Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up (30660 Views)

See How I Made This Easy And Delicious Carrot Stew (pics And Video) / See How I prepared my stew as a single guy. / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by toluleke(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2023
Tomato now is Gold. Even spoilt tomato is expensive people need to survive. I wonder what the cost will be in south west and east. Even carrot is expensive
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2023
We Igbos cook Banga stew,no time

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2023
Abuja people did not vote for Tinubu, not even in second place. Yet we have to suffer the negative effects of the idiotic choice of other people who prioritised tribe and religion above our collective good.

Thank God bread don add price. Let us see how you people will wake up in the morning and go to eat ewa-goyin with pepsi.. angry !

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Philanderboy(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2023
abobote:
Carrot is more expensive than tomato
Not in the north

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Confirm4real(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Renewed shege grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Pwetty2(f): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2023
carrot is not cheap
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Blaze14k: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2023
Have been wondering why I don't cook stew anymore I just found out am allergic to tomato
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by jubrilELsudan: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2023
NIGERIANS ARE REALLY VERY STUPID PEOPLE SHA

LET ME ASK....SO DID THE PRICE OF GINO ALSO INCREASE?

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by RoyalBlu(f): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2023
Tomato stew to the left, to the left...

Correct pepper stew with enough onions all the way for this season.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Landowner101(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2023
If one ronu guy could boldly tell me he prefers eating pomo meat to Chicken meat, according to him it's more nutritious than chicken meat.

Who am I not prefer Pap (akamu) to Hollandia yoghurt.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by 147ekinmogun(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2023
ManWater:

Someone likened the efforts of Tinubu's Govt to treatment of Cancer. That the treatment is initially very painful.

The critical questions are:
1. Will Nigerians survive the treatment pain?
2. How long will the treatment last?
Even upon the painful treatment of cancer,na the cancer go still keep d person las las.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by descarado: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:
Abuja people did not vote for Tinubu, not even in second place. Yet we have to suffer the negative effects of the idiotic choice of other people who prioritised tribe and religion above our collective good.

Thank God bread don add price. Let us see how you people will wake up in the morning and go to eat ewa-goyin with pepsi.. angry !
Buddha, tomatoe wahala in Abuja predestined tinubu. If you are a family man in Abuja and has a little bit steady electricity,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPHkDYWJ10

Shop for a basket of tomato around January- February at any fruit market in an around Abuja and follow this process if you have bigger mouth to feed. This will last till another January Feb tomato season no matter how extravagant you use it

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by isabi2lof: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2023
Banga stew all the way and concoction rice with carrot grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ponishah: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2023
ManirBK:
It's more medicinal
Why not use dogonyarro leaves, nothing g more medicinal than that, since everything unconventional is medicinal to you. It tomatoes not medicinal?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by 96ACE: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2023
grin

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by bunnae(f): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2023
descarado:
You spend a lot making carrot stew than tomatoe stew. Bland if you don't season well. It finishes waaaay before tomatoe stew.
Heaven help you if it's not the sweat carrot.
If it's an alternative, believe me, Nigerians would have been making it.
Besides, tomato paste and loads of atadoro will do. Tomatoes have always been scarce at this time of the year till October since I was a kid in Nigeria.
Blame the worthless naira. Nothing new here.
Is that always part true? I started experiencing tomato scarcity in 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by kkins25(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2023
Is satchet tomatoe not available?
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by delpee(f): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2023
Tomato is always scarce and expensive during the rainy season. Nothing new.

Pepper, onions and Nigerian tomato paste are perfect for stew.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2023
descarado:

Buddha, tomatoe wahala in Abuja predestined tinubu. If you are a family man in Abuja and has a little bit steady electricity,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAPHkDYWJ10

Shop for a basket of tomato around January- February at any fruit market in an around Abuja and follow this process if you have bigger mouth to feed. This will last till another January Feb tomato season no matter how extravagant you use it

This is not true.

Between October 2022 and March this year, a plastic basket of tomatoes in any Abuja market was selling between 2000 and 2,500. This plastic basket is the same one used in homes as waste bins. The price varied depending on your bargaining power and market in question. Wuse market, Garki market, Dei-dei market, Kubwa market, all sold tomatoes within that range.

I know because bulk shopping for food items was a task I took seriously. The wife only had to wash and preserve, or wash, blend and preserve.

Agreeably, depending on the time of the year, tomato price either increased or dropped. But it's hardly ever within this period we're having it now. And certainly not at the outrageous amounts being sold as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Bobage16(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2023
This one wey the rich de complain on our behalf, I believe they are just being caring. My own present problem na how I wan tk go carry my shop gen from mechanic, I see 5k to complete am, any help will be appreciated. Abeg
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Fuckyoumod: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2023
Chijeep:
Nigerians will not cease to amaze person.
Always looking for alternative on the problems them put themselves into.
Same thing will come up if Tinubu colour starts to showcase.

after all the insults they poured on Tinubu, they thought Tinubu will forgive them.

Tinubu will deal with them for all the abuses and insults. Lol ....

They accused him of wearing diapers, bed wetting and shaky hands.
They even composed a song for Tinubu, "baba we no well dey shout emi lokan"

Tinubu 1 vs Nigerians 0.

Tinubu go show una pepper! Mark my words.
Una deserve everything that is coming to you people in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by micflo28(m): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2023
Strawberry and pomegranate are also better alternatives

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by jumper524(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2023
abobote:
Carrot is more expensive than tomato
not in Abuja and not in raining season.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by FireUpNow(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2023
Time is coming that we will blend cassava and agbado to make stew. It's Tinubu and the rest. Welcome on board

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by jumper524(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

political opposition and criticism is not reality.
The reality was unavoidable not even obi would avery it only difference is that you eat your vomit if obi were president and sane thing is happening.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Grace001: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2023
Suffering PROmax
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by shiwex: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2023
Tinubu's APC........UNNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING. To close eyes, line up for sun /rain and vote Tinubu. You all deserve to drink Bitter leaf water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by lilrel(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalee:
till one day headline will be:

NIGERIANS NOW EAT GRASS AS ALTERNATIVE TO SALAD

Tinubu has made Nigerians start experimenting many cheaper alternatives

Lol!. Comment of the day. People must receive wisdom by force in this country.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by descarado: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

This is not true.

Between October 2022 and March this year, a plastic basket of tomatoes in any Abuja market was selling between 2000 and 2,500. This plastic basket is the same one used in homes as waste bins. The price varied depending on your bargaining power and market in question. Wuse market, Garki market, Dei-dei market, Kubwa market, all sold tomatoes within that range.

I know because bulk shopping for food items was a task I took seriously. The wife only had to wash and preserve, or wash, blend and preserve.

Agreeably, depending on the time of the year, tomato price either increased or dropped. But it's hardly ever within this period we're having it now. And certainly not at the outrageous amounts being sold as we speak.
Naaaa, uou don't go to wuse market and co for bulk buying at all.

I said Jan Feb cos that's when you get tomato cheapest. When I was in Abuja, that's when we usually buy. Like yam is cheaper in mararaba fruit market. If you know how to preserve yam, shop there.
Fruit Market, deidei, madalla etc are the markets you can shop from. I don't know how it is anymore as I have left Nigeria yrs ago but I just want to help as I usually buy at that particular time too when I was around. Not only me, so many women.
We have time we buy crayfish, dry fish, yam etc.

The fall of naira has affected everything.

Let your wife do the buying with some other group of women. You will see the diff.
Cue. Whenever we want to shop, we dress like peasants, no car, like those market women selling yomatoes and peppers. Bargaining prowess in Nigeria is determinant on look. Also, the dressing will make you blend in.

Even where I am presently, I shop at a particular time for some particular stuffs.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by IamtheTruth1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2023
descarado:

Naaaa, uou don't go to wuse market and co for bulk buying at all.

I said Jan Feb cos that's when you get tomato cheapest. When I was in Abuja, that's when we usually buy. Like yam is cheaper in mararaba fruit market. If you know how to preserve yam, shop there.
Fruit Market, deidei, madalla etc are the markets you can shop from. I don't know how it is anymore as I have left Nigeria yrs ago but I just want to help as I usually buy at that particular time too when I was around. Not only me, so many women.
We have time we buy crayfish, dry fish, yam etc.

The fall of naira has affected everything.

Let your wife do the buying with some other group of women. You will see the diff.
Cue. Whenever we want to shop, we dress like peasants, no car, like those market women selling yomatoes and peppers. Bargaining prowess in Nigeria is determinant on look. Also, the dressing will make you blend in.

Even where I am presently, I shop at a particular time for some particular stuffs.

I totally understand your take on this issue. But quite honestly my brother, Abuja markets are no longer how you used to know them.

I'll rather drive to gwagwalada or Bwari to buy food items in bulk than to go die from stress from Mararaba market. Bottomline is, the disparity in the price of tomatoes in the space of just 4 months, is scary and alarming. That same basket of tomatoes sold for 7,500 last week at Kaura and Garki markets. How are the ordinary masses supposed to survive?!

And trust me, I'm way better at market shopping and bargaining than my wife. Most times she doesn't even go to markets if I'm not available to accompany her cause she's bad at it. She'll just hand out whatever amount is demanded without making the efforts to bargain, saying she doesn't want to end up having misunderstandings with anybody in an open market over pricing templates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
jumper524:
political opposition and criticism is not reality.
The reality was unavoidable not even obi would avery it only difference is that you eat your vomit if obi were president and sane thing is happening.

So, are you eating your vomit now?

Since you've decided to be unfortunate enough to bring ethnic colouration and party affiliation under my mention.

No sane leader wakes up and makes two major economy deciding policies in the space of one week, without first putting up cushions to absorb the shock effects of those policies on the receiving masses. And in a country where our currency has mood swings worse than a menstruating woman, Tinubu's fire brigade approach was not properly thought out and planned.

This is not about Obi, Atiku, Kwankwaso or the Western puppet at Aso rock currently. It's about the fact that policies with deep rooted effects are being reeled out with absolutely no thoughts as to how they'll rub off on the people who are already struggling. While we're both sweating to stay afloat, this same elite class is busy apportioning salary increments, allowances and stupendous emoluments to themselves. They won't feel one bit of what you and I are feeling, but you'll still feel the need to come here and defend them with an empty stomach and a head full of problems and thoughts..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods / How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) / Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.