Christian state, it would have been a pointer to the fact that religious war wager like Peter Obi was able to conquer Yoruba land through religious division.

But Yoruba Christians showed the world that what unite us as Yoruba transcends religion.

You sons of Zik, your ancestor tried that division, they all perished with their unfulfilled dreams. Olodumare is our witness, no division from you guys will penetrate the Yoruba brotherhood no matter how much fake neutrality you show.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by Babakolanut(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
Yes,it is a call for sober reflections to the YORUBA race by lengendry CHF.HUBERT OGUNDE of blessed memory.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Yoruba Ronu - By Hubert Ogunde by emerged01(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Odin13:
Southwest Yoruba people..

Everything to them is tribalism.., tribalism against the Igbos and any other tribe the feel inferior to

That’s the truth

Funny fact

The have never loved themselves… only use others as coverup

But keep shouting sophistication and “ wise”

This generation of Nigerians are beginning to unlearn what they’ve learn about southwest

Anytime Yorubas calls for Yorubas unity your tribe feel threatened. How is Yorubas calling for unity a problem to your tribe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Wish Peter Obi Will Withdraw His SC Case / Allen Onyema Walked Away From $14 Million Seized Over Fear Of Jail In USA / Reason Why South West Will Always Lead In Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.