Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) (19758 Views)

How Long Did You Learn Driving. / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Donโ€™t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by donbenie(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Took me like 30 minutes to observe and learn and then I was off..๐Ÿ˜€
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by jaydeevaa(f): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
3 weeks, 2 different driving school because the first driving school teacher wasn't tolerant at all...the guy would scold me at every slight mistake...I ran away for the sake of my mental health but kudos to AA rescue for taking their time to teach me...first attempt on the first day was a goal

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by davo90tico(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:
My sister spent 3 weeks. After that, she used learner's tag (L) for another one week.

Now, she says she can drive anything anywhere anyhow ๐Ÿ˜.

How long did it take you?

@nlfpmod
mine was 3 days. But was autodrive sha so thats why
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by jeromestarks: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
We4all:

Is your sister a virgin?
Yes. Before she met her husband who mounted her and taught her how to drive.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by eaglechild: 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
All these people saying no one taught them is it manual or auto.
Auto doesn't count.
If it is manual sorry that's just a fat lie.

No wonder we have so many miscreants on the road who have absolutely no idea what basic traffic rules are.
Being able to move a car from point a to b does not equate to safe driving.
It is important to learn the fundamental rules of driving as it is such an important skill that carries a lot of responsibility with it.
It is not a juvenile show off skill and no points should go to bragging about jumping into a car and moving it.
It's irresponsible and dangerous.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by NohurryInLife: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
Learn keh, me wey be Ogba. Started driving JSS3
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Gaabasky: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
Less than an hour. This is d brake, gear n zoom I am already on Sokoto road with a speed over 80km/hr. Till now car that is not a V6 is a punishment
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by officialfestus(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
Took me one week to move the truck, and within a month I understood the gear transmission.
All thanks to youtube for making it easy for me.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by jeromestarks: 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
eaglechild:
Auto doesn't count.

No wonder we have so many miscreants on the road who have absolutely no idea what basic traffic rules are.
It is important to learn the fundamental rules of driving as it is such an important skill that carries a lot of responsibility with it.
It is not a juvenile show off skill and no points should go to bragging about jumping into a car and moving it.
Please share with us 10 fundamentals of driving.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Vitally123: 12:10am On Jul 03, 2023
Don't Stress yourself, it can come at any time.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by PeterObi4LP: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2023
I drove my first car from PH to Uyo then immediately I bought it no one thought me. Though I hired a driver to drive the car for me to Uyo, on a second thought, I told him I want to drive but I'm not a fast driver.

He only got to know when we reach Uyo that I have never drive in my life before. The guys was so angry that I want to risk his life. But he still praise me for so much confident and focus.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Daxray07(m): 6:12am On Jul 03, 2023
We still dey fly bike till we catchout to buy our own motor. Very soon we go learn.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by thinkmoney(m): 9:27am On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

Since then till now, not a scratch.

Na Grace sha
No be Lagos sha
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by RoadMozart(m): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2023
thinkmoney:

No be Lagos sha
I do interstate majorly. I don't stay long in Lagos
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by thinkmoney(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

I do interstate majorly. I don't stay long in Lagos
Ok
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Grit2943(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2023
20 minutes as I have been observing drivers previously for a long time.

Automatic drive.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Amah91(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2023
I am 30 + now I don't even know how to drive a car

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by toygod2: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2023
1 week last year. After which , I started entering road.

I can still say I am learning because learning never stops.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by jeromestarks: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Amah91:
I am 30 + now I don't even know how to drive a car
You're not alone. I can't drive anything too.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by delvzy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
The first and only time I ever tried to learn how to drive a car, na classroom pillar I go use the car nack.
Be like say na driver I go hire las las.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by PreshmilliPm(m): 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
1 month and I pay 25,000 for driving school
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by RillJ(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2023
I hit express in 3 days and been grooving since. My longest distance in a single day is Lagos to Nnewi and back to Lagos same day. (Roads were better then with better security)
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by IamCookie(f): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
jeromestarks:

Are u lying to me?
I was just getting to like you.

Why would i lie !? I didn't learn to drive in a formal way. I think it was the readiness and availability that assisted me .
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Adaisback(f): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Two years now still fear no gree me drive
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Finestgurlie(f): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Adaisback:
Two years now still fear no gree me drive
but you're driving me crazy
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Adaisback(f): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2023
Finestgurlie:
but you're driving me crazy
nwokem zukwanuike
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Finestgurlie(f): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Adaisback:
nwokem zukwanuike
till you give me nri nwa โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Greatn3ss: 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
eaglechild:
Auto doesn't count.

Please do us well to know this rules you are talking about
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Adaisback(f): 11:29pm On Jul 04, 2023
Finestgurlie:
till you give me nri nwa โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ญ
chai! Adadike have seen it all
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Sammy101111(m): 4:28am On Jul 05, 2023
My uncle had a car and he sure he teach me for just 10mins how to start a car and change gear . He told me to drive the car am a smart guy normal I start and move the car I no do pass my self . The second day I went home and any time my dad is not around I drive is car for like 20mins inside compound and also go and visit my friend and return it and clean up the tires track on the sandy floor then return the key

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? / Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms / Automatic Transmission: Do Their Benefits Outweigh Their Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.