Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? (20283 Views)

What Online Skill Can I Learn At 35 / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year / A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Brokeness(m): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Good day nairalanders. I believe this is a great forum with lots of intelligent folks.. and that is why I have come to seek your counsel. Even though I haven't met anyone here but nairaland is like my online family

I think these are some key facts to note before you dish your advice (s). Here we go;

-I am a 23 years old male.
-I am the only son and eldest in a family of 2 and my dad is late.
-I am in 100 level (sponsored by my mum's relations) doing a 4 years course but sorry to say this, I don't rate school at all.. just there for the certificate (even though the course is highly rated)
-I am a pump attendant on a 25k salary (night work 7PM to 6AM) with one night off in a week.
-I have a nice USA used HP laptop that is laying idle in my room and my strong Tecno camon which can be used to learn some valuable skills.
-Lastly, I have the zeal to learn an online skill that can be very profitable in 3 to 6 months time and would stand the test of time in a long time to come; but I don't know which, how or where to start from. I seriously need to add another source of income (online) as this my current work is exhausting coupled with my schooling. No rest at all.

Pls my elders in the house, I sincerely need your advice at this critical point in my life. I don't want to make a grave mistake of not learning an online skill and be left out in the digital word. I don't want to continue forever in paid employment. It's no fun. I want to help myself and my family. I don't want to explain tire..

Kindly feel free to ask me whatever you may need to know. I will be reading from the comments. Thanks.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by endsarrrs(f): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Reject that your Monika/handle first to start with...

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Brokeness(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
endsarrrs:

Thanks. I have rejected it IJN. Just that I don't have another handle that's why.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Creamcrest(m): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
Learn programming but be ready to solve algorithm problems and data structures,it's the big boys hustle.

You can take like 6 months to one year to learn it stage by stage.You can start from YouTube or get a mentor.Most programmers are well paid and there are lots of remote jobs available.

You can use lots of US remote jobs search platforms or LinkedIn to get jobs,just ensure you build up a professional profile, include some of your work experiences and you're good to go, keep building your portfolio and be ready to start smiling to the bank.

You can also learn it from a reputable computer school like I did.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Brokeness(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Creamcrest:
Learn programming but be ready to solve algorithm problems and data structures,it's the big boys hustle.

You can take like 6 months to one year to learn it stage by stage.You can start from YouTube or get a mentor.Most programmers are well paid and there are lots of remote jobs available.

You can use lots of US remote jobs search platforms or LinkedIn to get jobs,just ensure you build up a professional profile, include some of your work experiences and you're good to go, keep building your portfolio and be ready to start smiling to the bank.

IMO, I think this programmer stuff have been over flogged and have lost it's relevance.. I may be wrong.

But aren't there other well paying non tech skills?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Brokeness(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mods get this post to the fp pls.

nlfpm.od
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by youngtee5(m): 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Brokeness:

IMO, I think this programmer stuff have been over flogged and have lost it's relevance.. I may be wrong.

But aren't there other well paying non tech skills?
Do research mind you people are still making it big in tech industry, Nigeria still have low percentage of professionals in tech industry. If you don’t like tech go into content creators/ writing, transcription, digital marketing, SEO, graphic design, video editing.
I’m into graphic design in case you want to learn that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greatdober: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Learn how to trade forex properly.
When I mean properly,I mean properly..
Master the 3 sectors
Analysing
Money management and psychological..
You'll be good in no time, it saved me..
It can save you

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Essence20(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2023
endsarrrs:
Brokeness means humility na angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by o123456789(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2023
Learn Hacking, both Black hat and White hat. Then you will make money. Or go into farming like maize, cassava, plantain etc. Tech and Agriculture will never fade!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by patrislayqueen: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tech
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by lordparcel: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
TikTok Domaining

1 Like

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by patrislayqueen: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
endsarrrs:
😂
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by turmacs(f): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Creamcrest:

The way people like you are quick to mention or recommend programming anytime someone ask for advice on a skill to learn,one will think that it's something everyone can do..You people are gradually bastardising this field and making it look like a get rich quick something.... 95% of Acclaimed programmers in Nigeria only started programming because of this same thing you're preaching to the OP and that is why most of them are and will remain quacks.. Nowadays i wouldn't even advice any company to hire Nigerian programmers because all of them are in it with the hope of getting rich quick.. But one thing i really love about that field is that, if 100 people Start the journey today, 90 will give up along the way, and 5 will end up becoming quacks... the field just has a way of filtering the best and those that really have the passion for it..

82 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by iCauseTrouble: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by iykepromotions: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Learn domaining. Check this free awareness thread; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

5 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Greenfaces: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Pcb design

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by headboyprince(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
contact me, i will show you how to make money at the comfort of your bed without any skill and become millioniare in 2 months.. it's very easy... you dont need to learn any skill... trust me. it's totally free.. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Oshin56(m): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Op please mention me if you have gotten answer to your question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Oshin56(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
headboyprince:
contact me, i will show you how to make money at the comfort of your bed without any skill and become millioniare in 2 months.. it's very easy... you dont need to learn any skill... trust me. cool
bro, can I contact you .
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by LogoPhiLe: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
lordparcel:
TikTok Domaining

Please what's TikTok Domaining?
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by headboyprince(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
Oshin56:
bro, can I contact you .
yes whatsapp check my bio
Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by inoki247: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
Lol nothing is guaranteed no go follow crowd....

9 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by ecolime(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
Learn SQL, Tableau & Power BI.

They will come in handy in the long term.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Burgerlomo: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
Greatdober:
Learn how to trade forex properly.
When I mean properly,I mean properly..
Master the 3 sectors
Analysing
Money management and psychological..
You'll be good in no time, it saved me..
It can save you

4 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by IbotNugida(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
Try to acquire a foreign language communication skills; Korean, Spanish, Chinesse, German etc.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by KushLyon(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
You can try crypto blogging. I am also a student and crypto blogging have been saving me for over 2 years. I bought my current phone and laptop from my earnings, and also a large part of the money I used for my final year project came from here also, not to mention that I also feed myself using this as well. I make around $60 monthly and that's because I'm not putting much effort into it these days because of school stress but ideally, I normally could average $100 monthly. Hive is a typical example of a crypto blogging platform and although it has a steep learning curve, the benefits are worth it in the long run. You can check my profile here https://ecency.com/@kushyzee

Wo, just copy and past the whole link in your url box, I no know why nairaland isolate my username

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by tetralogyfallot(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
Forex seems to be paying but around me I hardly see people who have made it from forex sha o

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by ojasweb(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
I will strongly recommend content and affiliate marketing.

Why?

This will help you to learn more about sales.

Once you master the act of selling online, every other skills you acquire will be profitable for you.

You will be able to sell your skills without stress.

But if you have to choose other areas, then SEO is very good.

3 Likes

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by Rubyjade: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
AGE has nothing to do with it. So forget about your age.

YOU CAN LEARN ANY SKILL THAT SUITS YOU.......... no one can prescribe for you.

Someone may say programming, BUT WHAT IF YOU HAVE NOT TRAINED YOUR BRAIN TO REMEMBER MANY PHONE NUMBERS OR LONG WORDS BEFORE, you won't be able to spend the time it takes to learn it.

Another person may say, graphics.... what if you are the kind of person who doesn't care about colors or their combinations....

So you see, it is up to you sir, to decide.... YOU FIND A MENTOR AND THE PERSON GUIDES YOU IN YOUR DECISIONS

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now? by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Drop servicing

Sales and Marketing.

Facebook and IG ads.

Search Engine Optimization.

I'd give you some of those courses for free.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Project Managers' Forum / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland / 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.