Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) (33682 Views)

Ebonyi Driver Bites Off, Swallows Taskforce Member’s Finger / Retired Police Officer Bites Off 18-year-old Girl's Ear In Edo (Graphic Photos) / Herdsmen Cut Off Woman's Ear In Edo For Resisting Rape This Morning (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Lurdmax10: 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
It was drama in Warri as a Sienna car driver (name withheld) bit off the ear of a Vehicle Inspection Officer, (VIO) identified as Papu Prosper during a heated argument, while they were on patrol in Warri, Delta State.

The incident occurred during an argument over expired particulars in the early hours of Friday, along Eagle Roundabout, by Federal Government College, in Warri.

According to Prosper, “I am a Vehicle Inspection Officer, VIO. We went for a patrol in Warri, Delta State, where we apprehended a driver whose car particulars have expired.

“In the process, my boss told me to follow him to our office in Warri to confirm whether his particulars are up to date or not.

“While following the man, he said he will kill me, that the VIO has done a lot. So he brought out a dagger and was trying to butcher me into pieces.

“I struggled to get out of the vehicle as it was on speed. In the process, I fought him, and he bit off my ear,” He stated.

Speaking further, Prosper said the Sienna driver spat out his (Proper’s) ear, which fell on the ground, left his vehicle and ran away.

While the Sienna is in the custody of VIO, Prosper thanked God for saving him as he beseeched the government to do justice if the Sienna driver is caught.

“I give God all the glory for keeping me alive. And for the man, let the law do what has to be done,” he stated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/driver-bites-off-vio-officers-ear-in-delta/?fbclid=IwAR22inz1xry5z84mtmg-h_EXtY50U_y2Cep59Rc67JaDmSNweF7OVeF5GJw

9 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by hisexcellency34: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Those VIO people are very wicked, especially in Lagos

204 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Hezzyluv: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
VIO no too get wahala na

But u see LASMAN, ABGERO, ROAD SAFETY and POLICE ARE ALL mean. Especially Policeman.

Nigeria Policemen are not your friend!!!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Princessstee: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ontop wetin

1 Like

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by God1000(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
The law is on the side of VIO officer, that driver is in big mess

12 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Tochi3(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Since e no dey hear word... what is the use of having two ears grin grin

299 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by nairalanda1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
hisexcellency34:

Am not fond of them VIO people, but what the person did was wrong, and the VIO officer was doing his job.

Also, if the Sienna driver did not have his papers in full, none of this would have happened.

The VIO officer was unjustly attacked, no two ways about it.

As for me, so long as my papers and licence are in order, I gat no issue with VIO.

46 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by incogni2o: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
You are a Law enforcement officer shouldn't turn you to a Holligan.

Why would you want to endanger yourself to a Government who doesn't care.

Same with Lastma Guys fighting on Duty.

Sorry about the outcome

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by nairalanda1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
God1000:
The law is on the side of VIO officer, that driver is in big mess

One should not assault an officer of the law...it is a criminal offence.

Even if Prosper was a civilian, it still is a criminal offcence.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by nairalanda1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
incogni2o:
You are a Law enforcement officer shouldn't turn you to a Holligan.

Why would you want to endanger yourself to a Government who doesn't care.

Same with Lastma Guys fighting on Duty.

Sorry about the outcome

If the Sienna driver had his papers in order, none of this would have happened.

Most of the people who argue with VIO...are people with expired papers. (I should know, I have gotten into problems once cheesy). Once papers are in order, VIO won't disturb you self.

6 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Cassandraloius: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Wetin warrant person to bite another person ear? Gbas gbos gbas!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by God1000(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

One should not assault an officer of the law...it is a criminal offence.

Even if Prosper was a civilian, it still is a criminal offcence.
exactly, we must learn how to control ourselves

1 Like

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Heffalump(m): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
The driver must be very wicked for slaying the VIO's ear like the Biblical Marcus.

10 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by WhisperedNoise: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lol
VIO officer didn't get the memo - people are angry. The economy isn't friendly. The driver managed to buy fuel for his car, and you are still disturbing him. He decided to use the VIO's ear for suya. Sad stuff. Lol.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by MRDEE01: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
This story no clear,why follow him to warri to confirm if the papers have expired?

If you are genuine VIO you should be able to check it on your phone.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by incogni2o: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

If the Sienna driver had his papers in order, none of this would have happened.

Most of the people who argue with VIO...are people with expired papers. (I should know, I have gotten into problems once cheesy). Once papers are in order, VIO won't disturb you self.

My Point is that, You shouldn't engage in a fight for the Government, it's not worth it.

What if He was killed in the process.

Don't struggle with motorists, You don't know what they are going through at the moment.

There should be better ways to bring people without complete Papers to book

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Bigii(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hezzyluv:
VIO no too get wahala na

But u see LASMAN, ABGERO, ROAD SAFETY and POLICE ARE ALL mean. Especially Policeman.

Nigeria Policemen are not your friend!!!

Be like you never come Abuja before. Na VIO be the real wahala na

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by nairalanda1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
incogni2o:

My Point is that, You shouldn't engage in a fight for the Government, it's not worth it.

What if He was killed in the process.

Don't struggle with motorists, You don't know what they are going through at the moment.

There should be better ways to bring people without complete Papers to book

Yes, there should be (eg points on licence, as is done in the UK.).

But at the end, we have a duty to obey law enforcement officials. And my experience with VIO people over 13 years of driving has been that if your papers are in order, they won't bother you. Just look through them, and hand over your papers and go. If they are not, wahala dey. (At best they will direct you to their office to start the process, plus pay fine on top).

Even if Sienna man was having a bad day, he should have had his papers in order. Even me, this month, I have to renew my licence. Am very busy, but I would have to take a day and do it, because I no want VIO problem...after three embarassing events.(including at least one where I compounded matters by arguing self..lol.). Infact it has even gotten to a point where I obey traffic lights, even when traffic is not existent..lol.

Biting the man's ear has compounded matters. That is assault (crime 1) of a law man (crime 2). Assault is a crime . Even if you are angry with lawman, kalm down. Keep your hands and legs and mouth to yourself. Because once they lay their arms on you, na wahala dey. I no wan go court for anything...not even land dispute self.

8 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by ratiani6: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
This one na vampire ooh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
People should be careful in this country, especially law enforcement personnel. Many Nigerians are frustrated and angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by jetwonder(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
grin grin grin
The driver na real warri guy
Warri no dey carry last.

8 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Tofax: 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
hisexcellency34:

VIO are mean, wicked & they're bitter souls. I detest them seriously

8 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by cpu2006(m): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
hisexcellency34:

Abuja VIO is the worst.

14 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Deemas(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
While I am not in support of the assault, the truth is that there is anger across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Please let's be very careful as we deal with people in our various daily endeavours.

Thank God for the life of the VIO officer.

9 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Nemesis0147(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Bigii:

Be like you never come Abuja before. Na VIO be the real wahala na
lol
No mind that guy😂

4 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by joyandfaith: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by odduduwa: 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Good job

1 Like

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by CodeTemplar: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
The equivalent of state paratroopers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Dexy4yah(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
VIO officer don finally jam Vampire

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Bites Off VIO Officer’s Ear In Delta (Photo) by Buharidgeneral: 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Tochi3:
Since e no dey hear word... what is the use of having two ears grin grin

You're bad guy

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Corper Locked Up For Trespassing In Abuja / Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction As Notorious Female Kidnapper Is Nabbed.Photos / Kidnappers Arrested In Obudu, Cross River After Abducting 8-Year-Old Girl (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.