Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World (10322 Views)

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? / Some Hard Lessons About The Corporate World / 30 Entrepreneurs That Quit The Corporate World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Useku(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
Y
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Kingzjayzee: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
C2Ok:
Man just come life to come work for who come life to come chop 😪🤲
🤣🤣
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by MiddleDimension: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
Talk2Suzan:
Some of the biggest lessons learned in the corporate world-
1. Use your brain at work and emotions at home

2. Nobody is your friend at the workplace. Trust me!

3. If you can solve every problem of the management, they will always be by your side.

4. Never write/reply to any mail when you’re frustrated.

5. Your boss could be friendly, but at the end of the day, he is not your friend. Respect boundaries.

6. The relationship between Employer and employee is solely based on revenue.

7. Don't fear failure and rejection.

8. Follow up is the key to everything.

9. You'll meet some amazing people; learn from them.

10. Feed your subordinates with your maximum knowledge, encourage them, cheer them and eventually when they make breakthroughs, celebrate with them. The best thing you can give to a person is your knowledge.

11. Focus on developing and using your strengths.

12. Work until the work is done.

13. Learn how to change the situation, not the person.

14. Effective communication, negotiation and leadership skills are a must to learn as early in your life as possible.

15. You’ll find a colleague in every office who keeps bitching about everyone. Find that him/her at the earliest and stay a mile away

16. People are nice to you only when you are influential or they need you. Once the need or influence changes, so does their behavior.

17. Shit travels up. Never complain about your superiors to peers or staff.

18. In any company, everybody is a salesperson. If you are not selling anything, you are an expense.

19. Everyone is replaceable and you will eventually be replaced.

20. When you are the star performer, most mistakes are forgiven.

21. Stay out of comparisons, you are unique.

22. Human Resources is there to protect the company, not you.

23. You are never the smartest one in the room.

#Mindset_Therapy
#T2S Therapy Cares

These are not common in schools. That's why the work environment in schools, is the best to work in.
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by InfinixMine: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
Share lessons make we learn.

LAXconfidential:

That number 2, I will never forget the lesson I learnt from it.
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Annahh(f): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Number 2 o
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Guyman01: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Talk2Suzan:

17. Shit travels up. Never complain about your superiors to peers or staff.you

No 17 got me humiliated, I did Amebo about our boss with a junior colleague and he went behind me to tell our boss and it affected our working relationship as everything I did was no longer pleasing to him.

Then one day he called me aside and lambasted me thoroughly, that his anger was not about the things I said about him but the fact that I a middle level management staff stooped so low to gossip with a junior staff, he narrated everything I shared with that idiot.

I felt very bad and apologised and learnt a bitter lesson and not too long after I got fired at the next downsizing carried out by management

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by HopeAlive16(f): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Talk2Suzan:

3. If you can solve every problem of the management, they will always be by your side.

5. Your boss could be friendly, but at the end of the day, he is not your friend. Respect boundaries.

10. Feed your subordinates with your maximum knowledge, encourage them, cheer them and eventually when they make breakthroughs, celebrate with them. The best thing you can give to a person is your knowledge.

14. Effective communication, negotiation and leadership skills are a must to learn as early in your life as possible.

15. You’ll find a colleague in every office who keeps bitching about everyone. Find that him/her at the earliest and stay a mile away

16. People are nice to you only when you are influential or they need you. Once the need or influence changes, so does their behavior.

18. In any company, everybody is a salesperson. If you are not selling anything, you are an expense.

#Mindset_Therapy
#T2S Therapy Cares
It's number 2 and 17 for me. Just do your job quietly and get out of there. SOME colleagues are chameleons.

4 Likes

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by docjeph(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nice write n relatable too
Talk2Suzan:

#Mindset_Therapy
#T2S Therapy Cares

1 Like

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Emeka71(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Great points.

1 Like

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by dahmie2013: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Thank you OP...

1 Like

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by emmnprince(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sijo01:
Great points!

24. Avoid office politics

How can one avoid office politics when it is it that drive so many things in the office! Maybe you should shed more light on this no. 24

1 Like

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Yoighaman(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2023
Talk2Suzan:

#Mindset_Therapy
#T2S Therapy Cares

Nice one OP.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by Bfly: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
True talk
Re: Valuable Lessons From The Corporate World by davidtuzy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
°°° Avoid Office Romance at all cost
°°°Avoid Office Gossips

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employees Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Managers / Barclays Bank Installs Device To Track Workers At Desks / The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.