Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? (10921 Views)

Man Cries Out As Cow Destroys His New Car While The Fulani Herdsmen Look On. / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by fineboynl(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Men the queue today was not funny as all the filing stations in town shut down. After NNPC increases their price. I spent over 30mins on queue before I know what happening my fuel gauge is down. Imagine burning fuel to buy fuel. To Off the car and start all over again on the line that is not moving well doesn’t make any sense. Shifting the gear from P to D. And restarting will cause more wear on the car.

I bought 10k fuel and the gauge didn’t go up that much as I expected. Around 15 litters or so.

Men with the way things are going. It look like person will need 1.2L Engine oh.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Mandy003: 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
You should off your engine while on a queue of course, do you need to be told that this time of high cost of PMS, you have to off ur engine if stationary in one spot for more than 1min.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by fineboynl(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mandy003:
You should off your engine while on a queue of course, do you need to be told that this time of high cost of PMS, you have to off ur engine if stationary in one spot for more than 1min.
do you know what it takes to shit gear and all the time and restarting the car? That is more wear on the car.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Kingdemu: 7:27am On Jul 19, 2023
fineboynl:
do you know what it takes to shit gear and all the time and restarting the car? That is more wear on the car.
Choose your poison then.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by FalseProphet1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
Don't turn it off, allow the poor car breath. Offing it and oning it can spoil the engine.

This I have seen.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by YeyeGbami: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
fineboynl:
Men the queue today was not funny as all the filing stations in town shut down. After NNPC increases their price. I spent over 30mins on queue before I know what happening my fuel gauge is down. Imagine burning fuel to buy fuel. To Off the car and start all over again on the line that is not moving well doesn’t make any sense. Shifting the gear from P to D. And restarting will cause more wear on the car.

I bought 10k fuel and the gauge didn’t go up that much as I expected. Around 15 litters or so.

Men with the way things are going. It look like person will need 1.2L Engine oh.

Say no more bro

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Olarewaju89: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
undecided

E be say you dey buy your own liter for 50N abi?

Oga dey off your engine oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by ecolime(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
cry

3 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Nazgul: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
fineboynl:
You obviously haven't driven a manual transmission car on Lagos traffic before. When you eventually do, moving your gear to P and switching off your automatic transmission whilst waiting for the queue to move before restarting and shifting to D wouldn't be an issue for you.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by slawomir: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Sometimes

Not all the time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Bade007: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yes to avoid stories that touch
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Jorojorojaa(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Mmm

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Padipadi(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Always switch off cars whole refuelling to avoid hazards
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Freelancerr(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Someone who built Lagos.
In less than 60 days, he has damaged Nigeria.

We are the problem of ourselves, prayers will do nothing if we don't have the sense to know what's right and what's wrong.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Kindy check my signature I do data entry jobs

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Greystone: 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yes
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Allisgud: 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
If una don tire una go carry placard enter street go protest
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by seunny4lif(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Why wouldn’t you turn off engine at the filling station.
We need bicycles now in Nigeria oooh as Nigerian men and women will have 12 packs by force by fire.
No more traffic for road.

I’m still jamming my LRS( Leg Rover Sport) grin, planning to buy latest Bugati Leg double exhaust bicycle grin grin

Sorry, I never buy car grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Yewandequeen(f): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Na rich person dey queue to buy fuel now o.

God bless mukaila the bike man grin
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
fineboynl:

Not all times.
For safety its good, but due to kind of Car I drive, I have to be on AC, I put on Ac before 5mins I begin to drive. BMW has one of the thickest LEATHER SEAT, if u come Dey DRIVE BLACK ON BLACK INTERIORS & MATTE BLACK
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by alphaconde(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
Pain is the trade mark of the evil party
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Always turn off your engine at the filling station…
A pump attendant that knows his/her job won’t even sell for you without you turning off your engine.
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by ukehnonny: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
shocked

Omo you try o. You queued up for 30 minutes just to buy 10k fuel that might finish the next day.
Anytime I stay in queue na to fill up o.

I have adjusted the way I go about my business. I can’t be hustling just to use it to buy fuel.
Subsidy Removal and Naira redesign, both policies are from herll.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Depends on how long the queue is
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Olabode211: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
Even if I wan ask for address from people sef I go off the engine.una no go kill me with this situation...

6 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by b3llo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
I do turn off mine
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by Ijaya123: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
Mandy003:

You’re not completely correct here.

If you put off your engine every 1 minute, your car (assuming 4 cylinder engine) will consume more fuel.

The reason is that the volume of fuel the vehicle will require to start is also the same of volume of fuel it will use to run on idle for 5 minutes.

So if you’re on a short stops, like traffic light, go slow or any other that will be less than 5 minutes, keep your engine running to save fuel. But it is advisable to put off the engine for stops longer than 5 minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by spencekat(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
Padipadi:
Always switch off cars whole refuelling to avoid hazards
He talked about when on queue.

1 Like

Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by tiswell(m): 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
why not,if not...
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by PDPGuy: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yes
Re: Do You Turn Off Your Car While At Filling Station Queue ? by DanielsParker(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

DIY: Replacement Of Downstream (bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor On 03-07 Accord 4cyl / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! / Wet Cell Versus Dry Cell Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.