Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up (30659 Views)

See How I Made This Easy And Delicious Carrot Stew (pics And Video) / See How I prepared my stew as a single guy. / Carrot Jollof Rice: How To Prepare Jollof Rice With Carrot And No Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Cantonese: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
Na una sabi.

Anyhow una find the option, na una do una sef. So tay tomatoes are very scarce. Those who we know specialize in beans and bread early in the morning, na una sabi. Maybe Dem go begin combine beans with efo or gbegiri or ewedu. Or maybe una go kuku combine rice with okro soup.

Some Nigerians seem to have hardship, misery and suffering in their DNAs. They have successfully exported nationwide. Vote for bad leaders, suffer the consequences.

Very soon , some na to join THE GREAT TREKKERS (TGT) union. See people now trek up and down daily with no transport fare in their pockets. Maybe some do not know that walking is an Olympic sport. Very soon some Nigerians go begin break Guiness book of records for the longest walking. After all some have walked from Kano to Abuja, from Lagos to Abuja, etc. Very soon na to walk from Bayelsa to Maradi in one day.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by nomo1771: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ijakumo 2 Snippet: The Born Again Prostitute ! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosINeu2at4
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
ManirBK:
It's more medicinal
I know say na only agbado person fit talk this kain nonsense talk, I'm not surprised cool

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by descarado: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

I totally understand your take on this issue. But quite honestly my brother, Abuja markets are no longer how you used to know them.

I'll rather drive to gwagwalada or Bwari to buy food items in bulk than to go die from stress from Mararaba market. Bottomline is, the disparity in the price of tomatoes in the space of just 4 months, is scary and alarming. That same basket of tomatoes sold for 7,500 last week at Kaura and Garki markets. How are the ordinary masses supposed to survive?!

And trust me, I'm way better at market shopping and bargaining than my wife. Most times she doesn't even go to markets if I'm not available to accompany her cause she's bad at it. She'll just hand out whatever amount is demanded without making the efforts to bargain, saying she doesn't want to end up having misunderstandings with anybody in an open market over pricing templates.
OK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
TruthinAction:
But the price of satchet tomatoes hasn't changed. So, why not go for it and add lots of fresh pepper. It will produce a very tasty stew.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Not many know this.

Tomato paste + pepper flakes/powder + onion = stew is ready.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ComeToJesus: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
Tinubu is literally showing us pepper ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ .
This is so because in the Southwest, tomato is erroneously referred to as pepper.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Ofemmanu1: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Hahaha

Shege reloaded

Where are those archaic and primitive humans that keep on shouting it will favor me and my family ?

Please Nigerians don't pity any one in your street

Untill we stop stepping into the polling unit with sentiment and tribalism

Tinubu has the Character, Calibre Charisma and Capability to grind out solutions in this present Malaise.

Good thing takes time.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by etrange: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2023
Did they identify the as housewives?
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Nobleou(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
abobote:
Carrot is more expensive than tomato
One carrot ๐Ÿฅ• stew might produce a drum of stew to be eaten for one month
angry
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Georgejeez: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2023
This lack of cheap tomatoes will favour Me and my family grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by AfonjaPriest: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
The cost of tomatoes has gone up. The cost of governance has gone up. Nigerians are paying the cost for everything. The worst is not yet near. Surely, it will come, and before it comes, Nigerians will suffer more, and the supporters of a mandate robber will get their own big share.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ViktorCash: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
grin cheesy grin I taya for the country
nairalee:
till one day headline will be:

NIGERIANS NOW EAT GRASS AS ALTERNATIVE TO SALAD

Tinubu has made Nigerians start experimenting many cheaper alternatives

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by newoffer: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buy dried Shombo, Tatase and dried tomato. Then soak it. Buy tin tomato paste . It will last longer than you can imagine...
Haveyoueatentod:
Me na Tomato paste stew that's the way forward now and I mostly cook tomato paste jollof rice

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by jumper524(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

So, are you eating your vomit now?

Since you've decided to be unfortunate enough to bring ethnic colouration and party affiliation under my mention.

No sane leader wakes up and makes two major economy deciding policies in the space of one week, without first putting up cushions to absorb the shock effects of those policies on the receiving masses. And in a country where our currency has mood swings worse than a menstruating woman, Tinubu's fire brigade approach was not properly thought out and planned.

This is not about Obi, Atiku, Kwankwaso or the Western puppet at Aso rock currently. It's about the fact that policies with deep rooted effects are being reeled out with absolutely no thoughts as to how they'll rub off on the people who are already struggling. While we're both sweating to stay afloat, this same elite class is busy apportioning salary increments, allowances and stupendous emoluments to themselves. They won't feel one bit of what you and I are feeling, but you'll still feel the need to come here and defend them with an empty stomach and a head full of problems and thoughts..
I made a mistake trying to work something with you.
Sorry, I just hope your household call you the perfect leader with the best of policies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ceeceeuwa: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
Tinned ๐Ÿ… with lots of onions and pepper will do the magic.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Cromagnon: 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
descarado:
You spend a lot making carrot stew than tomatoe stew. Bland if you don't season well. It finishes waaaay before tomatoe stew.
Heaven help you if it's not the sweat carrot.
If it's an alternative, believe me, Nigerians would have been making it.
Besides, tomato paste and loads of atadoro will do. Tomatoes have always been scarce at this time of the year till October since I was a kid in Nigeria.
Blame the worthless naira. Nothing new here.
worthless naira or worthless farmers
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by bengunsman(m): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
It is because Nigerians are too choosey when it comes to food, hence they dont have substitutes. In some African countries like Liberia and seria Leone, they have variety of vegetables they eat with white rice. Like Garden egg sauce, casava leaves, potatoe leaves, onions source, banga sauce and normal spinach sauce. They hardly eat our normal grinded and over boiled tomato stew.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Cromagnon: 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalee:
till one day headline will be:

NIGERIANS NOW EAT GRASS AS ALTERNATIVE TO SALAD

Tinubu has made Nigerians start experimenting many cheaper alternatives

made you. How did he make you do anything
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by nairalee(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Cromagnon:
made you. How did he make you do anything

you dont know that government's policies have effect on people and they have to take decisions to adjust to it?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by SAMTOBIJU(m): 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
abobote:
Carrot is more expensive than tomato

Exactly my wife response
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Cromagnon: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalee:

you dont know that government's policies have effect on people and they have to take decisions to adjust to it?

They do if you're lazy
What has policy stopped in militants or ugm
They all have guns and fighting for their share

What stops you if your not a coward farmer or manufacture
As govt policy stopped dangote or honeywell or bua or innoson?

Adapt or perish
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Amah91(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2023
Cassandraloius:
I use coconut milk instead and also use curry to prepare chicken curry or goat meat curry and lastly pepper soup/Banga stew.
Man must survive! wink

Tomato ๐Ÿ… is now the new expensive guy. grin

Please I will like to learn this recipe

Thank you

Kindly check my signature.โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Amah91(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2023
Please I will like to learn this recipe

Thank you

Kindly check my signature.โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ™
[/quote]
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by ahnie: 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where is the recipe make we try am. undecided
E nor affect you now , you're well secured dear.
Re: Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
ahnie:
E nor affect you now , you're well secured dear.
Lol... I am in for anything healthy and tasty. It might be Sapa for them but so long as it is healthy, I am in.

Recall that even Salads were once Sapa only food at one point in time. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Worldโ€™s Most Dangerous Foods / How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) / Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.