Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices (20287 Views)

Pure Water Producers Announce Price Increase / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / Hackers Are Targeting Nigerian Banks, Attack Imminent – NITDA Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by LadyRosa2(f): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2023
Akaegwu:
Empty barrel.

Says a teacup!
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by worksmart(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2023
Dear Buhari, Nigerians have now forgiven you!
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Babathanks(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2023
RabbitGuy:
This is one of the major reason we all need to go back to farming else It will be difficult and tough.

Watch this video below and be inspired by a lady who started farming and making it.

Don't forget to subscribe too. God bless Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa4qi68px0c&feature=share7
You can never force people to go to farm. Even here in the north, people don’t want to farm anymore. Buhari try this for 8years and he fail, he thought if youth starve they will go back to farm but they didn’t. Nobody have monopoly of anybody destiny. The best thing is for the government to cut customs duty or remove any levy on all this imported goods, open our border for goods and food. Customs duty are too much for all this product
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by tefund(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Akaegwu:
1k is medium size. Family sizes is between 1.3 to 1.5k
Na to reduce size be that..
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nairalanda1(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2023
Zane2point4:

I dont doubt what you said one bit!

Am only saying subsidy seems to be the only tangible thing we gain from been a Nigerian!

Yeah, and it has wrecked our economy because we use oil money instead of tax revenue for it.

Plus, you went to school and graduated without debt. That's benefit of educaiton subsidy. And your hospital bills are not sky high if you go to government hospital, that's another subsidy. Power prices are relatively cheap compared to even Ghana, and the roads ain't tolled.

Arent you seeing feeding allowances of president? How many billions did u see?

A lot, but not enough to pay for subsides for a month, talkless of a few weeks.

To expantiate, feeding allowance is not up to 50 billion naira per annum. Subsidy costs for petrol alone were 300-600billion in one month this approx.This year.

And yes, we should cut feeding allowances, before you start accusing me of defending excess. We have to because we are not a rich nation.

Now why dont they start there to cut off expenses if they really want a genuine institution?

And they will still loot the subsidy money,so its of no need removing it,if we get to level of those countries you quoted i will know!
[/quote]

Well, those countries too have corruption issues, and we need to earn more money...which is where changing how we run our economy here comes in

Plus we need to hold government at all levels accountable. Hard work? Yes.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2023
RabbitGuy:
This is one of the major reason we all need to go back to farming else It will be difficult and tough.

Watch this video below and be inspired by a lady who started farming and making it

What has everybody going back to farming got to do with the price of bread?

Have you gone back to farming?

Who are the "we all" that need to go back to farming?
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by mayorkent(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2023
Lols , this country Don day give me daily headache .... sha make the price of nibbles no pass that 1k e day now oh.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, and it has wrecked our economy because we use oil money instead of tax revenue for it.

Plus, you went to school and graduated without debt. That's benefit of educaiton subsidy. And your hospital bills are not sky high if you go to government hospital, that's another subsidy. Power prices are relatively cheap compared to even Ghana, and the roads ain't tolled.

To expantiate, feeding allowance is not up to 50 billion naira per annum. Subsidy costs for petrol alone were 300-600billion in one month this approx.This year.

And yes, we should cut feeding allowances, before you start accusing me of defending excess. We have to because we are not a rich nation.

Well, those countries too have corruption issues, and we need to earn more money...which is where changing how we run our economy here comes in

How has fuel Subsidy "wrecked" the nigerian economy?

Zane2point4, let's see if nairalanda1 can answer this very simple question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Emeka71(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jashub:
Wahala , wahala , wahala, wahala .... undecided
Upon wahala.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Countries that pay subsides pay for them in taxes...not by oyel money.

Tunisia pays for bread subsidies, and its tax to gdp is 24.6%. Nigeria? 10.86%.

What has the nigerian government done with it's 10.86% tax to GDP?
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Never4getU: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bread is already too expensive and by the time this one is included concoction will be best preferred. The family size which now cost btw 1500 to 1200 will probably be going for almost 2k is not while sliced which is currently sold at 800plus will sell for almost 1k plus for only bread 🍞 oo no be sey if you eat am finish u no go eat again oo

Anyways, I like bread but I can always find alternative to my urge

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Prisco4luv(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
me wey like bread 🍞 how I go dey survive now 😭😭
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by marvrick: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
It's like Buhari's government will prove to be better than Tinubu's own o shocked
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by wizelink(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2023
riverbird:

Thanks to miscreants,agberos and rascals grin

The suffering in Nigeria in the past 8 years plus is under reported. People are sleeping with a poorly prepared meal once a day. People are now eating what they rejected before now just to fill up their bellies. You go to market to buy food items, you end thinking someone stole your money. Prices of things are skyrocketing everyday. The hope of the masses are being dashed. May God have mercy on this country Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by caye(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
I've stopped eating bread ( mostly).

It makes my stomach acidic. I think they never stopped using that chemical that Dr. Akunyili wanted to ban ( bromate; a derivative of bromine, which is acidic, according to Yaw Ababio [ Indomie generation ppl CAN NEVER KNOW what I'm talking about!]).
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Kemadealadire(f): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2023
Revolution2022:
You ladies that depend on men for anything won't feel the pain.
Lol, tell that to the ladies in your circle.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Afokesco(m): 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
cjudy:
smiley

With the way Tinubu government is going, very soon we will end up appreciating Buhari. Since Buhari left office, everything in this country is going on the high side. Fuel from 210 to 520 and many more. Seems Buhari will be appreciated as the lost Messiah

this is just the beginning

Nigerians aren't United

just because of nepotism

agbadorians are still suffering it

because of tinubu people will start to hate the Yorubas
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by caye(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
Juanmike:
May this bread hike in price favour me and my family.

Thank you sir.
Most Nigerian religionists are very dence, foolish, dindinrin, suegbe, and have low IQ.
They never understand economics, and the behaviour of money: all they have is magic / miracle thinking and selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Reference(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

What has the nigerian government done with it's 10.86% tax to GDP?

Ask them..... about what is left, after the former Accountant General helped himself to 30 billion and till today no one knows where he is and what has become of the case.

A country where budgets are made without citizen input to deliver projects they don't need or will not benefit from and at costs that are out of this world....

Give them 101% Tax to GDP ratio and Nigeria will not change one bit just as dipping a basket in the ocean will not retain a teaspoon of water.

The structure of the Nigerian state is not geared towards progress.

1 Like

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Juanmike(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
caye:

Thank you sir.
Most Nigerian religionists are very dence, foolish, dindinrin, suegbe, and have low IQ.
They never understand economics, and the behaviour of money: all they have is magic / miracle thinking and selfishness.
Save that for the Agbados
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by caye(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Adakintroy:
No matter this hike no fear.. Just intensify hard work. Even if rice reach 100k those that can afford it will still afford it.

Time rice was 5naira, probably in the 70's people still complain it was expensive and people were still feeding their dogs with it. Work hard and keep working hard and when you tired work hard some more.

...so says a political slave overseer flogging his own ppl, while hiding in Europe/ Amerikkka.

Don't worry, between civil war 2.0 by worshippers of the religion of white supremacy in Amerikkka and minimal nuclear war btw NATO and Russia ( allied) in Europe, one of them must reach your side.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nairalanda1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

Zane2point4, let's see if nairalanda1 can answer this very simple question

[b]Has subsidy helped the nigerian economy become like the economy of the US[/b]A?

Lexy2014, oya....answer the question

If you do not answer the question, I take it you agree with me that subsidy has damaged the economy.

Your problem is, you think I am defending Tinubu and Buhari. And you want me to look like an oppressor. Well, if we have been trying the same thing for 40 years, and it is not working, isn't it time it went.

]As for your own quesiton, I have answered it. If you do not like my answer, go and get married. grin

Answer my quesiton, or you will get no answer from me, Mr Subsidy defender. (That means you agree with Buhari that subsidy is okay).
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by caye(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, how much are you being paid by the APC, you disinformationistas?

You think you are safe in the white tribes land?
Very soon, an evil karma will come upon you.

Keep using your intelligence to support evil. You believe inwardly that most Nigerians are illiterate, and can be brainwashed easily by you belle-economists.

Continue.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by nairalanda1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
caye:

So, how much are you being paid by the APC, you disinformationistas?

You think you are safe in the white tribes land?
Very soon, an evil karma will come upon you.

Keep using your intelligence to support evil. You believe inwardly that most Nigerians are illiterate, and can be brainwashed easily by you belle-economists.

Continue.

Yeah, because I oppose subsidy...something I opposed since 2012, I am now APC supporter.

Oga, even if Peter Obi was president and he removed subsidy, I will come out and support him. If ATIKU removed subsidy as president, I will support him

Because the thing is , subsides are eating our revneue. EVEN IF WE FIGHT CORRUIPTION, EVEN IF WE PLUG LEAKAGES, EVEN IF WE CUT SPENDING, subsidy is eating our revenue well well.

At the moment we are spending 80% or close to that of our earnings on debt servicing...most of it thanks to APC which was brought on us by Tinubu self. And you want us to go into more debt to spend on subsidy?

YOU WANT US TO BE IMF'S SLAVE FOR LIFE?

Oga, grow the heck up. No matter who is in chargfe, if we keep subsidy, we would be in SERIOUS ECONOMIC MESS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE .

And no, I DON'T LIKE IT. I HATE IT IEFFING HATE THAT SUBSIDY HAS TO GO, I HATE THAT THE POOR ARE SUFFERING, I AM ANGRY THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS BEEN MISMANAGEDF, AND I DID NOT VOTE FOR APC, AND NEVER EFFING WILL

But we don't have a choice. anymore. And it is sand, and sand. And calling me a tinubu supporter misses the point.

Now get out of my sight and don't quote me again.
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by RabbitGuy: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

What has everybody going back to farming got to do with the price of bread?

Have you gone back to farming?

Who are the "we all" that need to go back to farming?

Price of food is going up in 3month time things we be expensive. Agriculture is the way to go
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by RabbitGuy: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
Babathanks:

You can never force people to go to farm. Even here in the north, people don’t want to farm anymore. Buhari try this for 8years and he fail, he thought if youth starve they will go back to farm but they didn’t. Nobody have monopoly of anybody destiny. The best thing is for the government to cut customs duty or remove any levy on all this imported goods, open our border for goods and food. Customs duty are too much for all this product
Ok. Thanks for your input.

But I still believe agriculture is a bedrock of all nations
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

[b]Has subsidy helped the nigerian economy become like the economy of the US[/b]A?

If you do not answer the question, I take it you agree with me that subsidy has damaged the economy.

Your problem is, you think I am defending Tinubu and Buhari. And you want me to look like an oppressor. Well, if we have been trying the same thing for 40 years, and it is not working, isn't it time it went.

]As for your own quesiton, I have answered it. If you do not like my answer, go and get married. grin

Answer my quesiton, or you will get no answer from me, Mr Subsidy defender. (That means you agree with Buhari that subsidy is okay).

Can you show me the discussion we had about my thinking about you supporting Tinubu and buhari?

What has the questions which I have asked you over time which u have never been able to answer got to do with whether you support Tinubu or buhari?

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by riverbird: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2023
wizelink:

The suffering in Nigeria in the past 8 years plus is under reported. People are sleeping with a poorly prepared meal once a day. People are now eating what they rejected before now just to fill up their bellies. You go to market to buy food items, you end thinking someone stole your money. Prices of things are skyrocketing everyday. The hope of the masses are being dashed. May God have mercy on this country Nigeria.

God removed his hands from Nigeria matters a long time ago, hv u noticed that when you pray for yourself God answers but when you pray for Nigeria nothing happens because we are our own problem?
Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by lexy2014: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

If you say "As for your own quesiton, I have answered it", what other answer are you telling me to expect from you when you said "Answer my quesiton, or you will get no answer from me"?

Can you show me the discussion we had about my thinking about you supporting Tinubu and buhari?

What has the questions which I have asked you over time which u have never been able to answer got to do with whether you support Tinubu or buhari?

Re: Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices by Babathanks(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2023
RabbitGuy:

Ok. Thanks for your input.

But I still believe agriculture is a bedrock of all nations
America import most of there food products from neighbouring countries. But they explore other ways to develop like technology, manufacturing of products and many other things including science. There are so many ways that I think Nigeria can explore and it will develop our country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings / Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / EFCC Recovers N1bn From Ponzi Scheme Suspects In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.