Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices (20239 Views)

Pure Water Producers Announce Price Increase / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / Hackers Are Targeting Nigerian Banks, Attack Imminent – NITDA Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by GemUnique(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Even bread wey i dey use guide lipsrsealed
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by ismhab(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by AroOkigbo(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Juanmike:
May this bread hike in price favour me and my family.
Una too joke for this country grin

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Minjim: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2023
They'll be the loser. Nah to stop eating bread.

A loaf is already 1k.

They increased their product already. They can't increase it again and not incur anger
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Zane2point4(m): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

And then the government pays subsides, and then they get into more debt, and then IMF comes for their ass.

We used to subsidse bread. We stopped because it was eating a lot of our earnings.

Let them pay subsidies,we dont care at this point, even if they dont pay politicians will loot the money, we cn only gv acct of funds in ur custody.not useless country as Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2023
TsbAfrica:
Men how long are we waiting to see the effect of this new government becasue it's getting worse ... Tinubu needs to factor in the predicament of the grassroots..
Government is for themselves.Dont expect anything good from them.

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2023
Juanmike:
Amen lol
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by LadyRosa2(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2023
nedu666:

Really so you will plant all your food needs on the idle land and they will produce crops for your consumption the next day. Your mother taught you how to bake, good for you, did she teach you how to plant wheat, process it and turn it to flour, did she teach you how to produce butter, sugar, raising agent, absorbic acid. Pls think b4 u type

What she taught me IS MORE THSN ENOUGH TO FILL UP MY FRIDGE, KITCHEN,STORAGE ROOM AND YOUR HOUSE cool WITH FOOD.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Akaegwu(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2023
Minjim:
They'll be the loser. Nah to stop eating bread.

A loaf is already 1k.

They increased their product already. They can't increase it again and not incur anger
1k is medium size. Family sizes is between 1.3 to 1.5k
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Cantonese: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2023
The questions remain:
Wetin Nigerians do APC?
Na until APC kuku finish Nigerians both home and abroad before dem go rest?
APC supporters, una see una lives?
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by jaxxy(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2023
I warned agbadorians
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2023
Let the poor breath...
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nedu666: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2023
Imf policy
Remove fuel subsidy check
Unify exchange rate check
Remove education subsidy check
Remove electricity subsidy check
Increase vat to 15%....... on the way
Implement pollution tax for climate change.....on the way
Increase number of taxable adults......on the way
Remove cheap healthcare.......on the way

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by akanjikokoro: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2023
Since our God is still there for us, our daily bread shall never cease. FG should find solution to food scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Angelfrost(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2023
Yeah... Whatever!

It will favor Nigerians and their families!

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Hespee93: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2023
Something that the price has been increase already.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2023
This is no news.

I bought the bread i usually buy for N1800 at the rate of N2500 last week.

So let's go there Again..

2 Likes

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by riverbird: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2023
wizelink:
Nigeria is gone. Bye bye Naija

Thanks to miscreants,agberos and rascals grin
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by sulaak(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2023
This is what happens when a country has lazy myopic leaders.

Brazil is a tropical country and also a major Wheat producer. A country that imports its energy and food is doomed to fail because the government will have to seek USD to import the two major resources that a country requires.

What is APC and Tinubu's tactical and strategic plan on energy and food security?

2 Likes

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Thermodynamics(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2023
Nackzy:
Even commodities the poor masses are surviving on is becoming very difficult to buy presently, you can't buy them at will, you must budget, plan calculate, just imagine how the price of bread and garri has skyrocketed, price of poultry feed has quadrupled, broilers that use to be 750 is now 6000 upward, Life is really hard in this country, Tinubu means well for this country, but yet he won't be able to do anything, people that will be singing his priases are just going to be his benefactors, and another 8 years will come and Go, God why

Some foolish people who are suffering due to Tinubu's incompetent will still be singing his praises in their suffering all because Tinubu is Yoruba.

And no, Tinubu does NOT mean well for this Country, he is the reason why everything is expensive, all he has done since he came into power is to make things worse

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nairalanda1(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2023
Zane2point4:

Let them pay subsidies,we dont care at this point, even if they dont pay politicians will loot the money, we cn only gv acct of funds in ur custody.not useless country as Nigeria

Countries that pay subsides pay for them in taxes...not by oyel money.

Tunisia pays for bread subsidies, and its tax to gdp is 24.6%. Nigeria? 10.86%.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by michoim(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2023
Every day wahala for naija. So so bad news. As if Nigeria was formed for troubles only. God deliver us...
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nairalanda1(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2023
It would be nice if the bread people were paid a subsidy by government, so that bread can be cheap.

Problem is, cost of bread is rising. Most of our wheat used in bread comes from Ukraine, which is under bombing by the Russians right now. Wheat production in Africa has never been good (Senegal's wheat association head was estimating it might take his country some 5 years to get enough wheat grown in the country for its needs...and he is being opitmistic).

Then there is cost of production, cost of transport on top matter.

We can bring in subsides, and bring in parallel forex rates, and we would be back to the bad old days of roundtripping and smuggling, and growing deficit and debt, and more economic wahala. or we can start facing reality, and improving domestic production of these things, or using subsitutes self.

Remember Essenco. Buhari back in 1984 tried to forced bread and some other commodities to stay cheap. Scarcity and violence resulted.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by CodeTemplar: 11:19am On Jul 04, 2023
Juanmike:
when you begin frying cassava it will favour you... Lol
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by VicM6: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2023
Tinubu go feed him people with corn nd cassava na.......
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Godstiger(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2023
Thought they said it is coming down
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Zane2point4(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Countries that pay subsides pay for them in taxes...not by oyel money.

Tunisia pays for bread subsidies, and its tax to gdp is 24.6%. Nigeria? 10.86%.
I dont doubt what you said one bit!

Am only saying subsidy seems to be the only tangible thing we gain from been a Nigerian!
Arent you seeing feeding allowances of president? How many billions did u see?

Now why dont they start there to cut off expenses if they really want a genuine institution?

And they will still loot the subsidy money,so its of no need removing it,if we get to level of those countries you quoted i will know!
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Fr33born(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2023
Bakery owners and Breadmakers Association of Nigeria are among the most wicked in Nigeria. They are always looking for the slightest opportunity to increase price yet, they will never pay their workers well.
Sugar adds #1, they increase price of bread by #100. When Sugar price reduces by #5, the price of bread will not go down.
Flour adds #1, they increase price of bread by #100. When Flour price reduces by #5, the price of bread will not go down.
Yeast adds #1, they increase price of bread by #100. Yeast price reduces by #5, the price of bread will not go down.
Fuel adds #10, they increase price of bread by #200. Fuel price reduces by #10, the price of bread will not go down.
And so on.
And you see their workers working day and night, looking hungry and getting paid peanuts.

Very wicked people.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by fabolouz1(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2023
There have been hike in prices of virtually everything in this nation except salary .
NLC is pro government .
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Akaegwu(m): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2023
Empty barrel.
LadyRosa2:

Yea I dey chop big gbola, my husband’s own big mighty veiny GBOLA long enough to hang your malnourished neck on an iroko tree.

I have two plots of used lands for livestock FOOL! I have more than 80 livestock FOOL!
I come from family of farming FOOL!

I'M a herdswoman FOOL!

I am a farmer FOOL!

I DONT GO HUNGRY FO/OL! I Get dirty! I farm BI=TCH!

MY HUSBAND has got a good job and still farms FO*OL!

Where we store and how we store food will last up to 3 years FOOO%O#OLLLLLLL! grin

Now get the fu"ck outta here and keep banging low life urgent 2k stinking POSSIEESS, thats ya grade! FOO%L!

Anu jaki!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Foundation On Birthday / I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone / Can CBN Sustain The Black Market Onslaught?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.