Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? (1279 Views)

Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? / Man Cries Out As Cow Destroys His New Car While The Fulani Herdsmen Look On. / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by fineboynl(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
My first experience was a flying bird. The bird were just flying try to cross before my car. But with my spend i just know the bird cant make it through. I only has the sound of heating it from the front bumper.

Another one again was street rat crossing the main road.

I was returning from club around 4am. After much alcohol I decided to just go slowly.

On my way i saw this street rat crossing over my front. I never want to hit it as i even try slow down but still i heard the splash of my tyre climbing it.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by VeryWickedPrick: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dis car wey you just arrange still dey shack you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by duro4chang(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
Mine was a wild guinea fowl in a savanah land (kwara)

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by BigDawsNet: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
fineboynl:
My first experience was a flying bird. The bird were just flying try to cross before my car. But with my spend i just know the bird cant make it through. I only has the sound of heating it from the front bumper.

I was returning from club around 4am. After much alcohol I decided to just go slowly.

On my way i saw this street rat crossing over my front. I never want to hit it as i even try slow down but still i heard the splash of my tyre climbing it.

Apus apus she was flying right out from the woods and was trying to cross the express.. she hit my windshield.. tho she survived instantly miraculously and fly away.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Day169: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lots of butterflies!
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by buygala(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Nearly ran into a herd of cows who walked into the express along Abuja Airport road around 2021..

Was doing around 170 or so, as I was late for a flight... The swerve-and-dodge cost me two brand new tyres....

That 2010 Accord's excellent brakes saved my life that day... No loss of control, no somersault or run-into-bush, but a lot of tyre-screeching and swinging around in wide circles for what seemed like an eternity.. Just a lot of burnt tyre rubber, and 60k spent replacing the burnt tyres.

2nd one was a human along Akoko-Akure Express around 1am sometime this year... Some nigga threw a log into the road to stop a oncoming commercial bus who I was behind.. Bus dodged the log, 2nd bus following it closely at high speed ran into log and ran into bush.. me too I saw log too late.. I reflex dodged log but faced about two dudes standing on the road shoulder holding long knives... I didn't stop to find if guys survived or not...Na dem sabi wetin dem hold long knife dey find for inside express-way bush for 1am....

I met up with the bus that escaped at the next army checkpoint...We told them what was going on behind us and I gave them a description of the guys I ran into while dodging the log (best I could notice about them at the speed I was on and in that confusion with my headlights was that they were both in Ankara up-and-down and held long knives). They then entered their hilux and went to clear that place and rescue those trapped by the robbers.... Since we discovered from buses coming from the opposite direction that the robbers' brethren were operating in front too, we waited at the checkpoint for the soldiers to come back from their clearance operation and do another clearance operation in the direction we were facing... Soldiers made no mention of any dead robbers, even though we heard series of gunshots when they went on that clearance grin

You no be soldier, you no be Police, you no be Custom, you no be Civil defence.. But you wear Ankara stand for expressway bush with long knife for 1am...As you no like yourself, who am I to care about your welfare?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
buygala:
Nearly ran into a herd of cows who walked into the express along Abuja Airport road around 2021..

Was doing around 170 or so, as I was late for a flight... The swerve-and-dodge cost me two brand new tyres....

That 2010 Accord's excellent brakes saved my life that day... No loss of control, no somersault or run-into-bush, but a lot of tyre-screeching and swinging around in wide circles for what seemed like an eternity.. Just a lot of burnt tyre rubber, and 60k spent replacing the burnt tyres.

2nd one was a human along Akoko-Akure Express around 1am sometime this year... Some nigga threw a log into the road to stop a oncoming commercial bus who I was behind.. Bus dodged the log, 2nd bus following it closely at high speed ran into log and ran into bush.. me too I saw log too late.. I reflex dodged log but faced about two dudes standing on the road shoulder holding long knives... I didn't stop to find if guys survived or not...Na dem sabi wetin dem hold long knife dey find for inside express-way bush for 1am....

I met up with the bus that escaped at the next army checkpoint...We told them what was going on behind us.. They then entered their hilux and went to clear that place and rescue those trapped by the robbers.... Since we discovered from buses coming from the opposite direction that the robbers' brethren were operating in front too, we waited at the checkpoint for the soldiers to come back from their clearance operation and do another clearance operation in the direction we were facing... Soldiers made no mention of any dead robbers, even though we heard series of gunshots when they went on that clearance grin

You no be soldier, you no be Police, you no be Custom, you no be Civil defence.. But you wear Ankara stand for expressway bush with long knife for 1am...As you no like yourself, who am I to care about your welfare?
Road bandits cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lost my fog lights to dogs. Both sides on different occasions

1 Like

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by buygala(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
id4sho:

Road bandits cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

It was my most scary road experience till date...

But I have since made up my mind that even if na my mama I see wey enter my front with weapon for expressway bush, I go hit am without even stopping to spit.. Unless of course, I see an identifiable Security force Uniform.. Even tho those thieves dey wear Soldier and Police uniform dey do operation sometimes, I consider it better for me that I stop and get robbed by those ones than to assume wrong and kill a security officer.

I have a colleague who is near-death because of these useless people... Bus dude was travelling in was stopped by robbers around Lokoja Road at night.. Robbers ordered all passengers to lie on the road while they were searched and robbed.. A bus oncoming from the opposite direction which the robbers tried to stop didn't stop, but sped on and ran over my colleague and other passengers who the robbers had lain down in the middle of the express... Man's legs and spine was crushed into raw meat and bone... Now we are wishing him death so that he can rest from all the pain and screaming..

On these roads, it's kill or be killed... You waka anyhow for express with weapon, people like me plenty wey ready to kill you saraaaa.

13 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
buygala:

It was my most scary road experience till date...

But I have since made up my mind that even if na my mama I see wey enter my front with weapon for expressway bush, I go hit am without even stopping to spit.

I have a colleague who is near-death because of these useless people... Bus dude was travelling in was stopped by robbers around Lokoja Road at night.. Robbers ordered all passengers to lie on the road while they were searched and robbed.. A bus oncoming from the opposite direction which the robbers tiered to stop didn't stop, but sped on and ran over my colleague and other passengers who the robbers had lain down in the middle of the express... Man's legs and spine was crushed into raw meat and bone... Now we are wishing him death so that he can rest from all the pain and screaming..

On these roads, it's kill or be killed... You waka anyhow for express with weapon, people like me plenty wey ready to kill you saraaaa.
Seconded, no time.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by jmoore(m): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ants, housefly, etc.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by dadabashua1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hmmmmm,mine is so funny and unbelievable,a massive Carmel,I mean very massive Carmel along a highway in somewhere in the core north,on top small corolla way no de balance once it hit 120km,well I lived to type and tell the story today,but I'm not sure if the Carmel does. angry People way they speed with corolla una de try,that ride na tissue paper.

6 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by berbs112(m): 1:06am On Jul 02, 2023
dadabashua1:
Hmmmmm,mine is so funny and unbelievable,a massive Carmel,I mean very massive Carmel along a highway in somewhere in the core north,on top small corolla way no de balance once it hit 120km,well I lived to type and tell the story today,but I'm not sure if the Carmel does. angry People way they speed with corolla una de try,that ride na tissue paper.
😂😂😂😂
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Angrygoat: 5:46am On Jul 02, 2023
Countless times bro. My fenders and bumpers dey hear am hot . The usual and unusual animals are wreckless drivers,keke and npf. The npf can get u killed ..they can from no whr jump in front of your car. Tho right from the onset.i love drifting with my car.so was about a km before home. When suddenly 3 useless goats from no whr crossed the road and I was on like 50kph on a v6. Na left,right,left. Like the video below. Still tipping. Naso I take swerve dem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZAYzLjQAd4&list=PLumS-JXrbIbBvelkAykcgQeHbM-axEedf&index=1&pp=iAQB8AUB
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by NokiaN8(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Mine was last year, a big female goat.. I be was on the fast lane overtaking on the express, suddenly the goat crossed, na so I wanted to swerved but was late I jam the goat at speed ooo, the goat died, broke my bumper and right headlight.. and got it fixed the next day.. thanks to German cars solid drive

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by NokiaN8(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Mine was last year, a big female goat.. I be was on the fast lane overtaking on the express, suddenly the goat crossed, na so I wanted to swerved but was late I jam the goat at speed ooo, the goat died, broke my bumper and right headlight.. and got it fixed the next day.. thanks to German cars.. solid drive
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by skywalker240(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
A native fowl

Didn't care to stop because those birds are darn smart

Probably didn't crushed it because there was no sound on my tires, it probably must have just manouvered itself to safety under the car, as I was driving slowly along the Benin City ever bumpy road
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by 18wheeler: 7:02am On Jul 03, 2023
A pig in April 2010. Dat creature na bast**d. I was returning to Jos from the village, doing about 140km/hr and I saw it walking across the road casually. I dropped speed and by my calculation I would avoid it by swerving a little. All of a sudden the maniac increased speed in order to outrun my approach and …. I practically ran over it at about 90-100km/hr. I nearly went off road but luckily no car was approaching and I managed to stay on the road though I found myself on the other lane. My bumper peeled off the car, fog lamps shattered and one of the beams in front bent. The shocking thing is that before I managed to park, this animal just rolled on the tar, got up and sped into the bush. How did that animal not die? I wondered. Even the villagers were surprised. I just managed to tie my bumper with a copper wire and continued my journey.
My car was a 1999 Honda Accord ex

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
18wheeler:
A pig in April 2010. Dat creature na bast**d. I was returning to Jos from the village, doing about 140km/hr and I saw it walking across the road casually. I dropped speed but by my calculation I would avoid it by swerving a little. All of a sudden the maniac increased speed in order to outrun my approach and …. I practically ran over it at about 90-100km/hr. I nearly went off road but luckily no car was approaching and I managed to stay on the road though I found myself on the other lane. My bumper peeled off the car, fog lamps shattered and one of the beams in front bent. The shocking thing is that before I managed to park, this animal just rolled on the tar, got up and sped into the bush. How did that animal not die? I wondered. Even the villagers were surprised. I just managed to tie my bumper with a copper wire and continued my journey.
Pigs stiffnen its body tight before impact. It rarely dies from car accidents. Na ur motor go spoil. Just slow down to zero if you sight a pig

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Mokelu: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2023

Between Ore and Sagamu.

Was doing 90mph when one local dog suddenly appeared. In a bid to avoid hitting it, i stomped on the brake pedal like a drunk who missed a step while climbing kilimanjaro. After what seemed like eternity, with the minivan threatening to lose itself off my grip, i eventually slammed into the poor dog.

Cost me my bumper, a few minutes and some sympathy for the faithful departed.

May his loyal soul continue to rest in peace. Amin.

5 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by 18wheeler: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
id4sho:

Pigs stiffnen its body tight before impact. It rarely dies from car accidents. Na ur motor go spoil. Just slow down to zero if you sight a pig
Sure. Thanks for the lesson note. Since then I avoid them totally whenever i sight them while driving.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2023
Goat enter my road with full force while I was on speed on a highway long trip,as a long time driver,if I hold brake,car fit tumble,I kukuma maintain speed and slammed it,bumper peel.i continue my trip
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Jagermeister(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2023
18wheeler:
A pig in April 2010. Dat creature na bast**d. I was returning to Jos from the village, doing about 140km/hr and I saw it walking across the road casually. I dropped speed but by my calculation I would avoid it by swerving a little. All of a sudden the maniac increased speed in order to outrun my approach and …. I practically ran over it at about 90-100km/hr. I nearly went off road but luckily no car was approaching and I managed to stay on the road though I found myself on the other lane. My bumper peeled off the car, fog lamps shattered and one of the beams in front bent. The shocking thing is that before I managed to park, this animal just rolled on the tar, got up and sped into the bush. How did that animal not die? I wondered. Even the villagers were surprised. I just managed to tie my bumper with a copper wire and continued my journey.

It'll have died later of internal injuries. 100 kph.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Jagermeister(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2023
id4sho:

Lol rarely at the scene ehn.. e go still die inside bush, no compromise.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2023
Jagermeister:

Lol rarely at the scene ehn.. e go still die inside bush, no compromise.

Ask around, it won't die. After impact, it runs away cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Jagermeister(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
id4sho:

Ask around, it won't die. After impact, it runs away cheesy grin

🙆 Ewoo.

Okay I did ask already.

2020 I was in Kaduna state. I dey go see one female for Sabo from Ungwan Rimi.. cool evening. Coronavirus just dey start so restrictions of movement never dey in full force with that area.

There's a place called kamazoe after Janrua.. there's a slight bend on the stretch of road that leads to and away from that settlement.

Omo that place get human concentration so I dey always slow down for that bend except na midnight. I dey do maybe 50 or 60 km/h.. imagine how slow I was going to still have caused that much mayhem.

Na so pig enter from nowhere, no reaction time, less than one second no cap.

I smash am, bumper scatter, fog light sope oti lo, people help me gather things dem fit help me gather, say thankGod I no try dodge the animal say I for somersault or hit human being, say I be expert driver, many many talk... Remember corona wahala just start fresh fresh.. with gara gara I enter the car market after Airforce base (I don forget the name). No follow come bumper say na Dubai dey, I buy am and buy fog light too, price with labour and body work for the bumper no be here at all. Motor na ES350.

Anyway moral of the story be say.. after I repair motor, I go back about a week later to that same area wey the accident sup and asked the very same question wey you say make I ask because I was curious; pig sef no die as I dey there... The guys I met there say; Kai say I for wait small as the accident happen, say the animal die about an hour later and say them for let me carry am go at least to mitigate cost of repairs for my motor.. them come dey hail me as i don repair the car and the accident no show.. actually the Dubai bumper fit baje baje like stock and the paint work sat well. Well, as the animal die that night, Dem later use am do better buffet, you know Kaduna people with pigs and dog meat.

Well maybe the one wey I hit fit don dey sick already, who knows! 😎

5 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by id4sho(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
Jagermeister:

🙆 Ewoo.

Okay I did ask already.

2020 I was in Kaduna state. I dey go see one female for Sabo from Ungwan Rimi.. cool evening. Coronavirus just dey start so restrictions of movement never dey in full force with that area.

There's a place called kamazoe after Janrua.. there's a slight bend on the stretch of road that leads to and away from that settlement.

Omo that place get human concentration so I dey always slow down for that bend except na midnight. I dey do maybe 50 or 60 km/h.. imagine how slow I was going to still have caused that much mayhem.

Na so pig enter from nowhere, no reaction time, less than one second no cap.

I smash am, bumper scatter, fog light sope oti lo, people help me gather things dem fit help me gather, say thankGod I no try dodge the animal say I for somersault or hit human being, say I be expert driver, many many talk... Remember corona wahala just start fresh fresh.. with gara gara I enter the car market after Airforce base (I don forget the name). No follow come bumper say na Dubai dey, I buy am and buy fog light too, price with labour and body work for the bumper no be here at all. Motor na ES350.

Anyway moral of the story be say.. after I repair motor, I go back about a week later to that same area wey the accident sup and asked the very same question wey you say make I ask because I was curious; pig sef no die as I dey there... The guys I met there say; Kai say I for wait small as the accident happen, say the animal die about an hour later and say them for let me carry am go at least to mitigate cost of repairs for my motor.. them come dey hail me as i don repair the car and the accident no show.. actually the Dubai bumper fit baje baje like stock and the paint work sat well. Well, as the animal die that night, Dem later use am do better buffet, you know Kaduna people with pigs and dog meat.

Well maybe the one wey I hit fit don dey sick already, who knows! 😎

Poor pig cheesy, na you b di first to kill pig. Am in Jos, we dey fear pig here. I was gisting with some guys about pigs accident this morning, that the animal will screaming and running to a water pond to cool off after impact... grin There was a time I was going to Abuja inside VW Sharan, direct Belgium. Driver ran into the pig around bade on 100km/hr. Speed was around 130 B4 slowing down, useless animal just stopped on the road. Naso radiator and condenser burst, I pity the driver sad

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Jagermeister(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
id4sho:

Poor pig cheesy, na you b di first to kill pig. Am in Jos, we dey fear pig here. I was gisting with some guys about pigs accident this morning, that the animal will screaming and running to a water pond to cool off after impact... grin There was a time I was going to Abuja inside VW Sharan, direct Belgium. Driver ran into the pig around bade on 100km/hr. Speed was around 130 B4 slowing down, useless animal just stopped on the road. Naso radiator and condenser burst, I pity the driver sad

Kai that animal just get as e be on all ramifications.. and to think say the animal dey closest to human anatomy for animal kingdom.. Dem dey use am as test subject for Human medicine... Sharan driver don buy gbese re oo

1 Like

Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Mokelu: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
id4sho:

na wa o. Make God dey save person.
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by theadeola(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Goat enter my road with full force while I was on speed on a highway long trip,as a long time driver,if I hold brake,car fit tumble,I kukuma maintain speed and slammed it,bumper peel.i continue my trip

grin grin
Re: Has Any Animal Run Into Your Car While Driving? by Greystone: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2023
fineboynl:

Many

(1) (Reply)

Code P0747 On 2003 EOD V6 / Why The FRSC Speed Limiters Will Not Work. / Water Or Coolant?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.